The News

Paradox: The Unbelievable Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

A/N: I'M BACK!I'm sorry everybody :( I just finished my last final today! I'll be trying to update faster now... but I'm also leaving on a month long trip starting next Thursday... So I'll try and still update... but it might be delayed some again... I'm sorry :( but to make it up for these past 2 weeks or so... This is a super long chapter! Also! Above is how we pictured the upper and lower floor levels in the club, except... it is way spaced out and the back corner is how we pictured the the stairway to be when they walk up the stairs. Anyways... there it is! Enjoy the chapter! Thank you for commenting :) I'll definitely try and put them in here. Feel free to guess who's already been hinted at! And I tried to be angsty last chapter... I'm not very good at it. ENJOY~ :)


 

“I’m not going to tell you anything.” Minho calmly stated after he regained some of his senses and realized that his shorter albeit scary friend isn’t as scary as he says. At least… that’s what he kept telling himself. Key is one of the scariest people to ever work at the club… besides Heechul, of course.

“Oh, really? Yeobo~” Key purred out the last word, walking under the entrance of the bar and cornering his taller friend to where he knew he couldn’t escape. Sungmin watched in fear before quietly running under the entrance behind the diva and escaping the possible wrath to come. He mouthed back “Sorry!” to the now ever-growing scared frog.

“Minwoo~! Where are you already?!” Ryeowook yelled out in the background. If he or Key were paying attention, they would’ve seen the said boy run around and hide behind another booth where they couldn’t find him. Minwoo slightly giggled feeling he had already won this game.

“Yeobo~” Key said again, grabbing his own earpiece behind the counter and walking straight up to Minho, stopping to leave about an inch between their bodies. “You know as well as anyone I can get guys as well.”

“Key? What are you doing? Help me find him!” Ryeowook said desperately, just now noticing his partner isn’t helping him at all. He raised an eyebrow when the other put his finger up in the air beside him, signaling him to give him another minute or two.

“I’m not telling you anything, Kibum.” Minho reinstated, stubborn, trying to move back as far as possible to get his personal space back. He started bending backwards over the counter.

“Really now?” The diva gracefully raised one of his eyebrows. He put in his earpiece and leaned further into Minho’s personal space before saying, “Taeminnie~ I need you to come up here and… get some information out of your best friend.” Minho’s eyes widened.

“Bwoh?” Taemin questioned downstairs hearing the random request. “Key-hyung? What do you need?”

Key smirked, “Oh, nothing really. I just want to know where my adorable new son is located up here.” He added as an afterthought, “Your best friend here doesn’t seem to want to tell me where he is at all.”

“Are you talking about the kid who came back with Leeteuk-hyung? Why won’t Minho-hyung tell you?”

“Indeed I am, Taemin. We’re playing a game, and your friend knows where he is. I just want to find him is all~.” Key explained somewhat. He smiled when he could hear the other’s light footsteps coming up the stairs within the next minute.

Minho stood speechless when he slowly turned his head to see blonde hair and a set of pink headphones around the person’s neck slowly coming up the stairs. Key grinned triumphantly seeing his, now, grown-up son walking onto the second floor. “Now would you please help me, Taemin?”

“’s about to go down!” Henry yelled out excitedly in English, following the younger male up the stairs, curious as to what was actually happening on the second floor. “Sorry, Minho.” He added after.

Minho glared at his hyung before worrying about what his two friends were going to do to him. Taemin smirked when he walked under the entrance of the bar and took his hyung’s spot in front of Minho. “Now… Minho-hyung… Why won’t you help out our beloved Key-hyung?”

“…What are they going to do to him, oppa?” Sora quietly asked, watching what was happening across the room from them with wide eyes.

“I have no idea, Sora… but I’m just glad he didn’t go after one of us.” Leeteuk replied amusedly. He smiled at Henry who was leaning against the wall by the stairway.

“I’m just glad to be able to escape.” Sungmin added with a sigh from his place at the booth connected to theirs.

Minho stood there for a minute before gaining back some of his strength again then stood up straight, pushing the smaller boy slightly away from him to do so. “It’s Minwoo’s right to stay hidden. You can go help Key and Ryeowook-hyung find him.”

Taemin glanced back to see a shrugging Key, “It’s part of the game, but he made me and Ryeowook-hyung run around trying to catch him first.”

The younger male nodded, “I see.” He turned his attention back to his best friend and stared him down, “Do you remember what I’m capable of, hyung?”

Minho inwardly shivered at the threat, “Yes. I do remember. I’d rather not want to be on the end of your abilities, however.”

Taemin shrugged, a glint showing in his eyes, “Then you would do your best to help one of my favorite hyungs.”

Minho took a glance behind his younger friend’s head to see his friend smirking at him. “You also do remember what Key-hyung is capable of too, right?” He diverted his attention back to Taemin when he heard that question. He looked back to Key to see his smirk growing bigger.

“Key-ah! Hurry up!” Ryeowook yelled out in the midst of the confrontation, getting aggravated it was taking them too long to find the young boy.

“One more minute, hyung.” Key replied back, never leaving his slightly younger friend’s gaze. “Now, do we need to remind you of what we can do, Minho-ah?”

“We can always remind you the hard way, yeobo.” Taemin added in, a threatening look with a hint of a certain gleam now in his eyes. He thought this was a nice change from constantly listening to music and staying downstairs all day.

Minho gulped, looking back and forth between the diva and his offspring. He looked to the side to see if he could still spot Minwoo. He still could. “Minwoo!” He yelled out, “Run!”

“Really?! I came up here just for you to chicken out?!” Henry yelled out, slightly annoyed but still amused at what he just witnessed. Who knew the tough exterior Minho showed off would crumble under his two best friends’ words?

Hearing his name being called out, Minwoo picked up his head from behind the booth he was hiding behind and look to his hyung behind the counter being cornered by his Key-umma and another blonde man he hasn’t seen before. He saw Key quickly turn his head and spot him. Minwoo instantly widened his eyes at the realization, got up, and started to run away before he was suddenly attacked with a hug from behind. He squealed and tried to get out of the person’s grasp.

“I got you!” Ryeowook’s voice excitedly yelled out from behind him.

Minwoo turned around and started to laugh, “Let go of me Ryeowook-hyung!”

Taemin raised an eyebrow at the new boy with dark brown hair laughing and squealing in Ryeowook’s grasp. He turned around to look at Key who was smiling triumphantly, both of them ignoring Minho’s huge sigh of relief. “Is that the boy who came back with Leeteuk-hyung?”

Key turned his head to look at Taemin giving him a questioning look and nodded. “Yup. That’s No Minwoo. He’s my second son after you.” He turned to look at the said boy standing still in Ryeowook’s grasp, making sure he didn’t run away again, then looked back to Taemin. “Do you want to meet him, Minnie?”

Taemin turned his attention away from the boy to his hyung looking at him with a small smile. He was sure Key could see the hesitance in his eyes.

“I still love you the same, Taeminnie.” Key still smiled at him gently. After a few more minutes of thinking and looking from the boy to Key and vice versa, Taemin nodded. The elder still had the same smile when he turned to look at Minwoo giggling with Ryeowook, “Minwoo-ah!” Key stuck his hand out and motioned for the younger to come to him. “Come here for a few minutes!”

Once the others heard what was happening, they sighed finally realizing the now double threat was gone and went back to talking to each other, ignoring what was happening at the other side of the room.

Minwoo turned his attention to his Key-umma and made a move to get out of Ryeowook’s grasp to go to his new umma. Once Taemin saw the other coming over, he followed Key out from under the bar entrance, finally allowing Minho to have his personal space back and to be able to breath again. He watched as Minwoo instantly gave Key a hug then looked at him with curious eyes. Key laughed softly looking at each of his sons: one with a curious stare and the other with hidden curiosity.

“Minwoo-ah… This is Taemin-hyung. He is my first son before you.” Key informed the younger male. He turned to Taemin. “Taeminnie. This is No Minwoo.” He smiled at each of the young boys.

Minwoo took in the information then the hair color the other boy had. He turned to Key and looked up at his hair then took turns looking at the two. “You’re not his real son, right?”

Taemin and Key instantly looked at each other and took in the other’s appearance before they both started laughing. Minwoo looked confusedly between the two blonde men before bringing up his hand and tugging the edge of Key’s shirt. “Key-umma?"

Key and Taemin looked back to the boy beside the elder and calmed down enough for Taemin to explain, “No. I’m not Key-hyung’s real son. He took care of me when I first joined and I was still pretty young. I just dyed my hair.” He smiled at Minwoo, “I’m glad to meet you, Minwoo. It’s nice to know Key-hyung has another son to take care of instead of me.” He laughed when he saw Key glare at him, “Saranghae, Key-umma~.”

Key slowly softened under Taemin’s smile and went over to hug him, “Yah, you grew up so well.” He paused before adding, “Even you’re taking after me.”

“No kidding.” Minho commented from behind the bar. He inwardly flinched when he saw his two blonde best friends give him a special look with a glint in their eyes saying, “You test us one more time, and you’re dead.”

Kyuhyun walked up the stairs with his duffel bag and backpack he quickly picked up before he left to see the two blonde pretty boys giving Minho a special look only a few of their workers could pull off. He sighed when he walked onto the floor, “So what did Minho do this time?”

The workers paying attention to the scene in front of them turned to the entranceway of the stairway to see their secondary hacker standing next to Henry. Kyuhyun turned to his side, “Why are you up here, Henry?”

The other shrugged, “I thought there was going to be a fun fight scene or something between those three.”

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow then turned in the direction of Minho, Key, Taemin, and Minwoo then looked over to Ryeowook to see his hyung smiling and shaking his head at them. “So…”

“When have I done something the first time?!” Minho suddenly yelled out, not liking being on the defensive side for once. It meant that he was losing… which everybody knows he dislikes to the millionth degree.

The gamer just smirked at his friend before saying in a singsong voice, “Never~ mind~” then suddenly being attacked by a shorter individual. He looked down to see the now familiar head of dark brown hair hugging him, “Haha, I told you I’d be back, Minwoo.” He gave the other a soft squeeze.

Minwoo looked up at Kyuhyun and smiled brightly, “You did! Welcome back, Kyuhyun-hyung!”

The elder laughed at the younger’s attitude, “Thanks, Min-ah.”

“Who’s that kid?” A new voice asked behind Kyuhyun. The latter turned around to see his other three hyungs walking up the stairs after talking to the other workers downstairs.

“This…” Kyuhyun started before turning around and letting them see Minwoo.

“…Is No Minwoo.” Zhou-mi finished, smiling upon seeing the bright kid again.

“Zhou-mi-hyung!” Minwoo yelled out excitedly before leaving the gamer’s side and giving the former nurse a big hug as well.

“The feminine-looking guy there is Heechul, and that other foreign-looking one is Hangeng.” Kyuhyun explained to the younger boy now looking curiously at both of the newcomers.

“…Feminine-looking guy?”

“…That other foreign-looking one?”

Both Heechul and Hangeng stared at their younger friend incredulously. “Really?” They both asked at the same time. Minho was definitely glad he got away from a diva’s wrath. He watched as his hyung just smirked back at the other two.

“Yes. That’s exactly what you guys are.”

“…And the snarky attitude is back.” Ryeowook commented before turning around and going to sit with Sungmin and the others.

“I’m not sure if I want to stay and watch this, or not…” Henry added, deciding whether go back down the stairs or go follow Ryeowook. He decided to stay and stood near Zhou-mi.

Hangeng started rubbing the bridge of his nose and had his eyes closed in frustration. He sighed, “Heechul-hyung… Come on… Let’s just… go… I don’t know… Cook or relax or something.” He opened his eyes and looked to his best friend beside him to see him… still glaring at Kyuhyun.

“Heechul… hyung? Hangeng-hyung?” Minwoo softly voiced from beside Zhou-mi, who was just smiling softly, slightly amused.

Heechul immediately snapped his head in the direction of the boy and looked him up and down. “Have you done anything worthy yet?”

Minwoo’s eyes widened, “B-bwoh?”

“He was able to make Key and Ryeowook run around up here for at least 20 minutes!” Leeteuk y

Please log in to read the full chapter