19: You Got Me. Bad.

My Love That Is Forever

That Friday, Seungwan finally gave in. She couldn't resist the urge to play the piano anymore, the feeling those keys under her fingers and the beautiful soothing melody that accompanied. She wasn't going to leave her hobby just because of the absurd fear that Kyungsoo might be there again, even though a part of her almost felt excited at the prospect of it.

She had been thinking about a particular song she hadn't tried before as made her way to the Music Studio almost as soon as she got free that Friday. There was no one around, thankfully, so she comfortably sat down to play.

Kyungsoo hadn't seen Seungwan since their meeting after the lists were displayed, it was like she had heard Baekhyun telling him to stay away from her till the elections. So that Friday, with just a flicker of hope that she might be at the Music Studio he went there, after excusing himself from his busy-in-planning friends.

Kyungsoo was delighted to discover her there. It was like after Baekhyun told him off, he had started wanting to see her more. That's how human nature worked after all.

The calm descended on him like a wave, as he heard her upon entering quietly. He smiled watching her play, and leaned his back against the wall opposite to where she was sitting. Resting his head back, he closed his eyes as her serene voice filled the room around him and all his senses. He could listen to her sing for a hundred more years and still never get tired of it.

He opened his eyes when she finished. "Do you have any idea how beautiful your voice is? It feels wrong that you’ve kept it hidden from us all for so long", the compliments rolled off his tongue naturally.

Seungwan smiled on hearing his voice, her back still towards him. A part of her had been hoping he would be there and her wish had been granted.

"You know it's bad manners to eavesdrop", She said in mock rebuke as she turned her head, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Guilty as charged", Kyungsoo chuckled.

"Well since you have admitted to it – “, Seungwan got up. "You need to be punished, come here" Seungwan gestured with her hand.

"What?", Kyungsoo looked a little flustered.

"I want to hear you sing too, come on"

Kyungsoo groaned. "Ah, I don't feel like it"

"Well it's your punishment, you don't have a choice", Seungwan stated raising her eyebrows. "Come on"

Kyungsoo sighed and just obliged. Seungwan walked and stood a little away from the piano to watch him play, but he gestured for her to sit down beside him, so she did.

"I’m not as good at playing piano as you, but I'll try", Kyungsoo said and started. After a few tries to get used to the keys as he had often done with Chanyeol, he started singing.

Seungwan couldn't help but stare at him as his melodious voice surrounded her. Seeing him so focused at playing and singing, she felt a warmth spread throughout her and she smiled softly. It felt like a dream, his voice reaching somewhere deep down. She’d heard him sing a few times before, but it had always been from a distance with many other people around. This was so much more personal, and she wished she could stop time in that moment.

She was so lost in admiring him that she didn't even realize when he finished the song. Kyungsoo turned  to look at her and seeing the priceless expression on her face, he knew he had done well.

"Am I really that handsome?", He teased when she didn't respond in any way to him finishing and kept looking at him.

Seungwan snapped back to reality. "Huh?! N-no..I-I mean ….yes. I mean.... what?", She stuttered, utterly embarrassed, her face turning a deep shade of crimson as she looked away nervously. What were you thinking ogling at him like that?!

"I’m just kidding", he chuckled, shaking his head. "But on a more serious note, Seungwan shii why don't you sing at the Spring Fest next year?"

Seungwan didn't know how to respond to that. "Umm well....I-uh-I don't think I can", she said with her head bowed down.

"Why not?"

"Because....what if nobody likes it? What if I forget everything the minute I step on stage?"

"Why wouldn't anyone like it? Your voice is.......mesmerizing", He spoke without thinking again.

"T-Thanks but...I tried before and it didn't go well"

"What happened?”

"I was in Middle School back then. Soon as I went on stage my mind went blank. The music started playing but I couldn't hear or remember anything. It was....a horrible experience to say the least", She voiced out her concerns to him because she knew she could trust him. "I didn't sing for a long time after that, and I don't want that to happen again. It's a hobby I cherish very much" Seungwan realied a bear later how easily and honestly she’d relayed everything to him.

"I understand.", Kyungsoo sighed. "I had very bad stage fright once too"

"Really? When?"

"Back when I was in High School, I forgot my part during the introductory perfomance we were to give at the Annual Function and my voice cracked during the high note I was supposed to do. Thank God, Junmyeon hyung was there and kind of covered for me", Kyungsoo smiled gratefully thinking of the time. "But I got over it, my friends helped boost my confidence a lot" He paused to look at her and she gave him a soft smile.

"You can get over it too. It gets better the more you practice. I just think talent such as yours should be there for the world to hear. You know you could be an inspiration for so many others out there?" His words were so genuine that she almost felt convinced for a second.

"Just think about it once okay?", He asked with a tight-lipped smile.

"Okay", She smiled slightly. And she knew she really would, after his encouragement.

Kyungsoo heard footsteps approaching outside the door and the muffled voices he recognized so clearly. He had completely forgotten he had left his friends hanging with an excuse. No they can't see me here with her, they'll misunderstand...

"Oh My God", Kyungsoo exclaimed before moving under the piano to hide. In one swift movement, he pulled a very bewildered Seungwan along with him, putting a hand over her head to shield it from hitting the piano.

"What-", Seungwan didn't have time to process what was happening. All she knew was that they were both crouching under the piano now, with barely any space between them and it was definitely not doing good things to her heart.

"Hushhhh, I am sorry but please just stay like this for a minute", He whispered. He didn't even know why he was hiding like he had committed some crime, it was just instinctive. Seungwan barely nodded in response, her heart drumming against her chest. She could almost make out the faint lines on his face, and she feared what she would do if he turned her face towards her but he was too worried to notice anything else.

Just then the door of the Music Studio opened, and Seungwan saw two pairs of feet enter, talking between themselves.

"I told you he wouldn't be here", came Baekhyun's voice.

"Well he could've been. I wonder what happened though, he said he would be back in a few minutes", Chanyeol responded. "Should we just take his cell with us?"

Kyungsoo mentally face palmed himself. How could he be so careless and forget his cell? But then again, his mind had been occupied with other things.

"Let's just look around for a few more minutes before leaving", Baekhyun said and they both went out, closing the door. Kyungsoo sighed in relief before coming out from under the piano slowly and then held out his hand for Seungwan, which she took reluctantly, trying to recover from the situation.

"So....w-what was that?", She asked, trying to appear as normal as possible.

"I’m sorry about that, I'll explain it to you later, gotta go. Bye!", Kyungsoo said quickly before sprinting out the room to find his friends. Seungwan took a deep breath as he left, almost collapsing against the piano.

 

_

 

The next week started with electoral rage at its peak. The walls of the whole campus got covered with banners and posters and every time anyone got a break, they went to enjoy the impromptu speeches that took place in the café, with promises from potential candidates of each society, about making it the best and most fun-filled year for everyone, if they got elected.

Baekhyun and the rest of them had prepared well over the weekend for what their agenda was going to be. Although Baekhyun had only been in the university for a short-time, given his outgoing nature he’d made a lot many friends in every department. His charms and determined attitude went a long way to woo his university fellows, especially women, into deciding to vote for him.

Taeyeon was no less. She had a very positive public image at the university, having participated actively in almost all social activities at the institution for the years she’d been there. There were many who admired her for her hard working and optimistic attitude.

Baekhyun and Taeyeon had many brief encounters together as they campaigned throughout the campus. But each of them made sure put on a smiley façade, not wanting to say or do anything on impulse that would taint their hard work.

"Which department is that guy from?", Baekhyun questioned Junmyeon pointing to Kwon Hyuk and Taeyeon who were standing at a distance talking, in the Main Building.

"He's from the Fine Arts department. You haven't met him yet?” Baekhyun shook his head in response, eyes still on the two figures who were now laughing at something. She’s friendly and nice to everyone except me!

“He’s competing for Arts Society prez right?”, Baekhyun asked to confirm. Junmyeon mumbled an affirmation, still bent on the deciding new places to put the posters they’d made. No matter how much they , Baekhyun was still glad to have combined his campaign with Junmyeon’s since the guy was a genius when it came to work.

His attention got diverted to Taeyeon and Hyuk again as he heard laughter coming from where they were standing (how he was hearing them only in the crowded hallway, was beyond him). He got ready to interrupt them after telling Junmyeon.

"Hello!"

Taeyeon and Hyuk both turned mid-sentence to look at the source of the greeting. Taeyeon's expression got solemn on seeing the bane of her existence.

"Hello", Hyuk smiled back. "Byun Baekhyun right?"

"The one and only", Baekhyun extended his hand.

"Really nice to finally meet you. I was just thinking of visiting you myself", He took his hand warmly.

"How have you been?", Baekhyun's eyes reverted to the other person standing there with bored expression.

"Perfectly fine. I hope the elections aren't getting to you?", Taeyeon asked mockingly.

"Not at all! Actually I am surprised how accepting people are in this university. I only just started studying here a month ago but everyone is so supportive of me becoming president, I am so....touched", Baekhyun remarked with sarcasm, putting a hand on his chest for effect and looked to Hyuk, who nodded in agreement.

Taeyeon only managed to give a fake smile in response. Of course, being the flirt he is, he’s probably conned half the female population of the university into voting for him!

"So I guess I should leave, see you later Hyuk", Taeyeon left after bidding goodbye.

"Well best of luck to you!", Hyuk extended his hand which Baekhyun took smilingly. "I have a feeling we'll be seeing each other a lot"

"See you", Baekhyun called back, wondering if Hyuk and Taeyeon were a thing. But he brushed away the thought, jogging back to help Junmyeon put on posters.

The day before the voting, all the classes were announced to be suspended so the whole day was spent in campaigning. Speeches, accompanied with loud cheers and shouts of slogans, were held at every other corner of the campus. Despite the coldness of November, many participated eagerly.

_

 

The voting took place on Thursday, in the morning. The results were supposed to be announced the next day, and they all piled into the auditorium in nervous frenzy.

"I have a feeling this is going to turn out nicely", Baekhyun remarked haughtily, as they got seated.

"Some people are just too hopeful for their own good", Jongdae deadpanned from his side and Chanyeol laughed. Baekhyun just ignored them.

You did well Taeyeon, Be confident! Taeyeon told herself rubbing her hands together, a few seats to the left of where Baekhyun and his friends were sitting. She had been through this process before but she was nervous nonetheless.

"Are you excited?", Soojung asked from her side.

"Yeah, I guess. How about you? Chances of becoming Head Dance Club again this year bright?"

"I guess....but I am not too sure this time. That Bae Suzy went to great lengths this time to get a good number of voters. Did you know she even threw a party, which not to forget consisted predominantly the Y-chromosome population of our uni? Like seriously how is that fair?", Soojung scoffed.

"Don't worry. You still worked as hard as you could", Seungwan said with a reassuring hand squeeze from the side, as one of seniors took the place behind the podium and the microphone.

"Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen! So I have the results in my hand! Let me hear how good you guys are feeling?"

Loud cheers and hoots erupted from the excited crowd.

"I can't hear you?", The senior teased, straining his ears, garnering even louder responses.

"So first up is the Arts society! When I a call out the name of the General Secretaries plz stand up on your seats and get yourselves recognized. The Presidents and Vice Presidents are supposed to come up the stage and give a short speech. Got it? So the General Secretary for Arts society is....any guesses?" There were loud shouts of "Seulgi!" From the crowd. "Miss Kang Seulgi!", They all cheered and clapped as Seulgi stood up in her seat and bowed all around.

The next society was Adventure, which saw Junmyeon and Yixing becoming President and Vice President respectively, followed by Debate society announcements.

"Moving on to Media Society", the name of society was barely announced before the crowd erupted into hoots, louder than any time before.

"First up, the Head of Dramatics club", the host paused.

"Mr. Do Kyungsoo congratulations!", there were whistles and loud claps especially from his friends as Kyungsoo got up to get himself recognized beaming at everyone around.

"The second General Secretary slash Head of Music Club......any guesses?" Loud shouts of 'Park Chanyeol!' Were heard across the hall.

"Mr. Park Chanyeol everyone!"

After a full two minutes of loud screaming and cheering, the host trying to calm sown the wild crowd, they finally moved on to the Dance Club, which saw Bae Suzy getting selected that year. Soojung only sulked for a few minutes after it before going back to acting like she was at a concert.

"Now onto the most anticipated posts. This year quite surprisingly, we don't have any Vice President for Media Society", the crowd groaned loudly hearing the news. The senior held his hand up to calm them.

"Because....this time we have two Presidents!”, He paused for effect.

“Miss Kim Taeyeon and Mr. Byun Baekhyun congratulations!"

What?!

Taeyeon thought she had heard wrong.

"Each of them got exactly 600 hundred votes, like how cool is that!", the host was going on and on, but Taeyeon could barely hear it behind the ringing in her ears. How am I going to work with this annoying jerk the whole year?!

She looked to her left to find Baekhyun getting up amidst friendly claps and pats from his friends, but he looked just as bewildered as her. Both of them frowned upon meeting each other’s eyes.

She plastered a grin on her face to show the crowd as they got up on stage together, trying not to think too much about the situation at hand. It's no big deal, I can make this work! Taeyeon tried to convince herself.

………………………………………………………………

"What would you like to say Baekhyun shii?"

"Huh?", Baekhyun shook out of his reverie and took the microphone being offered to him, calming himself to remember why he was there in the first place. "I’m very thankful to all of you who voted for me, seriously you guys are the best! I'll work hard to make this year a memorable one for you all!", He said genuinely earning loud claps and whistles from the crowd. He then handed the microphone to Taeyeon.

"Thankyou so much for trusting us with your votes guys, we will try hard to make sure you guys don't regret it! Love you all!", Taeyeon smiled as she did the heart sign above her head. Baekhyun had to resist rolling his eyes. The witch is acting cute, my my!

"Thankyou both!", The senior said over the microphone as they both went down the other side of stage, amidst loud cheers. At the end of the stairs, Taeyeon turned around to face him with a glare, "We need to talk"

"We really do", Baekhyun agreed, crossing his arms but before they could start a screaming contest, Chanyeol had come and whisked Baekhyun away to the crowd waiting to congratulate him.

The ceremony ended after two more societies got announced. Baekhyun was hoping he would be able to talk to Taeyeon, but he got mobbed by tons of people wanting to congratulate him on his success as soon as the program finished. He caught glimpses of Taeyeon in between, who was busy herself, thanking the people who approached her.

 

_

 

"This calls for a big celebration!", Junmyeon remarked as they got out of the auditorium.

"So that means you are treating us right, hyung?", Chanyeol put Junmyeon on the spot.

"Well...I guess, if you guys insist", the rich guy rarely had reason to refuse.

Baekhyun soon spotted Bae Suzy, the girl Chanyeol had pointed out earlier, standing at the other end of the hallway. He had to admit she looked even more gorgeous now that he could see her from head to toe. Get ready for some fun Baekhyun! He thought smirking to himself.

"Why don't you people go on, I'll catch up with you there?", Baekhyun asked the rest of them, eyeing Suzy again.

"Kay. Let's go", Jongdae shot forward, the rest following behind.

"Well I'll see you at the bowling club then!", Chanyeol waved and left. Baekhyun waved back absent mindedly and walked towards Suzy, straightening his jacket and shirt. He cleared his throat loudly as he approached them. Suzy eyed him uncertainly for a second, before a glint of recognition ran through her eyes.

"There you are", Baekhyun didn't resort to typical greetings, and settled for his flirty self. He gave her the best seductive smile he could manage. Suzy smiled back, a little uncertainly and the girls gathered around her quickly said goodbyes.

"Well I was wondering if there was something wrong with my eyes, because I couldn't take them off you throughout the ceremony" Baekhyun smirked.

Suzy huffed out in amusement. "Woww dude, Sorry to break your bubble but I’ve heard cheesier lines than that one"

"Of course you have", Baekhyun took a few steps towards her. "But I wonder if your eyes still sparkled the way they are now when you did?"

Suzy raised an eyebrow at him suggestively. "I like an observant man"

"There are so many things you would like about me, if you took a chance"

"I wouldn't be so sure if I were you"

Baekhyun chuckled. "Sorry for the cheesy start, I’m Baekhyun", he held out his hand.

"I know" She shook his hand. "And I’m pretty sure you already know my name"

"I do" Baekhyun paused. "So I guess congratulations are in order?"

She smiled. "Indeed"

"Glad to be in the same society as you. I wonder if it was fate somehow?", Baekhyun couldn't help the coquettish comment.

"Maybe", Suzy shrugged smirking, before her phone rang. She moved aside to attend it.

"Well I’m sorry to cut this short, but I have somewhere I need to be", She said as she finished talking, gearing up to leave. "But then again, I’m sure we'll be seeing a lot of each other now, won't we?"

"You bet we will", Baekhyun winked.

"Bye", Suzy waved lightly before moving on.

"See you!", Baekhyun called after her.

Just the distraction I needed, Baekhyun mused as he gazed at her retreating figure.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: A big chapter there, hope you guys love it. So Baek-Tae as prezes? Yeah, let's hope they can keep their hands off each other - 's throats *evil smile*

Thankyou for reading and subscribing.