Strike

Solstice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Strike

“Wait, I can explain.” 

Jackson voiced as he took a step towards Robin retreating to the light. 

“No.” She uttered, stunned and cold. 

Robin just witnessed him shift under the moon light. The cold lake water glistened his toned body. His cargo pants hung low, the v shaped indentations in his hips were prominent through his muscular torso. 

He was a sight for any maiden, for sure. He can make you think he’s a son of the Handsome God, Apollo or a descendant of Aphrodite.

But she felt otherwise. 

Enraged and betrayed was surely her emotions. Played as a fool. 

Jackson hurriedly stepped out of lake and strode towards her retreating frame as he pulled his top back over his body. 

“Robin, please you don’t understand.” He begged with full sincerity in his eyes, hoping for a descendant of an Ares’ blood to calm and listen. 

“What don’t I understand?” She gritted her teeth snapping back at him. 

He knew very well that wish of her to calm was futile, foolish and stupid. He knew what was about to come. He can smell off her emotions right off the bat. 

She was fuelled with fury and confusion. 

“Don’t.” She said uttered showing a hand for him to halt his steps.

“I am enraged and utterly confused right now. But it’s not rocket science for me to understand what I just saw.” She fired. 

Jackson was just a few steps away from her. 

“Please let me explain..” He started not waiting for her to stop him. He knew how she was impatient. 

“I was under strict rules and an oath to protect you as your guardian.” He disclosed, searching her eyes for any hope of the Robin he knew. 

“I should’ve told you sooner after right when you turned 18, but I was a coward. I was too afraid everything will change between us.” He continued taking cautious steps nearer. 

“Y-You..” She stammered.

A memory came to her back in the castle. 

 

I grabbed a bread on a basket nearby when Jackson surprised me when he caught my wrists. My brows furrowed while I felt my dad watch us on the side. 

He replaced the bread I was holding with a different one before letting go. 

“What’s wrong with that bread?” I asked. 

“It has raisins.” He stated while I still mentally note how deep his voice is before he proceeded to help himself with some food. 

I was stunned. I barely know this guy and he seems to know this about me. 

“H-how..” I uttered. 

 

She clenched her fist, digging her metal claw accessories in her skin, hoping to be distracted from the pain inside of her. She felt a tinge of sting when her skin scathed from her claws forming crescents.

“I’m a coward. I’m sorry.” Jackson uttered now a foot nearer. 

“No! You played me for a fool!” Robin exclaimed lifting her fist on his chest. “You had your chance of revealing yourself to me earlier but you still kept it for yourself!!” 

She knew punching him was futile because of his impenetrable flesh but she did it anyway for her sake. Jackson just allowed her to release her fury upon him. 

“I feel so betrayed and stupid!!” Robin uttered trembling while her tears rolled down her cheeks. 

Jackson raised his arms hoping to embrace her but her reflexes pushed him away. 

“No no no stay away from me.” Her breath staggered from her sobs. 

 

***

 

Back at the outdoor pubs of Hecate, the moon was covered by dark clouds. 

“Where is Robin? She’s gonna miss the drinks.” Lisa said sitting down on the bench beside Bambam.

“Why is it suddenly cloudy?” Jisoo asked aloud bewildered at the sudden change of weather. 

“Might be some storm witches practicing..” Bambam reasoned before glancing back to the skies arriving back with Jinyoung holding glasses of Ambrosia alcohol cocktails.

“Last time that happened was back at the mansion..” Jinyoung recalled. 

Jisoo cocked her head to the side trying to recall the memory. 

“When?” 

“You girls were arguing. And before you showed your signs of being a Silencer.” Jinyoung explained to the group. 

“Robin..” Jisoo said connecting her brows in realization.

 

***

 

“I didn’t mean for it to go this far. I waited for a right timing.” Jackson insists to hold on to her as Robin stepped back away from him.

“Don’t! Touch me.” Her fury was ignited from shame and betrayal. Tears after tears rolled down her now crimson cheeks.

“I was trained as a General to protect you and I wasn’t supposed to fall in love with you..” He confessed. 

“Bull!!” She exclaimed. The lightbulb above her head bursted beneath his eyes. 

The storm above them hovered the skies, dark and angry, mirroring her emotions when a clap of red colored lightning and thunder formed. 

Robin felt the buzz of electricity in her palms begging to be released but she weren’t briefed about this somehow making her conscious and wary. 

Jackson studied her and the lightning above them before he stepped in closer. 

“Don’t touch me!” She exclaimed. 

“Robin, listen to me. You have to calm down first. I think this lightning is because of you.” He said growing conscious of the dark skies above them. 

“Stop changing the topic!!” Robin said pushing him away with his palms slightly electrocuting him. 

“Ahh!” He sighed feeling the fury of Robin’s palms in his chest, warm and familiar. 

Electricon

He thought. It’s the ability he knew very well off having had bad history w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter