2) Brothers

THE LOVABLE

Jeonghan's room is soundproof.
That only means one thing.

'No Disturbance'

He woke up because he felt hungry.
Still feeling dizzy and he felt his headache worsen.

He look at his phone to check the time just to end up cussing mentally.

He take a look on the window and see that it's already dark outside.

Of course. It's 8 in the evening already. He quickly grab a pink sweater and a loose pants then take a bath.

Though feeling dizzy.. He force himself to move as quick as possible.

The moment he's done he head downstairs.. but before he land on the first ground he heard noises from the kitchen which is out of sight.

"SURPRISE!!!! WE'RE HOOOOOME!!"

"MOM! DAD!"

That's all he heard because that was the loudest. He hide on the wall near the kitchen so he can peek right at them.

Chan is standing right beside Mr. Kim while smiling widely.

On the other hand.. Three other gorgeous men add on the picture.

"Gosh. We miss all of you. How's life?"

Mrs. Kim asked as they flop down on the dining area.

"Boring as always."

The man with a very deep voice answered lazily.

"Wonwoo.. "

Mrs. Kim called.

"Kiddin' well it was fine. Same as usual. Books and friends."

The parents nodded. They know Wonwoo is not fond of having a big circle of friends.

"How about you Mingyu?"

The tallest of them smiled showing off his canines.

"Dad.. Being the campus prince is never boring ya'know?"

The other guy said.. He's the second tallest of them all.

"Jun hyung is right."

Said Chan who is munching something already..

"Hey.. Don't eat yet. We still need to wait for Jeonghan.."

Mr. Kim said.

The three brothers gave them a questioning look.

Jeonghan felt his heart thumping loud and beating so fast.

They're waiting for him before they'll eat but he feels like he don't want to show himself.

"Who is that Jeonghan?"

Mingyu asked.

"Oh.. He's ---

"JEONGHAN HYUNG!"

Before Mrs. Kim could finish her sentence Chan saw him at the corner and called him that caused everyone on the table look at his direction.

Jeonghan wanted to just melt down the moment their gazes fixed on him.

"Oh.. Sweetheart come here join us.
Let's eat already.."

He walks slowly (head down) towards the table still feeling uncomfortable because of their gazes.

"Here hyung. Sit beside me."

He smiled at Chan and ruffle his hair.

"Thanks baby Chan.."

He whispered enough for Chan to hear.. and of course the latter whined.

"Mom.. He's still on it."

"What? The 'Baby' thing?"

Mrs. Kim asked.

"It's cute Chan.. Anyway you're still a baby to us."

His mother said. Victorious smiled plastered on Jeonghan's face that make Chan pout to the fullest.

They heard fake coughs from the other side of the table.

"Oh right! Boys. This is Jeonghan.. Jeonghan meet my three other sons. My eldest is Jun he's a soccer player..
Second is Wonwoo.. Book is his life.
and Mingyu.. the tallest of them he's a basketball player."

"...and a certified playboy if you may add mom."

Chan said.

Mrs. Kim introduced.

Jeonghan gave them a bow and a timid smile.. but pull it out quickly.

"Boys.. He'll be living with us from now on. Treat him well.."

Their father said. No one answered and that makes things awkward.

They silently eat their dinner.

"How are you feeling now Han-ah?"

Mrs. Kim asked when she saw Jeonghan not eating that much.

"Im ok Mother.. Thanks. You're cooking skill is great. The viand is delicious."

Jeonghan replied.

"Really? Oh thank you sweetheart. Anyway.. We will send you to their schools so you'll be there together ok?"

"Thank you mother.. "

He still cringe at the 'mother' thing.. Still not used to it.

"You'll start next week. Don't worry.. Pledis Academy is a very heart warming school."

"P-pledis? You mean th-the School of elites mother?"

"Yes Jeonghan. Why?"

Mr. Kim asked.

"I.. I don't belong there. Uhm.. Why not send me to a cheaper school Mr. Kim?"

"Mr. What?"

"I mean D-dad."

Jeonghan can feel uneasiness on his seat. He felt like wanting to melt down again.

"Naahh.. Hanah.. You belong everywhere honey.. An angel belongs everywhere right Gyu?"

They all look at Mingyu who was about to bite from his food.

Meanwhile Mingyu cleared his throat before nodding awkwardly.

"Y-yes.. Mom's right."

Chan chuckled because of his older brother's action..

"Why are you laughing Chan?"

Jun asked looking at their side.

"Nahh.. Mingyu hyung's confidence is crumbling down."

Chan answered before drinking his cola. Jeonghan wants to eat but the taste is so bitter. It's not the food though. It's his taste buds. He still has a fever so everything seems bitter for him.

"Jeonghan. Are you sure you ok? The class will start next week. We still have time to tour you around. My sons can come with you.."

Jeonghan quickly shook his head disagreeing. He don't want to be a bothersome for the brothers.

"Im fine M-mother.. I will take the whole week to rest. My fever is still not subsiding yet."

Mrs. Kim's facial expression changed into a worry face.. Same as her husband.

"I knew it. You should have told us."

Mr. Kim said.

"No Dad.. Uhm I don't want you to delay because of me. I just need some rest.. Maybe."

Jeonghan said smiling to ease his new parents. The elder nod understandingly.

"Jeonghan-ssi..  You seem pale. You sure ok?"

Jun asked casually. Jeonghan's breath hitched.. The guy seems easy to get close too.

"Uhmm. Yeah. Im used to this anyway. I just notice that I get a high fever every three months.. You know, like a cycle."

Jeonghan answered smiling.

Their parents are also smiling.

'They'll get along well together.. '

The elders thought.

The dining was soon filled with jokes and laughs. Though Wonwoo is just silent on his seat.. He's managing to catch up with their amusing conversations.

Jeonghan fell silent while they're talking in the table.

He took notice of how happy the Kim family is.. How their eyes sparkles because of happiness.

How their laughs flows like music on their ears.

He suddenly remembered his parents.. the difficulties he escaped from. The dimness of his past.

He look and listen to these people with him at the moment.

A family that only exist on his daydream. A kind of family he always envy and being jealous of.

This is the family he wants.

A family he never had.

"Hyung. Why are you crying?"

Jeonghan snapped back out of wherever trans he was. He realized that they are all looking at him.

"Hanah.. Why are you crying?"

His new mother asked worrying..

He touched his cheeks and felt his wet skin. He cried without him noticing.

He gave out a chuckle..

"Oh.. Uhm. S-sorry. I.. I.."

He don't know what to say..
He's not yet sure about the things that will happen in the near future yet though.

"What is it Jeonghan?"

His new Dad asked..

He sighed defeated.

"I don't know what it feels like to have a family...       Im just..   So happy.."

Jeonghan said.

It made them mute for a while. Until he felt a warm side embrace.

"Hyung.. Look who's the real baby.."

Chan said teasing him.

They all laughed because of that.

**********

The Kim family is already waiting for Jeonghan on the table to eat breakfast.

"Maybe he needs to rest first."

Mrs. Kim said.

They finished eating without a sight of Jeonghan on the table.

Mr. Kim received a call saying they need to attend an out of town peak meeting. They need to travel as soon as possible.

Everyone move quickly to help their parents. The maids are on errands preparing the needs while Jeonghan is still out of sight.

It's already 10 am in the morning when the Elders finished packing their baggage.

"Mom.. Wait. What about Jeonghan hyung?"

Chan asked before their parents entered the car.

"Oh.. Take care of him. We'll be back in three days don't worry. Bye. Love you!"

Then they rode off.. Leaving their sons behind the gate.

"They're on a rush.."

Said Mingyu who's dribbling a ball.

"Yeah.. They are."

Jun mumbled. The four of them get inside the house and flop down on the couch laid in their spacious salas.

Wonwoo is playing video game on his phone.

Mingyu is chatting with some girls.

Jun browsing magazines while Chan is watching cartoon networks.

(And he expects not to be called baby)

An hour passed but still no Jeonghan on sight.

"Is he that tired that he's still asleep until now?"

Mingyu asked mockingly.

He don't hate Jeonghan.

He's just irritated with lazy people..
and because Jeonghan is still sleeping even though it's already 11 in the noon.. He just thought that the pretty guy is a lazy one.

"Uhm.. Young masters? You need to come with us."

A maid came in panting.. obviously running down from the stairs.

The brothers are startled so they headed upstairs to know what's happening.

They saw the maids crowding on Jeonghan's door while the youngest maid runs downstair..

"Make sure to put it on a basin!!"

The oldest maid shouted.

"What's happening here?!"

Jun and Mingyu asked at the same time as they entered the room.

They saw Jeonghan shivering. 

Full of sweats but curling on his bed clutching his head.

"Jeonghan hyung!"

Chan exclaimed as he run beside Jeonghan's bed.

Wonwoo grasped his forehead and flinch as he touched it.

"Let's take him to the hospital.. He's damn burning.."

Wonwoo said stepping outside the room with a fast phase towards his room to get his car keys.

Meanwhile Mingyu carry Jeonghan on his back with Jun's help. Chan packed clothes on Jeonghan's small pack.

The maids cleared the way and all are on panick because of how helpless the angel look like.

"Chan and I will take him to the hospital. You two tell mom and dad about this. Bye."

Wonwoo said before starting the car and rode off.

They know Chan is the closest to Jeonghan since yesterday so they didn't bother to ask. While Wonwoo is taking Medical course so he know what to do.

The two left run back inside the house and call their parents.. but unattended at the moment.




 

Jeonghan woke up feeling something weird on his hand. Just then he saw nothing but white walls and windows.

A dextrose is beside him connected on his hands.

"Hyung.. You're awake.."

A voice called beside him. He's sure it's Chan's.

"Hey..    Why are we here?"

Jeonghan asked. Before Chan could answer him.. the door open and Wonwoo came in.

"Oh.. You're awake already. How are you feeling now?"

He asked as he sit down on the couch where Chan is sitting earlier.

"I.. Feel better. Sorry for being such a burden.. "

Jeonghan said head down and nervous because of Wonwoo's presence.

"It's nothing.. I haven't talked to the doctor yet. Maybe It's better if you're the one to ask him about the findings."

Wonwoo said.. As if on cue.. The doctor came unannounced wearing a smile.. He looks at Wonwoo before looking at Jeonghan.

"Chan.  Let's give them space. C'mon.. Let's have some ramen outside."

Chan obliged.

"Hyung.. We'll be back. Bye!"

He said as he followed Wonwoo's track.

The moment they were already outside Jeonghan's room. Chan notice an envelope on his older brother's hand.

"Hyung.. What's inside that?"

Wonwoo spare him a look.. but didn't give him an answer instead, he turn around and walk towards the Hospital's exit.

"Hyung wait! Aish.."




 

It was already dark outside when Jeonghan decided to go home. The two Kims won't let him but he still manage to convince them..

"Take good care of him especially on a time like this. He needs assistance on doing things because he's weak.

Just let him rest whenever this happen again.."

The doctor said before they leave.

Jeonghan seated himself  at the back. While Chan is in the front with Wonwoo who is driving..

The slow beat music on the stereo help lighten Jeonghan's feeling.

While on the ride.. He can't stop looking at the places outside.

It was full of streetlights..

Buildings and people are also there.

Chan on the other hand notice him.

"Are you cold hyung?"

He asked the pretty male.
Jeonghan shake his head lightly sideways indicating he's not.

His gaze went on the fron't mirror where he can see Wonwoo's eyes which is so focus on the road.

'Cold eyes eh?'

He stared at Wonwoo's focused eyes.

It's like a hallow portal that's luring him.. pulling him out of his own body.

The perfect chink eyes that makes you forget how to breath when it gaze on you.

Just then Wonwoo look at him on the front mirror which caused their eyes to meet.

1.. 2.. 3.. Seconds before Jeonghan break down the eye contact.

He felt his cheeks heat up.

So he just continue looking outside the window. He don't want to get caught staring again. It's embarrassing.

 

He remembered something that troubled him a lot though. He can't take the Doctor's findings out of his mind.

At first he was so worried that someone might know about his situation.

So he asked the Doctor. But the man assured him that it was only him who knows about it.



 

"I thought he was a girl."

Mingyu said out of nowhere while helping the maids preparing food for dinner.

He loves to cook.. and his good on it.

Wonwoo message them that they're coming home already that's why Jun told him to prepare something.

"Yeah me too.. he looks like a girl not only because of how long his hair is.. but also because of his face. Femenine."

Jun answered.

If you look at them..

They look peaceful and ok.

The truth is.. They're very different from each other that they mostly don't go well with things.

They always argue in things not mentioning that their parents aren't always with them.

They don't hate each other.. They just don't have the same taste on things. They're not compatible in terms of  like and dislikes.

Well.. They're brothers after all.

They need to be well tempered with each other.. aside from that they're also aware of things and what people might say around them.

On the other hand.. Wonwoo who is second eldest on the siblings.. Who always have a stoic face like he don't really want to intervene with anyone's life is the most patient between the brothers.

He too always act as the mediator.

The three of them has different prefer on things.

And again.. they're brothers after all.

With Chan around who is the youngest, they always find themselves agreeing with one another even though they don't want it. For the sake of their youngest.

Food is ready. So Jun and Mingyu place themselves on their respective spot.

"You find him attractive.. don't you?"

Mingyu mockingly asked.

"He's attractive indeed."

For the first time.. Jun genuinely agreed with his younger brother who happened to always be his rival on almost everything.













 

"We're home!"

The youngest shouted from the door.

The two who were left at the house took a peek from the kitchen's entrance which is visible from the salas.

 

"Nice. Dinner's ready.. let's eat now."

Jun the eldest of the brothers invited them. Chan ran towards the kitchen followed by Wonwoo.

Jeonghan hesitated to follow.

He's still not used to have the three's (Jun, Mingyu, Wonwoo) presence.

Not when their parents are not there.

On the other hand, he don't want to be rude to them.. Chan told him about the panick he cause this morning

"Jeonghan hyung.. Why are you still standing there? Let's eat already."

Jun asked while peeking from the kitchen wall.

Jeonghan brush the hesitation away.

He should join and thank them anyway.

He place himself in a seat beside their youngest. In front of the Mingyu's.

"I thought you'll be discharge tomorrow.."

Mingyu said while preparing his own food. Jeonghan shyly bow his head. He don't know what's with him but he felt nervous. Just because of their presence which is still a stranger to him.

"Ahm.. Im alright already--

"Nahh.. He beg us to discharge him tonight. He's so persistent though the Doctor Lee said he needed to rest."

Chan in.

"You sure you're ok now hyung?"

Jun who is sitting on his father's spot asked.

The pretty male gave a nod as a yes.

"What was the findings? Is it only a fever or anything else?"

Mingyu asked. Wonwoo choked on his food that's why the attention was diverted to him as he drink his water.

"Sorry.. I was just hungry.."

Wonwoo said. So Mingyu and Jun's attention went back to Jeonghan..

"I-it was just a f-fever.."

Jeonghan answered.

"You should take a good rest.. We decided not to tell Mom and Dad about it since we can handle it already.."

Jun said with his eldest aura.

They were in the middle of enjoying the dinner when Jeonghan decided to speak.


 

"Uhm.. I.. I wanna say Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience I cause."

 

They were silent then Mingyu speak.

"It's alright. Im sorry too.. "

Jeonghan don't know why Mingyu said sorry and it's visible on his face.

So Mingyu cleared his throat to speak again but Jun took the chance to talk first.

"He hate lazy people.. He thought you were still in a lazy slumber that'z why you were still sleeping."

'He thought I was lazy.. Well he's right though.. but Im hardworking at the same time.. heh."

Jeonghan smiled because Mingyu looks flustered.

"It's ok.. I should be the one who's more sorry here.. "

Mingyu shake his head slowly opposing Jeonghan's statement.

"You shouldn't.. It's normal. We should take good care of you because you're now part of the family.."

"Mingyu Hyung is right.. It was nothing."

Chan butted again.. Jeonghan's mischievousness played along because of Chan's cuteness..

"I'll make it up to you tomorrow then.. What do you say?"

The pretty male asked while slightly pinching Chan's cheeks.

He look so adorable that's why..

"Really? What will you do then?"

Jun asked. Jeonghan look at him a bit surprise.

'So they were looking forward for it?'

"I'll bake some cakes if you want--
 

"Chocolate cake. I want chocolate cake.  Moist if possible."

They all look at Wonwoo who took a sip from his glass.

When he put his glass down.. He notice their stares.

"What?"

He coldly asked.

"Nothing. I was about to say fruitcocktail cake but you spoke first.

Jun answered. Mingyu followed up.

"I was going to suggest Vanilla cake."

"Mine was Strawberry flavored since Im getting fond of it these days.. but Wonwoo hyung speak first."

Chan pout. Jeonghan notice the difference on their preferred flavors.

Since he want to give them a good payback he decided.

"I'll make five flavors then.."

They abruptly look at him with an uncertain expression.

"Uhm.. I'll make small ones so you can enjoy it yourselves without worrying about leftovers."

He said.

"That sounds just great hyung.. but it's tiring."

The youngest looks happy and worry at the same time.

"Don't worry Chan-ah.. I'll reduce the amount so it won't be so tiring. Don't you trust me?"

Jeonghan said smiling because of how adorable Chan look with his pouting lips.

"You sure? It's ok if you'll pick only one flavor you want to do tomorrow."

Mingyu asked.

"Nahh.. I want to give you what you all prefer so I'll be making 4 different small cakes tomorrow."

"Isn't it tiring?"

Wonwoo asked.

"It won't. Well.. that's if you guys want to help or--

"We're helping!"

They all said at the same time..

Jeonghan found it amusing and adorable so he let out a chuckle.

An angelic chuckle.

"Ok then.. Im sure we will make delicious cakes then.."


 

*********************************
 

Sorry for the wrong grammars.

Thanks.