Welcome Home

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junmyeon’s eyes were still on Chanyeol as his stern expression mitigated just a bit, embracing his child who immediately came into his arms.

 

The limousine had started to drive away from the curb, leaving the craziness of the paparazzi and news reporters behind in the meantime.

 

Kyungsoo suddenly pulled back, swallowing. He removed his cap and facemask instantly. “Omma,” he whispered, his tone apologetic. (Mother)

 

“Gwaenchanah?” Junmyeon asked frantically, squeezing his only child’s cold, damp hands. “You’re not hurt, are you?”

 

Kyungsoo shook his head, attempting to assure his mother. “There’s not a scratch on me.” He turned to Chanyeol, who remained wordless and immobile on the cushioned seat opposite them. He had also taken off his cap and facemask, in respect for Junmyeon. The look on his alpha’s face was a mix of awkwardness and guilt, as if not sure if he should look away or disappear. “O-Omma... this is Chanyeol-ssi. He’s—”

 

“Your father went completely berserk!” Junmyeon interrupted, entirely ignoring the irresponsible alpha who got his beloved baby into this mess in the first place. “Who could blame him? When he called to tell me that you had eloped, I could not calm him down! I wanted to fly to Las Vegas before finding him confined in a hospital there!”

 

Kyungsoo lowered his head regretfully. The health scare his father underwent last year had been terribly traumatic for both him and his mother. In his spite, Kyungsoo hadn’t considered the repercussions his rash actions would entail, especially on his father’s condition.

 

Kyungsoo heard his mother sigh. He dared look up and his heart broke at the sight of Junmyeon shaking his head.

 

This was the first time Kyungsoo had seen his mother so dispirited.

 

“Is it true?” Junmyeon asked, so softly that his question was hardly audible. “Did you really get married four days ago?”

 

Kyungsoo opened his mouth to answer, but no words came out. He couldn’t form them. Instead, his own tears began to flow when he saw several dropping from his mother’s crestfallen eyes.

 

“I had to see it in the news to confirm it. When I asked Luhan, he was just as shocked as I was! I thought you talked to your cousin about everything! I thought you talked to me about everything!” Junmyeon cried, trying to comprehend why his child would keep such a thing from him.

 

“All the people we know were extending their congratulations, and were asking me all these questions about why it was such a surprise or why it was so sudden... And what was I supposed to tell them? Was this how you wanted me to find out, Kyungja? You didn’t even...” His mother started to sob, covering his lips with trembling hands. “I waited and waited. I couldn’t contact you and you didn’t even call! You were getting married and I... I should have been there! I’m your mother, Kyungsoo-yah! How could you?!”

 

Kyungsoo reached out to hold his mother, while helplessly murmuring how sorry he was over and over again. It was petty to point out that his cellphone and other communication devices had been taken away. He would have found a way to inform his mother, at least, if he really wanted to.

 

He should have tried harder.

 

Chanyeol bit his lip and glanced away finally, his chest constricting at hearing his mother-in-law and his omega so upset at what they had done.

 

He imagined his own mother reacting in a similar manner, but he knew he would be forgiven eventually.

 

He cringed. If his secret wedding had been on the news, then it probably wasn’t a good idea to face his family so soon.

 

However, he figured the mother of his omega wouldn’t be so easy to pacify.

 

“Are you pregnant?! Tell me the truth! Your father thinks you’re lying about that,” Junmyeon pressed desperately, wanting absolute honesty from his child. “If you are, come home and I’ll take care of you and the baby.”

 

“I’m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter