Feasts of the Fool

Solstice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Feasts of the Fool

A loud roar came from the crowd after a flying arrow of fire landed on a ring pedestal. It was the mark of the night starting at the Kingdom of Enyalius. Everyone cheered to their hearts delight greeting their princess’ arrival. Beers clunked and meat has been passed in the long table. 

The Enyalius family were seated at a long table in the middle of the field while citizens celebrated and danced to traditional songs. 

King Enyalius himself chatted along with some elder locals of his Kingdom laughing at who knows what, as he proudly speak about his daughter leading her recent victory in the woods. 

The twins on the other hand were running around playing with their friends. While Robin walked around the field having to refill her cup of ambrosia cocktail and getting a boned ham the buffet table.

“So, princess. Where were you before all this?” One resident asked Robin as she passed by their table. 

“I was an orphan at The Mansion.” She replied nonchalantly as she struggled eating with her smoked barbeque ham straight out of the bone. 

Her audience just gave her very surprised and confused expressions.

“The Mansion?” 

“Yeah? Dahyun said it’s a 5 day trip from here, it’s tucked in the middle of the forest in a small little town in—“ She continued before she was cut off by Jackson who let out an awkward laugh as he pulled her away from the table leaving the audience puzzled. 

“That’s too much drink for you princess.” He said obnoxiously loud as he continued pulling her away. 

“Wha—I just had one drink!” She mumbled with her mouthful. 

“And where are you taking me??” Robin said struggling to her feet as she’s being pushed. 

“Just away from questions.” Jackson said as he led her into a private table.

“Why??? I was talking to some people over there.” 

“Look, King Enyalius told me everything and it’s not that you’re allowed to say your background but most of the people here aren’t really open to mortals and.. humans.” Jackson explained.

“Aren’t you guys.. all???” She looked confused. 

“No.. we’re not. All of us here has abilities meaning we’re all offsprings of Divine Gods and Mythical Creatures, various descendants of the Gods of Olympus. You’re a 3rd generation deity under the God Ares’ blood line. There has been a feisty argument over the mortals and immortals for decades now and we choose not to open it back up. Plus, you’re in Enyalius’ Kingdom and the blood of Ares runs through you, everyone in this Kingdom live for wars and battles. So you can’t just happily tell people you came from the “human” world.” Jackson explained. 

“That’s also why your father suggested to banish you princesses for the time being at the mortal world because no God would ever try to even go there, especially Dias himself.” He continued.

“So.. it’s a taboo to talk about it?” Her face squinted trying to comprehend the logic. 

“Yes, that’s right.” 

“So then, what will I say if they ask me again?” She queried. 

“Um.. I don’t know. Avoid the question I guess? Change topic?” He tried to suggest.

“Some help you are.” Robin snarled as she rolled her eyes and walked away from him. 

“Oh god, you’ll be a handful.” Jackson mumbled to himself as he watched her walk away. 

 

Jackson

I was observant as I watched Robin walking towards back inside the castle when I smelled a longing scent from her. 

I knew that being with this random crowd in a night, even with her family that she just met today, she longs to be with someone comfortable. 

I quickly dashed to her room first without her knowing. 

She instantly beamed at the sight of Raven in her bed once she entered her room. 

“Raven!!” She ran towards my resting body on her bed.

“Where were you, you crazy oaf!” She voiced as she hugged me tight and rubbed my fur.

I missed you too.

Her spirit was lifted instantly which relieved most of my tensions. 

“You don’t know how crazy this day have been!” She continued to speak to me as if I wouldn’t understand a thing. 

She always loves telling me about her day.

Tell me everything

“Okay, so!! Apparently, I have a father. Who’s freakishly huge!!” She shared at him. 

He is huge. Most of Ares’ sons are. 

“And I have twin brothers! I still can’t distinguish them from their faces but I can if they show their abilities. One

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter