9: The Home In My Hindsight

My Love That Is Forever

"Kai!" Baekhyun replied as excitedly as he took Jongin in his embrace, looking away from Taeyeon. Taewitch. "How are you dude?"

"Fine. How are you?"

"I am fine too. It's been way too long!", Baekhyun commented as he moved out of his younger friend’s embrace.

"Kai shii to what do we owe the pleasure of your company?", Chanyeol who had been rolling his eyes at the side, asked sarcastically.

Jongin shrugged. “I just thought I’d come say hello, it’s been so long”, He didn’t even try to hide his smile.

“You’re so full of sh – “, Chanyeol started but was interrupted by Junmyeon.

"Does D.O. know you’re bunking school?”, Junmyeon couldn’t help himself from playing the concerned older brother, as he joined his friends.

“Oh please, hyung. This is a form of education. Visiting you people at this prestigious institution gives me the necessary inspiration to work hard”, Jongin replied, nodding his head like he was serious.

“And somehow that inspiration only strikes when Baekhyun’s there, huh?”, Minseok asked in fake enthusiasm.

 "That's not the case at all hyung! Though I would admit I do make a special effort to visit when Baekhyun hyung comes", he admitted raising his eyebrows at Baekhyun.

"Yeah, so you people can talk about girls all day!", Kyungsoo said as he approached.

"Oh you're just jealous hyung because you have no love life whatsoever!", Jongin snapped, high-fiving Baekhyun. Kyungsoo slapped the back of his brother’s head. "You better work on your manners or I won't let you visit anymore"

Before a full blown whining episode could precipitate, Baekhyun put an arm around an annoyed looking Jongin’s and walked away with him.

"Don't worry Kai-yah, I'll let you in", Baekhyun offered smugly, winking at him.

…………………………………………………………..

Kyungsoo sat down beside Chanyeol who was busy doing something on his cell, but looked up soon as he felt the former’s presence.

"Are you ill?", Chanyeol asked eyeing him.

"No, Why?"

"He's lovesick, is what I can tell", Jongdae , smirking. Kyungsoo only gave him a flat look.

And just then he saw Seungwan entering the building along with her friend, Soojung. God knew what got into him, but his heart started beating so fast at the sight of her and he got up and ran to hide behind a pillar. His friends were just confused at his behaviour, until they saw Seungwan coming their way.

 I can't let myself be distracted by her anymore! Kyungsoo told himself. But his heartbeat only quickened when she stopped in front of Chanyeol to greet him. When she was gone, he came out trying to look casual as if nothing had happened.

"What happened dude?", Jongdae asked, amusement dripping from his features.

"Why did you run away from Wendy shii? Have you stolen something from her?", Chanyeol tried to sound funny, but Kyungsoo only scowled at him in response.

"No actually I think she has stolen his heart!", Jongdae was having fun.

"No she hasn't!", Kyungsoo denied quickly, and then regretted it. Showing any kind of emotion was never a good policy with his friends.

"Really? Your red face tells otherwise" Chanyeol more.

"My red-what?", Kyungsoo’s hand went to his face self-consciously. Jongdae and Chanyeol laughed out loud, drawing full pleasure from Kyungsoo’s bleak circumstances. Kyungsoo sighed. Why do I even bother hanging out with these idiots!

"Yah! Kyungsoo yah! Where are you going? Let's go together!", Chanyeol called out to him as he and Jongdae ran after him.

_

 

"So hyung, tell me about New York?", Jongin asked Baekhyun as they started walking in no direction in particular.

"It was great, if you know what I mean", Baekhyun replied with a mischievous grin and Jongin laughed. "You haven't changed at all!”

They kept on walking, talking about random stuff until then they heard music, the sound coming from their left. They exchanged looks, and curiously walked towards it.

As they approached it slowly, the first thing Baekhyun saw through the glass walls of the Studio, was hair. Long brown hair. And then Taeyeon came into view, with her now toned torso. Baekhyun held his breath as he tried to digest the view in front of him. When did she get so –

"Hot", came Jongin's voice from the side. Baekhyun turned to look at him and saw that he was gaping at the girls dancing in front him too.

Byun Baekhyun had seen all types of girls in his life, in all types of clothes (even without them). Not that he was a ert or anything. Beautiful girls just tended to gather around him because of his nature. But it had been a long time since he had been so completely blown away by someone.

Maybe it was because she was a little on the heavier side in High School, always wearing baggy clothes and ill-fitting uniform, that he was finding the sudden difference with her wearing a crop top, so attractive. And then it was her dance. The lithe swaying movements, in perfect synchronization with the music and her partner, the scene looked like one out of a modern dance movie. He kept staring at her open-mouthed, taking in her every move and how absolutely gorgeous she looked when she brushed her highlighted hair away from her face.

Both he and Jongin kept on staring at them for God knew how many minutes. They were only shaken out of their reverie, when they heard Kyungsoo's voice calling them. Jongin suddenly became aware how ersely they were acting, and turned to Baekhyun who was still lost, staring at the vision in front of him.

"Baekhyun hyung! Baekhyun hyung!", He shook him.

"Huh?", Baekhyun started to snap out of his trance.

"Let's go! D.O. hyung's calling me", Jongin gestured to Kyungsoo who stood at the far end of the hallway, pointing to his watch.

"Y-yeah le-let's go", Baekhyun stammered, clearing his throat and started walking in Kyungsoo's direction with his younger friend.

_

What a day I've had, Baekhyun thought as he lay in his bed that night, staring up at the ceiling.

He had been regretting fighting with Taeyeon all day, thinking how childish he must have sounded and looked. He also kept having flashbacks of how her face had looked up close, when he fell on her, how her deep brown eyes had stared back at him.

And then he had seen her dancing. He just couldn't forget how absolutely captivating her every move was and had gone through the day completely zoned out. His friends had noticed that something was wrong, particularly Chanyeol who kept giving him suspicious looks. But he had just lied and said he was feeling a bit lethargic, after his skating-fling in the morning.

Get a grip Baekhyun! He scolded himself, groaning into the pillow. What would she do if she found out about you peeping at her like a ert! He went to sleep scolding himself for his actions that day, but a part of him felt a strange sense of relief.

Like he’d been running home for so long, and had finally laid eyes on it in the distance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the late update! I've been busy. Hope you'll like the songs I recommend in between.

Thankyou so much for reading and subscribing!

Leaving you with this gift: (My feels went ballistic)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwUUrNWxaH0