The Mission

Paradox: The Unbelievable Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

“Minwoo-ah! Be good when I’m gone, neh? Always stay with Key or Teukie-hyung! They’ll protect you.” A sad look was forming in the speaker’s eyes.

“Jaejoong-hyung. We’ll be back in a few days.” Yoochun commented as his hyung kept hugging the young boy.

“But he’s so precious! Key! You better take great care of him!” Jaejoong yelled out even though Key was right next to him. Hey, he didn’t need to constantly work. Onew can take care of himself.

Key rolled his eyes and sighed, “I will, hyung. You know me.”

Jaejoong just glared at him and sighed in defeat, “I know.” He turned his attention back to the boy he was hugging. “You can stay here as long as you want! We’ll take care of you!”

Yunho sighed in exasperation. “Jae. We need to go. It’s an important mission, remember?”

“Yeah… and you made us hurry up in preparing to see Minwoo again before we leave.” Changmin commented.

“Yah!” Jaejoong yelled at his other ‘child.’ “Be quiet!”

The three younger members in their team gave him a look, “Really?”

“I can’t think when this adorable kid is here! Be quiet!” Jaejoong yelled out again. They were all standing next to the bar on the VIP floor. Jonghyun was already gone to the first floor to help with the customers starting to come in. Sungmin insisted he stay so Krystal could rest and hang out with her sister. Ryeowook and Kyuhyun were busy making snacks for all of the workers working today. Victoria was still in the medic room with Leeteuk and Sora while Nichkhun was sitting outside of the room pouting and waiting for everything to be done inside.

“Jae-umma?” Minwoo asked as the said person was still holding him.

Jaejoong immediately turned his attention away from his friends to slightly look down at the boy. “Neh, Minwoo?”

The younger boy gave him a big smile. “Be safe, okay?”

“Aigoo~! Of course I’ll be safe!” The elder gave him a bright smile and hugged him one last time. Just when he pulled a little away from the younger, somebody was pulling him away and towards the stairs. “Let go of me~!”

“Jaejoong! Come on! We have to save innocent people!” Yunho yelled out as he dragged his best friend away and down the stairs.

“Stay safe, Minwoo-ah! I’ll see you soon!” Jaejoong yelled out before he disappeared from sight.

“I hope they stay safe…” Key mumbled as Minwoo looked over to him.

“Huh, Key-umma?”

Key turned his head to meet Minwoo’s gaze. “Ah, nothing, sweetie.” He paused a few minutes. “Let’s go meet Ryeowook-hyung and Kyuhyun-hyung!” He grabbed the other’s hand and started dragging him into the kitchen.

“Stop pouting, hyung.” Minho suddenly said from his position behind the bar.

“But-.” Sungmin tried to explain.

“You’re the king of aegyo. He’s the prince along with the other princes in this club.” The younger reassured him while laughing at his hyung’s continued pout.

 

)()(

 

“How do you want to split this team up?” Jaejoong asked once they were outside in the parking lot, now completely focused on their mission.

“I’m not sure, Changmin?” Yunho asked.

“Hmm…” The youngest hummed while his forehead creased trying to think of a good way splitting them up. “There’s two targets, correct? A man and a woman…” He trailed off.

“Yeah~ Kang Woohyun and Cheon Seong-Im, respectively.” Junsu added while the younger nodded at the names.

“We each need a medic in the team. So… one team will have Yunho-hyung while the other team has Junsu-hyung since they both specialized in learning medic. The rest of us only know basics and little higher-leveled skills.” The elder members of the team nodded in acceptance. They waited while the youngest put on a thinking pose with his right hand slightly cupping his chin while looking down in thought. “I can hack with any type of machinery present… Jaejoong can easily grift and steal… So one of us will be separated into the two teams… Yoochun-hyung is as strong as Yunho-hyung so he’ll go with Junsu-hyung as well.” He finished off, looking to each of his hyungs’ faces. They all nodded.

“So am I going with Yunnie or are you Minnie?” Jaejoong questioned, not liking that he’ll either be separated from his best friend, or he’ll be separated from his ‘son.’

Changmin looked up towards the afternoon sky, thinking of what to do. “I can go with Yunho-hyung. Are you okay with that, Jae-umma?” He asked, slipping into calling his hyung ‘umma’ again.

Jaejoong just stared at him while he thought of his decision. After looking to the ground and thinking for a few minutes, he agreed. He nodded his head then commented, “I feel like you would be a lot safer with Yunnie than with these two.” He pointed his thumb in the direction to the two men on the left of him.

“Hey! What does that mean?!” Junsu and Yoochun yelled in unison… only to back off once they saw Jaejoong’s sickenly sweet smile in their direction. “…Nevermind.”

“Good! Now, Yunho…” He turned his direction to his best friend to the right of him. “Take care of Minnie now, won’t you?”

Yunho nodded. “Of course. Don’t worry about it. I’ll take care of him.”

After their little exchanges, they all turned back to Changmin and nodded. “We really need to get going now…”

 

)()(

 

“The five of you have been specifically chosen for this mission. This mission is dangerous, as you all know. I have received news saying that there are two people, a man and a woman, who will be bombing two different buildings across the city. You five will need to be split up into two teams to prevent them from completing their mission. You will decide which group contains which member. The two names are Kang Woohyun and Cheon Seong-Im. I have obtained information that Kang Woohyun will be planning to bomb a conference hall and that Cheon Seong-Im will be bombing a top business building where various meetings will be taking place. They will be difficult opponents. They have shown to be strong and skillful. Stop them by all means necessary.” The boss stopped for a few seconds then put the earpiece back in to convey one common, albeit scary, message. “Be careful out there. Come back safely… Lucifer.”

The workers in the club, whoever had an earpiece, briefly froze in place at the last word. They knew it was coming if the mission required Jaejoong, Junsu, Changmin, Yunho, and Yoochun: The best of the best.

 

)()(

 

“Yah. Come back to this club safely, okay?” Changmin worriedly demanded to his three other hyungs once he pulled back from their hugs.

“Yah, yourself.” Jaejoong poked the taller male’s forehead. “You need to come back to this club safely with Yunnie. If you don’t, I don’t know what I’d do… especially with these two.”

“Would you stop comparing us to your son and best friend already?” Yoochun complained while the other three laughed.

“It’s just showing who I favorite more. I favorite you two… I just like them a lot more than you.” The feminine member stated matter

Please log in to read the full chapter