30 - Thank you

Who Are You?

Chapter 30 - Thank You

The next couple of weeks were tense. The Christmas event was approaching therefore Jisoo became more and more nervous. However, it helped her to get counseling. She started to see Mr. Lee again and he was more than happy to see how Jisoo’s life changed. He had been worried sick about her because she didn’t come in weeks. Hearing that she finally resolved her misunderstandings with Yoongi made Mr. Lee happy. He even suggested that Yoongi should tag along with her. To Jisoo counseling was nothing for crazy people. To her it was a way of dealing with everything. It was a way for her to talk to someone about her deepest thoughts without having to be scared of the judgement. She knew she wasn’t crazy, but therapy was not just made for mad people.

“I think it’s important for both of you. I understand that both of you are trying to be as truthful to each other as possible, but I think not talking about your brother will not make it easier on you”, Mr. Lee said.

“Just thinking about him makes me sick… Because of me Seokjin and Yoongi had to endure more than they were able to handle. I don’t want to cry anymore… I don’t want to blame anyone anymore… I can’t turn back time”.

“When did you last see your brother?” Mr. Lee wanted to know.

Jisoo remembered it exactly. “It was when I found out that his feelings for me were deeper than I knew. I argued with him and then he vanished and never showed up again…”

Mr. Lee wasn’t quite sure weather Seokjin was just a product of Jisoo’s imagination or if he was some sort of an angel. However, he was certain that seeing Seokjin in her times of need was important for her healing process. It didn’t matter if he was real or not, he was still there for Jisoo whenever she needed him.

“I just wish I could see him one last time… at least to tell him how sorry I am. I want to tell him that he doesn’t need to worry about me anymore. I want him to know that I’m going to find happiness”.

“I believe that you will get the chance to do so when the time is right Jisoo”, Mr. Lee cheered her up. Jisoo had almost forgotten how good it was for her to talk to Mr. Lee like this. He helped her heal her wounds and she could tell him things that no one else would understand. Come to think of it Jisoo felt a little guilty. She never told Yoongi that she kept seeing her brother after his death and she also never showed him Seokjin’s diary. Jisoo was afraid that he would blame himself again. Deep down however, there was another reason… She had been so happy with Yoongi lately. They were preparing to make their relationship public, while enduring all the media news lately that weren’t even accurate. Jisoo feared that Yoongi would change his mind if he read the diary. She was afraid he would think she was crazy if she told him about Seokjin. Even though they promised to tell each other everything, there were still some unspoken things between them.

When Jisoo didn’t have these dark thoughts, her life seemed to get back to normal. She kept her grades up and had fun at school with Jennie. The group of friends kept meeting regularly and Jisoo just loved it. Dancing with her girls made her forget her worries, playing with the boys made her feel like she was finally belonging somewhere and being with Yoongi meant the world to her. She wanted to spend the rest of her life with him.

The closer the event was, the more doubts Jisoo had though. It’s not like she ever lied to Yoongi, but not telling him some things made her feeling depressed. Yoongi had been noticing it and wanted to know what was wrong several times, but Jisoo always said that she was nervous due to the event. Friday night the friends met again. This time they met in the girls’ practice room. They wanted to prepare the last steps.

“So as all of you know, tomorrow is the annual charity event” Jennie announced. “We prepared great outfits for our power couple and Yoongi should be an expert in answering weird reporter questions by now. I want to thank everyone here for helping us to make this possible…”

“Don’t you think your overdoing it a little?”, Jungkook laughed.

Jennie however just glared at him: “Let me finish my speech… Anyways what I’m trying to say is, from tomorrow on everything will be a little different. Still I don’t want it to get to close to us. The people in our school will finally shut up and only be jealous of Jisoo, and Yoongi will be the most famous High School student for a little time. As soon as everything cools down it will be fine.”

Jisoo had to smile. Jennie was more excited and even more nervous than Jisoo and Yoongi.

“What she’s really trying to say is, good job everyone. But don’t worry… nothing will change and we’re going to stay together” Yoongi interrupted her.

“We’re a family after all” Hoseok agreed.

The boys started to applaud and Lisa and Chaeyoung joined as well. Jennie was a little annoyed at first because her amazing speech didn’t go the way she wanted it to, but in the end she just had to laugh as well. It was a great night. They ate food, played games and didn’t even care about the event anymore. Finally, they could relax. Finally, they could just be themselves again. Jisoo wasn’t that carefree though. The event was the next day, but there were still these doubts inside of Jisoo’s head. These little dark demons tried to bring her down again, but she had to fight against them. She obviously couldn’t sleep all night. She was awake for hours worrying about the next day. What would happen to their relationship after the media knew everything about them? What would happen to them if Jisoo never told him about seeing Seokjin? What would happen if Yoongi looked at her with different eyes after showing him the diary? Jisoo couldn’t do this anymore… She texted Yoongi in the middle of the night to tell him to come over to her house the next day. They promised to tell each other everything and now was the last chance for Jisoo to make things right before anything could get out of control.

The event would start around 7PM at night. Jennie had obviously come up with a plan. Jisoo and Yoongi would come with their parents for the press to see. Before they would go in Jennie would come to the red carpet as well and take pictures with her two beloved friends and then the big reveal would take place. It sounded like a great plan. This way the pictures were proof enough without having to answer any questions from reporters. It would proof their relationship and also proof Yoongi’s social status. Jisoo didn’t even care about all of this, but Jennie made her understand that it was important for both of their parents and for the image of Jennie’s family company as well. She was right… Only good things would come out of this event, which was why Jisoo agreed in the first place.

Shortly after lunch time Yoongi came over to her house. Jisoo’s mom just opened the door for him and let him in. He had been over a lot lately, and Jisoo’s parents didn’t even say anything when he spent the night. They never even said anything about the unused guestroom. Her parents definitely knew that Yoongi was sleeping in Jisoo’s room but they never complaint. Jisoo was happy about it. They probably noticed how much happier she was when Yoongi was with her, which was why they allowed him to stay. It helped a lot that Jisoo’s parents liked Yoongi a lot too.

“What’s so urgent?” Yoongi asked. “Don’t you girls need much preparation time for styling?” he joked. Jisoo however didn’t laugh. She just sat on her bed looking at him with scared eyes.

“Jisoo… what’s wrong?”

“You know I love you right?”

“I… I love you too… but why are you making that face?” Yoongi said perplexed.

“Did you ever see one of these Hollywood movies, where the bride gets cold feet a few hours before the wedding?” Jisoo started.

Yoongi was confused. “But we’re not going to marry yet” he said. Just the word “yet” made Jisoo’s heart go crazy. That was proof enough. She had to tell him.

“Yoongi… there are things I haven’t told you yet… but I think I have to tell you right now before I’m going to regret it afterwards”.

“We’re not going to break up right?” Yoongi asked in a trembling voice.

“That depends if you still want to be with me after I show it to you” Jisoo responded.

“Show me what?” Yoongi asked. Instead of answering Jisoo got up from her bed and took out the USB stick from her drawer. Her parents were just about to leave to get their hair done for the evening, therefore there was no one left in this house but them. The house staff had a day off today as Jisoo’s parents decided that it was not necessary to eat before the charity event. Jisoo took Yoongi’s hand and took him to Seokjin’s room. Ever since Jisoo broke down in his room she never entered it again, but she had noticed her parents sneaking in from time to time. It showed Jisoo that her parents did love Seokjin, they did care about him… they just had a different way to show it. Even though Jisoo didn’t go in again, she knew that the door wasn’t locked. She let go of Yoongi’s hand an opened the door. Just stepping in made her feel warm tears falling down her cheeks. Seokjin’s room looked like he was still here. Nothing moved its place. It looked as if he would come back home every second. However, Jisoo knew that this wouldn’t happen. She walked over to his desk and his laptop. Then she plugged in the USB and opened the one folder no one knew existed. Only then she noticed that Yoongi was still standing outside of the room. She turned around to look at him. His entire body was shivering.

“You should come in” Jisoo said all choked up.

“I… I don’t think I can…” Yoongi said. He sounded afraid. Why was he afraid? Why was he still blaming himself? Just why? Jisoo was frustrated.

“I want to show it to you”.

“You already told me what’s written inside” Yoongi argued. He knew exactly what Jisoo was talking about, which only signaled her that he did think about it. Him not coming in made it even clearer to her. He had to read it now. Jisoo stood up and dragged Yoongi in. She placed him on Seokjin’s chair right in front of the laptop.

“It’s different when you read it yourself. I want you to read it all…” Jisoo said and sat down on Seokjin’s bed. She saw Yoongi’s trebling hand on the computer mouse as he went through the diary. Jisoo had no sense of time anymore. It felt like she had been waiting for Yoongi to read for hours. It made her so nervous that she couldn’t even sort out her feelings of being in Seokjin’s room. Then after an endless time of waiting Yoongi took out the USB. He had it in his hand while looking that the picture of Jisoo and Seokjin on the corner of the table. Jisoo didn’t dare to speak.

“What now?” Yoongi asked. Jisoo couldn’t answer. She was scared. She didn’t want to lose him, but she didn’t want to keep the secret from him any longer. Finally, Yoongi turned around to face her. Tears were falling down, which made Jisoo cry as well.

“Did you really think…” Yoongi started. Jisoo’s stopped breathing. “Did you really think anything would change after I read this?” he said. Jisoo knew what he meant. Even though he still thought it was all his fault, he wanted to continue to be selfish. He wouldn’t break up with her and it made Jisoo feel relieved. However, there was still her last secret she had to tell him.

“There’s something else I need to tell you…”

“Something else?” Yoongi asked while drying his tears with his hoodie.

“I’ve seen him from time to time... He’s like a ghost haunting me. He’s trying to tell me that it wasn’t our fault, but I don’t know if that’s just my subconscious trying to convince me. Maybe I’m trying to create a different truth to justify me sleeping in peace at night… I know you might think I’m crazy, but he’s there… I know I might not be sane, and I also know that my mental state is burdening you even more, but I just had to tell you…” Jisoo said. She couldn’t continue talking and just looked at her hands folded in front of her. She was trembling. She noticed Yoongi coming over sitting next to her. He took her face in both of his hands to make her face him, but she just couldn’t meet his eyes.

“Jisoo look at me!” Yoongi demanded. Jisoo looked at him, but seeing his confused eyes just made her feel worse. She started crying. She just couldn’t control herself any longer. Yoongi put Jisoo’s head on his shoulder and gently caressed her back. Seconds and Minutes passed by without knowing how long Jisoo was crying on Yoongi’s shoulder. There was no energy left in her body, but she had to face Yoongi. She moved away a little from him only to find him silently crying as well.

“I’m sorry”, Jisoo said.

“Why are you sorry? None of this is your fault. You don’t deserve this”, Yoongi answered.

“I understand if you don’t want to go to the charity event tonight, you don’t have to…” Jisoo started but Yoongi interrupted her.

“Yah! Kim Jisoo! This changes nothing, do you understand?” Yoongi said while taking Jisoo’s face in both of his hands. “We are going to the event today, we’re going to show all these annoying people in your school that you’re strong and that nothing will take you down ok?”

“But I…”

“I don’t think you’re crazy Jisoo. We will work it out together, don’t worry about it” Yoongi tried to comfort her. Jisoo couldn’t answer and just nodded. Yoongi kissed her on her forehead and finally let go of her face. “I don’t want to leave you alone now, but I think I should go and get ready. The event starts in around 3 hours and I still need to go back home…”. Yoongi stood up but still looked at Jisoo. He was hesitant to leave. “I’ll see you later ok?”

Jisoo stood up and hugged him tightly. Feeling his strong hands on her back comforted her. “I’ll see you later…” she said.

After Yoongi left Jisoo was still kind of confused. She wasn’t sure if she was burdening Yoongi even more or if she should just feel relieved for his reaction. She knew she didn’t deserve him. He always supported her and always stayed by her side even when he shouldn’t. She just wondered if he left so quickly because he didn’t know what to think anymore or if he really needed the time to prepare himself for the event. Jisoo dried her tears and started to get ready. Even though she was sort of out of practice her make up was perfect. She decided on a long, strapless dress. It was blue just like the sea… Soon after her parents came back home to find Jisoo waiting for them in the living room. Her dad was overly excited about her look and even her mom had teary eyes, which was not common for her. Jisoo wasn’t sure if they were proud of her or if it was something else but right now she didn’t care. She just wanted to make Seokjin proud. She had told Yoongi her biggest fear and worry, but he still stayed by her side. Nothing could bring her down today.

Their car slowly arrived at the venue. This was the moment Jisoo had been preparing for. She texted Yoongi to tell him that she almost arrived. It seemed as if Yoongi’s family would be arriving at about the same time as well. Perfect! Jisoo was ready. As they arrived at the venue, her parents got out of the car first followed by Jisoo. The reporters seemed to be especially interested in how Jisoo was doing but she ignored the questions and just posed with her parents for the pictures. Looking at them no one would know that the family went through hard times. They looked like a perfect family and it hurt Jisoo. It was as if it was the most normal thing ever that her brother wasn’t there with them. She felt like crying but she had to control herself. This wasn’t right, but it was important for her parents’ career. Jisoo’s was tense but then she finally saw Yoongi and his parents getting on the red carpet. Jisoo could see that Yoongi felt uncomfortable in his eyes but no one else noticed. They took some pictures and then the moment she had been waiting for was there. Jisoo’s dad cheered her on an put his hand on Jisoo’s back before her parents went inside. Yoongi and his parents approached her. His parents just smiled at her and nodded and then went inside.

“You look absolutely beautiful” Yoongi said while looking at her. Jisoo blushed. He looked amazing as well in his black suit. They posed for the pictures and it felt as if it was the most natural thing to do. Of course, the attending media had a billion of questions, but they didn’t answer any of them. Then Jennie approached them from behind.

“I’m sorry but I’ll have to crash your gross couple picture” Jennie joked. Jisoo was glad, the awkward part was almost over. The three friends took some more pictures with the reporters and finally went inside. Jennie was stunning as well. Her dress was a little shorter than Jisoo’s. The red color made her look a little like a real princess.

“We made it guys! Everything went well I can’t believe it!” Jennie announced happily. Jisoo just looked at Yoongi smiling. She didn’t let go of his hand. The rest of the evening was nothing special for Jisoo and Jennie. Yoongi did feel a little awkward but the two girls helped him out as much as possible. Jennie arranged for the friends to sit at the same table, this way it was easier to do some networking with the business partners. However, it was only to make a good impression for all of their parents. The three were just decoration.

Jisoo and Yoongi’s parents went home at some point but Jennie convinced her friends to stay longer for the party. They danced all night until they didn’t feel their feet anymore. Eventually they went to Jisoo’s house. Yoongi had been sleeping over so much, Jisoo felt strange when he wasn’t there. She still couldn’t understand her parent’s approval, but she obviously didn’t mind. It was such a long and eventful day and it felt as if she didn’t sleep in months after she finally took of her makeup and was ready to sleep. Yoongi was already half asleep when Jisoo came back into the room. As she crawled under the blanked Yoongi pulled her closer.

“Actually, it wasn’t as bad as I thought and you looked so beautiful, I couldn’t stop looking at you”, Yoongi mumbled.

“Yah! Min Yoongi, what’s gotten into you?” Jisoo giggled and snuggled even closer. She loved his smell, his warmth, his embrace, simply everything. “Thank you… for always staying by my side” Jisoo whispered.

Yoongi kissed her on the forehead and said: “I always will”.

Sunday they just spend at Jisoo’s house relaxing, watching movies and talking. The news articles were very diverse, from naming them the most powerful teenage couple in the country to pointing out how both of them were not fit to be next generation leaders. Honestly, Jisoo didn’t care a bit. Now the whole country knew about Jisoo’s happiness. Now they finally didn’t have to hide their relationship anymore, finally Jisoo was truly happy.

Monday morning Jisoo was in the spotlight again at school. People whispered about her nonstop, but Jisoo didn’t care. No one dared to say anything, not even her classmates. It seemed as if they were ashamed for their behavior and it made Jisoo feel a little victory. Kim Jiwon turned around. Jisoo was surprised as he had been ignoring her for the last couple of weeks. Jennie was convinced that he had a crush on Jisoo and therefore he was heartbroken.

“He’s a good guy Jisoo, don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise”, Kim Jiwon said. Jisoo was thankful to him. Finally, the only classmate she considered some sort of a friend talked to her again. Lunch break was just the same. Everyone talked about her. Jennie however, was so happy about everyone’s reaction. She was such a good friend. Jisoo still wondered what made Jennie the way she was. Jennie was probably richer than half of the students in this school, however she wasn’t arrogant at all. If someone from external would see Jennie and Jisoo together, Jisoo would be the one to appear like a spoiled brat and not Jennie. Jisoo was sure that Namjoon had a lot to do with it. She was sur that Jennie saw Namjoon as something else than just a friend, which made her think about people and privileges a lot more, as Namjoon never had any of these. The week passed by quickly and Jisoo couldn’t wait to see Yoongi. Friday after school when Jennie and Jisoo went out of the school building, everyone was still talking about the event. It was a little annoying for Jisoo, but Jennie still enjoyed everyone’s jealousy. To their surprise Yoongi was waiting outside of the school building. He didn’t wear his school uniform but his usual ripped jeans and a black jacket. The weather was too cold for him to wear stuff like that but Jisoo was so perplexed for him to stand there. Other students looked at Jisoo and Yoongi and started mumbling things again. Jisoo however, was so happy to see him. She ran towards him and hugged him tightly. She didn’t care about the other student’s looks. She knew that half of them felt bad for saying things they were regretting now, whereas the other half was simply jealous.

Jisoo felt as everything was finally OK. For the first time she was able to really breath. It didn't feel as heavy as it used to. Finally she could just be herself without having to care about anyone’s opinion. She finally felt free…

 

Epilogue

After the charity event, Jisoo and Yoongi were in the spotlight for a few weeks. It was OK, as they have been preparing for this. Even their friends were in the media quite often, as the public just wanted to know everything about and around them. Of course, it bothered Jisoo, but there was nothing she could do. At least they didn’t need to hide their relationship anymore. In school Jisoo didn’t change much. She didn’t really get involved with her classmates and only ate with Jennie at lunch time. Her classmates however changed a lot. It felt as if they wanted to make up for their behavior towards Yoongi. Jennie was so happy about it. Everyone came crawling to Jisoo on their knees but Jisoo herself didn’t even waste a breath on these people. She had been disappointed in them for too long already. When she needed to be there for Seokjin, all of her so-called friends left her behind. When she had a hard time after her brother died, none of them even called to check up on her… not once. Now they were trying to get on good terms with Jisoo, because her boyfriend turned out to be someone with power and connections. Jisoo thought it was pathetic. At the same time she felt sad for these people, but she didn’t want to waste to any thoughts on them. It was her life and she would live it the way she wanted it. She would try to accept her guilt and enjoy her life, just like Seokjin wanted her to.

Yoongi and Jisoo were happier than ever. However, their demons were still around them. Jisoo continued to go see Mr. Lee and sometimes even Yoongi came along. It helped both of them to stay sane, as Jisoo sometimes felt as if they were living in their own little bubble. Mr. Lee helped them to see the reality again once in a while. He believed that both of them still needed time to process everything. Their relationship was built on a constant reminder of their wrongdoings, at least that was what both of them thought. Talking about it with Mr. Lee however helped them to sort out their feelings slowly.

When Jisoo was with Yoongi she always felt, that he was trying to refrain himself. He still felt guilty; therefore he never made the first step. Jisoo however didn’t care, she was selfish enough to take the first steps herself. Whatever she wanted, Yoongi would never deny it on her. These were these unspoken things between them. Both of them felt guilty, both of them struggled on the inside, but being together was probably the only way for them to survive this time in their lives. The first Christmas without her brother felt especially sad. Yoongi joined Jisoo’s family as he never spent Christmas with his own parents anyways and he knew that Jisoo needed him.

Just like that the weeks passed and a new year arrived. They only had a few months left in High School until they would graduate. They talked a lot about the future. Jisoo was still set on becoming a doctor and already applied to University. Yoongi decided to try to pursue his studies in music, because Jisoo convinced him that he was good enough to do so. Both of them were scared. What would happen to their group of friends? Where would everyone end up? Both of them were so worried about their friends, that they sometimes didn’t recognize themselves. Especially to Jisoo it was weird. She never cared about others, but ever since Seokjin left her, her entire life turned around. At times though she randomly started to cry, as something reminded her of her brother. Yoongi was always there to support her. She couldn’t describe how thankful she was to him. He made her talk about her brother more than she wanted, but it was good for both of them to talk about Seokjin in his good but also in his bad days. What bothered Jisoo the most was that she didn’t see her brother again. At the same time she had never gone to his grave ever since he left. She felt as if it was really a goodbye if she would visit his grave. She still couldn’t accept it….

One night Yoongi wanted to tell Jisoo something. Jisoo didn’t know what was going on and just followed him through the city. They ended up on the bridge. It was the place where Jisoo told him the truth and also the place where Yoongi jumped off once. Jisoo knew this from Seokjin’s diary, but Yoongi never told her directly and Jisoo didn’t dare to ask him. She was sure he would tell her when the time was ready.

“I guess you know what this place means to me…” Yoongi started. Jisoo couldn’t answer.

“I ended my old life here because I was just sick and tired of it. I thought if I would just end it all, the pain and the hopelessness would fade away. But everything that followed was even worse. I’ve never felt such despair. I had met a new friend that finally understood me, but then he left. However, I was given a new life when I met you again on the streets. I knew that it wasn’t a mere coincidence so I just let it happen. Ever since I met you, my life has a meaning again. I know this might sound dumb, but I think I survived because I had to meet you”.

Jisoo couldn’t speak. Yoongi usually didn’t say such things to her this straight up. She knew he loved her more than anything, but Yoongi wasn’t someone who would tell her all the time. He would rather show her with small gestures that only Jisoo understood. Her heart skipped a few beats and tears of happiness filled her eyes. Yoongi stood right in front of her and kissed her forehead.

“I just want you to know that I’ll always stay by your side. Whatever might happen in the future we’re always going to be there for each other.”

“Why are you telling me all this now?” Jisoo wondered.

“It’s a new year… the last year has probably been the worst year in your life and in my life as well. We’re both broken and we know that. However, I want this year and the rest of our future to be filled with happy moments. I know it’s going to be hard and I know that both of us need to accept certain things in our lives and about each other, but I’m ready to go on that journey with you”, Yoongi continued. He took something out of his pocket and put it in Jisoo’s hand. “I swear, one day I’m going to give you a real one, but let’s finish school first”, Yoongi joked. Jisoo didn’t understand right away. She opened her hand and saw a beautiful ring on the palm of her hand. Without hesitation Yoongi took it and put it on Jisoo’s hand. Jisoo couldn’t breathe. It was a as if time stopped for a moment. She couldn’t speak, she couldn’t even move. All she could do was look at her hand and cry. Yoongi embraced her tightly. Finally Jisoo could move again. His warmth made her wake up from her statue like state.

“Yah! Min Yoongi!” Jisoo sobbed.

“I love you Kim Jisoo”, Yoongi said while smiling at her.

“I love you too”, Jisoo whispered.

They just stood there for a while just feeling each other’s warmth and comfort. Then a voice that she knew all too well said: “Finally I can go…”. It was Seokjin’s voice.

Jisoo was startled. She turned around only to find her brother leaning over the railing and looking at the two. Did she finally go crazy? Or was he really there? She forgot about Yoongi standing there for a second and approached her brother.

“Why are you only showing up now?” Jisoo asked while tears came out of her eyes.

“I just wanted to check on you one last time. You’re finally yourself now. You don’t need me anymore and that’s good”, Seokjin explained. Jisoo couldn’t interpret his eyes. There was happiness and pain at the same time.

“I will always need you Jin”, Jisoo said.

“You’re independent now. You don’t need anyone anymore, but still you found friends and a partner that will always be by your side”, Seokjin comforted her. Jisoo took another step closer.

“I’m going to leave Jisoo and you have to accept it”.

“I don’t want to!” Jisoo screamed, while even more tears came out.

“At least come visit me from time to time”, Seokjin said smiling. “Min Yoongi… you better keep your promise. I trust you with this”, Seokjin joked. Jisoo finally realized where she was right now. Yoongi had just promised her to stay with her for the rest of her life but then her hallucination of her brother interrupted it. Did that mean she was crazy or that she wasn’t? She looked back at Yoongi. He just stood there shocked with tears in his eyes.

“I will…” Yoongi answered. He saw Seokjin too! Did this mean her brother really was an angel or some sort of ghost? She had no idea. Jisoo looked at Seokjin again.

“I guess my time here is up… I’m happy I can go in peace” he said mostly to himself. Then he looked at Jisoo again. A tear ran down his cheek. “I love you Kim Jisoo…”

“I love you too” Jisoo said and she really meant it. Both of them felt a different kind of love for each other but it was real. Jisoo wanted to touch him one last time and took a step forward. She would’ve been able to reach him, but her brother slowly vanished. Jisoo could do nothing to stop him.

Her brother was gone, forever.

Jisoo broke down on her knees a cried an endless waterfall of tears. After a while she felt Yoongi’s warmth around her. He embraced her tightly, while he was crying himself.

After that night, Seokjin never showed up again. He was gone for good this time. Yoongi was sure that he still kept watching over them, which was why they decided to visit his grave regularly. The two talked about this night often. It was proof that Jisoo wasn’t crazy, it was proof that something like an afterlife did exist and it was proof that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with Yoongi. He understood her and he never judged her. Both of them were broken inside but through each other they were able to slowly heal. The world wasn’t perfect, but it wasn’t that bad. They had a long way to go, but they would take every step of the way together.

 

~END~

 

 

Thank you so much for reading till the end! I hope you liked the story, even though it was a bit depressing and sad at times. I’m also sorry for killing Seokjin, even though I love him more than anything… it just felt right for the story and we all know that he’s doing well in real life <3