Complexity

Solstice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Complexity

“What’s the meeting all about Elpis?” Asclepius started the session of the 3 Kingdoms. 

The Council Of Elders is now gathered at one of Hecate’s honorable session rooms in the palace. 

“I’ve gathered you all here today, your highnesses, for I bring forth alarming news.” Elpis started.

“Go on.” Enyalius spoke in his seat. 

“Earlier this morning through our journey to the woods as I fetched the princesses, we’ve encountered one of Yugyeom’s goblin army.” Elpis disclosed. 

“Despite being unprepared, I heard they defeated them, right?” Enyalius said. 

“Yes, they did your highness. As expected the princesses have very powerful strength within them and their skills naturally developed, with of course, the help of their guardians.” 

The Queens smiled lightly reassured from the news. 

“I’m guessing Hemera leaded the battle? She’s quite the skills man and is naturally born with good strategies, if I say so myself.” Enyalius confidently took pride in his daughter. 

“Hemera did very well with her bow & arrow sir, a natural Theian, but she did exceptionally better working with Achelois. They were a great team, you should’ve seen it.” Elpis proudly recount.

“There’s seems to not be a problem then? How about my Harmonia? How was she?” Irene finally spoke with her gentle voice.

Her voice was smooth and had the power enough to calm nerves. Enyalius leaned back comfortably.

“Harmonia is the main concern I want to discuss, your majesty.” 

“Then? What is it?” Irene said. 

“I believe, the reason King Dias badly wanted to unite your Kingdoms is because the girls possess great power, more than we expected out of them.”

“What do you mean, Elpis?” Asclepius asked. 

“The three girls are blessed by the big 3 deities of Olympus.”

They were left agape hearing the news. 

The three Queens shared a look with one another. 

“What is it, Queens?” Enyalius queried their worried expressions. 

“Back at Horae..” Irene started. “When Harmonia found out about the battle, she was immediately baffled. Her emotions over threw her and she unleashed an unexplainable ability that is quite awfully familiar to a silent stone.” She shared. 

“That’s what I thought so too.” Elpis confirmed. 

“Back at the woods, Princess Harmonia was alarmed after Princess Achelois dropped the fleet of enemy after showing her telkie abilities. They were about to attack when a pang of unexplainable pain hit everyone in the forest.” 

“Including the rest of you?” Asclepius queried.

“Including, myself, my lord.” Elpis nodded. 

“The feeling was draining, my heart clenched, oxygen was out slowly in our bodies. The goblins instantly cleared and bursted beneath our eyes.” 

“Like the silent stone..” Enyalius uttered. His mumbles was still loud enough for everyone in the room to hear. 

“It can’t be..” Wendy gasped.

“We felt her powers first hand back at the castle. She instantly nullified our abilities.” Joy explained to the group. 

“She’s definitely a Silencer. No wonder Dias’ is desperate to have her under his reign.” Enyalius confirmed to the room. 

“And not also that, but I’ve had reports from the Guardians themselves having watched over them for 20 years..” Elpis continued.  

“Bambam, reported Achelois is blessed by Aidoneus Hades. She has the ability to resurrect and revive the dead. She has resurrected various plants that were already wilted and dried out completely.. She’s a stronger version of a Skonos, if trained, she has the ability to revive human life.” She explained. 

Everyone’s heads turned to Asclepius who was bewildered. 

“Stronger than Asclepius..” Irene uttered. 

“In this manner, if she does practice the power, she can.. die from this.”

“H-how..” Asclepius queried.

“That’s right, it’s one of Wendy’s sacred moral laws.” Irene explained further. “Once life is resurrected,  another life shall be taken in order to retain balance. And that.. may be Achelois’ fate, Asclepius.” Irene expressed her pity over to the Moon King. 

“Oh my dear, Achelois.” Asclepius laid out his worry.

“Before I fetched them, the girls had gotten into a slight argument. Bambam shared that a frame suddenly broke while they were arguing. She noticed Lisa was staring intently through it.” Elpis shared. 

Enyalius’ brows connected. “She can’t be an Oblivion. Oblivion causes explosion upon contact..” 

Wendy looked curious.

“..If it was far away from her, then it can’t imply that she’s an oblivion.. can’t it?” She asked Asclepius who was deep in his thoughts. 

“It can.. she’s a rare type.” Asclepius answered suddenly realizing. 

“She’s an Atropos, a rare type of oblivion. It’s more powerful than a oblivion who can use the ability upon contact, she can use the ability by sight alone..” He shared. 

“Of course..” Irene sighed in realization. 

“She’s definitely the strongest out of the three..” Joy confirmed. 

“And she has 5 abilities..” Asclepius counted alarming the council. 

“And tonight is a full moon. It’s her moon birthday.” He disclosed. 

“She might develop faster than the other girls..” Wendy expresses her worry. 

“What else is there to know about the girls, Elpis?” Irene then asked to the young goddess.

“I’m not sure about Hemera on this one, my lord..” Elpis then looked over to the largest diety in the room. “But I recalled a spark on her when she drew out a stick from Achelois’ hold. It was too sudden for me to study. General Jackson didn’t report anything about it, either..” Elpis shared. 

“..But he did mention about a sudden stormy cloud appearing the girls’ heated argument.” 

“Maybe it’s just a coincidence..” Irene pointed out. 

“She was born out of a cloud though..” Enyalius proclaimed. 

“But, after Jinyoung reported Harmonia showed the first signs of being a Silencer, the clouds vanished in an instant..” Elpis continued. 

“It can be connected..” Asclepius agreed. 

“If it’s true, then Hemera is also the strongest, being blessed by Poseidon and Zeus.” Elpis pointed out. 

“Their abilities gets stronger everyday. In no time, Dias’ sons and army will soon find their hands on them.” Asclepius continued. 

“If they can’t control their abilities. It will soon come back at them, harming each other and themselves in the process..” Irene pointed out. 

“Then we won’t let it happen. We need to advice their legal guardians to train their powers well and at least keep their abilities to a minimum. And to keep an eye on them at all times.” Enyalius suggested.

“As you wish, your highness. I’ll lay out a notice as soon as possible and before the princesses officially start their trainings.” Elpis dipped her chin. 

 

Jinyoung 

I observed as Jisoo was left agape upon entering the Kingdom of Horae. 

Ever since observing her for 20 years I’ve just never get tired seeing her beautiful smile. Especially when she’s astonished with wonder and curiosity. 

I craned my neck seeing a glimpse of her on my back when her smile can’t be hidden around seeing the sight of the kids playing. I watched her as she turned her gaze on the group of Cornelian Women, the meditator telkies, who were doing their daily yoga. 

Her smile widened when she saw most of the people in the kingdom had books on their hands. 

Wait till you see your library, princess. 

When some citizens saw me, they realized who I was carrying.  

They all soon showed their respect and started to curtsy. 

Knowing how introverted Jisoo is, I can feel her still uncomfortable at their gesture. 

Don’t worry, princess. You’ll get used to it. 

We arrived at the castle soon after, I lowered my body for her to easily step off. 

“Thanks, boy..” She said as she patted my head. 

I soon saw a familiar sight of my younger brother, Lieutenant Youngjae, who was 2nd in command.

“Ahh, there’s my brothe—“ 

Stop. She still doesn’t know I’m a werewolf. 

You didn’t tell her? 

I will, soon. I’m waiting for the right moment. 

“Brother!” He resumed after I caught him off telepathically. 

“I call the wolves around here my brother because.. I.. um.. Turn crazy when it’s a full moon some times..”

I sighed secretly at his stupid excuse. 

“Full moon?” Jisoo’s brows connected. 

“A-ahh..” His voice wavered looking back at me. 

You fool. 

“Never mind that..” He fanned the thought away. 

“Anyway! Princess! I’m Lieutenant Youngjae, you can call me Youngjae. I am honoured to meet you.” He knelt down as he secretly smiled at me. 

She’s very pretty, hyung. 

Shut up and focus already. 

No really, I didn’t think she’s this pretty. No wonder you have a big fat crush on her. 

I will kill you after this.

“Um right! Please, come in. The Queens of Horae are waiting for you. Follow me.” He stood back to his feet and headed back up the stairs. 

“I’m sure you’re tired from the journey. Did my bro— Echo, give you a hard time?” He asked turning his head back to Jisoo. 

“No, he’s the perfect companion. He’s my best friend and my hero.” Jisoo smiled warmly back at me caressing my head while I trailed them. 

“Good boy, Echo.” Youngjae said beaming turning his head back at me with a voice sounding high pitched and small. If I knew Youngjae well, he was already preparing to mock me. 

You’re really asking for a death wish, aren’t you? 

I growled at him before he lay a hand on my head. I can hear him loudly cackling in his thoughts. 

“Oh, I wouldn’t do that if I were you.. He’s a bit.. shaken today. He’s also a little bit off. Maybe he’s just tired.” Jisoo warned him off. 

Yeah you’re shaken alright. 

I rolled my eyes ignoring the immense amount of urge I want to pounce on him and kick his . 

We were greeted by the Peace keepers, the royal silver knights, when they bowed again at her presence. 

They took notice of my form, wishing they don’t question it in front of Jisoo.

“Welcome, princess.” Youngjae said as he opened the doors to the main wing of the castle. 

We were greeted by the beautiful Queens of Horae, all anticipating their princess’ arrival. 

“Hello, come in.” Queen Irene spoke. 

Jisoo took her steps forward the golden carpet before her. 

“You two are dismissed..” Queen Irene turned her attention towards us. 

“Thank you, oh noble one. You have done your job for the day.” She then said to me. 

I bowed in response, crouching my head in respect along with Youngjae on my side. 

“Wait—“ I halted hearing Jisoo’s voice. 

She’s feeling anxious. I can smell the nervousness around her.

“What is it dear?” Queen Wendy asked. 

“Where is my wolf going?” Jisoo queried. 

I smiled at the thought. 

“Wolf..” Queen Joy question Queen Irene beside her. 

Queen Irene looked back at me with an expression on her face. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter