Fathomless

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Uh, jagiya?”
 

“Hmm…?” Kyungsoo murmured, glancing up from checking his phone, as Chanyeol drove him to the wedding planner’s office. 
 

“Would it be okay if…” Chanyeol swallowed, his eyes remaining on the road, “… my family stays with us for a while?”
 

“Of course!” Kyungsoo answered, looking at his alpha in worry.  “Why do you even need to ask?  Did something happen?  How is samcheon?”
 

“He’s fine, just fine.  I’m going to fetch him from the hospital tomorrow, actually,” Chanyeol replied, turning to his omega’s direction briefly for assurance, before concentrating on the road again.  It was easier to weave a story this way.  “Um, I’ve been wanting to renovate my childhood home and Jongin’s schedule and mine have finally coincided so maybe this is a good time to finally go ahead with that plan.”
 

He exhaled after saying all of that in one breath. 
 

“Araseo,” Kyungsoo said, squeezing Chanyeol’s hand on the gear in comfort.  “Would you need help packing?  I can go after my meeting with Yixing.”
 

“Aniya,” Chanyeol replied adamantly.  “It’s just a small house and we would have to sort out all of our belongings, which to take with them and which goes to the trash…”
 

“I want to help, jebal,” Kyungsoo implored, his voice filled with aegyo.  “Besides, I want to see the home you grew up in.  Please, please, pretty please, nampyeon.”
 

Chanyeol had to chuckle, shaking his head as he carefully stepped on the brakes when he encountered a stoplight.  He stared at his omega’s charcoal suit with jacket, white dress shirt, tailored pants and leather loafers...  “Well, with that outfit, I don’t think…”
 

Kyungsoo’s eyes twinkled.  “Gwaenchanah.  I’ll borrow slippers from Minseok.  I think we have the same shoe size, right?”
 

The taller one sighed, which only made Kyungsoo grin in triumph, just as Chanyeol turned to the corner of Yixing’s office. 
 

Kyungsoo unbuckled his seatbelt as he leaned in and pressed his lips on Chanyeol’s cheek.  “Gomawo, nampyeon.”  
 

Chanyeol grinned back.  “I’ll pick you up later.  Have fun.”  And he gave the smaller one a light peck on the lips.
 

Kyungsoo smiled and alighted his car, just as another car parked in front of them. 
 

It was Jongin, getting down from his red Lambourghini, and rushing over to the passenger side to open the door…
 

For Yixing.
 

Kyungsoo had to grin.  Were they already dating?
 

He tentatively looked away, as his wedding planner and his friend hugged and kissed each other goodbye.

 


 

Yixing stared at Jongin in a daze when they pulled back, and then his eyes widened when he saw that there was someone within proximity, bowing low.  “Kyungsoo-ssi!”
 

Jongin, not minding that his hands were resting on the small of Yixing’s back in broad daylight, just smiled widely.  “Kyungja!  You’re back!”  He looked at Chanyeol’s surprised expression inside the Audi.  “Hyung!”
 

Kyungsoo laughed at Yixing’s inflamed cheeks and walked over to link arms with the taller omega.  “We just flew in last night.  We haven’t even unpacked yet.”  Then he looked at Jongin.  “Oh, Chanyeol-ah would be talking to you about renovating his childhood home.”
 

Jongin blinked repeatedly.  “Mwo?” (What?)   
 

Then he turned to Chanyeol, who was still inside his car and narrowing his eyes at him ever so subtly.
 

“Uh…” Jongin gulped.  He was going over to the art school right after, and was specifically instructed to focus on that project alone, but Chanyeol hyung had other intents now, it seemed… No doubt he would hear from his friend within the day.   “T-That’s right, hyung!”  He gave another full-toothed grin and threw Chanyeol a thumbs-up sign. 
 

“I’ll call you later, Jonginnie,” Chanyeol called out from the car.  Then he waved at the three of them as he pulled off the curb.
 

Jongin laughed nervously.  He didn’t know why he should be nervous, but he was.  “Your alpha is one busy drone, Kyungja.  I don’t imagine you got enough sleep.” He exhaled, smiling at the two beautiful omegas in front of him.  “Well, I best get to work, then.”  He reached for Yixing’s hand and placed a gentle kiss on it.  “Dinner?”
 

Kyungsoo bit his lip as Yixing giggled breathlessly and nodded. 
 

Jongin reluctantly drove off, while an adorably embarrassed Yixing opened up his office and let Kyungsoo in.  The lovely wedding planner updated him with the hanbok for the omega-in-honor that Luhan and his mother agreed on, which was only awaiting Kyungsoo’s approval. 
 

They didn’t have to wait long until Luhan arrived, who hugged his best friend tightly.  “I’ve missed you, Kyungja!” His doe eyes sparkled.  “You’re absolutely glowing!”
 

Then Luhan winked at the younger one.  “Was that honeymoon fruitful?”
 

Now it was Kyungsoo’s turn to blush. 
 

Yixing then served some cakes and tea as the wedding planner began the meeting with the two omegas about to be married. 
 

“Kyungsoo-ssi,” Yixing began, reading off his tablet for ideas that he had taken note of, “I have consulted with your mother and your mother-in-law and have consented on a date next week for the formal bow of the families.  I understand that your alpha’s father has already passed.”
 

Kyungsoo nodded solemnly. 
 

“And your mother said that your father would have returned from Turkey by then, so would the 29th of March be good for you?”
 

He nodded.  It was exactly seven days from now.  There shouldn’t be any problems.  Since Chanyeol’s mother, uncle and dongseang would be staying in their home, perhaps they could set the venue there.
 

Just then, Yixing’s phone rang. 
 

Luhan and Kyungsoo looked at each other and then at the wedding planner.
 

“Jongin?” Luhan teased.
 

“Aniyo,” Yixing laughed, biting his lower lip.  “It’s one of the restaurants for our food tasting schedule, which means one thing.”
 

“Free lunch!” the omegas all said in unison and burst out laughing.
 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter