Slumber City

Solstice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Slumber City

Lisa

We came to a stop in front of a large wooden gate with a symbol of a tree, a viper and a crescent moon imprinted in the middle. I slid down Nyx’s back before Dahyun smiled at me and nodded indicating I should enter. When the gates opened, I was greeted by a beautiful environment. 

Something I never wished I ever get to see. 

The lands were pastured and the grasses were green. Tall trees shaded the pathway, houses made of strong wood, and citizens were donned in leafy emerald metallic clothes. 

“Walking.. flowers..” I slowly came to say as I observed a beautiful maiden that awfully looks like a person. 

I carefully took a step walking towards a tree following the girl. 

“Ow!” 

“Ahh!!” I squealed and fell on my .

“A-are you a tree?” I slowly asked the moving figure of a tree.

Dahyun helped me stand up. 

“They are properly called Nymphs, princess. They are maidens and spirits that also lives here in your Kingdom.” Elpis explained to me.

“I’m sorry I stepped on you.” I said as I touched the nymph tree. 

It suddenly grew apples on her branches. 

“Oh my, it’s you you’re highness. Don’t worry about it and Thank you for the apples.” She said astonished. I smiled in reply. 

“She’s one of the many Dryads here.” Dahyun whispered. I nodded and continued to walk along the pathway.

I watched as some residents hovered their hands on shrubs, making flowers bloom at will. 

“Wow..” I uttered. 

“Greenwardens or Greenys is what we usually call someone who has the ability to manipulate plants. Growing them at will..” 

“Are they the one who created the safe haven we stayed on earlier?” I recalled. 

“Their type, yes. But not them specifically, those Greenys’ who created the haven are Artemis’ special maidens. They’re the highest house of Greenwarden’s. Usually with royal blood, like you.” Dahyun explained. 

I nodded in full understanding.

“In your Kingdom Princess, it’s divided by 2 major cities. On your left is the City of Iris.” Elpis showed me a beautiful green city beneath the mountain we’re standing on. 

“It’s named after the Goddess of Motherhood, Magic & Fertility. They are in charge of nursing the newborns, babies, animals & cultivating all kinds of plants for food and for medicines. Blessed by Artemis herself, the Goddess of the Moon and Nursing. Your guardian and the other wolves, grew up there.” Dahyun explained as Nyx wagged his tail watching over the city. 

I watched as some nymphs was hovering their hands through the shrubs of vegetable plants spraying water out of their palms. 

“Cygnets, are nymphs who manipulates water. Those are Vipers, who manipulates animals..” Dahyun explained after noticing my gaze.

I shifted my gaze over to the Vipers when one girl was waving her hand slowly in the air as Viper snakes followed her every move. 

I miss this place. I’m so glad to be home.

I heard a voice speak again. I tried to look back at Nyx who was still looking over the city. 

“And on our right is the City of Thoth, after the Egyptian God of the Moon, Wisdom, Astronomy & Magic.” Dahyun explained turning my attention back. 

Apart from the bright and youthful aura of the City of Iris, City  of Thoth was the complete opposite. It’s dark, gloomy, and bright colors of smoke dusts came out on each fire tops. 

“All witches, sorcerers & wizards hone their powers and witchcrafts in Thoth. They create potions & spells for healing, and there are factories for medicines to provide for our allied Kingdoms like Enyalius. At night, City of Thoth is much livelier, because they work much better with their astrological symbol, the moon.” 

Dahyun continued to explain as I observed the citizens practice. Often times transforming to animals or various people.

Shifters.

I recalled Dahyun explaining she has that ability. 

We heard one resident cackle at her companion which turned into a frog before her.

I chuckled at the sight. Some were teleporting from various areas of the field. I remember Nyx having this ability. 

“Your father King Asclepius, is a mixed God. He is the God of Health & Medicine, and God of Darkness & Shadow. Because of this, it’s natural that his daughters attain some of his powers. Jennie Selene & Rosie Aurora are both Vipers. And they each possess different other abilities. And you, your highness have showed being a Skonos, Greeny and Telkie so far.” 

“Is there a possibility to possess mass amounts of abilities?” I queried.  

“Good question. It’s rare, but yes there is and it needs proper training. The maximum for a single person to have an ability is 5 so far in century and he’s King Dias’. The only other one nearing 5, is your father King Asclepius, who has 4.” Dahyun answered. 

“Come, princess. It’s time to meet your father.” She said ushering me forward to the castle with Nyx trailing behind. 

It was glorious in size. Knights bowed down as I entered the gate. The hallways to the throne room was huge, the ceilings were beautifully painted and designed with rhinestones and green gems. It seemed like we have the entire galaxy in the ceiling.

I eyed the every detail.The painted stars were blinking as if it was the night sky. It was glorious and nothing I’ve ever seen before. 

I watched as Nyx walked away from us. 

“Where are you going, nyx?” I called on to him. 

“It’s okay. You’ll meet him again later.” Dahyun assured me as she stayed by me while we entered the throne room

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter