Dangerous Eyes

Solstice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Dangerous Eyes

Lisa

The week has passed and I’ve definitely getting a hang of this magic thing. Being a greeny made sense to me remembering how my favorite place in the mansion was the greenhouse tower. 

I suddenly missed those plants I’ve taken care of. I hope the kids watch them for me. 

But magic was another thing. It had spells. It needs concentration and focus. You can’t mix up any words or it might be dangerous. And we don’t want any of that. 

Healing was one of my abilities. A skonos healer, like father. Yet they said I’m more powerful than him because I have the ability to resuscitate or revive the dead. But it needs more training. I recalled back at the mansion seeing those dried wilted flowers almost ready to be plucked. I thought water was just the solution. Little did I know, it was me. 

But, that’s the thing. Dried flowers are one thing, but a person’s life? I’m not sure if I can handle it. 

I’m scheduled for another class with Dahyun for today. I’m actually running late. I was at the library of our castle trying to read as much of our history as I can. 

I passed by a hall hearing the voice of my sisters as I cradled our spell book in hand. As curious as I always am, I tried to take a peek on what was going on. 

They were inside one of the conference rooms in the castle. A lot of distinguish nymphs and sorcerers of Hecate, their houses, that Jennie made sure I knew of as well as our own, were seated around a big table. 

Other guests were listening over my sisters who was leading the meeting. They looked different, especially for Rosie who was for once, serious and professional.

There was Sorn, the youngest of the Crystal Witches, a petite woman who you wouldn’t have thought could be a witch, around my age, at the far end seated as a representative while their mother was away. 

“.. Do we have a lot of Vegetable stocks this month to be delivered to our allied Kingdoms, Lord Ten?” Rosie asked over to the lean lord in Black and Green military uniform, their house colors.

Lord Ten, the young bachelor representative for the house of telkies, was seated on the other side of Sorn. I recalled from Bambam that he is one of his friends and he’s to be around our age as well. 

“Yes, your grace. The green wardens of Iris have harvested enough to be sent out this month..” He answered in a proper manner. 

Throughout the weeks, I’ve taken various classes on how to address people in the Kingdom, especially as my title as a princess.

Jennie usually leads the “Princess” classes with me. I need to learn how to walk, talk, breathe like royalty.

There’s etiquettes, manners, being articulate, able to be well-spoken and literate, blah blah blahhh~ 

And don’t get me started with the languages too! I have to learn greek-latin as well so I can pronounce spells easily. 

“.. atrox melior dulcissima veritas mendacis..” I carefully articulated in front of a podium in front of the empty class room. 

“Menda-ci-is.” Jennie corrected while she walked around the room with her hand often properly resting in front of her. 

It’s part of the practice to speak coherently and loud enough until the people at the back can hear. 

“Atrox melior dulcissima veritas mendaciis..” I repeated confidently.

The bitter truth is better than the sweetest lies, it translated. Often times in Latin classes, I read a book out loud and I take out the lines I think that struck me most. 

This particular one was one of my favorite. I’d rather get hurt from the truth than be fooled from white lies. I appreciate brutal honesty more than ever. 

This went on for the past week, although not my favorite classes, I still enjoy it since I get to bond a bit with my older sister. She’s in fact, truly not who I thought she was. 

She’s intimidating at first but that’s just how she really is. I gave her a pot of flowers I grew once after a Greenwarden Class with Dahyun. She smiled brightly accepting it. It was the first time I saw her gummy smile and it assured me that she’s the softest and most sweetest person there is. 

I took my steps back remembering I was running late for a class with Dahyun when I bumped into someone. 

I almost yelped when he transported me instantly far away from the halls to not cause a distraction. 

Jumper

I recall the ability. My wolf, Nyx, is a jumper, which again was nowhere in sight by daylight. He sleeps in my room at night and he’s always gone by morning. I’m just not sure where he runs off to every time I notice him gone. 

“Dahyun has been looking for you, princess.” He said as he let go of my arm after teleporting me to a quieter area far from the conference room. 

“Bam, I told you to call me, Lisa.” 

“Right. I forgot.” Bambam said scratching his nape. 

“Let’s go?” He said beckoning me towards the lecture rooms. 

I dipped my head following him as I proceed to my classes. 

“Sorry I’m late!” I said as soon as Bambam and I arrived the room. 

“Had a detour.” I disclosed as I sat back down with my spell book in hand. 

“Ok, I’ll let you off the hook today” Dahyun eyed me with a warning before curling her lips into a smile. 

“Let’s start off shall we?” 

Today was harnessing powers, controlling them as I go. 

I breathe in deep focusing on a spell on my mind as I faced a dummy in front of me. 

“Crystallum.” I uttered. 

A strong surge of ice cold feeling sparked in between my hands. 

“Ack!!” 

I stumbled back into one of the tables behind me. Bambam teleported on my side assisting me back to my feet. 

“Are you okay, Lisa?” 

“Y-yeah..” I said still dumbfounded at the feeling. 

“It’s an ice spell. You can use it to strike enemies freezing them into ice. It’s not on it’s full power since you haven’t mastered it yet.” Dahyun explained. 

“It felt full..” 

I said glancing over my hands. 

“That’s because it’s your first time to feel it. Don’t worry, you’ll get the hang of it.”

She assured. 

“Let’s try again. Use that dummy doll as your target. Try striking to freeze it.” She instructed.

I turned my gaze forward back at the dummy in front of me before I closed my eyes again to focus. I felt Bambam stepped back giving me space. 

I felt my breathing slowly, hearing myself inhale the air with a hum. 

The wind started to breeze strongly inside the room indicating my meditation working. 

“Crystallum”.” I uttered again as I tried snapping my fingers trying to direct the feeling of freezing cold to the snap. 

I looked down on my hands as it started. 

This time the freezing cold is sparkling in my fingers, cold fog was emerging throughout my hands. I feel the drop of temperature but it was containable. My spine was up straight my foot step back balancing my stance.

“Good, that’s it. Feel it getting stronger and bigger.” Dahyun encouraged. 

The wind was gushing in strongly while Bambam struggled on to a table to hold him down. I focus my gaze back on the dummy doll in front of me. My eyes lit up purple in a reflection nearby. 

“Crystallum glacio!” I exclaimed as I struck my hands forward. 

I was surprised as I managed to do more than just freezing the doll. My hands blew up fiery ice crystals towards the dummy doll into fine snow including the rest of the room open making a huge hole in the wall. 

This surprised the other witches in the other rooms practicing. I looked over the hole seeing everything that it froze as it passed by. A cold fog engulfed our room causing a small snow fall inside. 

“Oops..” I said after seeing some others being accidentally frozen from my grasp.

“Sorry!” I said after some people stared back at us through the hole agape. 

 

***

 

Robin

I got out of my room seeing Jackson at the far end of the hall while Eris ran swift circles around him while Enyo was clinging on his back, his toothy smile was evident. They haven’t noticed my presence yet.

Jackson waited for the right timing before gripping my Swift brother and embracing him into a hug while he tickled his sides. Eris’ sharp giggles echoed the halls and I find myself smiling stupidly at them. 

Jackson spots my figure before the side of his lips tug into a smile. 

“Good Morning.” He mouthed. 

And I suddenly felt my heart beat fast and my stomach filled with butterflies. How can he easily do this to my emotions? I don’t even get why I flushed easily from such a small gesture. 

I caught him scoffing at my expression almost understanding how I felt. 

I shake off the thoughts away and proceeded with the day. 

I followed Jackson outside the castle as he brought me into one metal workshop. I looked around seeing various equipments and weapons hanging around the area. 

“Welcome to Hephaestus’ metal workshop. Most magnetron works in here, creating armours and weapons for battles for us and our allied Kingdoms.” Jackson shared as he extended his muscled biceps gesturing to the workshop around us. 

Not that his muscles were one I took more notice of than what he just said, but.. You know. It can’t be help when he’s just wearing a very fit 3/4th sleeved black top. 

It was dark and cluttered. Various types of metals and tools were everywhere. A huge fireplace was at the far end of the workshop where some workers heat up some metals. 

I spot some magnetrons weaving metals on the side forming them into shields, some shuffling pass by us after they bowed in front of me as they proceed to work.

“Hanbin!” Jackson called out a familiar name. 

Hanbin’s head popped out behind a metallic divider. His eyes grew as he turned his gaze towards me. 

We soon heard some metals crashing as he tumbled out of his small work place clumsily in a brown leather apron kicking a bucket of metal before jumping to us smiling widely while he fixed himself. 

“He’s one of our soldiers and a lieutenant of the Crimson Guard.” Jackson introduced us formally. 

“H-hi, princess.” Hanbin stammered. 

“We’ve met.” I smiled friendly over to Hanbin who seems to not be listening to what Jackson has said. 

He raised his hand for a shake before Jackson grabbed on to it with his own hand with a stoic expression.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter