Chapter 14: Shoot!

Paradox: The Unbelievable Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

A/N: Okay! Second re-post!

 

 

Gun against gun were pointing at each other.

Victoria stretched out her right arm besides Nichkhun’s right arm while he stood in front of her protectively and aimed the gun at the suspect. Nichkhun stepped into the room allowing the field agent behind him to step to the right to actually be able to see the suspect. The suspect watched as they got closer and took a few steps back before directing his aim to the young, pretty woman aiming out her gun towards him.

“I’d suggest you drop your weapon.” Nichkhun deadpanned, not liking the fact a gun was being pointed in his girlfriend’s direction.

“I thought there were three of you.” The suspect retorted, “I only see you two.”

In a flash, Nichkhun sprinted towards the suspect when the latter got distracted at looking at Victoria and elbowed the man’s left elbow, holding the gun, causing him to accidentally pull the trigger. The taller male proceeded to punch the man in the stomach and put him in a sleeper hold. The suspect doubled over trying to catch his breath and get out of Nichkhun’s grasp. Nichkhun kept his hold around the suspect’s neck until he felt him stop struggling then let go, dropping him to the ground in a slump.

Smirking, Nichkhun looked up to see Victoria clutching her left shoulder. She still had her gun in her right hand. “Victoria!” He rushed over to her to see blood pooling out of her shoulder, blending in with the red shirt she was already wearing. “I didn’t think he’d hit you when I hit him!” Nichkhun panicked. He looked around the room and found a piece of white cloth lying on a random table. He ran and grabbed it, rushing over back to the woman he loves and tightly wrapping it around the injured area. “Victoria! Are you okay?!”

The woman smiled up at him as she fell to her knees. She looked to her shoulder and saw blood seeping through the white fabric. “N-neh. I taught you well, yeobo.” Nichkhun smiled back at her and was about to respond when three voices interrupted them.

“We missed it?!” A feminine voice yelled out, disappointed.

The two guys sighed. “Come on, Taecyeon. Let’s tie this guy up.” The other nodded and followed after his hyung.

“Okay, Yoochun.”

Nichkhun looked from the three standing back to the girl he was holding in his arms. “Jessica. Please help me get her back up or find another cloth or something.” He looked up at the other girl pouting at the unconscious man the other two were tying up to a chair in the room. She turned her attention to look at him and her eyes softened, “Neh. Hang on…”

Jessica left the room and looked around the apartment and grabbed a bowl of warm water, some antiseptics from the bathroom, and a clean towel. After a couple of minutes, she walked back in to see Nichkhun kneeling in front of Victoria who was sitting in a chair Taecyeon grabbed from a corner of the room. “Here, Nichkhun… I’m sure Victoria can tell you what to do until we go back to the hotel room… Zhou-mi can fix her up more there.”

“Guys. He’s waking up.” Yoochun commented while he watched the suspect slowly start to come back to consciousness. Jessica turned her attention away from her friends, grabbed her own specialized silver gun, and quickly strided her way over to the suspect. Without any emotion, she pushed the barrel of the gun against the suspect’s head, waiting for him to fully awaken.

Nichkhun watched with a glare as his friend stood next to the man, popping his knuckles ready to attack at any moment. Yoochun sighed. “Hey, you.” He shook the man’s shoulder.

“Wake up.” Taecyeon demanded. “Or we’ll make you wake up.”

Jessica pushed the barrel harder against the man’s temple instantly waking the man up completely.

“Wh-… Who are you?!” The man yelled out as he tried to get free from his bonds.

“I’d rather not do that.” The man to his right commented with his arms crossed in front of him. He slightly nodded in the direction of Jessica. “She’s been itching to have some kind of action happen. She won’t hesitate at all.”

The man glanced at the woman to the left of him with an unreadable look in his eyes. “You’re really pretty too.” Jessica just smirked as Taecyeon laughed.

“Anyways…” Yoochun sighed. He walked further towards the man seated. “We have some questions for you.” He pointed to the guy now slightly behind him. “And this guy… is always looking for a good punch. You better not disappoint us.”

The man just gulped, knowing fully well that the man in front of him is not lying at all.

“Oh.” The man looked up to the guy still standing in front of him. “The only reason she,” he pointed to the girl still pointing her gun at him, “hasn’t shot you yet is b

Please log in to read the full chapter