Swords & Magic

Solstice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Swords & Magic

The princesses’ first night beautifully ended for the three Kingdoms while the next hectic and brutal training days and months awaits.

The sun rose beautifully all over the Kingdom of Dias. Where all creatures and beings started another day of various tasks and trainings. 

A loud blow horn rang all over the palace of Enyalius. Jackson instantly barged in Robin’s suite uninvited. 

“Rise and grind, soldier!!” Jackson greeted as he head over the curtains and shoved them open to let the light shine in. 

Robin shuffled under the covers and grumbled under her pillow.

“5 more minutes.” She mumbled. 

“A soldier is always alert and prompt.” Jackson stood over the edge of the bed with his arms in his hips. 

“And always an hour early. I’ll let you off the hook this time since it’s your first day at training.” He said as he pulled the covers off of her. 

Robin’s hands searched for her covers despite her face still hiding under the pillows. 

Jackson jumped on the bed, recalling how Raven would do it to wake her up for her classes in the mansion. 

“Raven stop jumping!” Robin grumbled before she lifted her head up and turned her head.

Her hair was disarray. She grumbled to find Jackson beaming down on her. 

“You don’t want to receive another warning later on and receive punishment for further misbehavior.” Jackson continued. 

Robin hid her head back under her pillows. Jackson snickered at the sight. He knew how Robin is hard to wake up in the morning.

“Don’t I get princess rights for these things????” She mumbled. 

“You heard your father princess. And you even agreed, must I remind you. That you will only be treated a princess if you gain respect and honour of one.” He reminded. 

Robin groaned while her feet shake in refusal.

Jackson gripped Robin’s ankles pulling her away from the bed before she even grabbed her headboard. He scooped her up carrying her like a sack. 

“Hey!! Put me down!!!” Robin squirmed under his hold.

“I’m just giving you a boost.” Jackson said as he brought her in the bathroom.

“Now wash up, you should be down in about 10 minutes.” He said as he brought her down.

“I can’t get ready in just 10 minutes?!!” Robin whined. 

“Well, you should’ve if you woke up an hour early. Come on, move your . The clock is ticking!!” 

“Ugh!!!” Robin groaned as she hurried herself inside the bathroom to wash up and get ready. 

 

***

 

Meanwhile at the palace of Horae, a harmonious bell rang the entire palace indicating it’s early morning wake up call. 

Queen Irene knocked on the door and quietly strolled inside Jisoo’s room. She pressed on one of the remotes to slowly open the curtains and letting the smooth sunlight in. 

“Harmonia? Sweetie? It’s time to wake up.” Irene said with a sweet soothing voice as she caressed Jisoo’s hair as she woke. 

Jisoo turned slowly while batting her eyelids open to see her mother smiling sweetly down on her with the ray of sunlight at her back. 

My mom’s definitely a goddess.. 

Irene heard her thoughts and scoff out a laugh. 

“Good Morning, Mom.” Jisoo beamed upon seeing her mother. 

“Good Morning, my love. It’s time for your classes.” Irene said smiling sweetly at her as she watched Jisoo sat up straight, stretch and rub her eyes awake.

A soft knock then came from the door. Jinyoung’s head peeking before he stepped in with his arms crossed on his back. 

“My lady? Breakfast is ready.” Jinyoung said. 

The side of his lips curled into a half smile. 

“Good Morning, princess” 

“.. Morning..” Jisoo tried to avoid his gaze, still feeling awkward. 

Irene carefully observed the two, gazing back and forth before looking back at the General. 

Have you spoken with her?

Yes, your highness. 

And you sure you told her everything about your identity. 

Yes, your—

“Can you two possibly not.. telepathically communicate in front of me.” Jisoo stated. 

“I can see your faces, I know you’re conversing in your heads.” She continued. 

“I apologize, sweetheart.” Irene smiled back at her. 

“Now, come along and have your breakfast. Jinyoung will be with you the whole time for your lectures and will train you himself. If you have any problems, I’ll just be in the garden.” Irene directed.

“Now, go wash up or you’ll be late.” She continued before she stepped out of the room leaving the two alone together. 

“Had a good sleep?” Jinyoung queried, trying to break the awkward atmosphere. 

“Yes, thank you.” Jisoo said before stepping inside the bathroom to wash up as she closed the doors behind her. 

Jinyoung sighed a breath after he was left alone. 

“It’s gonna be a long day.” He uttered. 

 

***

 

A blazing hot fire arrow shot past Robin’s right arm causing a deep slit catching her in a surprise. 

“Ow!!!” She exclaimed as she held on to her arm. She hissed as she saw it bleed. 

Jackson scoffed as he continued to lead her in the training area. 

“Hello??? Aren’t you going to do something about this??? Help me??? First aid kit???” Robin asked as she held on tight to her arm.

“Help you with what?” Jackson said walking ahead without looking back at her. 

“This!— what the?” Robin was taken aback when she saw her arm completely healed. 

Bobby teleported to his side, walking along side them. His toothy grin beamed at Robin who was trailing along. 

“Good morning, princess.” He uttered. Robin dipped her chin in acknowledgement. 

“Again, you’re a royal immortal.” Jackson started to explain.

“Your body regenerates and heals on its own when attacked by a mortal weapon. You heal faster because your blood is more stronger and it’s royal. The unfortunate immortals regenerate a bit slower that’s why they usually need help from the Skonos’ of Hecate.” He disclosed. 

“Lisa’s Kingdom..” Robin mumbled as she recalled to herself.  

“Who?” Bobby asked Jackson.

“Oh um.. Uh.. what’s her real name again..” Robin spoke to herself as she tried to recall Lisa’s name.

“A-achelois?” She guessed.

“Ah, yes, the Moon Goddess.” Bobby nodded. 

“So does that mean we don’t die?” Robin said hopping faster to keep up with Jackson and Bobby’s pace. 

“From mortal weapons, yes. From immortal weapons and certain abilities, highly..” Jackson answered.

“And the only thing that doesn’t heal back is our hearts. So protect it while you can.” Bobby continued. 

“Wait, so.. why don’t I heal faster when I was at the Mansion? I always get scrapes and cuts when I was younger.” Robin queried the two.

“Well, your immortal blood and abilities are sustained in the mortal world, the minute King Asclepius of Hecate washed your childhood memories, he also seized your immortal blood through his spell that only lasts until the time comes that you girls are going to come home. It helps so Dias’ army wouldn’t find you through your scent. So.. let’s say you were disguised as a mortal for the time being.” Jackson explained as they reached the training grounds. 

“We were attack back at the mansion while Dahyun was fetching us. Some wolves caused turmoil. Was that because the spell was wearing off?” Robin recalled. 

“Yes and because you were slowly developing your abilities. You get stronger day by day especially now that you’ll be 21 in a few months.” Jackson explained. 

Another slit came through Robin’s arm. 

“Ow!!! Can you stop that?! Whoever is doing that?!?!” She yelled getting annoyed to whomever was shooting arrows past her. 

Jackson and Bobby chuckled watching her demise. 

They stopped at the middle of the training ground before turning their heads back to their youngest recruit. 

“Daughter of an Ares’ blood, definitely.” Bobby chuckled. 

“Your senses are poor today. I think you haven’t been fully awake yet.” Jackson said. 

“Remember, you are a theian.” 

“A what now?” Robin asked bewildered while her arm slowly healed again. 

“Theian. Theian’s have good visions as their abilities. They can see and spot enemies miles away.” Bobby continued. 

“Most Theian’s in the Kingdom are skilled archers.” He disclosed. 

“Now concentrate. Look around.” Jackson instructed Robin. 

She furrowed her brows while her eyes roam around searching. 

“What am I.. suppose to find?” She trailed in thought.

“The culprit to your demise..” Jackson replied. 

Her quick wit came to her realizing she needs to look for an archer somewhere in the Kingdom. Her vision was extraordinary, she can see people from miles away. 

By a nearby shield reflection, she saw a soldier, lean and in armoured suit, in hiding in one of their towers from a far. He had a bow in his hand and a fire place beside him. 

Jackson and Bobby watched as she took a steps forward the stacks of weapons and equipments. 

She got a bow and arrow that was hanging on a rack before she slowly stepped back without turning her head over the soldier in the tower. 

The men observed her intently, curious to what she was about to do next. 

She smiled before she raised her bow pointing towards the tower as she monitored the soldier by the reflection. She pulled the bowstring armed with the arrow before she breathed and lets go. 

The arrow shot through the tower and lunged towards the wall behind the soldier before he ducked seeing it fly through his direction. 

Jackson and Bobby cackled loud seeing their fellow soldier in surprise. 

“Serves you right, Yunhyeong!!” Bobby yelled over the poor soldier who stood back up peeking.

“I was just playing with the princess.” He defended. 

“My apologies, your highness!” He then said to Robin who smirked. 

“That’s Yunhyeong, he’s a Theian and an Archer of the Crimson Guard. He’s one of you who is gifted with good sight. You will be training with him soon.” Jackson introduce. 

Robin suddenly looked curious. “Is..” She started. 

“My ability connected somehow to Raven?” She recalled the incident in the woods. 

The two men looked back at each other. 

“Because, I remembered that I saw his vision above when he transformed into a bird..” She laid out. 

“Ah.. y-yes..” Jackson stammered. Bobby was looking pleased their General was anxious. 

“Your guardian Raven is born to have his abilities in sync with yours, to be able to match and work well together in battle.” He continued. 

“Ah.. where is he then? Don’t we need to practice together?” Robin queried.

“He.. He’s..” Jackson looked back at Bobby hoping for help. 

“He’s also in training.. Wolf.. training.” Bobby spoke in behalf. 

“Wolf training.” Robin repeated.

“Yes, they have.. their own trainings. For now, we need to see the abilities that you alone can do.” Jackson illustrated. 

 

***

 

After a long celebratory feast last night, Lisa is forced to wake up in the morning to practice her powers. 

Although, not her strongest time of the day, her abilities can still manage to work in day time. 

“Welcome to Greeny’s beginner class 101!” Dahyun said in front of just two students in front of her. 

“We’ll start off slow. You both know well by now that Greenwardens has the abilities to manipulate plants.” Dahyun said as she gave them each a pot of soil. 

“They can grow plants at will. Letting plants sprout faster, bloom brighter and bigger.” She explained as she gave them each a seed. 

“Now, bury those in the pot of soil, and try to grow it.” She instructed the two. 

Bambam dropped the seed in the middle of the pot before burying a soil on top. Lisa followed carefully patting the soil on her pot.

Lisa watched as Bambam hovered his hands over the soil until a little sprout of plant appeared. She smiled seeing his abilities work with him. 

She laid out her hand and tried to hover over the plant. Her smile faltered when nothing happened. 

“Concentrate, princess. You can do it.” Dahyun cheered her on while she watched along side Bambam. 

Lisa looked over to the pot in front of her before Bambam leaned in. 

“Think of how it will sprout and until it grows.” He said a tip. 

Lisa tried again and hovered over the pot. She smiled when she saw a small sprout suddenly emerged from the soil. She thought hard bringing her hands up until the sprout grew into a bud of a rose, with leaves slowly emerging from the stems. She hovered her palm on top her fingers spread urging the bud to bloom. 

The red rose beautifully opened in front of her eyes, healthy and bright. 

“See, a natural.” Dahyun beamed as she proudly watched over Lisa’s ability. 

 

***

 

“Apple?” Jinyoung offered an apple after buying it at one of the food stands in the city of Horae. 

“I just ate. I’m still quite full. Why are we here with lots of people? I thought I have classes today?” Jisoo queried their surrounding. “Are we cutting classes? I’m telling mom. You know better that, you shouldn’t joke about this!” She exclaimed. 

Jinyoung laughed aloud hearing her banter. 

“Don’t worry we’re not cutting classes, this is your first lesson.” Jinyoung disclosed after his laughter died down. 

“O-kay..?” She drawled. 

“You see, I observed you a lot in your classes when you look out the window after reading a book before the class even started. It was noisy and there’s a lot of people. You always seem to look distant and in dazed.” Jinyoung explained as they walked around the city passing by random citizens of Horae. 

Jisoo recalled her days in the Mansion when she’s attending classes where she always leisurely looks out the window.

“That’s because I was just dozing off. Like.. daydreaming.” She explained back to him. 

“Yeah, but did you know that was because of me?” He pointed out. 

Her head shot back up his direction. 

“And back at the woods, when we were under attack. Your surroundings calmed and the noise decreased almost to a mute.” He explained. 

Jisoo recalled the abilities she has learned so far. 

“A sounder, is one of my abilities. I am capable to manipulate sound, allowing to silence, muffle or intensify a sound.” Queen Joy disclosed. 

She closed her eyes and breathed when slowly the noisy rush of the river flowing silenced, the birds chirping outside flew by soundless, and it was complete and utter mute in the surroundings. She snapped her fingers and the rush of sounds engulfed back into Jisoo’s ears. 

“Sounder..” She mumbled. 

“That was you?” 

Jinyoung nodded as she caught up. 

“Every gua

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter