Dawn

Solstice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dawn

Jisoo

The day after we saved Robin had me in all sorts of worry. 

Now I know who I’m up against. This time, I need to know more how to outwit him in his game. 

If Lisa haven’t learn how to override Mark’s ability to Whisper with a spell then we would’ve been in a big trouble that night. She says it’s just a simple spell to momentarily seize his focus but he could instantly work on it again. 

But I have to know how to silence him first. 

Entering the silent stone chambers where Robin got locked up was fairly easy for me since I’ve trained to get my heartbeat match against the silence. But I felt how strong it was especially for Jinyoung beside me that night who was trying not to falter in front of me. 

I made sure I held his hand to keep him on his senses while we had Robin taken out of the chambers. 

What surprised me later was Mark only flinched at my abilities. I just caught sight of a bangle in his wrists blinking at a light as he resisted my ability before I pulled off. 

I disregarded the memories in my head after I dodged my mom’s attack. 

“HAH HAH HAH!” Queen Joy exclaimed every time I counter attack.

I heaved a breath after taking a quick break. 

We were gathered at Horae’s gymnasium while I trained with my mothers Joy and Wendy. 

“Woah, Mom. You’re good.” I said handing her water. 

Queen Wendy came in beside me as she dabbed my sweat dry with a towel after she threw her sister one.

“It’s her favorite sport.” She explained. 

“I’m a natural at it.” Joy said proudly after dabbing herself with a towel. 

“Yeah, but you still can’t beat me.” 

Queen Irene’s voice spoke up as she entered the premises with her casual silk gown. 

“Oh please sister, I can beat you in that gown any day.” Joy challenged. 

I beamed at my Mom’s bickering. I love seeing this side of them just being sisters. It reminds me a lot of how Lisa, Robin and I usually banter. 

“I can beat you with one hand and in my gown.” Irene challenged proudly as she strides inside the gym with grace.

“Game on.” Joy accepted. 

“You may wanna sit beside the bleachers with me on this one, sweetheart.” Wendy said pulling me over to her side to sit down. 

“Are they really going to do this, Mom?” I queried. 

“Of course, we don’t usually approve violence. But we do love a healthy challenge once in a while.” Wendy explained. 

“No abilities, just pure karate and martial arts, okay?” Joy said over to her sister who just dipped her head in full understanding. 

“Ready?” Joy challenged as she steeled herself. 

“Whenever you are, sister.” Irene said calmly as she hid one hand behind her back keeping her bet.

Joy yelled as she charged over to Irene. She was about to kick but her sister stepped aside making her stumble to the ground. 

“Sorry.” Irene beamed seeing her sister get pissed. 

I snickered beside my mom who too was enjoying the ordeal. 

Joy went back in and used all her moves to attack Irene who still dodges every attack with just one hand. I was amazed by my mom’s impressive skill. Even in her long white gown, she could still dodge and work her way through her sister’s attack. So far, Queen Irene wasn’t hit in any part while her sister got hit, kicked and nudged throughout the round. 

Queen Wendy banged the gong beside us indicating the end of the battle before she gave them a round of applause.

“Well done, sisters. Good show.” She said while lightly clapping. 

“That was so cool Mom!!” I cheered from my seat. Queen Irene curtsied beaming widely at her spectators.

She doesn’t look a bit tired while my other mom catches her breath as she laid on the ground flat. 

I wished to see more of these soon, especially if we make it to our fates at the Solstice. 

 

***

 

“Come on Bobby, one more round!” Robin called out one of her instructors who was already walking away after rounds of sword fighting. 

“I’m tired Princess.” He said.

“Bobbyyyyyyy.” Robin whined cutely. “Aren’t you bit curious who can beat who???” 

“But you’ve beaten me already!” Bobby argued. 

“Well then let’s see if I could beat you again!!” Robin beamed. 

“Try Jooheon.” Bobby lifelessly suggested poor Jooheon who was peacefully eating a ham. 

“Let’s play tag??’” She beamed at the large soldier before he walked away from her. 

Soldiers were already refusing to practice with Robin since she was getting competitive and persistent each day especially after she was rescued from Dias.

“HAH!” Robin said after rounds of Arnis with Hanbin.

“How about 20 out of 20???” Robin beamed. 

Hanbin glared as he walked away just like her other instructors. 

“Bin??” Robin called out. “Hanbiiiiiiin” She whined. 

“Have a great day, Princess.” Hanbin bid as he continued to walk away from her. 

Robin stomped her feet growling. Yunhyeong, one of her young archer instructors just passed by. She grinned at him but he was frightened and ran away. 

“AAAAHHH!!!” He yelled running to his escape. 

“Yunhyeongiee!!!” Robin yelled running after him. 

“No! You almost hit me!!” Yunhyeong ran for his life with Robin still persistently running after him. 

“That was one time!! It was a slip!! Enyo pushed me!!” Robin persuaded. 

Yunhyeong ran even more faster until he was almost farther away from her. 

“Yunhyeoooonggieeeeeee!” Robin whined. 

Jackson snickered seeing Robin helplessly call on to his soldiers to help train with her as she stood by and watched from afar. 

 

***

 

Jisoo and Irene was on one of the yoga temples overlooking the large body of water in their Kingdom one day. It was a beautiful and peaceful afternoon nearing the sunset. The two were doing yoga to calm their minds. 

Jisoo stole a quick glance on her Mom as she meditated. Irene felt her looking as she smiled and turned to look back at her. 

She faced forward after they exchanged smiles. 

“You should be careful with Mark.” Irene warned changing the atmosphere. 

“Now that you’ve met your betrothed, you know a fraction of what he could do.” Irene disclosed as she gazed over the ocean as the sun is starting to set. 

“After I heard about him using his Whisper ability to let Robin walk on glass shreds just makes me angry.” Jisoo shared. “Who would do something like that?” 

“He’s a smooth talker but have an estranged heart.” Irene shared. “Especially when the burden of being a son of Dias and being rejected was on his weight.” 

“You’re very much alike when it comes into battles; you both look kind on the outside but very powerful on the inside.” Irene continued to elaborate. 

“One thing you guys don’t have in common is your pure and genuine heart.” She disclosed as she turned to look at Jisoo who was listening intently. 

“If your heart has pure and genuine intentions, you will have no problem in battling any one that comes your way.” Irene said turning her body to face her and placing a strand of hair back into Jisoo’s ear. 

“I believe in you, Harmonia. I know you can do this.” 

Irene then leaned in to kiss Jisoo’s forehead as they watched the sunset together and another nightfall came upon the Kingdom of Horae. 

 

***

 

The night didn’t end early nowadays. 

Strong late full moon nights a month later, especially during free hours, the girls conducts their own secret practice meetings at the castle of Hecate. This has been going on for weeks and days whenever they are free. 

They secretly plan their own strategies as they study their special abilities and skills.

Lisa continuously taught herself all kinds of spells even the ones written in blood, that are forbidden and also that are far too strong for her. 

“You.. sure this is safe?” Jisoo’s face soured at the book.

“Won’t hurt to be aware of these, right?” Lisa said to the girls. 

“I don’t know man.. this seems sketchy..” Robin soured seeing the bloody spell book Lisa was reading. 

King Asclepius knocked by the door jolting the girls by surprise.

“Lisa, sweetie, have you eaten dinner?”

“In a minute dad!” Lisa replied hushing the girls to stay silent. 

“Okay, just don’t forget to eat something alright?” He voiced outside the door.

“Ok, dad!” Lisa continued to ignore her Dad’s cry of care for her well being. 

They resumed as soon as they heard his steps walk away from the door.

“Ok so, it says here that there are some abilities that can be combined together.” Lisa said reading the full latin book.

“Like what Rosie said before.” Robin recalled. 

“Exactly.” Lisa nodded. “Like when we created an electric snow ball.” 

“Electric snowball?” Jisoo cocked a brow.

“It’s real cool, here we’ll show you.” Robin beamed. 

In seconds Lisa started her snow ball orb while Robin sparked her hands with electricity. Jisoo watched patiently to the side while they combined their abilities together. 

They struck their hands over to the dummy nearby and it blew into snow shreds in seconds after a surge of electricity flows through it. 

“Wow..” Jisoo uttered. 

“Right?” Lisa beamed back. 

“Now okay, this also said that it requires a type of amethyst crystal that I’m still not able to understand. But I’ll read more into it soon.” She shared. 

“What is it for?” Robin asked. 

“It says here it helps harness it more.. I think. And it protects the usurper.. But it’s like an optional case as well. We can use it with or without the crystal.” Lisa explained. 

“Without it then.” Robin concluded easily for them earning chuckles in the room. 

“Now okay, what we need to do is to know how we can add Jisoo in with our abilities.” Robin then announced. 

“I’ve been meaning to get to that.” Lisa said to the group. 

“Remember back at our MSAT’s, when you silenced the Typhon?” She then turned her gaze towards Jisoo. 

“Yeah, why?” 

“Did you know you glowed back there?” Lisa reminded.

“Yeah, it’s like you were inside your own bubble” Robin added. “You couldn’t hear us either.” 

“Yeah.. I remember.” Jisoo said in thought. 

“What’s that got to do with adding my ability with you two? It’s contradicting either way? I’m bound to silence abilities and interacting with yours would silence you guys too.” She then argued. 

“Yes, but that’s the thing.” Lisa smiled. “That’s why I got this book.” 

“Did you know that there was a spell created by the three powerful sorceress back centuries ago called the Bermuda Triangle?” She then shared to the girls. 

They shook their heads in response. 

“Well, just like the real bermuda triangle in the ocean, it mysteriously shipwrecks or pull the direction of airplanes that flew by inside of it.” Lisa continued on. 

“I’m.. not catching up.” Robin drawled. 

“One sorceress used her power to life out of their fleet slowly draining their energies. While the other two gathered their powers enough to strike them into ashes.” Lisa narrated. 

“They formed into a shape of a triangle and it brought them to their victory.” She added. 

“We don’t have to interact our powers. But your silence glow should be enough to out abilities of enemies into draining their energy.” Lisa said over to Jisoo. 

“Just like what Robin did to the typhon, exploding it with her lightning. I’ll add my orb in to help increase power.” She suggested. 

“Sounds dangerous.” Jisoo commented. “How can we use this in the Solstice. I need to focus well when I harness that glow.” She disclosed.

“Oh! There’s also something here for you.” Lisa shared. “You can actually have Jinyoung inside the glow with you.” 

“What? How?? Back at the woods he couldn’t even penetrate it on the outside?” Jisoo probed.

“Yes but you can grow the glow with Jinyoung if you link up with him.” Lisa disclosed. “This is one of the perks of the Guardians with us.” 

“So how?” Jisoo asked. 

Lisa read the book. 

“The one thing that’s sure here is when they.. mate.” Lisa shared shyly sharing glances to the girls. “The disclosure of it is also when there is full stablished trust between their Guardians.” 

“So I can also link my ability with Jackson then?” Robin queried following her. 

“Much stronger now that.. you’ve.. you know..” Lisa shared shyly. 

A flush rose on Robin’s cheeks. 

“But I still wouldn’t get him into this. It might hurt him.” Robin shared.

“Your call.” Lisa answered. “That’s the only one that’s clear here. But Jisoo still can execute it with Jinyoung even if.. you know..” She added.

“Why did no one tell us this before?” Jisoo then asked.

“Because there was never a close instance to use it.” Lisa answered. “The only war that will yet to happen in this century is the Solstice war upon us.” 

“This is written in blood for advanced battle strategies that are extra dangerous but always successful when executed properly.” She continued. 

“Do you think the rulers will actually tell us about this when it’s really dangerous for us? Tell us that “Hey, sweetheart, how about making love to your Guardians to enhance your abilities more?” huh?” She then pointed out to the girls with a joke. “Why do you think I called you all here in secret?”

“You have a point.” Robin chuckled.  

“It’s still far too dangerous.” Jisoo said wary. 

“I’m just saying for precautions and if and only if we don’t have any other options to make.” Lisa said. 

The girls glanced at one another deciding on their thoughts before they dipped their heads.

“Alright.” Jisoo nodded. 

“Okay, when do we meet up next?” She then asked finishing up their little secret meeting.

“Tomorrow?” Robin queried.

“I have both spell and healing classes tomorrow.” Lisa disclosed. 

“Day after that?” Robin followed.

“I have heart training. How about this Friday?” Jisoo motioned after. 

“I have arnissss” Robin whined. 

“Oh my god. The solstice is a month away! How can we practice now??” Robin said her sentiments. 

“I guess I can excuse myself for this weekend?” Jisoo negotiated. The girls both turned to Lisa.

“Let me see.” Lisa said as she gestured in the air and a mist of her schedules showed before her. She then crossed off her weekend schedule out.

“There. Cleared.” Lisa beamed after fanning of the mist.

“How about you Robin?” Jisoo then asked Robin who was already grinning.

“Please, no questions ask. I love cutting classes.” She replied smirking cheekily at their plan. 

They all bid their goodbyes and headed back home by portals to their Kingdoms before anyone looks for them. 

 

***

 

The following day Robin was at Hephaestus’ Workshop with Hanbin again to find solutions for her abilities. 

She took a sheet of copper turning it into a bow while she steel herself.

“Oh.. I don’t think that will—“ 

“Ack!!” She exclaimed after surging her electrical abilities within her grip towards copper letting it fall to the floor.

“Work..” Hanbin continued after Robin didn’t listen to him. 

“Ughh.” She uttered as she sat back in her seat. 

“Copper is the most conductor of electricity. It hurts extra if you use it.” He then disclosed to her sullen frame. 

“Copper looked well on my dress at the wedding. I thought it would’ve been special if it worked with my electricon abilities now..” She pouted. 

“Hemera where are you?” Enyalius’ loud voice rang across the room. 

“Here!” Robin raised a hand behind the metallic divider. 

“Come let’s train with Jackson.” He called for her. 

“Copper is just pretty for weaponry and style, princess.” Hanbin smiled in pity while he reformed her bow for her while she retreated away from him. 

“Thanks ‘Bin!” She beamed before she trailed behind her father. 

 

***

 

Jennie and Rosie watched Lisa practice her powers one early full moon night. 

“You’re far more better than Jennie was on her training days.” Rosie commented while watching Lisa generate elements from her palms. 

“Shush it Rosie.” Jennie glared at her sister which had her cackle. 

“Why? What happened?” Lisa said whilst holding her book while her other hand was levitating an ice ball. 

“She burned father’s hair.” Rosie disclosed cackling out loud. Lisa chuckled hearing her disclosure. 

“You should’ve seen father’s face. It was hilarious.” Rosie continued to share. “He had to ask the witches for a hair growth potion.” 

Jennie chuckled as well recalling their training days. She then noticed Lisa’s notebook beside her and she couldn’t help but take a peep while the two were chatting along.

“Magnum lumen.” (Big glow) She muttered to herself. 

“You know, Lisa.” Jennie spoke momentarily breaking the chitchat her sisters were having. 

“I’m still not in favor of Harmonia harnessing and executing the silence glow at the Solstice. Yes, it’s powerful, and would diminish your enemies faster. But in return this will give you three great danger. Her life too.” She explained.

“But Jennie, that’s just one of our last options.” Lisa argued.

“I know, I know. I’m not saying you shouldn’t do it either if you don’t have any other choice.” Jennie assures her with her approval. 

“But there’s something you can do to prevent great damage to your friends.” She disclosed. 

“What is it?” Lisa questioned eagerly. 

“You can provide shield.” Jennie said simply.

“I haven’t heard of a certain spell that could do so? Only protection spells that just provides the bare minimum support.” Lisa vocalize. 

“There’s no spell for it. You can generate it with your mind.” Jennie disclosed. 

“Oh yeah, our in born magic.” Rosie remembered beaming.

“Do you know, Jennie used it for you when you were young?” She then disclosed. 

“I used it for you both.” Jennie corrected. 

Rosie smiled recalling, her cheeks puffed more.

“Why? Did we battle something before?” Lisa asked. 

“Yeah, the battle of the playground.” Rosie joked. 

“No. You both were just very clumsy.” Jennie answered after. “We were at the playground and you always get scratches or bruises. And you always scrape your knee when you play tag with Rosie crawling around fast around the room.” She disclosed. 

“Oh I remembered that!” Rosie recalled.

“Is that why I have this scar that shapes like a crescent moon on my right knee???” Lisa queried showing her crescent moon shaped scar.

“Yes, that’s it.” Jennie smiled nodding.

“Father was the one who always heals all our scratch and bruises. And he always shapes the scar in constellation forms. See my star?” Rosie said showing her elbow star shaped scar. Lisa was amused by the disclosure knowing she haven’t heard of this story yet. 

“We both got the scars on the same time. I fell catching up to you. I’m just a year older so I was already toddling fast.” She continued. 

“And it took me a while to calm you babies down. Your cries were the worst.” Jennie disclosed after. 

“We were a pain in the .” Rosie confirmed over to Lisa as they fist bumped. 

“I.. I kinda remember eating lollipops too.” Lisa disclosed after recalling the imprints Bambam kept for her.

“It’s one of my ways to stop you from crying. It always works.” Jennie disclosed. 

“So, that’s why I learned to use the shield over you girls so I can peacefully look after you while father was away.” She continued. 

“Okay so how do I do it.” Lisa said as she stood up from her seat determine to learn. 

“We need a volunteer.” Jennie said after. 

Bambam suddenly passed by the room at the right time. 

“Oh!” Rosie stood from her seat and ran after the lad. He was soon pulled inside the room with his book in hand. He was surprised to see the rest of the sisters in the room. Lisa was as clueless as him. 

“Your highn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter