Clearing The Air

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jagiya...”
 

It was either Kyungsoo was pretending not to hear him, or he had suddenly turned deaf.
 

Chanyeol stepped on the accelerator as they drove away from the hospital.  When he had to stop at the traffic light on a busy intersection, he glanced at his right in worry.  His omega was staring straight ahead, perfectly immobile.
 

People from outside the vehicle wouldn’t be able to tell if he was accompanied by a beautiful omega, or a mannequin.
 

“Jagiya…” he attempted once more.
 

Silence.
 

He reached for the smaller one’s arm.  He was rewarded with the subtlest movement, startled by his touch but Kyungsoo tried his hardest to hide it.  
 

Chanyeol sighed.  “Kyungja?”
 

It was the first time Kyungsoo had ever heard Chanyeol call him by nickname.
 

It felt… nice.
 

With his peripheral vision, Kyungsoo could see his alpha straining to meet his gaze.
 

Luckily, the light had switched to green, rendering Chanyeol no choice but to keep driving.
 

Kyungsoo diverted his attention to the window to his right side, unable to move past what just transpired in the doctor’s clinic, that embarrassing disclosure with Sehun hyung in the room…
 

Why, oh, why did his alpha have to find out that way?
 

Would Kyungsoo have told Chanyeol himself otherwise? 
 

If the occasion didn’t call for it, probably not. 
 

But then, they hadn’t talked about setting boundaries in their marriage yet.  While Kyungsoo had never been physically intimate with anyone before, he knew his young alpha would have needs.
 

Would he be ready, if Chanyeol were to ask for it?
 

And if not, would it be fine with Kyungsoo if Chanyeol looked for it elsewhere?
 

Probably not, either.
 

He flinched at how he had ambushed Chanyeol—albeit unintentionally—the first moment he saw the tall alpha.
 

Granted Chanyeol responded convincingly in kind… Kyungsoo recalled, frowning at the very vivid memory.  He even enjoyed it, that wily devil!
 

Aigoo! What to say or do around him now?     
 

Was Chanyeol thinking that Kyungsoo had been nothing but pretentious all this time?  Or worse—did he view the smaller one now as a tease, and a ?
 

“Are you never going to look me in the eye again?”
 

Kyungsoo’s ears caught his alpha’s pitiful tone, almost to the point of pleading.  Kyungsoo wanted to tell him that it wasn’t his fault at all but couldn’t.
 

He decided to show a little mercy, turning his head slightly to the taller one’s direction… but not quite.  “Where are we going?”
 

A tsunami of relief came over Chanyeol so suddenly that he had to suppress the smile that almost spontaneously uncurled his lips.  Finally, Kyungsoo was talking to him.  Good sign.  “Wherever you want.”
 

“I thought you were headed to work.”
 

Chanyeol kept his eyes on the road, although the overpowering urge to face his lovely and innocent omega was causing him to grip the wheel just a little too hard…
 

It was understandable that his omega was feeling painfully self-conscious.  He needed to assure Kyungsoo that his being pure was not a big deal.
 

But it was a very big deal.
 

Knowing that Kyungsoo had remained unsullied to this day made Chanyeol inexplicably and ridiculously happy.
 

“Maybe we should make ourselves scarce for now.”  Chanyeol wanted to play off with a cool facade, but inside, he was barricading these floodgates of feelings from drowning him.  “From the airport alone, it seems that the media already had dug up the possible places we could be found.  I can always catch up with emails from my phone.”  He cleared his throat, hoping the string of words he just blurted out made sense.  “Would you like to go home?”
 

“Aniyo.”  
 

Chanyeol turned his head to see that Kyungsoo was already looking at him.
 

And… was that a small, encouraging smile?
 

For him?
 

“There is somewhere I want to take you, if you have time today,” Kyungsoo told him, couldn’t help lowering his eyes once more.
 

Somewhere… they could be alone?
 

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow in curiosity.  He had all the time in the world now, until this craziness calmed down at least.  “Araseo.”  
 

And when Kyungsoo looked at him again, Chanyeol was smiling back. 
 

Pinkness tainted his cheeks as Kyungsoo laughed softly.  He still didn’t know what was going through his alpha’s mind.  All he could grasp was that the thick air between them had thankfully cleared a little and they could begin moving on from that humiliating hospital episode.  He reached for Chanyeol’s Audi’s GPS tentatively.  “Uh, may I?”
 

Chanyeol nodded, continuing to drive.  “Are we nearby?”
 

“Almost,” Kyungsoo answered, typing the street address on the contraption.
 

The GPS indicated they were about ten minutes away. 
 

Chanyeol followed the instructions diligently and they arrived at a gated compound where he could see an unfinished building beyond it, with a land area of about 2,000 square meters by his intuitive approximation.
 

The art school.
 

Kyungsoo pressed the button to let down his window, greeting the caretaker good morning.  The caretaker happily welcomed him and nodded in greeting at Kyungsoo’s alpha, congratulating them on their marriage.
 

Kyungsoo laughed in modesty while Chanyeol politely nodded back.  The caretaker pushed the gate open and Chanyeol drove inside the path.
 

Alpha and omega entered the barren, fragmentary structure together, with Kyungsoo clasping his fingers with Chanyeol’s. 
 

 

The taller one lifted the overhead plastic covering loosely hanging from the archway of the threshold, whispering for his omega to be careful as Kyungsoo ducked his head to get even further inside. 
 

Kyungsoo then saw some white h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter