At The Church

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan was excitedly browsing through the wedding magazine where Kyungsoo and Chanyeol’s pre-nuptial photos taken at Jeju two months ago had been featured.  “Oooh, it’s so nice of the magazine to give copies of this to the guests as souvenirs!”
 

Kyungsoo laughed, his nervousness getting the best of him.  Today was his church wedding to Chanyeol, which was coincidentally their 100th day as well.  He had spent the night at his parents’ house, feeling a bit strange having to sleep in his old room again and not having Chanyeol by his side, but they both decided it would be best.
 

“While I’ve always believed we’re a couple who breaks the rules, we probably should go with tradition this time,” the taller one had murmured, just before he drove off to his childhood home.  
 

“You still think seeing me before our wedding day would jinx our marriage?” Kyungsoo had asked incredulously.  “We’ve gone through so much these past three months that there’s absolutely nothing we can’t survive!”
 

Chanyeol had chuckled and rubbed the smaller one’s arms in comfort.  “I know, but I’ll be having the alphas over to spend the night as we’ve agreed on, and you would have the omegas over at your parents’.”  He pressed his lips on Kyungsoo’s hair.  “It’ll give me a chance to miss you.”
 

Kyungsoo had to smile a little.  “Araseo.  Just shut up and give me a kiss.”
 

His alpha had gladly obliged, tilting his head to sweep him in an all-encompassing kiss that would impress upon Kyungsoo all through the night. 
 

And now, it was time.  Luhan grinned as he helped Kyungsoo stand up as the omega to be wed was clad in his elegant emerald green hanbok, and Minseok and Yixing applauded in delight as one of the wedding photographers captured the candid moment.
 

Meanwhile, Chanyeol, in his regal, royal blue, emperor-style traditional clothing, and his groomsmen, who were in hanbok as well, had just arrived at the church.  It was unfortunate that their vehicle was unable to park near the secret door at the back reserved for those attending the wedding. The major players in local and even international media had sent their news crew and cameramen early at the entrance, along with a multitude of paparazzi, to provide a livestream, blow-by-blow account of the Seoul wedding of the year.
 

Chanyeol had alighted finally, and the onslaught of the camera flashes almost became too much to bear.  While they were protected by the security team Chanyeol’s company had hired, Jongdae, Sehun and Jongin nonetheless still helped him rush inside.
 

The handsome alphas breathed sighs of relief and dusted themselves off.  There were already several guests situated on the pews and had turned around to see what the commotion was all about.  Jongin and Sehun began greeting them.  Chanyeol approached whom he recognized to be Kyungsoo’s professors and classmates who flew in from France and shook their hands amiably. 
 

Before long, it was time to wait by the altar. 
 

Chanyeol cleared his throat and fussed with his hanbok, while keeping his eye at the front of the church so he would not miss the moment Kyungsoo entered.
 

“Feeling nervous, hyung?” Sehun whispered.
 

Chanyeol frowned, recognizing the amusement in his best man’s voice.  “You’ll be in my shoes before the year ends, so let’s see how funny you deem being in my position.”
 

Sehun patted Chanyeol’s shoulder good-naturedly while Jongin elbowed Sehun on the side, suppressing his laughter.
 

Just then, the majestic mahogany doors opened.  His elf-like ears didn’t even catch the cheers and shouts coming from fans and journalists outside. 
 

His eyes searched to discern his omega in panic because all he could see was this ball of blinding light—magnified even more by camera flashes and bright bulbs going off in every which direction. 
 

The heavy doors then closed and his beautiful omega, in a breathtaking and vibrant green hanbok, tied with red silk at the waist, linking arms with his mother to his right, and his father

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter