Complicated

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo covered his mouth, just in time to catch a full-blown yawn. Chanyeol was now driving them home from the airport, right after their twelve-hour flight from Istanbul. It didn’t help that there were reporters and even more paparazzi outside the immigration area, shouting questions about their marriage being in trouble.

 

Chanyeol had answered by keeping his mouth shut and tucking his petite omega to his side even more tightly.

 

He now glanced at Chanyeol’s direction, his tired eyes misting up. He could feel that his alpha was more exhausted than ever, but the taller one didn’t say it.

 

In fact, he hadn’t said much since Kyungsoo found him at the tub in their suite.

 

He gently reached to brush the hair away from Chanyeol’s temple. “Are you going back to work tomorrow?”

 

Chanyeol only nodded, taking his hand and planting a kiss on it whilst not taking his eyes off the road. It was nearly midnight in Seoul, and he wanted nothing more than to cuddle in bed with his omega.

 

“Then you should get some sleep,” Kyungsoo said, the inside of Chanyeol’s palm. He was grateful for the week that they had spent in Turkey, because they needed it. The bond they shared had strengthened, and Kyungsoo didn’t need any more convincing of how much Chanyeol really loved him.

 

The taller one turned to a corner and slowed down as the house came into view. Kyungsoo pressed the access code from his phone to open the gate.

 

Chanyeol drove into the cobbled stone path, brightening his headlights. Kyungsoo squinted as he noticed that the lights were on inside the house and there was an unfamiliar car parked in front.

 

“Omo!” Kyungsoo gasped as his alpha stepped on the brakes. “Are we being robbed?!”

 

The smaller one removed his seatbelt in a hurry, hardly hearing Chanyeol calling him, as Kyungsoo rushed inside to investigate.

 

AISH!!! Chanyeol groaned inwardly, unbuckling his own seatbelt and running after him as Kyungsoo left the front door wide open at his wake. “JAGIYA!!!”

 

Granted that he married a free-spirited omega, he didn’t think Kyungsoo would actually jump into a potentially dangerous situation by himself.

 

Suddenly, he heard the smaller one scream.

 

“Kyungja!” Chanyeol yelled, running up the darkened stairs to the second floor.

 

And then, something shattered.

 

Chanyeol flipped the light switch on, as his eyes grew wide.

 

Kyungsoo’s hands flew to his agape mouth at the sight.

 

“Sukbu!” Chanyeol scrambled to Jongdae’s side, sitting him up. His uncle had collapsed on the floor amidst the pieces of the rare Ming vase that Kyungsoo smashed on his uncle’s head.

 

 

“Joseong-hamnida! Joseong-hamnida, samcheon!” Kyungsoo groveled, kneeling and rubbing the sore spot on Jongdae’s head that he had hit. “I thought…” He cringed, meeting Chanyeol’s embarrassed gaze. “I thought you were a thief!”

 

Jongdae was still a little dizzy, but he was otherwise fine. “Thank God I have a hard skull.” He tried to laugh, although it almost made him vomit. “Good hit there, Kyungsoo-yah.”

 

Kyungsoo’s cheeks turned into an absurd shade of red. “I’ll get you some ice, samcheon.” And the smaller one hurried downstairs to the kitchen to do just that.

 

Chanyeol immediately went in front of Jongdae and grew worried about his uncle’s disoriented stare. He steadied him with one arm and made a peace sign with his free hand. “How many fingers am I holding up?”

 

Jongdae snorted, socking his nephew up the head. “I can still count, pabo! (fool) Didn’t you get my message? I told you that the finishing touch you ordered only came today, that’s why I’m here!”

 

“Joseong-hamnida.” Chanyeol lamely scratched his head, flinching. “I’ll take you to a doctor just to be sure.” From the sound of the breaking ceramic alone, he wouldn’t be surprised if his uncle had suffered a concussion.

 

After Kyungsoo had quickly prepared an ice pack, the smaller one offered to drive them to the nearest hospital. Chanyeol hoisted Jongdae up to his side and carefully carried him to his car.

 

And Chanyeol was right. Jongdae was advised to stay in the hospital to be observed overnight.

 

While Kyungsoo was settling the paperwork at the reception area, Chanyeol sighed and apologized to his uncle again.

 

Jongdae just smiled in jest.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter