25: New Beginnings (Part 2)

My Love That Is Forever

Seungwan didn't know how to act around Kyungsoo ever since she’d entered the karaoke room that was booked for the evening, as yesterday kept playing in her mind.

Once they had been broken out of their reverie by the arrival of Kyungsoo's brother, Jongin, they had said their goodbyes and gone their own ways. But once the trance had worn off, it had occurred to Seungwan how deeply she had gotten involved with him. If the wild thumping of her heart and the butterflies that erupted in the pit of her stomach whenever he did as much as smile at her were any indication, what she felt for Kyungsoo didn't fall in the category of infatuation anymore. No, she was way past that stage.

And that made her mind go haywire with all sorts of jumbled emotions. Where was her resolve? She had thought being around him more, would help her get over these feelings but the opposite seemed to be happening. And she didn't know what do to do about it. He had clearly told her he didn't wish to be in a relationship, and she was scared that because of the way things were going she might lose him even as a friend if she didn't keep a check on her feelings.

But then she kept having flashbacks about how tenderly he had looked at her when they were reading, the way his gaze had lingered on her and the genuine spark she had felt in his eyes as he had read those words, and a part of her had thought that maybe he felt something for her too.

But it could have all been a spur of a moment thing, with him getting too engrossed in the lines. How could she be sure? It wasn't like she could ask him either.

Kyungsoo appeared calm as the morning breeze when they arrived at the karaoke and they had barely been able to exchange greetings when Yixing and Junmyeon had asked them all to gather, explaining to them the plan for the party, leaving out some of the information Seungwan was sure.

Seungwan could see Kyungsoo talking to Sehun every now and then and what surprised her was how her brother didn't seem to mind it at all. She could only sense some underlying tension between Yerim, Sehun and Jongin and she wondered what could be the reason for it.

"What are you thinking?", The sound startled Seungwan, breaking her out of her reverie, which made her slip from the step she was standing on the mini ladder, which she had been using to plant balloons on the upper part of the wall. She would have landed on her , had the person who’d instigated the fall and Soojung not put their arms around her back to break it.

"Woah, easy there, Jumpy!", She turned to see Jongin chuckling, as she regained her composure.

"You Okay?", came Soojung's concerned voice, and they both turned to look at the said girl.  It was a split second of registration, as the Jongin and Soojung realized their arms were interlocked on Seungwan's back.

"Yeah, I'm fine!", Seungwan quickly moved out of their grasp, straightening her clothes and groaning inwardly as the rest of the occupants around the room gave them concerned glances. Kyungsoo looked particularly worried, as he walked towards her. She reassured him she was fine before turning towards Jongin and Soojung, who seemed to be lost in a glaring – or was it gazing? – match, their hands still somehow intertwined. Not that any of them seemed to notice it.

Kyungsoo turned to glare at his brother but probably saw the same thing as her and settled for clearing his throat. When the two didn’t move he spoke, “Kai?”

That got their attention. The two pulled their hands away quickly and went in opposite directions, without giving them or each other a second glance. Kyungsoo sighed, and they probably would’ve talked had it not been for Yixing’s loud announcement for everyone to finish up their allotted work. Kyungsoo smiled and went-off and Seungwan planted the few balloons left before getting ready to take her position.

 

_

 

"This is the right room, I guess?", Taeyeon commented uncertainly, looking up from her mobile and turning to Hyuk. She was unsure as there seemed to be no sounds coming from inside, she had expected it to be a noisy mess. She turned the door handle to peek in a little and the darkness inside increased her doubts.

"I think we sho – “, Taeyeon was gob smacked, as the multicolored neon lights in the room suddenly and familiar faces appeared from different corners of the room, all singing loudly, some with party pipes, others with poppers in their hands.

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Taeyeon and Baekhyun! Happy Birthday to you!" Wolf whistles and claps followed, even Hyuk joined in and Taeyeon's heart fluttered with excitement at the surprise greeting.

"Thankyou guys!", She beamed, crossing the threshold to step into the room, not registering the confused looks on the face of the occupants of the room.

"Where's Baekhyun?", Junmyeon voiced the question running through all of their minds, looking a little disappointed.

Taeyeon knitted her eyebrows in confusion. "How would I know? Isn't he here yet?"

They all looked towards her and then at each other.

"I'm here", Baekhyun appeared as if on cue, taking in his surroundings.

"Hi Baekhyun", Taeyeon smiled. He looked sleek, supporting an all-black look like herself with black leather pants, t-shirt and leather jacket. His freshly dyed blonde hair and milky complexion a stark contrast to his outfit.

"Hi", He replied back stiffly. Taeyeon would’ve frowned at his cold greeting had her attention not reverted back to the rest of her friends.

"Well, no time to waste I guess! Bring the cake", Yixing announced with a clap of his hands, and the rest of them quickly shuffled in their places. Before they knew it, Taeyeon and Baekhyun were being guided –  pulled and pushed more like it –  by a few of their friends amidst hurried greetings. Taeyeon noticed the party hats they were all wearing, even a frowing Kyungsoo who’d probably been forced into doing so and she smiled, strangely warmed by their gestures.

Her attention got shifted towards Baekhyun as they reached the center of the room, and she realized she’d unknowingly leaned towards him for support as they walked, and the guy was upholding her hand on his arm like it gave him physical and mental pain. She immediately pulled it away.

"Lights off!", The room turned dark once again, and quiet apart from the whisper yells of 'hurry' 'where's the lighter?' 'Get Yeri!' that Taeyeon was able to make out amongst the mingled noises. She could barely make out the silhouette of the person standing next to her, the scent of his wood-musky perfume the only thing informing her about his identity. She smiled, thinking she was right in buying the gift she had for him yesterday.

A flicker of fire and then the start of another birthday song, Taeyeon saw Yerim, the youngest one of all there, walk towards them with the cake in her hands, a single heart shaped candle lighted in the middle of it. Somebody the dim lights in the far end of the room as Yerim placed the cake in front of them and Seungwan started capturing the scene with her camera.

"What the….?" Taeyeon was surprised seeing the words written in white cream over the mint chocolate cake:  'Happy Baekyeon Day'

She immediately scanned the room, her accusing glare landing on the person who was responsible for arranging the cake. "I just....improvised on your names", Jongdae shrugged. Taeyeon took a good look at the room in the dim but sufficient light, and her eyes narrowed upon discovering that the room was filled not-so-subtly with blue and pink heart-shaped balloons, confetti and ribbons. The lit red heart candle on the cake seemed to be laughing at her too.

"And what's with the whole heart theme huh?", She looked towards the people in front of her, specifically Yixing for a good reason. The guy cleared his throat, getting ready to make up an excuse probably, but Baekhyun intervened.

 "Let's just get this over with", The guy sighed, looking impatient and…sulky.

Taeyeon looked at him. What can I really do with this guy's mood swings? She plastered a smile on her face, nonetheless, as Suzy who she hadn't really registered was even there handed her a knife, with a red ribbon on it.

“Let me guess, only one knife?", Taeyeon asked holding her hand out, as she passed the knife Suzy had given her to Baekhyun. The people she called friends really were trying hard at whatever lame attempt this was to make her and Baekhyun uncomfortable.

“You’re so smart”, Yiixng gave her a smile.

“You guys need to look good for the pictures, they are going to be uploaded on the official society page, remember?”, Chanyeol beaconed, and Taeyeon extended her hand towards Baekhyun’s. That's right, how could I forget why I am here in the first place? The guy handed her the knife before proceeding to wrap his hand over her’s. She felt him tense, and the warmth of his hand over her’s, strangely comforting as well as tingling.

She made a show of smiling at the enthusiastic voices of the people around her, as they blew the candle and cut the first piece. The flashing of Seungwan's camera made her smile deepen, she really did want to look good in the pictures, and she looked towards Baekhyun in the hope that he would be mirroring her expression but the guy looked like he would rather be anywhere else but standing there with her.

"Smile, Baekhyun", Taeyeon instructed from between her gritted teeth, wondering what the guy's deal was. 

…………………………………………………………….

Baekhyun's jaw clenched as he looked in Taeyeon's direction, her face inches from his. If he bent a little lower he could….Stop thinking like that! He willed the jumbled thoughts away. Both of their gazes locked almost furiously, their hands still. Baekhyun could tell she was frustrated from the glint in her brown orbs and even though a part of him kept scolding him to not act so childishly, he couldn't help the gnawing feeling inside him,  which had been there since he had seen her with Hyuk outside her house.

"Smile, please"

Baekhyun was the first look to away, as Seungwan's voice broke them out of their trance. He plastered a fake smile on his face, looking in the camera's direction as Taeyeon followed the same after a second.

"Kiss for the camera please!", Jongdae chimed, which he ignored. Maybe it was only his imagination, but he thought Taeyeon reddened at his friend’s remark.

As they all clapped indicating the end of the cutting, Baekhyun quickly tore his hand away from Taeyeon's and walked to a side, away from the suspicious glares his friend's, particularly Chanyeol and Kyungsoo, were giving him. He loved his friends and all, but sometimes he wished they didn't know him as well as they did. A man needed some secrets.

……………………………………………

Taeyeon felt disturbed for some reason, as Baekhyun walked away, her hand feeling cold at the loss of sudden warmth. She took a deep breath, It's just a few hours Taeyeon!

"Happy Birthday, sunbae! Sorry I didn't wish you yesterday!", Suzy's cheerful voice interrupted Taeyeon's thoughts, and she smiled looking up at the vibrant girl. "My sister's wedding's coming up in a few weeks and I was out almost all day yesterday shopping with her!"

"It's not a problem, Thankyou! Congratulations on your sister's wedding!", Taeyeon replied back with a high-spirited smile.

"You look absolutely....mesmerizing!", Tiffany, who Taeyeon had only gotten to greet through eyes since she had arrived, commented in a sultry voice as she approached her with Seungwan, after Suzy had left.

"She does!", Seungwan added, smiling.

Taeyeon smiled at her friends. "Thanks a lot guys! Where's Yuri, Tiff?" She looked around the room but couldn't find her other friend.

"She's a running a little late, you know err....family commitments", Tiffany shrugged.

"Baekhyun seems a little stiff today, any idea why?", Soojung asked, approaching them and they looked towards Taeyeon for an answer. She rolled her eyes. So she wasn't the only one who was finding his behavior weird. "You never can tell with him you know, let's just eat the cake"

...............................

Fifteen minutes later, Taeyeon regretted her decision. She should have just found a place to hide instead of thinking about tasting her favorite flavored cake.

Jongdae, as usual, was the one to start the cake fight when he playfully took away a little cream and wiped his fingers on Yixing's cheek, hiding himself as Yixing had turned around to find the culprit. His eyes had landed on Taeyeon, who was too engrossed in cutting a piece of it to take notice, and thinking she was the one, he’d scraped off a large amount of cream and thrown it at her. She had stood there shocked as they slimy substance fell slowly off her face and then clawing the cake for whatever came in her hands, she’d flung it at Yixing, who’d ducked in time, resulting in the cake landing on Junmyeon's face.

In one moment of realization, all hell broke loose. Taeyeon's angry commands for everyone to stop went unheard as each one of them found a target. Chanyeol and Jongdae stumbled as they ran around the room making sure none of them was left unruly by the cream. Even Kyungsoo, who Taeyeon had thought would kill anyone who tried to land as much as a finger on him, joined in with Chanyeol to ambush Baekhyun who got startled and found himself less than pleased as he discovered his cheeks covered in the brown paste. He turned around, only to lock gazes with Taeyeon standing in the center of the room.

Game on, they both seethed as they looked at each other, each beckoning the other to take make the first move. And Taeyeon finally did, grabbing a small piece in her hand and limping in her brace towards Baekhyun who met her halfway. But before any of them could plaster each other's faces with cake, Taeyeon slipped, courtesy of cream that was on the floor and God forbid what kind of injury she would’ve come down with had Baekhyun not caught her arm on time. 

"You won't stop with your carelessness until you get admitted to the hospital will you?" Baekhyun hissed at her.

Taeyeon felt all the excitement drain out of her. What a spoilsport! She balanced herself quickly, shooting daggers in Baekhyun's direction as she jerked her arm away from his grip. "Save your worry. Just go and sit in a corner if you don't want to have fun yourself. Don't ruin it for others!" Jerk! Taeyeon's eyes twitched in resentment.

……………………………………………………………..

Baekhyun's expression became solemn at her scolding. "Suit yourself! I couldn't care less" This is how she thanks me for helping her! Baekhyun swiftly started to move ahead, only to be stopped by Taeyeon midway as she held his elbow, her expression soft.

"What's the problem, Baekhyun? Why are you so grumpy today? I thought we talked about this", She asked.

Baekhyun's expression slumped for a second, seeing the concern in her eyes. What was he doing, really? He was acting very rudely for a reason he couldn’t even explain to himself. What right do I have to feel agitated about who she is or isn't with? His heart sank at the realization.

Baekhyun's thoughts were interrupted as Hyuk chose to make his appearance right at that time and smudged his face with chocolate playfully. He closed his eyes and opened them to glare at the guy, who was too busy wiping cake on Taeyeon's face amidst her protests to register him.

Baekhyun knocked the guy’s shoulder for good measure as he separated the two by passing between them, not liking how comfortably he was playing with Taeyeon. The latter was dumbfounded but not as much as Hyuk, whose mouth fell open.

"What happened to him?", he asked.

"It's nothing, don't concern yourself!", Taeyeon was livid, but she would keep her emotions under control for now. Hyuk looked skeptically at her as she quickly found a place beside the bar to settle herself, before following after her.

_

 

"You don't have to look so murderous there", Baekhyun jumped at Kyungsoo's voice, the tissue papers he was using to wipe his face clean almost falling from his hands.

"I don't", Baekhyun rolled his eyes, composing himself immediately. His friend was way too observant for his own good.

"He's just jealous", Chanyeol approached them from a side, sipping his drink.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "And obviously you would know, Yoda"

"Sure", Chanyeol shrugged, unaffected by Baekhyun’s use of an irritating nickname.

Though he tried not to show it, Baekhyun was irked at what his friends were implying. Was he really jealous? But why would he be? He hadn't felt anything – okay, he hadn’t felt much –  for Taeyeon when she had been a kind and amiable person, so why would he now when she had become a rude, stubborn snob?

"You could just go talk to her, you know", Kyungsoo advised, displeasing Baekhyun further.

"Thanks, but I don't think I need to talk to that witch any more than I need to!", Baekhyun hissed and walked away. He was already too confused about what he was feeling and whether he should even be feeling it in the first place, and his friend's nagging wasn't helping.

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol shook their heads. "And to think he was giving me relationship advice" Kyungsoo sighed.

Once they were done cleaning up, they sat down to open gifts while eating fried chicken and pizza (a menu decided with Jongin's undue enthusiastic involvement) and drinks (most of them being of age had alcoholic ones except Yerim who was still underage). Taeyeon didn't bother to drink either, she really didn't get what people got from the bitterness of alcohol except excruciating headaches and health hazards.

"Mine, first!", Jongdae handed each Baekhyun and Taeyeon a large shopping bag as Baekhyun sat as far away from her on the sofa as he could.

"I have a condition, though!", He made them stop as they were unwrapping it. "You both have to wear what's in it for the rest of the evening! Agreed?"

Baekhyun sighed. What are they up to now? Taeyeon also eyed Jongdae dubiously, but she nodded her head anyway.

"What the....", Taeyeon said warily as she held a warm violet cardigan out in front of her and Baekhyun did the same, with 'Girl' printed on the back of her's and 'Boy' on Baekhyun's. The rest of them suppressed laughter, even Kyungsoo looked amused. Yixing gave Jongdae a thumbs up.

"Couple sweaters, seriously?", Baekhyun gave his friend a bored look as Taeyeon glared at him. They really were going all the way in making it look like there was something between her and Baekhyun, which was laugh-worthy.

"You agreed already, can't go back!", Jongdae warned her and she took a deep breath. Grin and bear it, Taeyeon! She smiled, trying to keep calm as she awkwardly undid the buttons to put on the sweater. Baekhyun eyed her skeptically, but seeing as she was putting it on, he followed suit.

Taeyeon had to admit that the cardigan was pretty nice if the situation was edited out. "Thanks", She gave Jongdae a small smile, trying her best to sound ungrateful.

The next gift was Chanyeol's, a Tommy Hilfiger clutch for Taeyeon and an eyeliner for Baekhyun, which was a joke even Taeyeon laughed at. Baekhyun scowled disdainfully at his friend.

"Which one of you ladies would like to challenge Baek in putting on eyeliner? I bet fifty bucks he will win!", Chanyeol declared haughtily, ignoring the daggers Baekhyun was shooting at him.

"Very funny, Yoda!", Baekhyun made a face, putting away the sorry excuse of a gift.

"A hundred? You're on dude!", Soojung got up, volunteering to challenge Baekhyun. Baekhyun closed his eyes in exasperation.

"Who said I agree?", Baekhyun scrunched up his face.

"Why? Can't accept a challenge?", Soojung cocked an eyebrow at him. Baekhyun got up warily, his fighting spirit ignited and once they were each done putting on the black liquid on their eyes, they turned to Taeyeon who was supposed to judge. Seeing Baekhyun in eyeliner after all these years, tugged at something inside her as she remembered laughing like there was no tomorrow the first time she had seen him in it. It was an endearing memory, and even as she eyed Soojung she could feel herself more inclined towards Baekhyun as he stared at her impatiently.

"Baekhyun's better", She declared, surprising them all, even Baekhyun.

"What? No, he isn't!", Soojung protested and even Baekhyun wanted to.

"My fifty bucks?", Chanyeol asked Soojung teasingly, as she stomped away to her seat beside a laughing Seungwan.

"Not giving! Clearly the judge is biased!", Soojung looked back at her friend smirking.

The last thing she was in Baekhyun's case, was biased and she knew explaining it to her friends was useless at the moment. Minseok gave his gift next, a cream-coloured beanie to Taeyeon (and a brown one for Baekhyun) followed by Junmyeon giving them both wrist-watches, which looked too expensive for Taeyeon's comfort but she had barely opened to protest when Junmyeon cut her off, saying he wasn't in the favor of hearing any formal replies from a friend. Taeyeon had smiled, feeling more than gratefulness tugging at her insides. Maybe nothing much had changed, neither their friendly and caring attitude, nor the feeling of warmth she felt at their gestures.

A blue cape shawl from Tiffany, a makeup box from Yuri, much needed hi-tech earpods from Sehun and Yerim (they had combined their pocket money to buy them apparently and Taeyeon felt touched to no end as she hugged the life out of them, much to the duo's awkwardness), a self-help creativity book from Kyungsoo (which Taeyeon seriously doubted if he had even read himself), scented candles from Jongin and a limited edition perfume from Suzy, Taeyeon found herself feeling almost apologetic with gratitude. Yixing's attempt at making them both wear the couple bracelets he had gotten custom-made with 'Baekyeon' written on the inside of each of the silver thing, went unsuccessful. Taeyeon face-palmed herself. The joke wasn't amusing anymore, to her at least.

"I thought you might like this so....", Hyuk scratched the back of his head nervously as he handed Taeyeon a Jack Skellington stuff toy.

Taeyeon eyes widened in child-like excitement, as she eyed the plush toy. "Thankyou so much Hyuk! It's so kind of you to remember", Taeyeon kept feeling more touched at how much thought the people there with her had put into buying gifts for them and she made a mental note to return the favors whenever the time came.

Baekhyun's face fell, as he saw Hyuk handing the gift to Taeyeon, his mind going back to the daffodils and the Jack Skellington hoodie he had bought for her, sitting in the back seat of his car. And he very painstakingly managed a smile and 'Thankyou' as Hyuk handed him his gift, a branded leather wallet that Baekhyun would have been thrilled to receive had it not been for the tightening he felt in his chest as he gazed at the vibrant smile of the girl beside him, the happiness that, in his eyes, stemmed from receiving the gift from Hyuk.

"So what did you guys buy for each other?", Chanyeol's inquiry broke Baekhyun out of his reverie, the people around them now eyeing the man and woman of the hour.

Taeyeon quickly swept across the sofa she was sitting on, to fetch a bag from behind it and handed it to Baekhyun with a tight-lipped smile. Baekhyun swallowed hard as he reluctantly took it and unwrapped the neat packing to reveal his favorite perfume, a scent he never got tired of, even after wearing it for so many years.

"Wow the level of telepathy! Didn't your perfume just finish, Baek? You didn't ask her to get one for you did you?", Chanyeol teased and Taeyeon made a face at him.

"May all your good wishes come true this year and you find solace, happiness and success in its wake. Happy Birthday, Baekhyun"

Baekhyun gulped as he read the inscription on the small card he had received with the gift, his expression turning solemn at the sincerity he could feel tipping from the written words. Taeyeon narrowed her eyes in his reaction.

"Do you not like it?”

"N-no I like it" Too much…."Thanks!", Baekhyun tried to keep his tone casual but Taeyeon could feel the awkwardness from the way he was avoiding her eyes and she wondered yet again what really was going through his mind.

"Your turn, Baekhyun", All eyes turned towards him at Kyungsoo's reminder, anticipating what he had gotten for Taeyeon, a few of them ready to hound the two with more suggestive comments as soon as the gift was handed over.

"Err, actually....", A voice inside him warned him not to say what he was about to, but he ignored it. "I forgot to buy a gift for you, I'm sorry"

Taeyeon rolled her eyes at Baekhyun's confession, not feeling the least bit surprised. Liar! I'm sure he didn't even have any intention of buying anything in the first place. It wasn't something unexpected, considering the way Baekhyun had been acting towards her. But she really, with all her might, wished to know what was bothering him, and if she had done something to prompt such behavior.

Everyone else deflated like a balloon, all their excitement draining, at Baekhyun's excuse. "Are you serious, dude?", Jongdae looked incredulous, even Kyungsoo shook his head disapprovingly. Chanyeol narrowed his eyes at Baekhyun (which the latter ignored), seeing through the white lie he had just fed to them all. Baekhyun had told him he was heading to the mall to buy a gift for the birthday girl, when they had left the university that afternoon.

"It's Okay", Taeyeon said shrugging and Baekhyun's heart sank further, seeing as she didn't look the least bit affected. Ofcourse why would she? She already got gifts from all the 'important' people! He didn't even know what he was doing or why he was doing it, but it wasn't like he could take his words back now. It was a shame for the gift, the daffodils that would probably dry in the cold and be thrown out by him but he was still not convinced enough to run out and bring them to her. He took a large swig from the beer can placed in front of him, hoping it would drain away all the confusing emotions he was feeling.

"Let's start singing!", Taeyeon clapped excitedly, to lighten the mood seeing the disappointed looks on everyone's faces.

"I'll start!", Yixing got up, not wanting the tense atmosphere to last any longer. He started with an upbeat song, and everybody joined in with claps and whistles as the atmosphere in the room turned festive.

Taeyeon began enjoying herself as well. She had always loved singing, the excitement, the peace and a range of other emotions that always came with the it. Chanyeol and Jongin teamed up against Yuri and Sehun, in a rap battle that made them all stand up on their feet. Taeyeon had to evade several cups of alcoholic beverages being passed down to her, not feeling like losing her senses, completely unaware that one of the 'special' ones had already made their way to her and she had put it on the table in front of Soojung.

 

"Suzy and I are going to sing next!", Baekhyun announced, vexed that he was looking and feeling like somebody had made him a sour lemon when clearly everyone else –  specifically someone –  seemed to be having a lot of fun. He decided he was done being sulky and wanted to enjoy the rest of his time without thinking about Taeyeon. Maybe it was the alcohol getting to him but he didn't care, and asked Suzy, who was more than willing to sing with him. Everyone clapped loudly in encouragement, as they got towards the stage area and started singing 'Dream'.

"You look beautiful, today too just like yesterday

No, today you look prettier"

Baekhyun put on an especially cheery and flirtatious façade, making eye contact with Suzy suggestively with every line he sang. Suzy looked amused, and answered his attempts just as flirtatiously.

"Dream that I can never have again
That was really sweet
I think you are just like the dream"

Taeyeon's casual response to him and Suzy singing, while laughing and clapping with Hyuk and the others only ignited Baekhyun further, but he tried not to show it. Just forget that she's here, will you? He kept scolding himself every time he eyed her.

_

While Tiffany and Junmyeon sang their favorite songs, Kyungsoo tried to sneak towards Seungwan sitting with Yuri and Taeyeon, not wanting to be caught by his friends, who had been trying to keep him away from her all evening.

"Where are you off to, Kyungsoo?", Yixing's voice made him halt in his steps and he turned around trying to smile convincingly at his older friend, who had a serious expression on his face.

"Nowhere hyung, just moving around you know.....", Kyungsoo tried to appear unaffected, though he was not feeling one bit of it.

Yixing took a few steps towards Kyungsoo, crossing his arms on his chest. "Is there anything you want to tell me, Kyungsoo?"

Kyungsoo was almost scared. Almost. "N-no hyung! What would I want to tell you? Everything's great!"

"So you're not hiding anything?"

Kyungsoo didn't know what to say. Was he hiding something? A part of his mind telling him that this was something related to Seungwan. What am I hiding relating to Seungwan? Kyungsoo gulped as the smiling image of the girl flashed in his mind, making his heart skip a beat. Should he tell Yixing what he thought he had started feeling for his cousin? But how could he, when he hadn't even told Seungwan.

"No hyung, what are you hinting at?" Kyungsoo asked uncertainly.

Yixing huffed. "Nothing! Enjoy the evening dude!", He slapped Kyungsoo's back good-naturedly before moving on.

Kyungsoo brushed away the thought from his mind and looked around before attempting to sneak off again only to caught by Chanyeol mid-way.

"Kyungsoo here wants to sing in English! Everybody clap!", Chanyeol had brought to the room occupant's attention, putting a hand on Kyungsoo's shoulder, before the latter could protest.

"Do you want to die? When did I say I wanted to sing?", Kyungsoo seethed in a low tone, making his taller friend cower a bit.

"Why? Do you not want to? Go on eveyone's already waiting!", Chanyeol tried to persuade him, and Kyungsoo had no choice but to go on towards the center platform amidst encouraging cheers from his friends. It wasn't like he didn't want to sing, he would just have liked some warning beforehand.

 

He typed in the code for the song he wanted to sing, one of his favorites and turned around. His gaze soon found the person he wanted to sing the song for, and he smiled lightly to himself as he started.

"This life has twists and turns,

But it's the sweetest mystery,

When you're with me

We say a thousand words,

When no one else is listening,

I will be"

He put his best in to the words, feeling each of them and to say that Seungwan was flustered at the way he was staring at her was an understatement. It reminded her, yet again, of their encounter yesterday. She gulped, trying to calm her frantic heart but his gaze was all too knowing for her to just brush away.

"The dark turns to light,

We both come alive tonight,

I'm talking about forever"

Why is he doing this? She couldn't deny the emotion that was so evident his eyes and it was confusing her to no end.

"I'll be right here with you for life

Baby all I wanna do,

Is spend my every second with you,

So look in my eyes,

I'll be by your side"

Kyungsoo didn't care if he was giving away too much, because all he could think about right then was how much he’d started feeling for the girl in front of him.

"I'll be your shelter for life

This love, This love,

I'll mean it till the day I die"

There were gasps of appreciation as he hit the high note and Seungwan remembered to breathe again. She hadn't realized she was holding it in the first place.

"Yeah look in my eyes,

I'll be by your side,

For Life..."

Seungwan looked away sharply as he ended the song amongst loud cheers. She decided she would talk to him, instead of going crazy thinking about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: How was it? Did you guys like it? Also, do you people listen to the songs I recommend in between? I love reading your comments so much. Thankyou for reading and apprecating, it's really encouraging :)

Also, I've been working on a KaiSeul oneshot, and I'll be uploading it soon. Plz do anticipate it and read it!

Comeback preps seem to be going really well seeing as they're craving after each others butts lol.