Wedding Gift

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We really should get some sleep,” Kyungsoo told him, after they had returned home from the hospital.  “I’ll be meeting with Yixing-ssi and Luhan hyung before lunch time tomorrow.”
 

Chanyeol nodded, only his omega’s words weren’t registering.  He locked the front door absentmindedly and was about to go up the stairs when he felt Kyungsoo’s eyes on him.
 

“W-What?” he stammered, turning about face. 
 

“Is something wrong?” The smaller one asked, a discerning look grazing his eyes. 
 

“Aniya,” Chanyeol soothed, walking back to him and giving him a kiss on the head.  He shoved his right hand inside his coat’s pocket, where he had stashed the folded eviction letter from KRIS Enterprises.  “I’ll just check my emails and…”
 

Kyungsoo shook his head in insistence.  “No, you’re tired.  Those emails can wait in the morning.”

His heart churned, the urgency of the matter closing in on him.  He hadn’t anticipated that the court order Sehun had tried to prevent would be lifted so quickly. 
 

Perhaps he could let his family stay with him while he sorted out this dispute, and fast.  He was sure Kyungsoo wouldn’t mind if he brought them home as early as tomorrow. 
 

With his omega tugging on his right arm to lead him to their bedroom, his left hand inadvertently reached for his cellphone, and dialed 2 on his speed dial.
 

“Yeobosaeyo?  Hyung, are you back?”
 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened as he heard Sehun’s voice over the line.  He glared at his alpha and snatched his phone from his hands, answering for him, “De, hyung, and we’re still jetlagged so whatever business you need to take care of, I would appreciate it if you two get some sleep first.  It’s 3 a.m., for crying out loud!”
 

Chanyeol was just staring at Kyungsoo with his mouth open. 
 

“A-Araseo, Kyungja…” Sehun answered sheepishly, not expecting to be scolded by the cousin of his fiance.  “You should reprimand hyung, though.  He called me, not the other way around.”  He chuckled, couldn’t help adding, “I guess he must really miss me a lot.”
 

“Goodnight, hyung,” Kyungsoo said in finality, disconnecting the call while narrowing his eyes at his alpha. 
 

Chanyeol guiltily returned his phone to his pocket as Kyungsoo ushered him into their bedroom. 
 

“Go, get ready for bed,” The smaller one ordered firmly.  He looked at the cracked pieces of the prized ceramic that he had hit his alpha’s uncle with, wary.  “I’ll clean this up.”
 

Chanyeol had to take a stand.  “Ani, I’ll do it.”
 

Kyungsoo hurried to the broom closet to get a sweeper and a dustpan, while Chanyeol knelt on the floor and started picking up the bigger pieces with his bare hands, when Kyungsoo noticed the guest room adjacent to it was wide open.
 

The lights were all switched on, too.
 

He dropped the broom on the floor and entered, utterly bewildered.  “Nampyeon?”
 

“Hmm?” Chanyeol called out, rising to his feet and dusting his hands off.  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter