Ad Astra

Solstice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Ad Astra

Lisa

It's definitely the longest day of the year. Seems like this day has still not ended. We were supposed to celebrate and rejoice for our victory this full moon night. 

It was our birthday too, another reason for a celebration. But the Kingdom mourns instead for the passing of a Goddess. 

The lights were dimmed in Hecate, noise were silenced in respect a mourning of a Prince in their midst. 

I was never aware of Dahyun’s own fate. She never mentioned anything to anyone. Not even her husband nor my father, her King. 

“It’s not your fate to fight for.” She would say to us. 

Dahyun has been a significant person in our lives. She’s selfless, patient and dutiful of her service as one of our Guardians. 

Few months ago, I attended her enchanted wedding seeing her beautiful smile glow as she walked along the aisle towards the love of her life. 

She chose love. Most of all. Knowing what her fate entails before her. She knew what will happen if she chose to marry the love of her life. And yet she still goes through with it with no regrets. Welcoming death as her choice. 

The City of Iris held the wedding of Dahyun and Eunwoo. It now also holds her funeral as well. 

The lakes laps lightly at Prince Eunwoo’s ankles as he stood still at the lakes of Thoth. The full moon shined brightly upon him reflecting his light above the small ripples of waves as we wait. His still silhouette reflected behind him. 

Our attention fixed on the moonlit horizon, my sisters and I stood by a wooden deck while we wait together.

Fog hangs low across the lake. It was a cold night after the rain poured earlier called upon naturally by mother nature. 

A wooden elevated stage lay still in the middle of the lake across us. While fireflies hovered around the area twinkling like stars hanging low.

My Kingdom and the others have seen a lot of war and deaths before me, for they have experienced funerals like these for centuries. I in the other hand composed myself trying not to break down at a first memorial I’ve ever attended. 

The flags streaming in the breeze are different from the usual standard colors of our Kingdoms of both Hecate and Horae, where Dahyun and the Prince resides. Each flag flies emerald green and gold slashed with black strip. To honour and mourn for the passing of the Goddess.

To say one last good bye to Dahyun. 

I’ve already spent hours shedding a lot of tears earlier before we arrived here and they still come, rolling helplessly down my cheeks. 

Eunwoo locks his gaze forward, his spine straight with dignity. He looked plain, gone was his fancy uniform and princely attire to a simpler and duller one made just for this occasions with a black sash across his frame while a plain crown sits atop his head as the only indication of his rank. His stature was still of a Prince-born into a noble house but inside he’s just a man mourning for his wife. 

His family was on our right in a different wooden deck, showing their respects mourning with their son as they bid their daughter in law one last farewell.

We all wore a black sash along our simple gowns in respect. No fancy accessories but our own signature colors, hair undid and unbraided flowed softly against the breeze. 

A boat break through the fog, moving quietly as my father stood inside it, along with two of our own cygnets beside him manning the boat and of course, the Oracle in his simple white robe. The boat was especially made for speed and silence and the will of the powerful nymphs to use. 

The current followed as it neared the middle of the lake disturbing the still waters Eunwoo was standing on. 

Nymphs in our colors and Horae’s gathered at the deck behind us with grim faces as they await. The other allied Kingdoms were at our left in a wooden deck of their own, standing by in silence, tears dropping into the water.

The three Queens’ and Jisoo in their plain white gowns were slashed by the dark color of the mourning black stripe. King Enyalius towered behind Robin who both wore their crimson red uniforms sashed wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter