Dawning

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol blinked several times and realized that he and his omega had fallen asleep, spooning each other.  Kyungsoo’s hands were curved on his own, which were resting on the smaller one’s flat stomach. 
 

How strange it was to have an omega in his bed, in his home.
 

And how... comforting.
 

Kyungsoo was fast asleep, judging by his calm and steady breathing.  Suddenly, Chanyeol felt him shift and snuggled even closer, pulling Chanyeol’s arms tighter around him as if to make him cover him like a blanket. 
 

Kyungsoo’s backside bumped into Chanyeol’s lower torso, dangerously close to his most sensitive body part.
 

Chanyeol groaned inwardly.  For a virile, hot-blooded alpha with his beautiful and young omega in his embrace, the amount of restraint he was exerting should be commended by the whole country.
 

He couldn’t help pressing his lips on the top of the smaller one’s head, though, nuzzling his nose on his omega’s short black hair.  Dear heaven on earth, Kyungsoo smelled really sweet, like a fresh field of sunflowers on a rolling hill. 
 

It was still dawn, perhaps about five, and he had just woken up.
 

How in the world could Kyungsoo not feel the heat coming from Chanyeol, even in his sleep?
 

Chanyeol agonizingly, and very, very carefully pulled away from his omega, inch by every microscopic inch, just so he wouldn’t disturb his slumber. 
 

Kyungsoo’s striped sweater was about a size larger, hiding his petite frame quite well, but the soft sensuality the smaller one exuded made Chanyeol want to crawl back into the warm bed with his omega and never leave.
 

Chanyeol sighed.  It had been way too long since he had been in a relationship, and he was merely missing the physical intimacy that came along with it. 
 

A cold, cold shower should be able to remedy the yearning.
 

He got up, albeit reluctantly, and did just that.
 

He disrobed and stepped under the icy spray, flinching initially, and then his body simply adapted to the temperature drop soon after.  He remembered composing himself enough last night to bid his mother-in-law goodnight, while promising to meet again soon to plan the wedding, and Kyungsoo bonding with his dongseang, Minseok, almost immediately. 
 

Everyone had looked at them oddly though, when Chanyeol delivered Kyungsoo’s luggage to one of the guestrooms on the first floor.
 

“Chanyeol hyung!” Minseok had scolded.  “You’re not seriously letting your omega sleep in another bed!  He should sleep with you!” Then Minseok had laughed apologetically at Kyungsoo.  “Mianhaeyo, Kyungsoo hyung, my brother is such a prankster!” 
 

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo had laughed as well, although theirs had come off rather nervously. 
 

“Perhaps we should be going too,” Baekhyun had said, but the gaze he had given his son meant that their conversation was far from over.
 

“You newlyweds look tired,” Jongdae had piped in, putting an arm around Baekhyun hyung in comfort.  “We will visit again soon.”
 

“Sukbu, the balloon flower...” Chanyeol had begun. (Maternal uncle)
 

Jongdae had shaken his head, winking.  “Seems like you need it more than I do.”  He’d smiled and gripped his nephew’s hand. “Congratulations, you’re now married.  Maybe it’s time you give your omma here some grandchildren, huh?”
 

Kyungsoo had coughed profusely, that Chanyeol ended up tapping his omega repeatedly on the back.
 

Minseok had giggled.  “Do I have a little nephew on the way?”
 

Chanyeol had glared at his dongseang as if to say, “Not funny.”
 

He got out of the shower now, still contemplating, as he went over to the sink to brush his teeth.  The shower had steamed up the mirror and he wiped it with his palm to see his reflection.
 

He didn’t look too proud of himself. 
 

He stared at his wedding ring, the feel of it on his finger was something he was now used to.  Did he regret marrying Kyungsoo?
 

Aniyo.
 

He was stunned at how sure and fast his inner voice bestowed the answer to him.
 

“Please don't hurt Kyungsoo,” his mother’s imploration returned to him, churning his heart inside out. “Promise me.”
 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter