4) Kids

THE LOVABLE

After the straight and turns around the University.. the two decided to go home since it started to darken already.

The light is slowly drifting away from the visible sky above them leaving blushes of orange and combination of evening colors.

Jeonghan's gaze is fix on the road they're passing by.

At one point Mingyu is just relax driving his car.

He played the stereo and because of the ballad song Jeonghan found himself humming with the smooth music being played.

Unlike Jun, Mingyu drive like a racer on a play but making sure to be cautious and careful with every turn and overtakes.

"Hyung..  "

Being called.. the elder divert his look on Mingyu who is smiling.

"Why..?"

The younger cleared his throat before he speak.

"Have you ever been in a relationship? Boyfriend..
Girlfriend. That stuffs?"

Jeonghan gave him an uncertain more like puzzled look.

"What's with the question Kim Mingyu?"

The pretty angel asked slightly chuckling.

"Well.. Maybe because you're older than us so maybe.. you.. you've already been in a.. you know.. commitment or something like--nevermind."

Jeonghan stay silent. It's not that he don't want to talk about it but.. Why does it have to be his lovelife?

Well.. On the other hand they can have a real conversation if he'll just brush the shyness away..

So he did..

"I did. A boyfriend."

Mingyu.. though look surprised because of the answer composed his self quickly and ask again.

"What happened then?"

"Since there's no such thing is forever.. we broke up eventually."

Jeonghan said casually.

"Did he cheat? "

"Naa.. He said Im boring.. So yeah.
He grew eager to let go and that's what I exactly did."

"He's a jerk then..."

It was almost inaudible to hear  but Jeonghan heard it.

"What do you mean?"

Mingyu look at him directly in the eyes. Worry less since the red light is on.

'Seriously.. This siblings has something for the eye to eye contact'

Jeonghan mentally said.

"He's a jerk for leaving such a pretty."

Mingyu said before smirking.

"Shut up and drive Kim Mingyu.. Im a guy not a girl."

...and Mingyu smiled teasingly.

They enter the door just to see Chan doing some paperworks on the salas.

"Hey baby Chan~"

The youngest just give him a quick smile and immediately went back to what he was doing.

'Aw.. My baby is busy..'

Mingyu and Jeonghan partways to their room.

The angel felt drowsy all of a sudden so he lay down for a moment.

Looking up on the ceiling on his new room.. his thoughts rewinded for a while.

'Huh.. This is far from what I've imagine my life would turn to..'

He was just this parentless working hard to comply his needs.. and now here he is.. Enjoying the cozy bed where he is laying right now.

Never worrying about the tuition fees and rents. Not bothering to wake up early at dawn to work early and go out of school just to work again.

He's already far away from the place he once called hell.. from the family who never were.

..but something crossed his mind.
He abruptly stand up and come to his drawer.

Papers with medical graphics are compiled in an envelope.

He sighed. He never knew about this. Not when he has no money to send his own to a hospital.

His hands are shaking when he look at the pictures of his inner organ.

It wasn't the first time that he studied it when he received it.. but it always terrified him.
 

'Why of all people..'

He sighed again. Placing back the results on his drawer. He then proceed to his wardrobe and get his towel and some clothes and put it on his bed before he proceed to the bathroom to take a shower.

The strawberry and vanilla scent filled the spacious cubicle with his body enjoying the warm water where he's drench in.

He took a look at the mirror in front of him.

'Huh.. Look at you.. You exactly look like a woman.. and damn those mutation for not working up to make it happen.'

Smiling bitterly against the mirror that reflect his angelical features.

He was bullied when he was still a kid because of how he look like.

Well.. being a kid with a lot of immaturity to handle.. his playmates find him weird because of how he look like a girl when his hair is still so short and jet black even.

'Alien'

'Weirdo'

'Ugly'

Those are the words that is always thrown to him.. but when sophomore days made it's entrance..

...almost all the people around him admire his ethereal beauty.

People find him attractive but he never paid attention to them.. He's too busy making his life livable.

After the shower.. He slip on his clothes. A white V neck sweater and a pyjama pants is what he decided to wear for the night.

He slid out of his room door when he notice Wonwoo's door which is found in the last room at the left side opposite from him.

It's slightly open.. he decided to ignore it thinking that maybe Wonwoo is just going to get something and will go out again..

... but he heard a loud thud followed by a groan.

Zero hesitation. He run to Wonwoo's room and swung it open.

"Woo..   "

There.. he saw the younger curling up on the floor clutching his head groaning slightly in pain.

He run to his side and quickly kneeled beside him before he grasp for the younger in his limbs.

"Hyung..  "

"Hey.. What happened? Where are you hurt?"

Teary and worried seeing the younger in pain.. Jeonghan felt panick rush in his vessels.

"My head.. It- it hurts.. "

"Ok.. Woo.. Let me help you ok.. I'll call for help.. wait here."

The worried Jeonghan said before he carefuly placed Wonwoo on the bed edge.

Jeonghan swiftly run down the stair and look for Mingyu or Jun..

Unfortunately no one except the maids are around. Chan is also nowhere. So he asked the maid for assistance.

"Oh.. Maybe his mind grain is on attack again. He's so helpless whenever it happens.."

The maid said also worried bringing some medicine and water on a bottle in hands.

'It must have been hard for him..'

Jeonghan bit his lips nervously.

They saw Wonwoo sleeping on the bed. His hair is at mess and his face is clearly on pain.

"I'll take it from here.. Thank you so much."

Jeonghan said politely to the maid before placing the things in hand to on the study table behind him.

The maid was about to go out of the door when he remembered something.

"Anyway.. Did you happen to notice Chan and his brothers?"

"Oh.. They drive out to order some pizza for the dinner. They tell us to tell you that when you ask."

Jeonghan nod understandingly.

He closed the door when the maid is already out of sight.

Attending back to Wonwoo who is letting out inaudible groans he caress the raven hair carefully.

"Hey..   "

He called softly.. but the younger won't open his shut eyes.

"Wonwoo..  "

He called again.. Still soft but louder this time..

Wonwoo open his tired eyes lazily.

Frown still on face because of the stingy pain on his head.

"Hey.. You need to take your medicine first.. You'll feel better after this ok.."

The angel on his sight said.

Jeonghan stop caressing his scalp to help him sit up.

He give the tablet and water for Wonwoo before letting him sleep again..

"It must have been hard for you.."

Jeonghan said worrying.

The angel hate the sight of anyone in pain. He never want to see anyone in pain. Not his Mother or his Father.

No one. He hate it.. because he don't know how to help them get rid of it.

His emotion always get the best out of him and it's hard to win against his heart.

He was about to stand up and leave when he felt a hand grip on his wrist.

"Hyung.. don't leave.. "

Wonwoo cried out while eyes closed.

The pretty male obliged.

"Ok.. I'll stay then.. Take your time."

Jeonghan smiled weakly.

The groans aren't that frequent anymore but whenever Jeonghan felt Wonwoo's hand squeezing his..

.. he know it already.

He remembered how music always help him sleep everynight whenever he's having difficulty in sleeping..

While caressing Wonwoo's head with his free hand he think of singing a song to soothe the younger and let Wonwoo sleep already..

"   ~uri meoreojyeoyo
geureom jabeum dwaeyo
meoreojiji anke
jabasseumyeon dwaesseul tende

ara geugeol ara geureochiman
geuge malcheoreom
swibji antaneun geol ara

geuraedo sigani jinamyeon jeomjeom
da ichyeojil suna isseukkayo
haengyeona dwidorabwasseul ttaen
i norael deureulge

mollae deutji marayo
deulliji aneul noraega dwaedo
geudael wihae mandeun i norael
mollae deutji mayo~  "

He felt Wonwoo's stable breathing and loosen grip indicating he's already asleep.

Jeonghan smiled.

'Success..'

He give a soft peck of kiss on Wonwoo's forehead..

"Rest well Wonwoo-yah.."

Jeonghan said before he stood up and quietly get out on Wonwoo's room.


 

The moment he's out he saw Jun on his room's door. He observe him for a while.

He look like having an internal bickering with himself because of the knocks that never happen because of hesitation.

Jeonghan somehow find it cute and amusing.

"Hey Jun.. "

Jun.. in a span of milliseconds look abruptly at him.

Looking puzzled.

"Ohh.. Wonwoo's having a mind grain attack so I took care of him for a while."

"Really?"

Jun attend to Wonwoo's door immediately and take a peek on the door.

He sighed when he see Wonwoo sleeping on the bed soundly.

"Poor Wonwoo.. Thanks hyung.."

Jun sighed worriedly.

"Naa.. It's fine. I still have to eat dinner and taste that pizza you bought."

Jeonghan winked. There he is again.. Mischievousness playing.

Jun somehow smiled.

"Yeah right.. we weren't able to attend Wonwoo because of that pizza. Let's go.."

Jun invite him wrapping his right arm on Jeonghan's shoulders as they walk side to side along the rooms.




 

"Hyung.. are you joining us in lunch tomorrow?"

Chan ask out of nowhere while they're having their dinner.

Jeonghan nod and smiled.

"Jisoo told me to join you guys everyday since we're classmates.."

"Wait. You're with Jisoo earlier?"

Jun asked with eyebrows raised.

Jeonghan look at him and nod again.

Jun's facial expression changed into a frown but continue to eat anyway.

"Is anything wrong with that Jun..?"

Jeonghan softly asked. Jun on the other hand shake his head lightly.. That was when Mingyu decided to get the angel's attention instead.

He know that his brother is not comfortable with the subject.

Jun and Jisoo don't see eye to eye.. physically and figuratively.

"Hyung..  Why don't you join some clubs since it's your last year in college already.."

Mingyu said as he bite on his food.

"Oh yeah.. You should atleast try hyung.."

The youngest said enthusiastically.

Jeonghan smiled.

"I'll try.. What's the best club anyway?"

"Dance club!"

"Sports club!"

"Swimming club!"

The three said at the same time.

When they notice it.. they glare at each other childishly.

"Ooook.."

Jeonghan awkwardly said.

"I'll join Music club then.."

"What?!"

"No way?!"

"Seriously?!"

 

The three again said at the same time.
Jeonghan laughed a bit because of their violent reactions.

"What..? I love music anyway.."

Jeonghan defended while giggling.

"Aww.. C'mon.. All the school vocals are there. Except Hoshi and Hansol and me.."

Chan whined.

"Really? That's great then.. "

"..And why is that?"

Mingyu asked pointing what's great in  music club.

"Well because first of all.. Chan's friend are there so it's good. Jisoo's also there too so I have one classmate on that club."

Hearing Jisoo's name.. Jun's eye twitched. He hate hearing that name.

"Anyway.. Jun is at the swimming club right? Wow.. Im not that good at swimming though."

Upon hearing his name on Jeonghan.. Jun smiled at the pretty male.

"Naa.. I changed my mind in inviting you in our club."

"Why is that so?"

"They'll mistook you as a mermaid not a swimmer."

Jun answered.

The three shake their heads in Jun's cheesiness but giggling anyway.

Jeonghan's sheepish smile said it all before he backfire at Jun.

"Yeah you're right. I'll capture a lot of hearts there.. Not to mention some hunks.."

Chan chuckled while the two stop eating and narrow their eyes on the mischievousness of their naughty angel.

"Yoon Jeonghan.."

Mingyu speak with warning on his voice. Jeonghan laughed at it.

"Why so protective anyway? Im the eldest here right?"

"Naa.. You should avoid guys around you. You're dangerous.."

Jun said shaking his head.

The naughty angel laughed again.

"Ooohh.. Look at this. I have a very protective dongsaengs. How sweet."

"Aish. Seriously hyung? Making fun of us? Now?"

Chan whined smiling.

The dinner they had was good. It was actually totally fine since they discover the evil side of their angel.

It's his naughtiness.

They all set theirselves to sleep.

Mingyu, Jun and Chan's room are at the left side of the second floor in the house while Jeonghan's and Wonwoo's is on the right side together with the guest room.

"Good night hyung.."

Chan said before pulling away from Jeonghan when they're already at the second floor. While Jun and Mingyu are behind them still in the stair.

"Good night baby Chan.."

Then a soft sound of peck in Chan's forehead came.

Chan smiled like a child before he head to the other direction leaving his hyungs on the stairs.

"Good night guys.."

Jeonghan was about to walk away when Jun said something..

"Ya..  Where's our good night kiss hyung? We're your dongsaengs too."

Jun said obviously teasing Jeonghan with his pout and puppy eyes.

Mingyu on the other hand want to laugh at his brother's demanding act but prefer to ride on with him.

"Right.. We should also have that good night kiss though."

"You two.. Seriously?"

Jeonghan asked. That's no problem for him anyway.. It's just that he didn't expect these two to act like Chan..

"Ok then."

Jeonghan said. Meanwhile.. Mingyu's eyes widened while Jun smiled despicably.

"You'll do it hyung?"

Mingyu asked. He thought Jeonghan will just dismiss it but no. The angel since at the top stair and both of him and Jun is on a lower position.. Jeonghan is standing taller in front of them.

The angel quickly peck their foreheads with a smooching sound like they're kids and Jeonghan is the mother giving them their goodnight kiss.

"Sleep well kids.."

Jeonghan said before entering his own room leaving the two who are stuck on their place.

"Did he just call us 'Kids'?"

Jun asked when he finally snapped back to reality.

"I guess so.."

Mingyu replied and walk ahead.

"Im a grown man though.."

Jun said and follow Mingyu's track.

***********************************