Family

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The silence was so thick, not even a chainsaw could cut through it.
 

 

Baekhyun kept his lips together, his lips upturned for a passable smile as he sat across his son, his new omega and his omega’s mother in the living room.  He had purposely switched off his brain in the meantime, because entertaining thoughts of various ways he would strangle his first-born for springing this up on them would be a waste of energy.
 

 

His son appeared uncharacteristically awkward, as if paralyzed into wordlessness.  His young omega was petite and quite lovely, although his big brown eyes were cast with anxiety and exhaustion.  The omega’s mother sat back with perfect posture, effortlessly indicating whom Kyungsoo inherited his natural beauty and finesse from.
 

 

Baekhyun, on the other hand, was a quiet, unassuming omega, the kind who only uttered words when spoken to.  However, Chanyeol knew that treacherous look on his mother’s face, something that he avoided at all cost.  It was very rare when it surfaced, even rarer when it was directed at him, but when it did—watch out.
 

 

His uncle, Jongdae, was staring at him in a more emphatic manner.  At least, Chanyeol could tell one member of his family was on his side.
 

 

“Uh, Omma,” Chanyeol began, swallowing, “this is Kyungsoo-ssi, my mate.”
 

 

“Annyeong-haseayo, eomeonim,” Kyungsoo greeted nervously, his voice just above a whisper.  He nodded to his mother-in-law in greeting, who rigidly greeted him back.  He turned to Chanyeol’s uncle. “Annyeong-haseayo, samcheon.”

 

Jongdae nodded at Kyungsoo as well and then smiled at both his nephew and the new addition to their family.  “Congratulations on your wedding.”
 

 

“Speaking of which,” Junmyeon piped in, his regal chin jutting forward, “I am here to talk to you about having a real wedding in Seoul, in a church, with an entourage, a grand reception, the works!”
 

 

Baekhyun looked surprised at first.
 

 

Junmyeon blinked.  “Were you told by your son that he had gotten married beforehand?”
 

 

“Why, no...” Baekhyun glared at his son for a second and then turned back to the omega’s mother.
 

 

“My sentiments, exactly!” Junmyeon exclaimed, energized to be winning the mother of the alpha over.  “Don’t they deserve to celebrate their love in front of their family and friends?” 
 

 

Then Junmyeon seemed to have caught his exuberance, judging from the startled faces on Chanyeol’s mother and uncle, and composed himself. “Forgive my assertiveness, but as Kyungsoo is my only child, I would not have him be wed in such a brash and hurried manner.” 

 

He clutched his chest, looking at Kyungsoo and Chanyeol in aghast.  “Do you kids have any idea what they are saying in the press?  That eloping is a sign of rebellion, that you don’t have a good relationship with your families!”
 

 

“That’s not true,” Baekhyun replied in a surprisingly strong voice.  “I happen to be very close to my son.”
 

 

Then he looked at his first-born tenderly, although the hurt in Baekhyun’s eyes was a little more than Chanyeol could handle. 
 

 

“We were going to tell you,” Chanyeol insisted suddenly, which stunned Kyungsoo into staring at him.
 

 

He nodded at his omega briefly, as if to request to trust him, and turned to his mother-in-law.  “We were going to tell all of you, but since we were both in Las Vegas... add a few shots of alcohol...”
 

 

Jongdae looked horrified.  “Not the balloon flower!”
 

 

Kyungsoo smiled sheepishly at him.  “Mianhaeyo, samcheon. It is my fault.  I opened it first and then...”
 

 

Chanyeol almost laughed.  “There’s still half of it, I promise.”

 

Both mothers didn’t look too amused.
 

 

Kyungsoo laced his fingers with his alpha’s.  “It was a spur-of-the-moment decision, on which we both consented.” He looked at Chanyeol, whose expression was a mix of seriousness and resolution.  
 

 

Then Chanyeol said, “I do plan on marrying Kyungsoo in a church.”
 

 

Baekhyun’s mouth dropped open.
 

 

Thankfully, his dongseang, Minseok, appeared just then with a pitcher of blended iced tea. He smiled at their guests and handed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter