Unfolding

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I am appointing you as the new president of KRIS Enterprises.”
 

How long had he dreamed of hearing those words?
 

How long had he imagined walking through those doors and taking over the biggest industrial empire in South Korea and staring into Yifan’s eyes while doing it?
 

Thirteen godforsaken years.
 

Kyungsoo had just offered it to him.  
 

Easily.  
 

Freely.
 

And he said… no.
 

Chanyeol jumped out of his skin when he heard a knock on his windowpane.
 

He glanced up and saw Sehun looking at him worriedly. 
 

Chanyeol rolled down the window of his Audi and nodded at his friend.
 

Sehun leaned in.  “Going out to lunch already?  Well, I’m glad I caught you.”
 

“I’m actually going to the hospital to get ready for a six p.m. surgery,” Chanyeol admitted.  “They advised me not to eat anything from this point on.”
 

Sehun’s jaw dropped, but came to his senses immediately.  The doctors had mentioned that Chanyeol would be summoned at any time for Yifan’s kidney transplant.  “Perhaps I should drive you.”
 

Chanyeol began to shake his head when Sehun opened the driver’s door and motioned for him to scoot over, flinging his leather briefcase on the backseat.  To avoid arguing, Chanyeol slid over to the passenger’s side. 
 

Sehun started the ignition and pulled off the parking space.  “Hyung…” he sighed, gearing up on the incline as they exited the parking lot.  “I know there’s a lot going on and I just got word that Kyungsoo has just been appointed President of KRIS Enterprises.”
 

“I know.  He called me just now to tell me the news.”
 

“One of the more urgent matters he needs to look into is the Gwanak District acquisition.  He must not approve or…”
 

“He just did.”
 

Sehun turned sharply to Chanyeol as he stepped on the brakes at a red light.  “What?!  KRIS Enterprises will completely demolish that area!  His art school!”
 

Chanyeol kept his gaze on the road determinedly.  “I’m sure Kyungja is aware, Sehun-ah,” he answered very calmly, which didn’t assure Sehun in the least bit.  “I have absolute faith in my omega.”
 

“But that land is yours!”
 

This time, Chanyeol met Sehun’s eyes, just as the car behind them gave off an impatient honk. 
 

Sehun reluctantly proceeded with driving.  “Would you get my briefcase?  There’s something you have to see.”
 

When Chanyeol opened the briefcase, Sehun continued, “Last night, we followed the lead of the contract we found where your father was one of the signees.”
 

Chanyeol slowly took out some more contracts and other documents that solidified proof that his father, Yunho, was indeed one of the owners of the Gwanak District.    
 

“The land is technically your family’s and Kyungsoo’s, which was sold to you by Zitao.  By right, neither of you should be forking over your own money to buy it. Yifan, being more of the businessman than your father, had some dealings with the likes of Zitao that didn’t go well and now the debt had ballooned to billions. Your father and Yifan borrowed the amount from the International Monetary Fund, but they weren’t able to follow through either.  The government had no choice but to take their most appraised asset as collateral for the debt.”
 

Chany

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter