1: First Meeting

My Love That Is Forever

He met her during fall that year.

The leaves had withered away sooner than expected, and the air was thick with the promise of an early winter.

The last year of Do Kyungsoo's undergraduate degree in Business Management degree started in October. Falling into routine was easier, with the goal he’d set for himself some time back only a year away. Mom's troubles will lessen once I take over the business, he reminded himself.

That Friday was like many others he’d spent, with Chanyeol and Jongdae talking his ear off arguing about everything and nothing while he quietly scrolled through the business bulletins on his tab as they sat in the café. As they were about to leave the campus, Kyungsoo realized that he had forgotten his wallet in the lecture hall, so he asked them to go ahead. They were all going to meet in the evening for bowling anyway.

He headed back to the Business Management (BM) block, which was pretty much empty except for the guard at the entrance, as it had already been an hour or so since classes ended. Looking around the deserted lecture hall he had his last class in, he heard a voice. It was muffled and felt far away but it was of someone singing. He forgot about the task at hand and went out the hall room to check where it was coming from. A girl's voice, he realized, as he heard it more clearly.

He felt strangely drawn to it, like it was pulling him and started walking in its direction, down the stairs and onto the ground floor. Like he was under a spell. As he slowly approached its vicinity, he couldn't help but admire how soothingly beautiful it was.

He looked inside through the glass window into the Music Studio that was the sound’s source, and found a dark haired girl sitting at the large Steinway piano placed in the studio, singing "Stay With Me" while paying it. She had her back to him, so he could only see her hair tied up in a pony tail and the peace that clearly surrounded her. The sunrays entered through the opposite window in front of her, bathing her in a glow and Kyungsoo’s heart rate picked up at the sight. He stood there in awe, listening to her angelic voice, feeling like he was making a memory he would never forget.

Who is she?

She finished the song and took a relieved breath. Still in a trance, Kyungsoo opened the door to the Studio and went inside.

_

After the classes ended, Son Seungwan went to the cafeteria to get something to drink. It had been a particularly tedious Friday, with both Taeyeon and Soojung not at the University with her, and Seulgi having other commitments.

Itching to relieve the week’s stress, she headed back to the BM block once the crowd had subsided to do what she always did on Fridays. Singing alone in the Studio with no one and no noise to disturb her. She had discovered it during start of her second year at the university, and call it a coincidence, she’d often found it blissfully empty at this time on Fridays.

She sat down at the piano and started. As the melody filled the air, she closed her eyes feeling like she was in another realm, in another world, and everything was at peace.

She had just finished one of her favorite songs when she heard the door to the studio open. she got up in panic and turned around.

Seungwan's heart stopped when she saw who it was.

Do Kyungsoo. Of all the people who could be here at this time.

He stared at her expressionlessly, as she did the same, her heart hammering in her chest at the sight of the man she’d had a crush on for as long as she could remember.

………………………………………………………

Kyungsoo didn't know who to expect as the face to that enchanting voice, but he was certainly surprised to see Yixing’s cousin – what was her name? Sandy? – as the face behind it. He felt embarrassed for not paying enough attention to her, because he’d seen her around and yet he didn’t even know her name. Because strangely they’d never been properly introduced.  From what little he could remember of her, she mostly gave off the vibe of someone introverted and studious, and hardly the kind of person he had expected to possess such talent.

"I am not breaking and entering I promise, the guard at the entrance knows I come here every Friday, You can report me but-", The girl, visibly flustered, blurted out, breaking him out of his reverie.

"No I....", he cut her off mid-sentence., shaking his head in response. "I wasn't thinking about reporting you, I was just-" Mesmerized by your voice, was what he was about to say but decided against it. "I was just passing by here....and I heard you singing so I, uh, came in to see who it was, you are…?”, He explained, feeling more and more embarrassed by his lack of knowledge of the girl.

“Hmm?”, She squeaked with a raise of her brows and then probably registered what he’d asked. “Oh, Seungwan. Son Seungwan, or Wendy, as my friends call me”

"Do Kyungsoo. Last year in Business Management here, how about you?"

“3rd Year, same degree”

How come we’ve never met before? He wanted to ask next but didn’t, and kept looking at her. A weird feeling ran through him as he took in her feline features, like he’d seen her somewhere before. And he couldn’t tear his eyes away.

……………………………………….

“I-it’s nice to meet you” Finally, Seungwan added in her mind, feeling herself burn under his stare. That seemed to have broken him out of his trance, as he looked away, the tips of his ears turning pink and cleared his throat.

"It’s nice to meet you too", he smiled, his heart shaped lips curling up perfectly, causing butterflies in her stomach, and she found herself smiling back.

"I'll leave now, sorry for interrupting. Please continue what you were doing." Kyungsoo said politely as he started to leave.

"Oh I was about to leave myself actually, that's all for today", she said as she went to the piano and picked up her bag.  It’s too much for a day to be honest......

"Oh no please, don't leave on my account-", he started guiltily but she interrupted him.

"No, no honestly, I wasn't going to stay for long anyway" She gave him her best smile and started gathering her things.

"Well then let's walk out together" He held the door open for her, and she obliged, still reeling, wondering if this was real. That she’d actually, finally, properly met him.

………………………………………..

As they walked together in the hallway, Kyungsoo analyzed her. She was a few inches shorter than him, had a supple face with bright almond eyes. And he felt strangely attracted to her. Something he hadn't felt in a long time.

 She felt his gaze on herself and looked up, their gazes locking briefly, infinitely, and then they awkwardly looked away.

"So, have you ever thought about taking up singing seriously? Like as a profession?", Kyungsoo inquired as they walked.

"No.....I love singing, but not enough to take it up as a career", She replied. "How about you?"

"What about me?"

"Have you ever thought about singing seriously? Your performance at the Spring Fest last year was great", she spoke her mind.

"I’ve never really given it much thought to be honest", he said, shrugging. "It’s just a hobby”

 As they reached the end of the hallway near the entrance to the building, Kyungsoo suddenly remembered what he was there for in the first place.

 "Oh right! I forgot. I am sorry, I, uh, have to go look for something" He paused a little rubbing his forehead and then said "You go on.....I- I'll see you around", giving her that heart fluttering smile again.

"See you around" she responded with a smile and he noticed what he hadn’t before, the strangely appealing shade of red that her face was colored in. He smiled at the detail before running back. As he turned around the corner, he looked back to see her leaving through the entrance door. She looked in his direction at the same time and waved lightly at him. He waved back instinctively, and then thought how stupid he must look and pulled it back.

Son Seungwan, the name repeated itself in his mind the whole day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey there! Did you people like the first chapter? I wanted to keep it small, just to Kyungsoo and Seungwan's first meeting. The following chapters might be short or long depending on what feels appropriate to me.

Thanks for reading. Happy Halloween, I guess (Baekhyun used up all the tissues in the dorm LOL).

Do subscribe and comment. It will really encourage me. Stay blessed!