Nest

Solstice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Nest

The crescent moon shined brightly towards the dark forest. Out in the woods in a deeper part of town, getting further away from the mansion were three girls being led by a complete stranger and strangely escorted by a wolf behind them. 

Dahyun whisked away shrubs and tall leaves as she cautiously took her steps leading the girls into the deeper part of the woods. 

“Can you please explain who you are, why are we being called princesses, and where are we going?” Jisoo asked exasperated as she struggled following the girl in front of them going through rough paths. 

“It’s not safe here. We’ll find a safer place to talk and rest for awhile before our journey to the Kingdom of Dias.” Dahyun replied as she went under a big branch. 

“You’re practically kidnapping us you know..” Robin stated following suit. 

“The only reason we’re following you is because our wolves seem to think that they trust you and knows you.” Lisa pointed out. 

Robin looked behind wishing Raven gets back safely to them. 

“Raven and Nyx is not around yet..” Robin mumbled before Echo nudged her forward.

“They know where to go.” Dahyun disclosed. 

“Can you at least, tell us who you really are and how do you know us?” Jisoo asked back as she watched her steps while following her. 

“I’m Dahyun, the Goddess of Hope. One of Dias’ legal guardians. And your head guardian, princess.” 

“Goddess..” Robin snorted beside Lisa. 

“So full of herself..” She sneered making the girls cackle secretly. 

Dahyun rolled her eyes at them all knowing how hard it will be for them to grasp her title. 

“And stop calling us princesses. We’re not princesses! Royal orphans maybe.” Robin jabbered irritatingly. 

Dahyun exhaled out of frustration. “Oh gods, how did Irene attain peace. This is why I don’t want to have siblings!” She muttered loudly to herself staring up the night sky.

“Irene? Who’s Irene now?” Jisoo heard her mumbles. 

“Maybe a modern version of Goddess Aphrodite.” Robin sassed making Lisa giggle on the side at the absurdity. 

“Close.” Dahyun corrected. “She’s as pretty as Aphrodite. But Irene is actually the Goddess of Peace. She’s one of the Queen’s in the Kingdom of Horae.” She explained. 

“What, so she’s our mom? Since she’s the “Queen”?? And we’re “princesses”?” Robin sassed mocking every tone she emphasised with air quotations with her fingers still refusing to believe every word. 

“Not your mom. Her mom.” Dahyun nodded her head towards Jisoo. 

“M-my mom? You know about my birth mother?” Jisoo asked as she finally got herself interested and curious. 

“Well.. it’s kind of complicated how you were born.. I’ll tell you guys the full back story once we get to a safe place.” Dahyun said as she leaped from large roots to another walking more deeper into the woods. 

 

***

 

Back at the mansion, the two wolves stepped out proceeding to the woods to follow the girls. 

Race ya! 

Wait wha—

Jackson leaped through the woods without even waiting for Bambam’s answer. 

Aish, swifts. 

He took his stance and started to teleport himself through the woods catching up to Jackson’s pace. 

 

***

 

The leaves rustled behind them halting their steps. The girls was cautious to danger especially out in the dark in the deeper part of the forest. A sigh of relief escaped them when Raven and Nyx, emerged from the leaves trailing them. 

Robin went in to pat Raven’s head before she proceeds to follow Dahyun ahead.

What took you so long?

Oh you know, we conversed. Trying to catch up on each others lives. We sche

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter