39: Mischievous Glints

My Love That Is Forever

"Lie with me please", She pleaded.

The boy's expression's softened and he got up from his chair, gently removing his hand from her grasp before moving into bed with her.

It was so comforting, having his arms around and she fell back to sleep immediately.

Taeyeon woke up with a start from a very bizarre dream. She shook her head as she remembered Baekhyun and last night and then looked towards the bed-side clock, her eyes widening seeing the time. She had probably slept through the alarm. Getting up and taking a quick shower, she went downstairs to find it bustling with activity.

"Good Morning", Baekhyun (had she really expected he would leave when she threw him out?), sitting at the head of the table in the dining room, drinking yougurt, sang-song to her as soon as she came into view, a mischievous glint in his eyes. Sehun, who had been talking idly to him, turned to her too. "Good morning noona! How was your night?"

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "Great". Baekhyun winked at her, and she seethed, trying to ignore the tingle of nervousness that ran through her. He wouldn't have told anyone that they slept together right?

Yeri and Yixing came out of the connected kitchen, one carrying a pot of soybean soup veggies and the other, steamed eggs. Sehun and Baekhyun immediately dug in, without even asking, and Yeri shot Sehun a dirty look. He was supposed to be working with her to make breakfast, but the brat had instead put Yixing up to it, who got swayed by his antics way too easily.

Soojung descended down the stairs at that time, looking scruffy like she had walked straight out of bed. "What's the delicious smell?"

Taeyeon frowned. "You're not at the hospital?"

Yeri made a face at her sister. "You should at least wash your face before coming down to eat"

Soojung looked at her warily before slumping down on the nearest chair. "I came back last night", she answered Taeyeon.

"When? Who's with Seungwan then?"

"When – it was around the time when you and Baekhyun were having one of those big married-couple-style rows, and Kyungsoo sunbae is with Seungwan"

Taeyeon groaned inwardly hearing her friend had had to hear her fighting with Baekhyun, and that reminded her that she should probably cross-check with her about what had happened.

"Krys? Can you come and talk to me for a second?", Taeyeon went towards the adjacent lounge.

Soojung made a face, before getting up, stretching lazily and walking towards Taeyeon. "What?"

"What happened last night exactly? I can't recall a thing!", She asked in a hushed voice looking back to see if anyone had their ears on them. The two interested ones, Baekhyun and Sehun, immediately looked away, pretending to be interested in their breakfast.

Soojung went on to tell her in bits and pieces about how she had found her and then brought her home with Baekhyun.

"So, it was you who changed my clothes right?"

"Yeah, why? Would you have preferred it if someone else had?", Soojung smirked, still not fully awake, earning a smack from Taeyeon.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that but thanks", Taeyeon gave her a small smile, guilty about her behavior. "So, I didn't do anything strange right?"

That woke Soojung up. "You did actually! I discovered your drinking habit!"

Taeyeon's face blanched. It did not sound good. "What is it?"

"You like to kiss things! Everything really, that comes your way", She gave a fake shudder.

"What?!"

"Nice", Sehun remarked.

The rest of them sitting at the table chuckled, except Baekhyun who was starting to feel very hot around the collar.

"Yeah! You even kissed Bae - " The words halted at the tip of Soojung's tongue as Baekhyun held up his arms in a large 'X' sign, mouthing fervently for her to not say anything. The rest of them at the table looked at him in confusion but didn't say anything.

" – me. You even kissed me. Like eww!", She changed her statement just in time.

"Oh God!", Taeyeon groaned. "I'm so sorry!", Embarrassed didn't begin to define what she was feeling right then.

"Well at least we now know about your true ual orientation", Yixing remarked non-chalantly from behind them. Taeyeon turned to him. "You're biual", He stated calmly. Sehun and Yeri choked on their soup, while Baekhyun and Soojung laughed out loud. "I actually always had this hunch about you and Miyoung – “

 "Shut Up", Taeyeon scowled at him.

Mrs. Son came out of her room at that time, looking harried as she talked on the phone.

"Yeah, I already told you I can't come until this evening, Seungwan's in the hospital- Yes I'm –  know that – stall them for a few more hours- it can wait! I-yeah, tell them that- not until this evening. Yeah okay, I'll get back to you soon", She took a deep breath as she got off the phone.

Taeyeon sighed, walking towards her. "Aunty, go" The poor woman had probably been working all-night from the house too, from what she could tell. "There are enough of us to take care of Seungwan, but no one can replace you at the office. I'm going to stay with her anyway until later"

Mrs. Son shook her head as she went into the kitchen, Yixing and Taeyeon following behind. "I have already been way too neglectful Taeyeon, I want to stay with her until she's perfectly fine"

"But will you able to take care of her like this? When there is so much else on your mind?", Yixing spoke up. Mrs. Son opened to say something but Taeyeon beat her to it.

"Seungwan would hate it if she found out that you had to forego doing important things, just so you could sit with her there", She stated calmly and Mrs. Son resolve faltered.

"Yeah, she's almost fine anyway. She'll be home by the time you return at night", Yixing said.

Mrs. Son pursed her lips but it was clear they had managed to convince her. "Fine"

_

Seungwan woke up to the feeling of Kyungsoo's lips against her's and she smiled, eyes still closed. Blinking them open, she looked around to find the hospital room comparatively more lit from the sunlight outside, seeping through the binds.

And that's when last night's happening with Kyungsoo flashed through her mind.

Oh God!

Her heart almost jumped into soon as she remembered how she –  or rather another version of her –  had droned on to him to kiss her. And he had. What have I done? It wasn't that she didn't want him to kiss her, but it was most certainly not supposed to happen like this, not with her making such blatant erted requests. She didn't even want to think what he must be thinking of her.

She slightly turned her head backwards, only to immediately turn the other side, upon finding him sleeping on the sole couch in the room behind her. How was she going to face him once he woke up? She closed her eyes, hoping to remain asleep until the earth opened and swallowed her.

Kyungsoo woke up smiling, and stretched to find Seungwan still sleeping, her back turned towards him. He got up and checked, and finding her eyes closed he turned back to go to the restroom.

Hearing the door close, Seungwan quickly turned and much to her distress, Kyungsoo came right back out of the washroom at that moment and their eyes met.

"Hi", He greeted first. "How are you feeling?"

"F-fine", Seungwan looked away quickly, her face flaring up.

"Do you need anything?"

"No"

Kyungsoo furrowed his brows in confusion, wondering why she wasn't looking at him. "Should I call the nurse?" He walked towards her.

She got up in bed, inching away from the side he was close to. "N-No, I'm fine"

The nurse came in at that time, and Seungwan breathed in relief thinking she would get some space from Kyungsoo now. Not so easy though, because he remained standing there, answering any questions that Seungwan couldn't and once the nurse had checked the vitals and gone, an awkward silence descended on them.

Kyungsoo cleared his throat. "Do you want to use the restroom first – “

"Yes!", Seungwan got down the other side of bed quickly and wore the plastic slippers before and fishing off the toothbrush and paste from the bag Yixing had left her last night, she ran towards the washroom. She thanked the heavens that the nurse had removed the IV from the cannula on her hand, or that would have been another problem carrying it around. She groaned soon as she had locked the door behind her.

Kyungsoo wondered again what was going on with her, and then it dawned on him. The kiss! Of course, she had remembered. He sighed remorsefully, slumping down on the couch. Was she angry with him for kissing her like that when she clearly wasn't in the right frame of mind? She had to be. He should've resisted more.

Deciding he wasn't going to let this awkwardness build any further, he waited for her outside the restroom.

She took her sweet time too, only coming out fifteen minutes later and jumping at the sight of him. "You scared me!" She put a hand to her chest and then straightened, starting towards the door. Kyungsoo blocked her way.

"Seung? Look at me?", he asked, arms folded on the chest.

"Hmm?", She mumbled, not looking up. Kyungsoo sighed and took a step towards her. She instinctively stepped back.

"What's wrong, Seung?", Kyungsoo wanted to reach out and lift her face from the chin upwards, but she clearly wasn't going to like that. So, he just asked what he had to. "Is this about the kiss?"

Seungwan's heart leaped in her chest, but she still didn't look up, only nodded weakly.

