37: Lips And Laughter

My Love That Is Forever

"I should have paid more attention. I should have taken her to the hospital sooner", Mrs. Son shook her head, on the brink of tears as Mrs. Do tried to console her.

They were in the emergency lobby of the nearest hospital, having brought Seungwan after she collapsed. And Mrs. Son was busy beating herself about being a bad mother.

"Everything's going to be fine! It's probably nothing to worry about. I remember when I had been this sick to my stomach, after I conceived Jongin. It had been such a pain in the neck, but nothing too worrisome", Mrs. Do comforted her friend, trying to distract her with something and anything.

Mrs. Son looked at her, her eyes widening as she tried to connect the dots. It had been a few days of repeated bouts of vomiting and dizziness, according to Taeyeon and Soojung.

 Almost as if by telepathy, Mrs. Do's eyes widened too as she realized what her friend might be thinking.

"Oh My God", They gasped. "Could it be?" They both turned their heads to look at Kyungsoo, who was leaning against the wall with Jongin on one side and Chanyeol on the other, tapping his foot impatiently on the floor.

I should have just taken her to the hospital that day! His senses had spiked up seeing her turn from pink to blue and then faint in front of him. His worry had been replaced by guilt as soon as the medical staff had taken her into the emergency room for check-up, and he had been blaming himself ever since. He had seen a medical TV series in which they had thought the guy had a stomach bug but it had turned out to a cancerous tumor and they had been too late by the time they discovered and then.....no, he wasn't going to think such things. She's going to be fine.

Because he was so busy criticizing himself, he didn't notice when the two women walked up to him. Mrs. Do cleared loudly, making the three of them look up.

"Kyungsoo", She started, swallowing hard. "How's everything with Seungwan going?"

"Fine.....", Kyungsoo was confused at the sudden inquiry.

Both the women exchanged a look, that was bordering on worried. Mrs. Do turned to him again.

"You can tell us anything, you know. We are liberal-minded, modern parents and this is the 21st century...."

"Is it now? Congratulations!", Jongin said in a bored tone, earning a glare from his mother who then continued.

"What I'm saying is, that you need to tell us everything so we can make the necessary preparations....before the word gets out, you know?"

"Word of what?", Kyungsoo was not liking his mother's tone.

Both the woman turned pink at his question, trying to find the right words to answer. Mrs. Son particularly looked, Kyungsoo noticed with apprehension, close to tears as she spoke up this time.

"Look, when two people are young and in love, it's natural to feel.....the need to express it through physical means..."

What?!

"And things can escalate sometimes....", Both of them nodded at each other in understanding, making Chanyeol and Jongin burst into laughter.

"What are you talking about, Mom?" Kyungsoo turned red to the tips of his ears, feeling scandalized at what his and Seungwan's mother had decided to discuss with him at such a time.

Mrs. Do gave him an impatient look. "Can't you understand? We want you to tell us the cause behind Seungwan's illness, so that we can arrange for you two to.....to get married as soon as possible before the damage gets out of control!"

"Although I do think it's very early on in the pregnancy so we still have like a month or so....", Mrs. Son added.

"What?!"

Oh how Kyungsoo wished, the earth would crack open and just swallow him whole.

Chanyeol was on now rolling on the floor and Jongin wasn't much different as he turned in circles to prevent himself from falling in the fit he was having, a couple of feet behind them.

He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. "Mom. Please. Stop"

"Why are you so stubborn? How are we supposed to prepare ourselves without knowing the physical dynamics of your relationship..... we are not having fun having this conversation either!", Mrs. Do was positively tearing up now. So much about being a modern, liberal minded parent.

Mortified didn't even begin to define how Kyungsoo felt in that moment. "Mom, listen to me. Seungwan and I have n – “ He was cut-off.

"Oh My God! I knew it!", Mrs. Son exclaimed, tears starting to flow down her cheeks.

"Okay, it's no big deal we can handle this....", Mrs. Do had already started planning in her mind.

Kyungsoo's patience had run-out.

"Stop it please! Seungwan is not pregnant! We haven't done anything!" Kyungsoo exclaimed loudly, and the people passing by stopped to give them disapproving looks. He bowed to them apologetically, trying to ignore the new fit of laughter Chanyeol and Jongin had dissolved into.

Both the women were positively stunned at his confession. Like it was something totally unexpected.

"R-really?", Mrs. Son looked at him like he had just saved the world or something.

"A-are you sure?", Mrs. Do croaked out, relief evident on her face.

Thankfully, the nurse came out of the ER at that time carrying some papers. "Miss Son Seugwan has acute appendicitis. Please sign here so that we can proceed with the surgery"

They all sighed as the nurse went away, apart from Kyungsoo, who wasn't too happy hearing the word surgery. They moved towards where the operation theatres were located, both Mrs. Son and Mrs. Do falling into casual chatter as if they hadn't just nearly given Kyungsoo a heart-attack.

"To think that you...and Wendy.....", Chanyeol said in between bouts of laughter, as he wiped the tears from his cheeks.

"Jongdae and Baekhyun hyung are going to have a field day with this once they find out!", Jongin claimed, now laughing in a more dignified way.

"Shut up", Kyungsoo snapped before picking up pace, leaving his brother and friend behind. Like he wasn't embarrassed enough already.

_

Baekhyun played with the black coat on his arm that he had taken off a while ago, as he stood awkwardly outside Taeyeon's bedroom. He could hear no sounds, no giggles or groans that were there a few minutes ago, and he wondered if Taeyeon had gone to sleep.

Once Kyungsoo and the rest had left to take Seungwan to the hospital, it had occurred to Baekhyun not-so-subtly that he hadn't seen Taeyeon since they’d exchanged awkward greetings, and they had all started searching. She had been discovered by Soojung, hiding behind an indoor plantation in the lobby of the restaurant, wasted on a bottle of champagne. Champagne. Seriously. Was it even possible to get wasted on it? And then brought her home.

Yes, apparently, because although she had been half-asleep when he had carried her upstairs to her room, Taeyeon had become very alert as soon as she reached familiar surroundings and instead of getting knocked out as he put her to bed she had started stripping. Like literally taking her clothes off, and to say that he had been flabbergasted was an understatement. He had quickly left the room for Soojung to get her into comfortable clothes.

The door finally opened, revealing a very disheveled looking Soojung. "God, she's a piece of work! I am going to go cook some soup for her, can you stay with her for a while? I'll try and be quick"

"Sure", Baekhyun replied.

"Oh and Baekhyun, no funny business", She warned and Baekhyun rolled his eyes. It wasn't like he could do anything even if he wanted, when Taeyeon was acting like a crazed beast.

He entered the room slowly, to find her sitting on the bed with her back to him, now changed into a hoodie and pajamas.

"Hey", Baekhyun approached her slowly and was surprised to find her staring into the distance, streaks of tears running down her cheeks.

"It's been three years you know, since I last had a proper conversation with him", She spoke up before he could ask what was wrong.

"Who?", He sat beside her prudently.

She sniffed and continued like she hadn't heard him. "And it's not like I care you know! I don't! I just....I just wish – “, A hiccup " - he would just go away, completely. Stop reminding me that he's still there and happy......without me"

Baekhyun's heart clenched at how dejected she looked. He could figure out she was talking about her father and that things were still as bad between them as when he had left. And the familiar feeling of regret took over him. He had left her all alone hadn't he? He remembered she had confessed to him that he was the only person she had ever discussed the problems she had with her father with. And he hoped with all his might that he hadn't somehow made it worse when he went away.

He leaned closer to her, draping his arm over her shoulders and giving her comforting rub. "It's okay, Tae. You'll forget eventually", He felt a sudden surge of anger at the man too. What kind of father was he? He had never met the man, he had no wish to either, but he did wish he could somehow make the guy realize what a big obnoxious douche he was for putting his daughter through this. All she had ever wanted from him was a little love and she would have been happy. How busy could someone be to not even be able to give that to his own child, who deserved so much more from him?

 "I just want... t-the pain to go away, is it t-too much to ask?" She put her head in her hands, now starting to fully cry. He wrapped his other arm around her too and pulled her into his chest. She didn't protest in the least, just cried her heart out, her tears soaking the side of his white shirt and he held her like that for the while, wishing desperately to somehow take her pain away.

Once she had cried enough, she separated from him wiping her face with her hands. She then looked at him, smiling giddily. "Thanks, you're a nice person"

Baekhyun smiled, feeling strangely happy and then pinched her nose because she looked absolutely adorable (and because he was never going to be able to do it when she was sober. And she was sober most of the time). "You're too" Who would have known he would ever hear that from the witch? Maybe I should record this or something.

He got up then. "So why did you drink so much?", Might as well get all the info out of her while she was drunk.

She got up to stand across him, her expression thoughtful. "I was thinking.....we never kissed, did we?"

That caught him off-guard. "We – why out of the blue?"

"Kiss me then!", She asked excitedly, her voice shrill.

"What? No!", He didn't even know why her drunk words were making him so nervous. Add to that the fact that she was looking so damn cute and.....kissable and his heart was ready to come flying out of his chest.

"Why? Do you not know how to kiss?", She pouted, taking a few steps towards him, and he instinctively backed towards the wall.

"I-I do....I just....why don't we talk while sitting, huh?", He was now pinned against the wall, steam coming out of his ears because of their proximity.

"I'll teach you don't worry!", She cheerily put both her arms around his neck and Baekhyun gulped, his resolve dissolving as he looked at her glossy lips.

She puckered her lips, and closing her eyes started leaning towards him. Baekhyun's heart was thudding so loudly he could swear it could be heard outside the room. And as she leaned closer, he found himself feeling like he was in a trance, rooted to the spot.

He closed his eyes too and as her lips slightly brushed against his, his mind went blank. He found himself closing inward, to capture her lips fully, never wanting to let go as his arms found their way around her torso. In that moment it was just her and him, and electrifying feel of her lips against his and everything else just stood still.

"What the....?", Soojung's exclaimation broke him out of his reverie and he sprang back, only for his head to spring and collide back with Taeyeon's as she still hadn't let go of his neck. He rubbed his head groaning but Taeyeon didn't seem affected.

"Oh! Hi Krys!", She exclaimed happily and then let go of his neck, skipping towards the girl standing there open-mouthed as she settled the tray she had been carrying on the table, while he was left there feeling like he had just been hit by a train.

What the hell had he been thinking? Or rather not thinking? She’s the one drunk, idiot, not you! His mind reprimanded him and he bent his head in guilt. How was he supposed to explain this to Soojung when he couldn't even explain it to himself?

"Oomph-Taeyeon stop!", Soojung cries averted his attention, and he found himself witnessing a less then appropriate scene.

Taeyeon was clinging onto Soojung like a koala bear, attempting to lock lips with her too as the poor girl backed away desperately, barely managing to keep her balance and her dignity. "A little help please!"

Baekhyun shook his head breaking out of his thoughts and then rushed towards the two girls, thankfully managing to get Taeyeon off before he saw something that scarred him for life.

Soojung took deep breaths, straightening her clothes which had been pulled in weird places as Baekhyun half carried, half dragged Taeyeon towards the bed, and then dropped her before handing her the Jack Skellington plushie placed on the side of the bed. She took it greedily and then started to drop sloppy kisses all over it, resulting in Baekhyun yanking it away from her in horror.

"What is with her?", He asked, face scrunched up in disgust and shock.

Soojung laughed, moving towards the bed. "I think we are finally discovering her drunk habit. It's kissing everything that comes her way"

Baekhyun felt his spirits dampen. So that was why she had....God he had taken advantage of her hadn't he? She was going to kill him if she found out. For some reason still, he couldn't get himself to regret the kiss itself. "Why are you only discovering this habit now?"

"Cause she never drinks. I haven't seen her drunk once in the past five years I've known her", Soojung shrugged.

Baekhyun's heart sank. She must have been really worried to over-drink.

"Ok, get up let's eat", Soojung turned to Taeyeon who was now sprawled on the bed, pouting angrily at having the object of her kiss – interest taken away from her.

........................................................

"You sure you'll manage?", Soojung asked her voice barely above a whisper in the dimly lit room, not wanting to wake the girl sleeping a few feet away on the bed.

"Yeah, don't worry", Baekhyun gave her a re-assuring smile. There was no way in hell he was letting himself get carried away like that again. "You go take care of things at the hospital, I'll stay here until one of you returns"

"Thanks a lot. I'll go and send Sehun and the rest back ASAP", She patted his shoulder as she went out and Baekhyun turned towards Taeyeon.

She had started to get drowsy even as Soojung had fed her, and was completely out half-way through finishing the soup.

He started walking towards her side of the bed, wondering how his day had turned out to be like this. He was never going to forget the traumatic – a nice kind of traumatic, but traumatic anyway –  experience he had just had. But then again, he had no one but himself to blame for getting swayed by her antics, when she was under influence and not in control of her actions. And the fact that he thoroughly liked every second of it didn't do much to calm the frenzy of emotions going through his head as he sat down on the small sofa beside her bed.

He smiled watching her sleep, the light from the setting sun behind the curtains casting a faint glow on her features. She looked so beautiful sleeping peacefully like that and a strange warmth spread through him.

Isn't it just a crush? Just 'pent up' emotions? The voice mocked him and he sighed. No they aren't. If the way his heart had thudded when he had seen her smile or the pain he had felt seeing her sad today was any indication, this wasn't just a fancy.

I'm falling for her, he sighed. And he wasn't going to run away from his emotions this time. Once had been enough. He had no reason to either, this time.

Her features twitched into a frown, making him frown as well and he brushed away a tendril of ebony hair from her face. A single tear slid down the side of her face and he felt a profound sadness settling over him. The poor girl was crying even in her sleep.

He traced soothing circles on her cheek, hoping it would help and then jumped when she opened her eyes slowly, more tears sliding down.

"Lie with me please", She caught his hand as he was pulling it back, looking at him pleadingly.

He took in her downhearted features and requesting eyes, and his heart went out to her. The urge to comfort her was almost over-whelming, and he found himself walking towards the other side of single bed brushing all other thoughts away.

She turned towards him as he climbed over and lied down, not bothering to slide under the duvet that could only cover one person satisfactorily. He tucked it more securely around her, trying not to take up much space on the small bed and then draped an arm over it hugging her into his side. He put the other hand under the side of his face as he watched her squirm into his side a little more before finally falling back to sleep.

It was a strangely tranquilizing sight, watching her even breathing, surrounded by her shea butter scent and he felt his eyelids getting heavier by the second.

You're not here to sleep idiot, snap out of it! He widened his eyes, slapping his face a little to wake himself. But a few minutes later, he was dozing off again. I'll just close my eyes for a minute....just a min

He was in dreamland within seconds.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: This is one of those chapters that I've thoroughly enjoyed writing. Hope you guys liked it too! What do you think will happen when Taeyeon and Baekhyun wake up? O_o

Stay tuned for the next update!

Thankyou for reading and subscribing.