The Start of the Mission... Almost

Paradox: The Unbelievable Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Kyuhyun! Come on! We need to go cover in the club tonight!” A voice yelled thoughout the apartment complex.

“Minnie! I just want to relax and play my games!” A masculine voice yelled back behind a closed door. Sungmin was currently waiting by the elevator of the fourth floor so they could both ride back down to the ground level.

You see… their apartment complex is pretty… complex. It looked like a normal, nice looking apartment complex on the outside. The only catch is that all the occupants were full of all the members who worked at the club. The basement contained the various training rooms including a small shooting range and a yoga or dance practice room. The first floor provided the big kitchen, living room, some extra bedrooms, and everything needed to just relax with everybody else and to house special guests. The second and third floor contained the women of the house, while the fourth floor contained Onew, Taemin, Key, Minho, Jonghyun, Jaejoong, Yunho, Junsu, Changmin, and Yoochun. The fifth floor contained the rest of the males in the club while the sixth floor housed their boss. They had an elevator reaching all the floors and normal looking stairs like in a regular house.

“Kyuhyun! Come on! I’m sure Ryeowook would like your help when Zhou-mi is helping Key help Victoria!” Sungmin yelled aggravated at one of his best friends as he tapped his foot on the ground.

“Fine, fine! Hang on!” Sungmin watched as Kyuhyun walked out of his room in just a black wifebeater and sweats.

“Seriously, Kyu?” The shorter deadpanned. “Go back in your room and change right now.”

The younger just raised an eyebrow at his hyung. “Really? If I’m going to be cooking with Wookie, why do I need to be dressed?”

Sungmin’s eyebrow twitched. “What if you see a pretty girl or something? Do you really want to be dressed like that?” He pointed a finger accusingly at the maknae of his group of friends.

“You’re adorable when you’re angry, Minnie. You know that, right?” The taller smiled charmingly at the elder.

Sungmin just growled in response. “That won’t work on me. Now go back. And change. Now!”

Kyuhyun just smirked. “You’ll regret that when you can’t sleep tonight.”

“Whatever, I have my noise-cancelling headphones.” The shorter male scoffed, crossing his arms across his chest and smirking. He can’t affect me with his gaming anymore.

The taller just turned around and calmly walked to his room. Before he shut the door, he sang out, “I’ve hidden all the batteries from you~.”

“AGH~!” Sungmin yelled out in frustration, throwing his hands up in the air. “How does Ryeowook even put up with you, too?!”

 

)()(

 

Key finally came out of the medic room and sat at the bar where Minho was working. He sighed out, “…Sungmin-hyung isn’t here yet?”

Minho quietly laughed and shook his head. “Kyuhyun-hyung is probably giving him a hard time.” He suddenly shifted gears and started making a drink. In a few minutes, he had a perfectly made drink in his hand and gave it to Key. “Here, Kibum. You need it. I can tell.”

Key looked up from rubbing his temples and laughing quietly. “You always know when I need it.” He took the drink and downed half of it in one gulp.

“Haha, dang Key. Calm down there.” Minho joked around. “...How’s noona?” He softly asked.

Key didn’t move, but he eventually sighed. “She’s healing. She’s still passed out though. Nichkhun-hyung is starting to worry… again.” He started to rub his temples. “I’ve reassured him a million times she’ll be fine. He just wants to see her smiling face again… Can’t blame him on that one.” He took a sip from his drink then smiled. “Thanks, Minho.”

“Mhm.” Minho hummed as he got ready to make another drink for his friend. “Ah. Jonghyun-hyung, Teuk-hyung, and Sulli already went out to help SeKyung-noona and Sora-noona.”

Key looked to his friend and nodded. “Must be important, huh? What song did they decide to play?”

The bartender shrugged, “I’m not sure. I think they’re waiting for more information from Jjong-hyung.”

“Ah, I see.” Key turned around in his stool at the bar and saw Ryeowook and Jessica conversing with the two females in one booth he assumed were the victims from the recent mission. His eyes flicked around the room again to see Yesung, Siwon, Jaejoong, and Changmin talking in another booth… although it still looked like Jaejoong was pouting the tiniest bit. He looked around a bit more to see… “Where’s Krystal anyways?” He turned around to look at Minho.

“Oh, she went to go get ready with Shindong-hyung, Yunho-hyung, and Tiffany-noona. They’re going out on the mission too.” The other calmly replied while taking Key’s empty glass and putting the new one in front of him. “Henry also took the place of Jjong-hyung when he left in a rush. Is Zhou-mi still in the medic room?”

“Neh, he’s watching over Taecyeon-hyung and noona with Khun-hyung.” Key sighed once again before leaning his head on his closed fist using his elbow as support on the table. “Can you tell Sunny-noona to not take it too hard downstairs? I don’t want to put my earpiece in just yet. It kinda bugs my ears when I wear all my piercings sometimes.”

Minho chuckled then smiled at him. “Don’t worry. Onew-hyung has that covered. Henry’s been helping him too. They finally got some sense into her so she’d at least sit while she’s working.”

“Yah!”

“We’ve got her covered Minho! Don’t worry!” Both Onew and Henry yelled out before Sunny could protest any further. “Yah! Sit still, or you’ll never heal!!” Minho heard the former yell out.

“Haha, don’t worry, Key. It’s all~ covered.” Minho smiled again, albeit a bit nervously this time. “Anyways, why don’t you go take a quick nap? I’ll tell Ryeowook-hyung to bring in food for those three in 30 minutes.” He offered. “I could get Onew-hyung to come up here and give you a massage as well?”

“I wouldn’t mind.”

“He said he wouldn’t mind.” Minho relayed the message.

Key looked back to his friend and seemed to contemplate the offer. Eventually he nodded, “Okay. I will. Will one of you get me if Victoria-noona wakes up if I’m asleep? I want to check on her wounds if she does.” Once he saw Minho nod at him, he got up and went into one of the spare rooms used as a bedroom to go take a nap.

“Aish… What a stressful day…” Minho commented while he took Key’s second half-empty drink and dumped it out, starting to clean it too.

 

)()(

 

“Oh my God, Kyuhyun. Hurry up, already!” Sungmin yelled out exasperated at the other man’s behavior. He was still in the hallway waiting for the maknae when he started stomping his way to the other’s shared bedroom. “Damn it, Kyu!” He slammed open the door to see Kyuhyun walking towards him in slacks and a button up shirt that was half tucked in, half tucked out. His brown hair all messy as he tried to find something he felt looked good enough for the elder yet was comfortable enough for him.

“Good enough, I’m guessing?” The taller smirked as he saw Sungmin’s wide eyes on him.

“Neh…” The other quietly said before regaining his composure. “Now, come on! Ryeowook and Minho are waiting for us!” He walked in and grabbed the taller man’s arm, proceeding to drag him out and to the elevator.

“You know. I don’t even cook, hyung. Why am I the one cooking with Ryeowook?” Kyuhyun stated as they walked inside the elevator that seemed to open the instant they pushed the button.

“Because,” Sungmin pushed the button for the first floor, “you and Ryeowook have some kind of connection. Plus, you can make some decent dumplings. I’m sure you two can make nice meals with the help of each other.” He explained as they reached the first floor. They walked out after grabbing a few goodies that were lying on the kitchen table, set by Hyoyeon, and got into Kyuhyun’s car. “You’re also driving because I like your car.” He answered the other’s silent question.

Kyuhyun just sighed in annoyance, “Anything for one of my favorite hyungs, you bunny.”

 

)()(

 

“So you two are finally out, huh?” Yoochun commented as he saw one of his best friends and his other friend step out of Taeyeon’s outstanding sports car. He was leaning against the doorframe of the opened back door of the club.

“Neh. It wasn’t that bad.” Junsu replied as he walked up to where his friend was waiting for them.

“Says you…” Kangin grumbled out. “Those meals were good… but not good enough… and I almost kept getting in random fights…” He followed after his friends as they started going into the club. They heard the sound of a car driving off, probably just Taeyeon parking her car.

“So, what’s going on? New mission?” Junsu asked as they made their way up the stairs and saw Minho working by himself at the bar.

Yoochun just nodded. “Yup. Leeteuk, Jonghyun, and Sulli already left ahead according to the screaming I heard earlier when I was up here.”

Kangin looked to his friend in surprise. “Leeteuk’s going? It must be really important if he’s going.”

The other nodded, “It has to do with Sora-sshi.” The other two just nodded in understanding as they imagined what kind of danger their friend’s… friend was in.

Please log in to read the full chapter