Choices

Solstice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Choices

It’s finally the day of the girls’ Mid-Season Ability Test. It’s time to see how much they’ve trained and how much they’ve learned from practicing their powers and abilities. 

The three allied Kingdoms have held MSAT’s for new young recruits of their Kingdoms raging from 15 to 21 for decades. It’s usually just a test to see their capabilities. 

It’s always a monumental event gathering all citizens, creatures, nymphs, and witches alike to watch the most exciting event of the year. The MSAT’s this year was especially important and dedicated to the newest warriors and the Kingdom Royalties. 

The Princesses will soon earn their seats helping their parents run their Kingdoms and as tradition, the MSAT’s allows them to prove their titles and worth to their people. 

The tournament is always held at the Mt. Olympus Forest right at the center interconnecting the three allied Kingdoms, just before reaching the borders of Dias. 

Each of the Princess gathered around with their own troops behind the gates starting from their own Kingdoms. 

 “Remember to be cautious and enunciate your spells well. Those monsters are vicious and will be ruthless.” Bambam said his sentiments.

“Have you forgotten, they came from our Kingdom?” Lisa said with pride already in her armour, with her two magical poison daggers dangling around her belt. 

“Yes of course, but still.” Bambam said with obvious worry in his tone before he shifted into Nyx and allowed Lisa to climb up behind him. 

“We’re right behind you princess.” Lord Ten, said assuring the Princess’ back with security. 

“Good luck, your majesty.” Sorn, the youngest Crystal Witch, said on her side before Lisa nodding in acknowledgement. 

 

 

“Control, okay? I’m just right here.” Jinyoung said over to Jisoo who’s already in full gold armour with Horae’s insignia’s on her sleeve.

Jisoo nodded in understanding.

“Stand alert, Hongseok.” Jinyoung reminded the Cygnet beside them while they watched Jinyoung shift into an armoured wolf beside Jisoo. 

Jinyoung donned a gold metal armor on his chest and a gold crown helmet. 

“Good luck out there, your highness.” Youngjae said from behind them. 

“You too, brother.” He added nodding to his older brother while Jinyoung huffed in reply. 

 

 

Robin appeared behind Jackson’s side already weaving her steels into an armor. Sharpening her feathered elbows further and scaled skittered down her neck to her chest plates. 

Jackson spun back feeling her presence and was left agape by her new look. 

“Do I look like my family now?” She smiled beckoning towards her new deep crimson red hair. 

“Even more so.” Jackson mirrored her smile. 

“I’m always here, okay? Trust me.” He followed. 

Robin nodded as she buckled in her bow quiver along with her bow. She bumped fists with Jackson before he shifts back into Raven. 

“We’ll be on guard whenever you need us.” Jooheon assured Robin with the rest of the Crimson Guard standing close by. 

 

***

 

By the private viewing deck behind the forest field gathered the Council of Elders. Escorted by their own guards. The Oracle himself accompanied by his daughter, Dahyun was already seated in a raised stage behind the rulers. 

“Enyalius.” Irene greeted in behalf of her sisters who followed suit. 

“Queens. Always so beautiful as ever.” Enyalius complimented the three Queens as he each kissed their hands. 

Queen Joy ruffled the hair of one of the twins who were seated along side them. 

“Knock off the sweet talks, Enyalius.” Asclepius said as he arrived in later, following suit his two eldest daughters who curtsied before them and headed to their seats below the bleachers. 

“Asclepius! My good ol’ pal! How’s it going?” Enyalius beamed a smile after embracing the Moon King under his arms. 

“Tough. I can’t seem to understand Achelois nowadays after she’s started training. She’s been inside the spell room a lot.” Asclepius hushed amongst them while taking his seat. 

“Maybe she’s going through puberty issues?” Joy guessed as she held Enyo in her lap. 

“Yeah, I mean our Harmonia always lock herself in the library often too. We should’ve made that her room instead. She’s been studying hard for months and especially today.” Wendy explained. 

“Doesn’t Selene or Aurora tell you anything?” Irene asked. 

“No, those girls already keep secrets from their father. They’re very loyal to each other might I say.” Asclepius massaged his temples thinking of his daughters in front of him who were gushing to each other and playing with Eris. 

“Then you have nothing to worry about Erebus. As long as your two eldest knows Achelois well, you will be fine.” Irene assured the King. 

“I guess so. How’s Hemera, Enyalius.” Asclepius then asked his friend. 

“Stubborn. As expected of her. She got it from me. And she’s a fast learner. You wouldn’t think she’s just a rookie!” Enyalius replied chuckling aloud. 

“Blessed by Goddess Athena who was also known for being stubborn.” Irene pointed out. 

“You say that again.” Enyalius said with a sneer. 

The crowd was all hyped up and rowdy seated by the bleachers watching the girls from the large magical mist. Various citizens of three Kingdoms await the start of the game. 

The tournament is being created by the Witch Illusionists of Hecate, conjuring up various types of monsters with different level of difficulty. 

Dionyus, the party God and the host of the tournament stepped out in front of the deck curtsying over to the rulers before he spoke towards the crowd before them assisted by a sounder to increase his volume.

“Alright ladies & gentle-gods! Welcome to this year's Mid-Season Ability Test!” Dionysus said in his announcer voice with a wine in hand. 

“Oh it’s starting!” Joy said aloud while Enyo clapped along with the spectators. 

The rulers turn their focus on the magical mist in front of them as they watched over their daughters. 

“There will be courses around the vicinity and each recruit should defeat an obstacle in their way, using whatever ability they have learned. In the middle of the last course, the remaining will work together to defeat a mighty minotaur.” Dionysus narrated the instructions. 

“Princesses and Recruits, are you ready?” He called on. 

The three girls nodded from their starting points showing each of their determined faces by the large mist. 

“Goodluck, sister.” Rosie said beside Jennie as they saw her face flashed on the large mists. 

“OPEN THE GATES!!” Dionysus commanded. 

A loud blow horn resonated in the field as each of the gates from different Kingdoms opened and the three princesses headed out. The crowd cheered in anticipation as the event officially started. 

“Goblins up ahead.” Robin relayed over to Jackson. 

Enemy spotted! 

Robin encountered her first batch of goblins who were waiting for her arrival. She immediately drew her bow & arrow hitting all goblins into ashes. She then skittered her bow into a sword as she and Raven ran through them defeating monsters along their way. 

First fleet down! 

Raven huffed as he swiftly ran through the forest with Robin on his back.

Jisoo preferred to run in her own feet, with Echo following suit. She drew her sword striking goblins as she encountered them. Through her practice, she mastered foreseeing attacks whilst on battle. She successfully dodge an attack as she stabbed every goblin in her way. 

 

***

 

“Gaahh! How exciting! Go sweetheart!” Queen Joy cheered from her seat beside the rulers seeing their first progress in the mists.

 

***

 

A ring of goblins circled Lisa and Nyx.

“Oh no, I’m trapped.. what must I do?” Lisa said with a strong hint of sarcasm. 

Bambam was cackling inside over her humor. 

Good one!! 

The goblins were unknowingly chuckling hearing her cry. 

“This will be easy..” One goblin said to his fellow ugly companions. 

Lisa smirked as she made a gun out of her two 2 fingers of both hands vertically pointing upwards in each side of her face. 

“Crystallum” She chanted and a strong purple icy frost sparked between her fingers. 

The goblins was taken aback on what was happening. 

In a quick swift, with Nyx’s help teleporting, Lisa jumped from goblin to goblin like a pinball in a matter of seconds forming a strong star shaped smoke on the ground. When the two went back at the middle, all the goblins in her midst had frozen brain seizures before they blew up altogether in ashes. 

Bye losers!!

Lisa blew her finger gun and rode Nyx back to continue the obstacles. 

 

***

 

“Impressive.” Asclepius commented after watching her daughter’s first run. 

“They really did trained hard. And they have their own take on their powers too.” Wendy spoke. 

“Very innovative, must I say.” Enyalius followed. 

 

***

 

 “Jinyoung!!” Jisoo yelled after seeing her guardian been thrown into a tree. She avenged her wolf by drawing her sword towards the large twin lion beasts.

She was caught off-guard when her sword flew from her grasps, and Echo was still knocked out. 

The twin headed beasts approached her when they were washed from afar by Hongseok, the Cygnet. 

“You okay, your highness?” He momentarily turned to Jisoo who ran towards Echo.

The twin beasts marched through Hongseok throwing his body into a tree leaving him in pain. They approached Jisoo again when a voice rose nearby. 

“Crystallum Glacio!” Lisa struck her hands towards the predators, freezing them solid before they bursts into snow. 

“Need a hand?” Lisa beamed as she teleported with Nyx getting her sword and went back to her. 

“Lisa!” They both got into a tight hug. 

Lisa immediately headed over to Echo and healed his pain. 

Here General.

Thank you, your highness.

Echo wagged his head before shaking his entire body awake. 

It’s just the start hyung and you’ve already been thrown to the ground? 

Shut it or I will bite your head off

Bambam hackled over to Jinyoung’s body while Lisa shakes her head hearing the conversation.

“How have you been?” Jisoo momentarily tried to catch up with her. 

Jisoo now’s not the time to be distracted.

“I’m good! You have blonde hair! It suits you! It feels like this is how you should look like.” Lisa said as she caressed a lock of Jisoo’s hair. 

Um.. you’re highnesses?

“I missed you, have you seen Robin?” Jisoo queried ignoring the wolves talking in their heads.

“Nope, She’s still out here somewhere. We’ll be—“

Look out!!

“Uh-oh. Sphinx!!” Jisoo exclaimed as they both dodged it’s fire attack, dropping and rolling themselves to the ground.

They both ran to their guardians as they battled with the sphinx. 

“Crystallum Glacio!” Lisa blasted her palms towards the monster who was unbothered by the spell.

And to no avail, the sphinx was hard to defeat alone. 

The sphinx had removed the two from their wolves and momentarily had the guardians frozen leaving the girls defenseless. 

“Poor pretty princesses now defenseless and weak, what shall I do with you girls?”

The sphinx spoke in it’s scary voice. She lifted the girls up strangling them by their necks. 

A fiery rain of sharp pine leaves fell from the sky slitting the sphinx in fury. Lord Ten, dropped himself from the high trees while Sorn, conjured black magic as it struck towards the sphinx. 

Lisa gathered back her greenwarden abilities as she made the branches of the trees around the sphinx grew. Nyx arrived beside her teleporting her to different areas as she held her focus trapping the sphinx into a tree cage. 

The sphinx grew enraged before she blew up the wooden cage around her causing every one to be thrown away. Ten and Sorn grew weak while the wolves were in dazed by the sphinx ability to ring in their ears pinning them down. 

She instantly hurled on to the sight of the Princesses strangling them back their necks while she slowly laughed at the sight of them in demise. 

“I love seeing damsels in distress. Look how you have no one to save you right now? No prince charming either.” The sphinx growled. The two was starting to lose their breaths as the sphinx drew them closer ready to eat their heads off. 

“Hey sphinx!!” 

The sphinx shot her head in front where the voice came from. 

“They still got us.” Robin said as she flung her arrow towards her heart diminishing the sphinx into dust. 

Bullseye baby!! 

“Bullseye baby!!!” Robin exclaimed aloud after hearing Jackson as she rode towards the girls. 

She ran to give them a hug. 

“Everyone okay?” She then inspected everyone. 

Jackson shifted back to his human form, assisting Jinyoung and Bambam who forcefully got shifted back. 

“Stand guard, soldiers.” He says. 

“Red hair suits you. And have you worked out??? Look at that right there!” Lisa complimented Robin’s new found look. 

Robin chuckled as she slapped her as a joke. Jackson stole a glimpse of the leather pants Robin was wearing while it formed her cheeks well. 

“Stand guard, General.” Jinyoung said teasing him in secret. Jackson just brushed it off with a cough composing himself. 

Jisoo paused envisioning a new fleet approaching in a matter of seconds.

“As much as I loved seeing you girls and have this cute reunion, we’re still not finished. Enemies at 2’oclock.” Jisoo announced. 

Lisa quickly healed Bambam and Jinyoung altogether and rode back up to battle again. 

Jackson shifted back as Raven while Robin climbed up behind him aiming her bow and arrow towards the new goblin fleet before them. 

Raven was up and center acting as shield as Robin stepped down and skittered her bow back into a sword. Jisoo and Echo followed suit striking the enemies along their way. Lisa’s purple icy shocks gave flash of lights in the area while she quickly teleported from goblin to goblin with Nyx.

When the last of the goblin was turned into dust, a loud cry from the minotaur can be heard. 

“Boss level.” Robin smirked as she fists bumped Jisoo and Lisa on her side. 

“Let’s do this girls.” 

“Jackson, I need a raven!” Robin instructed. Jackson quickly shifted to a bird. 

“Wait!” Lisa said hopping off of Bambam while she reached for Jackson as his claws held on to her finger. 

“Contego, servo, vindico, protego.” Lisa chanted as she gestured around Raven’s bird form. An purple glow formed around him. 

Thank you, your highness.

Jackson nodded his beak as he flew back up in the sky. 

“What was that?” Robin queried. 

“Shield, preserve, defend, protect.” Jisoo translated after realizing the language.

“Protection spell. Jackson is defenseless when he’s in his bird form. I read about it in a book. The minotaur can shoot fire at him when spotted.” Lisa disclosed after. 

Robin smiled in gratitude and nodded. “Ok, Jacks. Do your thing, show me where the minotaur is.” Robin communicated to Jackson who’s now scouting the sky. 

He’s approaching north. 

“12 o’clock. He’s running fast. And he sure ain’t happy going here despite just having one eye” Robin verbalized. 

“One eye?” Lisa queried.

“He’s a cross breed of a Cyclops and a minotaur. He’s definitely not the usual kinds.” Jisoo explained recalling her monster lectures.

Lisa gathered a vine beneath them while she threw it over to Jisoo’s side. Robin helped Lisa hold on to it tight while they anticipated the minotaur’s arrival hiding behind trees while Echo and Nyx bit the ends of the rope giving more aid. 

On cue, the minotaur stumbled upon the thick vine and crashed unto a tree. 

“You good?” Robin spoke as Jackson shifted back into his human form beside her.

“That’s some huge minotaur alright.” He said beside them observing the minotaur get back up his feet. 

The minotaur spew a big gush of fire out of it’s mouth and Jackson instantly shifted back to a wolf as he quickly stepped up and act as shield while everyone hid behind him. 

“Let’s split up!” Robin instructed as they all went in different directions hiding behind trees after the minotaur furiously spit fire. 

Lisa shot icy shocks through the minotaur’s body while Jisoo ran in to dodge an upcoming axe attack. 

“Watch out!” Jisoo said foreseeing the attack. 

When the minotaur was about to hit them both, they were quickly teleported by Nyx to safety. 

You okay, Lisa?

“I’m alright, thank you.” Lisa said while Bambam shifted back to his human form. 

“You girls okay??” Robin said on the other tree as they watched for the minotaur get more furious as he flung his axe around and simultaneously spit fire.

“How do we defeat this thing???” Jisoo asked as they jumped to another tree after dodging the minotaur’s fire. 

Jinyoung shifted back to human form, pulling Jisoo’s waist closer to him behind the trees. 

Robin carefully observed the minotaur. Her eyes trailed down to the vines, Lisa’s magic ability and back to the Minotaur’s cyclops eyes. 

She turned her gaze towards Jackson who shifted back into human beside her panting after shielding everyone back behind a tree while he focus his gaze back to the minotaur. A surge of memory suddenly flashed back her. 

“So in war, the way to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.” Robin recalled to herself reciting over to Jackson who heard her. 

“His eyes..” She mumbled shooting her gaze over the one eyed monster. 

“Of course..” Jackson nodded in realization. 

“His eyes!!” Robin exclaimed at her two best friends.

“We need a rope!” Jackson yelled behind them while another gush of fire spits from the minotaur. Jackson turned his back towards the fire steadying himself by the tree shielding Robin from the attack. 

“Gotcha!” Bambam hopped to his feet hoarding his green warden ability in his hands.

He instantly grew an even thicker vine beneath the trees. 

“Hyung!!” He said throwing one end to Jinyoung. 

“Blind him, Lisa!!” Robin yelled on the other end. 

Lisa nodded as she gathered her dark powers.

“Ad oculos caecos!!”  She chanted targeting the minotaur’s eyes. A purple black smoke fumed, clouding the minotaur’s vision. 

Robin ran far to the middle behind the trees disengaging the minotaur’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter