18: Game On

My Love That Is Forever

Kyungsoo entered the campus in a really good mood the next day, whistling his favorite tune.

"Somebody's date went good", Chanyeol remarked upon noticing him. Kyungsoo didn't bother replying as they walked on towards the Main Building. It was true he was happy and he didn't feel the need to hide it.

Baekhyun was already in the building along with Jongdae, both having submitted their applications. "Kyungsoo-yah, quickly tell me all about the questions the committee asks?", Baekhyun asked Kyungsoo as they approached.

"Well I only gave the interview for General Secretary last year, I am not sure what they ask Presidential candidates. Why don't you go and ask Yixing or Junmyeon hyung, they could guide you better?"

Baekhyun took out his cellphone to call. "I wonder where they are"

"There they are", Jongdae pointed as he spotted Yixing walking at the other end of the hall, along with Taeyeon and Junmyeon. Baekhyun jogged towards them upon discovering.

"I'll go and get some advice too!", Chanyeol ran after him.

_

Taeyeon had her interview for the society next day so she decided to get Yixing's advice for it, considering he was the one who had convinced her into applying in the first place and had been president of Media Society last year. They were standing inside the main building during their free time discussing, when Taeyeon heard his shrilly annoying voice.

"Hello, Yixing hyung!", Baekhyun greeted as he came running, Chanyeol and the rest following behind him. He then turned towards Taeyeon smiling. "Hi Taeyeon"

Taeyeon just sighed instead of answering.

"You two know each other?", Yixing asked and agitation rose in Taeyeon like bile.

"Yes! You didn't tell him Taeyeon-ah?", Baekhyun teased feigning innocence. Taeyeon scowled at him, pretending to not be concerned, but in reality she was freaking out. She now wished she’d cleared her part of the story with Yixing, the jerk could twist it however way he wanted if he could. But what could she say? She didn’t want to discuss her past with Baekhyun with anyone let alone Yixing.

"We’re high school friends", Baekhyun almost bragged about it, turning to Yixing. Taeyeon glowered at him, but he ignored it.

"Really?", Yixing raised his brows. "You never told me, Taeyeon?". Taeyeon took a deep breath and prayed for patience. How she wished she could claw that smirk off the imbecile’s face.

"Firstly, I didn't think it was that important. Secondly, we weren't friends", She glared at Baekhyun for effect.

"Really? What were we then?", Baekhyun teased, batting his eye lashes. Taeyeon turned her gaze away, barely restraining herself from lashing out. I’m a civil, proper lady, an adult! "Lay, why don't we go somewhere else to discuss this?"

"Actually hyung, I wanted to get some advice from you regarding the interview", Baekhyun interjected before Yixing could answer. "I’ve applied for President Media Society"

"Really?", Yixing seemed surprised. "Taeyeon has applied for President too"

What?! Baekhyun turned to Taeyeon, shocked. "Why didn't you tell me when I asked you?" He felt slightly upset, like she’d hid it from him.

"Why am I obliged to tell you anything?", Taeyeon snapped, shrugging.

Baekhyun was a bit taken back at her devil-may-care attitude. "Right", he said looking at her with a solemn expression. And here I was going all soft thinking about our past!

“You guys do seem to know each other quite well!”, Yixing remarked, and both Baekhyun and Taeyeon turned to him and exclaimed at once. “We don’t!” They then gave each other a look, before Taeyeon diverted her attention back to Yixing.

"I'll talk to you later, Lay", She said before starting to walk away.

"Well, I hope you don't cry when you lose", Baekhyun retorted cockily seeing her walk away, which made her stop. He didn't know why but he was vexed at her nonchalant attitude.

"Dude!", Junmyeon admonished Baekhyun in a low voice. Chanyeol also glared at him but he didn't care.

"What did you just say?", The girl seethed in a low tone.

"Exactly what you just heard"

Taeyeon laughed sarcastically. "Oh you won't even pass the interview stage, trust me"

"Keep wishing!", Baekhyun rolled his eyes and then continued haughtily. "I'll keep in mind to wave to you when I am delivering my winning speech!"

"Dream on!" Taeyeon remarked sarcastically, not even sparing him a glance as she started walking away.

Baekhyun gritted his teeth. Taewitch!

He turned back to Yixing, who already seemed deep in conversation with Junmyeon. Baekhyun sighed. He’d been a little thoughtless starting off about his and Taeyeon’s past like that, God knew he didn’t wish to open that Pandora’s box. He was thinking too much about that time already, more than could be considered healthy for his mental status.

_

 

"Didn't I tell you people I aced it?", Baekhyun turned to his friends haughtily as they stood looking at the list of short-listed candidates for the general voting.

“Suho shii?”, Chanyeol, who was recording on his mobile phone camera, turned to Junmyeon, imitating a reporter. “What made you and Lay shii apply for a society as useless as – I mean as under-rated as Adventure Club?”

“I know you all think it’s a dead society, but just you people wait. We’re going to resurrect it and bathe it in glory!”, Junmyeon declared spreading his arms in an overly enthusiastic gesture. Both Chanyeol and Jongdae, who was standing by his side, sarcastically nodded their heads, before turning to Kyungsoo. “How do you feel about being selected for the Dramatics Club, D.O. shii?”

“Fine”, Kyungsoo deadpanned.

“And how do you feel about the fact that your girlfriend got short-listed for Literary Society?”

Kyungsoo glared at Chanyeol, who pretended to not see his friend’s reaction. “Are you disappointed she’s not going to be a part of the Media Society or any of its sub-societies – “

Kyungsoo took a few threatening steps towards the taller male who cowered back, accidently colliding with Yixing and Taeyeon who were just arriving. He quickly straightened and turned to acting with them. “Taeyeon shii please share your feelings about the short-listing with us?”

“I’m extremely happy!”

Taeyeon cheerily answered the election related rubbish being asked by Chanyeol. She had her arm linked through Yixing’s, who waved to Baekhyun. Baekhyun smiled back, though she could see he was gritting his teeth behind it, and she felt a pang of satisfaction. She continued. “I want to wish best of luck to Baekhyun, I hope we have a fair and enjoyable competition”

She didn’t mean much of it. But one had to keep up appearances. God knew, she had been wondering every second sine the lists got displayed about how that Baekjerk had gotten selected in the first place, but then again, the guy was nothing if not a smooth-talker and had probably had no trouble trying to charm the interview committee too.

She felt a tug on her arm and looked to see Yixing giving her a confused look, and trying to politely free himself from their linked arms. She tightened her grip and smiled back at the camera. Chanyeol seemed to sense some discomfort too probably so he turned to Yixing quickly before it got more awkward and he lost his chance to make the epic video memory he was making. “Hyung how do you feel today?”

“I feel great! We all got selected for the posts we applied for so it’s great”, Yixing replied, smiling funnily.

"So I guess the game is on?", Baekhyun remarked, drawing up to the small group from behind. He’d been watching the whole thing from the sidelines for a while now and it was irking him how comfortable and cheery Taeyeon looked. Not to mention the fact that she had her arm looped through Yixing’s, and the sight was bothered him for some reason.

"Oh you bet it is", She turned and glowered at him. And they both held each other's stare for a minute.

Yixing cleared his throat loudly at them. None of the two broke the glare.

"Congratulations to both of you! I guess we'll be having a very healthy competition for Media Society this year huh?"

Both of them still refused to break the stare, until Baekhyun finally gave in. He wasn't used to her cutting glare and it gave him strange sensations looking into her deep brown orbs for too long. Like he would drown in them if he kept looking.

"Thanks hyung!" He replied gratefully before moving away, seeing Kyungsoo talking to Seungwan. That was a bit of a trouble too.

…………………………………………………………………….

It had been a few days since Kyungsoo's date with Seungwan, and he found himself thinking more and more about her. They hadn't really been able to hangout much due to their timetables and electoral frenzy, apart from when they once very briefly discussed their presentation.

Still, seeing her smiling face in the hallways, a simple bow here, a wave there, made Kyungsoo's day so much brighter. He even zoned out a few times, thinking about their interactions, garnering much teasing from his friends. But he justified it to himself as a passing phase, before he got over the fleeting feelings.

"Hello sun-bae", Seungwan smiled warmly on approaching him that day in the lobby where the lists were displayed. She had been having much happier days recently, thinking how Kyungsoo was now her friend. She wanted to cherish this time, because who knew how long it would last?

"Hello", He greeted back, feeling a warmth spreading through him again. They got shifted to a side, as the newly approached people began to search their names on the list.

“So I guess congratulations are in order, well done on making vice president literary society!”, Kyungsoo greeted her.

“Thankyou, you too. You’re that good at dramatics huh? You don’t look the type though”, She added smartly to lighten the butterflies that had erupted on hearing his warm greeting.

“Is that supposed to be a diss or a compliment?”, Kyungsoo pretended to be hurt.

“Oh I don’t know”, Seungwan looked away, shrugging in feigned nonchalance.

“Alright, Miss Smartypants. You’re going to be sorry when you see me acting though”

Seungwan laughed. They walked together a little further away from the display.

"Am I interrupting?",

They turned to see Baekhyun approaching them, smiling giddily. Seungwan’s expression turned solemn, and Kyungsoo didn’t seem to like his interruption a lot either but Baekhyun didn’t care to notice it.

"I wanted to talk to you about something important D.O.”, He said and then turned to Seungwan.  “Do you mind if I take my friend away for a while, Wendy shii?", Baekhyun asked, giving her his best puppy dog smile, that failed to have any effect on her.

"Not at all, I was just leaving myself", She replied with a polite expression. "I'll see you around"

………………………………………………………….

"See you", Kyungsoo waved at her as she went towards her other two friends, before turning to glower at his friend.

"I'm sorry for interupting D.O. yah but-", Baekhyun said apologetically. "You need to stay away from her up until elections are finished"

"What? Why?"

"Because she’s from the enemy camp, dude! Taeyeon is my rival in elections you know that!", Baekhyun whisper-yelled, looking around for ears.

"Oh, please", Kyungsoo rolled his eyes as he moved a little further to where the rest of their friends were.

"No seriously! We need to plan the campaign carefully, there’s no way I am losing to that Taewitch!"

"Calm down dude, you're not running for the country's president you know", Kyungsoo replied. "And it's not like I hangout a lot with Seungwan shii anyway"

"But you zone-out on her a lot", Jongdae chimed in. Kyungsoo ignored him.

"Let's get together at my house tonight to discuss for the campaign", Baekhyun announced, a little loudly which got the attention of a certain group of girls standing a little away from them.

"Lay hyung! Suho hyung! You two will be coming right?", Baekhyun called out to the older guys who were standing with the girls.

"Yeah....I guess so", Junmyeon looked uncertainly at Yixing after he replied.

"Yixing Oppa! You'll be coming to our house tonight right?", Taeyeon asked Yixing, before the latter had time to reply to Baekhyun, in the most annoyingly cute voice she could manage. He was her friend and brother first and there was no way in hell she was losing a vote as precious as his to that Baekjerk.

Yixing looked flabbergasted at the term she’d used to address him. " 'Oppa'?" Taeyeon pretended to not hear him, and simply smiled forcibly.

"What are you doing?", Yixing asked, utterly confused at Taeyeon's behavior.

"Nothing", Taeyeon shrugged.

"No, but why are you acting like this....all cute?"

"I’m not", Taeyeon lied flatly before she started walking with Yixing away from the rest of them. Her friends followed, and from the corner of her eyes she could see Baekhyun seething in contempt. Ha!

"So Baekhyun", Minseok tried to lighten the atmosphere. "I wanted to ask you if – “

"I don't like her", Baekhyun stated jaw clenched, his eyes still fixated on the back of two particular retreating figures, as he started to walk in the other direction.

"That's not what I was gonna ask….", Minseok muttered as they started to scatter towards their respective schedules.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Did you guys like it? COMMENT AWAY PLEASE!

Thankyou for reading and subscribing.