Kyungsoo mentally cursed himself. "Look, I'm sorry, okay? I know I shouldn't have....."

"No, don't", She said slowly shaking her head, not liking how he was acting guilty. "It's all my fault"

Kyungsoo's expression got solemn. "No, it isn't. If anyone should be feeling regretful, it should be me", Was he feeling regretful about it though? He wasn't sure.

Seungwan felt a pang of disappointment somewhere inside. Even though it was her fault and everything, the kiss itself had been everything she had hoped their first would be. And hearing that he regretted it, wasn't very warming. "But I don't regret it", She mumbled instinctively, her face still down.

Kyungsoo thought his ears were playing tricks on him. "Really?", A smile broke out on his face in relief. "I-I don't either"

Before either of them could dwell on it further though, the door to the room opened to reveal their friends.

_

 

"So what room is it?", Baekhyun asked, looking way too chirpy for Taeyeon's taste as they walked down the ward's hallway.

Taeyeon had decided to leave soon as Soojung had forcefully fed her some breakfast and Mrs. Son had left, and had asked Yixing to join her. Baekhyun had declared at that time that he was going to visit Seungwan too, and Yixing had lamely excused himself from going, on the basis that Junmyeon had called and asked him to meet-up for something important. Sehun and Yeri, who had initially been very enthusiastic to come along, also deflated saying they had to get some schoolwork done before they left for their trip few days later.

"Do you even have a license?", She'd asked disdainfully, hoping it would get to him, as they'd gotten out the entrance door of the house, Baekhyun swinging his car keys in his hands as an unspoken decision that he was going to drive.

"Of course, I got it on first attempt", he flashed her a proud smile, and her heart did a little leap which she ignored by clenching her teeth. She'd expected him to retort bitterly.

And that's how she had ended up in Baekhyun's car, with him being all smiles and normal and her trying not to think about how attractive he looked driving with just one hand on the wheel, the muscles showing from underneath his pulled-up sleeves making her feel a little hot around the collar. His other hand was resting way to close to hers for comfort, and naturally the drive was spent in an awkward silence.

Baekhyun was feeling much lighter than he had in the past week, because this time when his heart raced seeing her in the morning he didn't try to fight it. He embraced the feelings that came, and he had to say it was such a relief. Happy at the prospect of just being with her, he had jauntily driven to the hospital.

"It's no. 29, I guess", Taeyeon looked up from the text she had received from Sehun, telling her the room specifics.

Baekhyun wasted no time in opening the door once they reached it, a tad bit too loudly. "Hello dearies!", He exclaimed happily at the sight of Kyungsoo and Seungwan but then halted seeing as looked like they were in the middle of something. "Sorry? Are we interrupting something?" He asked mischievously and Kyungsoo and Taeyeon rolled their eyes. Seungwan just looked away and started towards the bed.

Taeyeon walked past him, brushing his shoulder rudely on the way, towards Seungwan. "How are you?"

"I'm fine", Seungwan gave her a convincing smile, and then remembered what Yixing had told her about Taeyeon drinking. She knew her cousin never drank, so something big must have happened for her to do so. She had been too busy drowning in her physical pains to notice anything wrong about Taeyeon. "What happened though?"

Taeyeon sighed. "I'm sorry, I know it was so careless and selfish of me to get wasted like that when I should've been here with you – “

"No, Tae, what happened?", Seungwan took her hand lightly and made Taeyeon sit on the bed in front of her. Behind them the door to the restroom closed, Kyungsoo having gone in after talking a little with Baekhyun.

"Nothing for you to worry about now. How are you feeling? No bad surgical after effects I hope?", Taeyeon was in no mood to discuss her own problems when she was supposed to be looking after her cousin's health. She had been negligent enough already.

"It's fine, just a little....uncomfortable", Seungwan gestured to her abdomen where the stitches were supposed to be. She kept having the urge to scratch there but even touching the area was painful, so she refrained from it.

"So, have you passed air yet?", Baekhyun asked Seungwan, walking up to them.

"What?", Taeyeon turned to give him a wary look.

"I've seen it in dramas, you need to pass air after appendectomy or they don't discharge you", He explained and then smiled mischievously at Seungwan. "So, have you?"

Seungwan turned red, and Taeyeon shot daggers at him for asking such a silly question.

"What? I'm just curious about her health!", Baekhyun said in his defense but Taeyeon kept glaring at him judgingly. "Fine I'll just ask Kyungsoo, he must know!", Baekhyun shrugged haughtily and Seungwan's face flared even more, at the prospect of Kyungsoo answering such questions about her.

"N-no! Don't ask him!", She stopped him hurriedly, clearly flustered and then mumbled slowly, bending her head. "I did"

Baekhyun smiled triumphantly and patted her head. "Good girl"

Kyungsoo came out at that time and Baekhyun walked towards him. "So, Seungwan was just telling me about what you people did during the night!"

Kyungsoo's eyes widened in horror and he looked towards Seungwan who just shook her head in denial, horrified at the accusation herself.

Baekhyun smiled mischievously again. "Naughty kids you two. What did you do?"

It was Kyungsoo's turn to glare at him. "Actually, there's something Seungwan and I did talk about last night. Yixing hyung gave us the good news that you and Taeyeon sunbae were dating. Why didn't you tell us?", He smiled sweetly at Baekhyun whose grin disappeared immediately.

"What?", Taeyeon shot up in astonishment, and Kyungsoo's amusement only increased, much to Baekhyun's irritation.

"Yeah, Yixing oppa did say that", Seungwan agreed bleakly.

"No, we aren't!", Taeyeon denied, and then turned towards Baekhyun, her eyes narrowed in allegation. "Did you have something to do with this?"

Baekhyun looked scandalized. "Nothing, I swear!"

"I don't think it had anything to do with you two", Seungwan claimed reverting Taeyeon's attention. "I think Yixing oppa just couldn't find a better excuse to help Soojung explain to mom why she left Baekhyun shii to look after you"

Taeyeon scowled thinking about Yixing's excessive jokes, that he seemed to be pulling much too much nowadays. But then again, it was all her fault to begin with. If she hadn't been so careless to get drunk like that, none of it would have happened.

"I'm going to go out to the nearby store, is there anything you two need?", Kyungsoo asked.

Seungwan and Taeyeon both shook their heads, and then on second thought, Seungwan spoke up. "Why don't you go rest now? You've been here since yesterday?"

"Oh no, I'm fine. I rested well last night. Be back in minute", He turned to go but stopped when Taeyeon spoke.

"You really should go, D.O., I'm here now", She stressed. "Baekhyun, why don't you take him?"

"Yeah, let's go Kyungiee", Baekhyun wrapped an arm around Kyungsoo's neck before the latter could protest.

"But I don't - "

"Give her some space will you?", Baekhyun whispered. "You've been breathing down her neck since yesterday"

Kyungsoo thought about it for a moment and realized that his friend was right. Especially considering how awkward she had been in the morning, she must like some personal space away from him. He himself was in need of a good shower at home and so reluctantly, he decided to heed to his friend's advice.

"Bye, Seung", He turned to give her a wan smile. "Take care, I'll see you in the evening"

"Bye"

_

"So how did everything go last night?", Baekhyun asked as they walked towards the exit.

"Good", Kyungsoo smiled, looking into the distance and Baekhyun raised a brow. "That good huh?"

"Shut up. What about you? Taeyeon sunbae wasn't too much trouble?"

Baekhyun's ears turned a little pink, something that didn't go unnoticed by Kyungsoo. "Nah, not really. She just slept"

"And you?"

"I slept too"

"That was fast", Kyungsoo said dryly as the automatic doors opened with a ping and they walked outside.

Baekhyun gave him a wary look. "Shut up"

Kyungsoo chuckled and but it was cut short by his phone ringing.

"Hello?"

"Is this Mr. Do Kyungsoo?", A male voice spoke on the other end.

"Yes"

"I'm Mr. Kim Minjun’s secretary"

Kyungsoo's ears perked up at the name. The guy, who he hadn't had the opportunity of meeting when he had gone with Mrs. Do to get the loan problem sorted, his name was very much still fresh in Kyungsoo's mind. The caller continued. "He wants to see you this Saturday, if possible, to talk about some....developments regarding the loan. Will you be able to visit?"

Kyungsoo frowned. What new development? "Sure, what time?"

The man on the other end responded with the specifics. "Oh and Mr. Do, Mr. Kim would appreciate if it was just you who came. He's already talked with Mrs. Do earlier and sorted it. See you on Saturday"

"Okay", Kyungsoo responded warily before the call ended. Why hadn't his mother told him anything?

"Maybe it slipped her mind. It's been hectic for the past few days", Baekhyun offered, when Kyungsoo explained the whole thing to him.

He would find out whatever it was anyway.

_

                                       Lay_sheep created the group "Trip Chingus"

Lay_sheep: Hello everyone! What a lovely day it is!

Suhorang: This is not a radio show Xing.

Lay_sheep: Why are you so grumpy?

Real-PCY: Irene shii is not going, that's why

Lay_sheep: Oh, that's sad. I'll try and get her to come Jun, don't worry.

Suhorang: When will you people stop trolling?

Taeyeon_ss: Why am I here?

Lay_sheep: Ok, so the reason I created this group was to discuss with you all the details of our trip to Yanggu County.

ChenChen: We are going to THE DMZ?

Real-PCY: Yeah, why Yanggu hyung?

Lay_sheep: Because that's where Baekhyun's grandmother's house is.

Baeklight: Ahhhhhhh, hyung stop! That joke is way too old!

Lay_sheep: But you promised me you would take me....

Suhorang: Ok, let's get back to the point

Baeklight: How is simply going to a DMZ adventurous? Take us North instead!

ChenChen: Yeah, let's go across that line!

Suhorang: You people are banned from going!

ChenChen: Whyyyyyyyyy??

Suhorang: We don't want special agencies tailing us because of miscreants like you! You could be jailed for expressing such sentiments!

Real-PCY: Don't listen to him, he's PMSing

Lay_sheep: What's PMSing?

Taeyeon_ss: I'm leaving!

Krys_jazz: Me too!

Kai_zzzz: No stop!

Krys_jazz: Who added you?

Kai_zzzz: I'm going too!

Krys_jazz: Why? Don't you have your own school's trip to go to?

KimKaaaaaa: Umm, I like this one more. I've never been to the DMZ.

Xiu-BaoZi: Yixing? Are you asleep again?

Lay_sheep: So yeah, where were we? Right, talking about the trip. So we will leave on Friday sharp at 08:00 am and come back on Monday. What's the head count, Jun?

Suhorang: 150 approx from the University

Real-PCY: Woww!

ChenChen: I can't believe you two managed to fool so many people into actually going!

Lay_sheep: Told you Adventure Club was the best.

Xiu-BaoZi: *snorts*

Baeklight: Adventure my !

Kyungsoo123: I can't go.

Lay_sheep: Why not?

Real-PCY: Be considerate, hyung! Seungwan shii just got discharged from hospital. How can he leave her?

Baeklight: Yeah. 'In sickness and in health' remember?

ChenChen: When did they exchange vows?

Real-PCY: When their eyes met for first time.....

Baeklight: They vowed in their hearts....

Xiu-BaoZi: Sweet!

Kai_zzzz: Stop it people! I can feel the steam coming out of Kyungsoo hyung's room!

ChenChen: Good for you! Saves the conditioning bills!

Kyungsoo123: @Lay_sheep, Hyung I have some office-related things to catch up with. Mom has a workshop in Busan so I need to stay back.

Baeklight: Sehun told me that his mother is going too and he and Yeri and are going on their High School's trip, so that means...

ChenChen: You and I, alone in the dark....

Real-PCY: Things could happen!

Jongin_stal: I think he just called the intelligence department!

Xiu-BaoZi: LOL what?

Jongin_stal: Yeah he's telling them about some people wanting to 'go across the line' on a college trip to DMZ!

ChenChen: No! Somebody stop him!

Kyungsoo123: Enjoy the trip.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: How did you all like the update? More good stuff coming! They going on a trip woooohoooooo

Thankyou for reading and subscribing.