Istanbul

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After being on the air for twelve hours, Kyungsoo could barely keep his eyes open. It was about 4 a.m. in the morning in Seoul so his body was craving sleep upon landing on Istanbul.

 

He squinted at the airport clocks and the local time said nine in the evening. He made a move to adjust his wristwatch, only to see that his alpha was doing the exact same thing.

 

They looked at each other and burst out laughing.

 

Chanyeol ruffled his hair and pulled the smaller one close to him. “Sleepy?”

 

Kyungsoo weakly nodded as the taller one led him through immigration, his energy sapped from jetlag. They hadn’t had much sleep the night before as Chanyeol had only managed to pack for their trip at the last minute.

 

Chanyeol had been spending all-nighters in his offices, both at home and outside, since the Jeju photoshoot. Not that Kyungsoo minded. When Yixing and Luhan had found out that Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were going to Turkey for a week, they went berserk. Being each other’s omegas-of-honor and doing double duty as the omega to be married in April (Only 5 more weeks after the Turkey trip!) meant that all the spare time that Kyungsoo had in between had all gone out the window.

 

For Kyungsoo, this getaway with his alpha couldn’t come soon enough.

 

Thankfully, Chanyeol had arranged for a car to pick them up from the airport.

 

“Welcome back to Istanbul, Mr. Chanyeol,” the chauffer greeted, surprisingly familiar with his alpha.

 

Chanyeol smiled and shook his hand. “Tesekkur ederim, Ahmet.” (Thank you) He looked over at his omega proudly. “This is my mate, Kyungsoo.”

 

“You got married, Mr. Chanyeol? Congratulations!” A bright smile cracked the handsome Turkish alpha’s face and grasped both Kyungsoo’s hands. “You are so beautiful! Mr. Chanyeol is a lucky man, both in poker and in love!”

 

A blush spread like wildfire on Kyungsoo’s pretty face as he laughed in embarrassment. “Thank you.”

 

Ahmet helped Chanyeol and Kyungsoo with their luggage. “Off to the usual place?”

 

Chanyeol nodded, thanking the driver again. He opened the limousine’s door for his omega and Kyungsoo settled on the leather seats.

 

Kyungsoo was slowly waking up to the spectacular sights of Istanbul. The night lights only accentuated its landscape studded with mosques and Byzantine architecture; such a dynamic mix of the modern and the archaic, the very melting pot of east and west.

 

“Daebak,” he whispered in awe, his nose nearly pressed on the windowpane. He heard Chanyeol’s husky laugh behind him as he fondly kissed the top of his head. Kyungsoo turned to smile at him, but Chanyeol was already grinning.

 

The usual place turned out to be one of the grandest hotels along the Bosphorus River, the body of water straddling two continents. Ahmet gallantly escorted them to the lobby and endorsed their luggage to the concierge.

 

The couple thanked Ahmet again. With a wave, the friendly driver bid them good night.

 

“Mr. Chanyeol, we are happy to have you back in Conrad Istanbul. We have prepared the suite for you and your omega,” the concierge bespoke with unhidden esteem, as he proceeded to fetch their access cards.

 

Kyungsoo looked at Chanyeol and nudged him at the ribs. “Why does everyone here know who you are? Are you a celebrity of some sort and I don’t know it?” He in Korean.

 

Chanyeol only chuckled, his hand squeezing his, as they followed the concierge to the elevators.

 

They were led to suite number 6112. The concierge opened the door for them and Kyungsoo couldn’t help emitting a soft gasp.

 

The beige and white interior was to die for. There was an ornate sofa in front of a complete entertainment center, equipped with a 142-inch LCD, a Blu-ray player and the latest game console enhanced by state-of-the-art subwoofers. There was a quaint dinner table for two at one corner, which Kyungsoo noticed had a spread of a bottle of champagne on ice and a platter of oysters.

 

At the center was the ultimate definition of comfort—a majestic white bed strewn with rose petals in the shape of a heart and several fluffy pillows.

 

“We understand you have come in from a long flight,” the concierge said, pulling their luggage inside. Then he opened the door of the spacious bathroom, in which Kyungsoo dreamily walked into. The shower was situated on the right wall, and the concierge switched it on.

 

The spray came down like a waterfall.

 

The toiletries such as bath salts, lotions, and body wash were beautifully displayed on classy wooden compartments on the opposite wall, illuminated by dim romantic bellflower lamps.

 

The drapes were wide open, and a three-panel picture window was in front of the large ivory porcelain tub, where one could enjoy a leisurely bath with such a breathtaking view of the city below.

 

“Would you like us to run a bath for you, Mr. Kyungsoo?”

 

Kyungsoo blinked at the question, and then shyly shook his head as the concierge switched off the shower.

 

“If there is anything you need, anything at all, do let us know.”

 

The omega softly thanked the concierge, who smiled kindly at him. Then the concierge opened a drawer near the bed and handed them a thin elegant brown box that was tied with a golden ribbon. “Compliments of the house to congratulate you on your wedding.”

 

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol looked at each other and laughed. The smaller one nodded at the concierge and accepted the gift humbly.

 

“I hope everything is to your satisfaction?”

 

“It is,” Chanyeol agreed, putting an arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulders. “Again, thank you, Evrim.”

 

“It is always a pleasure, Mr. Chanyeol, do keep coming back whenever you are in Turkey.”

 

Chanyeol agreed amiably, and with a discreet handshake, he handed the concierge a hefty gratuity.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter