A Previous Encounter

Paradox: The Unbelievable Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Quick Note!! Readers, I would like to know if you enjoy reading the back stories of how each character came to the club. If you don't like it or if you do, please comment and let me know. I'll do it by majority vote.

 

 

Junsu watched carefully from across the cafeteria as he saw Kangin talk to the serial killer.

“Hey. You’re still pretty new here, huh?” Junsu turned around to see another police guard looking at him.

“Oh, annyeonghasaeyo. I am.” Junsu politely replied.

“Haha, don’t need to be so formal. My name is Chungyu.” The other police guard stuck out his hand. Junsu grabbed and accepted it with a smile.

“My name is Ji-hun.”

“Oh, lunch is almost over. We need to start directing them back to their cells.” Junsu looked at the crowd of inmates back to the other guard and nodded.

 

)()(

 

“Sun-ja-unni!” A young woman called out through her bathroom door.

“I’m coming, Minsu!” A lady ran to the bathroom door and started knocking on it gently. “Minsu. It’s me. You can open the door now.” She called on gently. She waited patiently until the door slowly opened.

“Unni. Are my clothes on all right?” The girl timidly asked her new roommate, Sun-ja.

“Neh! They look perfect!” She was amazed. She helped out with the girl’s outfit, but she didn’t expect her to make it look even more amazing than she originally thought. “Let’s go put on new bandages, neh?” She watched as the girl in front of her kept her eyes closed and nodded. Minsu allowed the other to lead her to her bedroom.

“I’m sorry to bring it up again… But you don’t remember anything?” Sun-ja quietly brought up while wrapping a bandage around the girl’s eyes.

“Ani… Just that he was a guy… Slender but fit…” The girl said trying to remember anything before being blindfolded… before the entire trauma she went through. “…Thank you again, unni…”

Sun-ja looked at her after she was done. “Hmm? What for?”

“For staying with me and helping me after all this… I know it’s part of your job… But thank you.” Minsu smiled softly.

“Of course. You’re welcome. I’m glad I am the one helping you. If you need anything, just holler, neh?” The two girls smiled, knowing they have made a new friend.

“Sunny. You are in charge of weapons. Since you are also a field agent, you will stay with the victim to make sure no more harm goes to her while the others are out doing their own jobs. You are to keep a weapon close to you in case the killer tries to come back and finish her off for coming in contact with us.”

“Come on, Minsu-ah… Let’s go to the kitchen and you can listen to the TV while I make us some tea.” Sunny gave a smile even though she knew the other couldn’t see it. She was sure she could feel her smile though.

“Okay, unni!” The girl smiled brightly.

 

)()(

 

Back at the club, it was another slow night.

“Sigh~, I miss Sunny-noona right now.” Key commented bluntly while staring off into the small dancing crowd. He heard Minho grunt in agreement upstairs. He was still working with his beloved hyung Heechul right now anyways. Thank goodness he’s busy talking to Hangeng…

“Come on~ I’m not that bad to work with! I got you this job in the first place, right?” Onew responded back while cleaning a glass.

“I guess…” Key replied. He put his elbow on the counter and used his hand as a support to hold up his head. He gently placed his cheek against his palm. He definitely remembered what Onew mentioned. They were best friends for the longest time. He still wasn’t sure how Onew got dragged into this… Maybe it was because he was good friends with the boss anyways. Classmates or something? Key took a side-glance at his partner behind the bar. Who knows?

Onew brought him to the club shortly after it opened. He said it’d be fun and that he could imagine the younger as a great bartender. The elder was definitely right. The diva could converse with anybody who wasn’t rude to him. He could easily put up a great act if something went wrong too. Once Onew described the hidden meaning into hiring him for the job, Key definitely thought it was interesting. He was trained to specialize in certain fields and he was one of the better workers there.

Key took a glance at Jonghyun. He knew how Jonghyun got here. He gave him the job. Key thought a little bit more. How did Minho get here? “Hey, Minho?” He asked through his earpiece. At the sudden question, Onew turned to look at his friend.

“Neh, Key?” Minho replied from upstairs. He sighed as his two hyungs, Jaejoong and Changmin, tried to make another dish with less spice in it. He w

Please log in to read the full chapter