Assassins...

Paradox: The Unbelievable Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Ho ho~! Only a day here and you were able to get the guards and warden to agree to let the two of us meet here? This is a nice room compared to my cell!”

Kangin looked at the original inmate with a blank stare. “Hey! You’re not alone, remember that.” Kangin and the inmate looked to their side to see a police officer standing there next to the door.

The inmate smirked, “Yeah, yeah. So what do you want? You must be some detective or something if you’re getting this special treatment.”

This time, it was Kangin’s turn to smirk back. “Actually, I’m no detective at all.” He sat down in one of the available plush chairs in the room in front of a big table. He gestured to the empty seat in front of him. “Would you like to join me, Black Blood?”

The criminal smiled broadly at him. “Oh, don’t mind if I do!” He took the chair and sat down across from Kangin. They both still had handcuffs on them. Junsu just watched quietly from his place by the door. “They even created a fake window with a view in it. Haha! How nice is this!” Junsu looked towards the fake window.

“Hyung. Ask him how he attacked his victims.” A young man asked the elder sitting in the room with two other people.

Kangin leaned back in his chair. “I’m actually really curious as to how you did it.”

The killer raised one eyebrow then smiled at him charmingly. “As to how I did what? Blindfold and those girls?”

“Mmhmm,” the other hummed in response. “I’m interested in knowing how you did one.”

The other mimicked the new prisoner’s moves and leaned back in his chair and put on a thinking face. “Hmm… First… I’d find a target. Usually young… pretty… whether they had a boyfriend or not didn’t really matter. Although it was better if she did have one, he would be crushed.” The criminal smiled at the thought. “I’d find a way to get into contact with them without being suspicious. Sometimes their family members weren’t even suspicious. Then when the time was right, I would attack.”

Kangin, interested, leaned forward and rested an elbow on the table in front of him. “How would you attack?”

The criminal stayed put and thought for a few seconds before saying it. “I would knock them out anyway I could without seriously hurting them and allowing myself to not be seen, of course.” Kangin hummed at him to continue. “Then I would blindfold them and wait for them to wake up. I can’t have them stay knocked out while I wanted to do my thing, right?” He gave a full-toothed smile. The other nodded. Junsu just stared at the criminal as he told his story. He looked to the other inmate in the other chair then to the fake window.

“So… when they start moving again… I make my move. First, I would whisper soft words to her. I can’t have them completely frightened yet, ya know,” he stopped for a few seconds to think for a minute. “Then… I would start ripping their clothes off.”

The man behind the fake window sighed, “Hyung. Just ask him when and why he would carve out the women’s eyes.”

“Ah, I see.” Kangin shifted in his chair again. “So if they’re already frightened and everything, why would you carve out their eyes?” He stared at the as he leaned in closer to Kangin. Junsu became tense as he saw the criminal’s face turned stoic and get closer to his friend. The man behind the fake window turned to a woman two chairs over from him. She stood up, ready to go in there if needed.

‘Black Blood’ softly smiled as he said, “So they will never know who did this to them.” He paused for a few seconds. “Even when the police caught me. Even when family and friends tell those girls I’m off the streets. Even when they try to tell each and every one of them how I look like. They can never see me with their own eyes.”

Another man behind the fake window watched intently as the criminal explained his reasoning. “He’s okay with what he’s done. He feels like he did nothing wrong.”

The first man turned to his left at the other’s words. “Yesung-hyung… How can he? But… I guess it makes sense…”

“Yesung. I believe you have a great sense in judging others by looking at them. You can easily tell if they’re lying. You can easily tell how they’re feeling through the expressions in their eyes as well. You will be present during the interrogation Kangin will be giving in the prison cell. Make sure to tell the members present anything that you feel is off or wrong. You will go into action as needed since you are a field agent as well.”

“He did have some psychological issues as a child and teenager.” Zhou-mi’s voice rang through each of the earpieces.

Kangin, Junsu, and the criminal sat in silence as the first two thought about the latter’s words. “Oh,” the killer commented. “I know you’re trying to get information out of me for that annoying copycat killer.”

Kangin raised an eyebrow, “What are you talking about?”

The woman sitting on the left of the second man looked at the three people in the other room then to her comrades in their own room. “Well, isn’t he smart? Just go ahead and ask him about the copycat, Kangin-oppa.”

“Junsu, keep up the act. Just in case.” Yesung ordered the other. Junsu just glanced at the criminal in front of them.

“Oh, you know what I’m talking about. You look too… innocent… to be placed in this kind of cell.”

Kangin laughed. “Haha, now do I really? That’s interesting to hear.” He smirked at the other.

Please log in to read the full chapter