16: Until We Collide (Again)

My Love That Is Forever

"Looking for someone?", Chanyeol teased Baekhyun as he sat down at the table in the café, holding their fruit drinks.

"Huh? No...who would I look for?", Baekhyun diverted his gaze from the entrance of the café, mentally slapping himself. He didn't know why but despite him trying not to think about Taeyeon, his gaze unconsciously kept going towards the entrance, in the hope that she might enter any minute.

"If its Taeyeon sunbae, she's not going to be here today, she has no classes on Friday", Jongdae informed Baekhyun as he sipped his drink.

"Why in the world would I be looking for her?", Baekhyun scoffed. "And Chanyeol, when are you introducing me to that pretty friend of yours?"

"Who?"

"Don't you remember me asking you when we met? Like a month ago?", Baekhyun asked. "If you don't have anyone, we can just go clubbing tomorrow", Baekhyun offered non-chalantly. That will get my mind off that Taewitch! Why didn't I think of it before?

……………………………………………………………………………..

"You've been unusually quiet today?", Junmyeon asked Kyungsoo on the side, who was sitting there but looked like his mind was miles away.

"Me? No. When do I ever talk much?", Kyungsoo tried to reason. He was actually nervous about how he was going to ask Seungwan about lunch. She might take it the wrong way....

"Oh he's probably still thinking about Wendy shii", Jongdae remarked to Junmyeon. "Didn't you know he made up with her yesterday? Now they are probably gonna go all smoochy. Right D.O.?", Jongdae with a wink. Kyungsoo just glared at him.

"That's great Kyungsoo yah. I'm really happy for you", Minseok added on to Jongdae's teasing, patting on Kyungsoo's shoulder.

"Hyung seriously?", The younger brushed Minseok's hand off his shoulder and Jongdae and Minseok high-fived, laughing.

"Oh look she's coming", Chanyeol announced seeing Seungwan entering the café. Baekhyun spun his head around, only to feel disappointed, not seeing Taeyeon there. Kyungsoo got more jittery, and got up. Seungwan reached their table and greeted them all with a bow, giving Baekhyun a cursory glance.

"Shall we go?", She asked Kyungsoo, who looked at his watch. It was almost time for them to report to Mrs. Park. “Yeah, let’s go”

"Bye!", they all said rhythmically. And Jongdae shouted "Have fun!"  out to Kyungsoo as they walked away, who turned around to give him an angry glare and they all chuckled in amusement.

….....................................

"Well I have to say that was.....impressive", Kyungsoo praised Soojung as they came out of Mrs. Park's office. She had only barely made it on time, as their group number was announced but had at once taken charge. She presented her idea so confidently and convincingly that even Seungwan and Kyungsoo felt convinced, though they'd had their reservations before.

"Oh well, thanks", Soojung replied in smiling confidence.

"Thanks Soojung", Seungwan smiled at her too.

"I would like to ask you one thing though, what was that about me and Seungwan shii reading romantic poetry together?", Kyungsoo asked. Soojung had mentioned in between that poetry was a greatly inspiring medium of communication, especially when it came to romance and looked towards Kyungsoo and Seungwan telling Mrs. Park, that they would be reading an excerpt from a famous romantic poem during the presentation. Mrs. Park had looked pleased with the idea and Kyungsoo and Seungwan, although flustered at the sudden notion, had no choice but to play along.

"Oh I'll explain it to you guys once I’m done thinking over it", she replied in thought.

"So I guess we should leave now", Seungwan said looking towards Soojung. "Bye", she smiled politely at Kyungsoo.

"Wait!", Kyungsoo called out, making them stop. "Do you mind if I talk to you for a minute Seungwan shii?"

Soojung looked at Seungwan who was a little surprised. "Yeah sure, I'll leave you two alone then", She chimed, and gave Seungwan a wink as she left, which made the latter blush.

Seungwan turned to Kyungsoo and asked in a thoughtful tone. "What is it, sunbae?"

"Well...", Kyungsoo started, "I wanted to ask you if......" He rubbed the back of his neck, feeling like a high scholar asking his crush out on a date.

"I wanted to ask you if-if you'd like to go out to lunch with me this Sunday?", He finally asked, and saw Seungwan’s eyes widen.

"It's-it's not a date", Kyungsoo added quickly, seeing her reaction. "It's just an apology lunch, for the way I behaved....last time", His hands were getting sweaty so he tied them behind his back.

"Oh"

Kyungsoo thought she looked almost disappointed but she immediately gave him a warm smile making him forget what he was thinking.

"Well, y-you don't have to do that, you didn't do anything wrong really", She shrugged.

"No, but I….I really want to", Kyungsoo looked at her intently. "And of course, we could always discuss about the presentation there too", he tried to make it sound more convincing.

Seungwan just looked at him for a moment, before answering. "Well Okay, sure", she replied with a lopsided smile. Kyungsoo felt distracted again, wanting to reach out and touch her face. He mentally slapped himself for it. She'll definitely not look at you again if you try that!

"Well I'll pick you up at 1:00 on Sunday if that's Okay? You can text me the address", He asked.

"I could come myself too, since it-its just a professional kind of lunch. If you tell me where to come?"

"No, I think it's better if I pick you", He looked at her and she held his gaze for a moment. I'll do it properly this time, Kyungsoo thought. “It’s more…..convienient”

"Well, if you insist. okay", She agreed and he nodded. They stood there awkwardly for a few seconds.

"I'll get going then, see you"

"See you", He smiled at her as she left. And then breathed in relief.

_

"It's not a date", Seungwan stated in the strongest tone she could manage, to the two women staring at her, their arms crossed on their chests.

"Really? You're a bad liar", Soojung stated plainly, her eyes still narrowed.

Seungwan was incredulous. "I swear! He said he wanted to buy me lunch as an apology, why won't you guys believe me?",

"We believe that that's what he said Seungwan, we just don’t believe that’s what he meant", Taeyeon stated, shrugging.

"Fine", Seungwan closed her eyes in exasperation. "Think what you guys want to!", She went back to scribbling on her notepad.

"Aren't you excited though?", Soojung asked in a jittery voice. "To have been asked out by the crush of your life, finally?"

"For the last time, he didn't ask me out", Seungwan stated. "And yes I am excited but only because everything seems to be fine between us. We might even become friends after this", Seungwan said thoughtfully. Yes, I want to be his friend. Being friend-zoned is the best way to get over anyone, she mused.

Soojung rolled her eyes. "Yeah okay friends or whatever, have you thought about what you're going to wear?"

"No, I'll think about it later", Seungwan said plainly, not looking up from her notepad.

"Wear where?", Mrs. Son asked as she entered the room.

"Oh omonim didn't you know?", Soojung asked in a teasing tone, ignoring the 'I'll-kill-you-if-you-tell-Mom' look that Seungwan was giving her. "Seungwan's going on a date this Sunday"

"Really? That's great news!", Seungwan's mother's eyes widened in amazement and she sighed, disappointed at her friend, "With the same boy I set you up with?"

"Yes", Taeyeon replied this time with a smile.

"No Mom, it's not what you thi-", Seungwan turned around to explain but was cut off.

"That's amazing news! I am so happy for you dear!", her mother gave Seungwan a hug in delight.

Seungwan took a deep breath. She knew it was no use explaining to them, they weren't going to believe her no matter what she said.

_

 

"Can't you guys cut it out?", Baekhyun was now annoyed with the noise his friends were making. Jongdae and Chanyeol had raided Baekhyun's now fully set apartment which was nothing unusual for a weekend but Junmyeon and Minseok had also tagged along this time somehow, and were watching television and discussing politics (like they were going to change the world) and with the furious PUBG match going on between Jongdae and Chanyeol simultaneously, it was getting a bit too much. Other times, Baekhyun would join in on making more noise with them, but today he was only getting distracted as he tried to fill his application for Media Society.

"Will you guys stop it?!", Baekhyun almost screamed this time, trying to get their attention. Club related activities were one of the only things that even mildly interested him in college, and he was trying to be a little more sensible and serious about it and his friends weren’t making it easy.

"What is up with you today?", Chanyeol asked, still pressing his console, his eyes not leaving the screen.

"I am trying to work here! I need to prepare a good application if I am to make a good impress-", he stopped at the sound of the doorbell ringing. "And who is it now?!", He got up grumpily to answer the door. Jongin and Kyungsoo greeted him.

"How are you, hyung?", Jongin hugged him.

"Great! This is a surprise though....", Baekhyun remarked as he let them in. "How come you guys found your way to my house?". Kyungsoo and Jongin hadn’t visited his apartment since he’d move.

"D.O. hyung here needs some dating advice from you people, and I decided to come along...", Jongin said non-chalantly.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. "It's not a date". Baekhyun smirked, his mood bettering at the prospect of giving Kyungsoo the advice he needed.

"Attention guys! D.O. here needs our help in dating!", Baekhyun announced playfully, as they entered the living room, earning a smack on the back of his head from Kyungsoo. The others immediately left what they were doing and diverted their attention to Kyungsoo.

"It's not what you guys think", Kyungsoo said, waving in denial with his hand. None of them looked like they believed him.

"Finally dude! You asked Wendy out?", Junmyeon got up and patted Kyungsoo's back blithely.

"I didn't ask her out exactly. It's just a......any way It's not a date!", Kyungsoo restated in serious tone and then glared at Baekhyun and Jongin, who got seated next to each other on the sofa, smiling like the evil minions they were.

"Really? What is it then?", Jongdae asked, the teasing not masked in his tone.

"It's just....I want to buy Seungwan shii lunch since I didn't last time. It's just a professional thing....we plan on discussing our presentation over it", Kyungsoo told them.

"Yeah, keep telling yourself that!", Chanyeol sneered. "Kai-yah define a date, will you?"

"A meeting between a man and woman which usually involves eating together – “, Jongin stated as if he had it memorized. "If everything goes smoothly, it can progress to more physical actions like kissing or even better – “

"Shut up!", Kyungsoo snapped. Baekhyun could tell the guy was trying hard to keep his peace. They all laughed anyway. Kyungsoo took a deep breath before continuing. "So the problem is, I tried to reserve a table for Sunday but all the good places I know are already booked" He said with a disappointed look. "And I was hoping one of you could....maybe help me?"

"You've come to the right place!", Baekhyun remarked cockily. "I'll get you a table at a great place, but you have to do something for me in return"

"Of course", Kyungsoo sighed. "What do you want?"

"Help me with this application and teach me how to make a good impression in front of the Interview committee", Baekhyun demanded.

"Done. We have a deal then?", They sealed it with a high-five. "But do you even know any good places around here Baekhyun, you only just came back to Korea?"

"Trust me dude. I have connections", Baekhyun picked up his mobile to start surfing.

"D.O. yah! Fill my application too!", Chanyeol requested getting up from his place, as Jongin took his place to play the game with Jongdae.

"And what would I get in return?", Kyungsoo asked in flat tone, not looking up from the papers he had taken from Baekhyun and was reading.

"I'll help arrange your wedding with Wendy shii when the time comes!", Chanyeol said in all seriousness. Kyungsoo just scowled at him and shook his head. "Bad Joke, Chanyeol"

"Yeah, I think you have been hanging out with Junmyeon hyung too much lately", Jongdae remarked at Chanyeol, mischievously.

"What is that supposed to mean?!", Junmyeon was offended at the indirect derogatory remark, and threw the pillow he was holding at Jongdae, who just chuckled in response.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So I kept it light this time, hope you guys liked it. Are you excited for WenSoo's date - I mean meeting? :D Stay tuned for the good stuff that's coming! Do comment, I love it so much when someone comments.

P.S I don't know if anyone of you reading this is observing Ramadan, but Ramadan greetings to you all! Eat healthy and try to hydrate as much as you can. Take care :)