Kyuhyun Minus The Snarky Attitude

Paradox: The Unbelievable Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

A/N: I'm so sorry this is over a week late everybody! I've been busy with school and tests and lab reports shtuff :(. This chapter is unusally long compared to any of the previous chapters I think... so I hope it somewhat makes up for my absence! I couldn't decide if I should just continue with the DBSK mission in this chapter or switch it to what was happening at the club while they were gone... I chose the latter ^^. I hope you guys don't hate me for it!

 

^Meanwhile, back at the club during the whole mission^

 

“Kyuhyun-hyung! Play with me!” Minwoo shouted out while running around the kitchen in the club.

“Yah! Minwoo! Be care-!” Kyuhyun tried to yell out with an outstretched hand before the boy knocked into a table, spilling over a bunch of oranges that were in a basket. He sighed, “Ah, Minwoo…” He walked over to the younger boy and bent down, stretching out a hand towards him. “Are you okay? Be careful next time, neh?”

Minwoo looked up at him while rubbing his lower back where he came in contact with the table. “I’m fine, Kyuhyun-hyung.” He smiled as he grabbed the elder’s hand and pulled himself up.

Ryeowook watched from his place by the door and smiled at the sight. Kyuhyun sighed once again after Minwoo was up and actually okay before bending back down to pick up the oranges that laid all over the small area of the kitchen floor they were in. The main chef smiled as he saw the taller male smile at the younger boy starting to help him pick everything up. Now it wasn’t every day he got to see a kind Kyuhyun without the snarky attitude. It was quite a rare sight if anybody else saw it.

“Even Kyuhyun has taken a liking to the boy.” A voice commented behind Ryeowook, making the smaller male jump in surprise. He turned around to see his hyung chuckling at his actions. “Sorry, Wookie. I didn’t mean to scare you.”

Ryeowook smiled, “No need Teukie-hyung.” He turned to look back at the two younger males now running around away from one another, the younger trying to tackle the elder in a hug. “That boy is something special, isn’t he?”

“Mm.” Leeteuk hummed watching the two younger males with a smile.

“Oh!” The eldest looked down to the younger in question. Ryeowook looked up at him.

“Is Sora-sshi okay?”

Leeteuk sighed, closing his eyes but nodded nonetheless. “She’s fine. She’s just a bit terrified of anything that makes sudden movements or loud noises.” He paused, opening up his eyes again and looking at his little ‘brother.’ “She wasn’t either.”

Ryeowook sighed in relief. “That’s good, hyung. Let her stay at the club. We’ll all watch out for her.” He offered for all of them.

“Neh.” The elder smiled at his considerate dongsaeng. “I’m making her, don’t worry.”

The two of them continued watching the heartwarming scene in front of them before the eldest gasped, remembering why he was there. “Ah, Ryeowook. I need to talk to Kyuhyun.” He answered the unasked question.

“Ah, okay, hyung.” Ryeowook said, a bit confused looking at his elder.

“Min-ah!” Leeteuk called out with an outstretched hand, motioning for the younger to come to him.

“Hyung!” Minwoo yelled out excitedly, leaving Kyuhyun to follow the younger boy to their eldest friend. Leeteuk laughed as the young boy attacked him in a hug. He pulled away to innocently ask his brother, “Is noona alright?”

Leeteuk let out a smile, “Neh, Min. She’s okay.” He ruffled the boy’s hair before telling him gently. “Go outside and talk to Vic-umma and Key-umma. I’ll be out there in a minute.” He smiled as the younger gave him a smile.

“Okay, hyung! Promise me!” Minwoo held out his right pinky causing the agents to laugh at his innocent behavior. Leeteuk entwined his pinky with the younger before shooing him out of the kitchen. “Now go. I’ll be there.”

Once Minwoo was out of the kitchen and out of earshot, the eldest of the trio turned to the youngest of the group. “Kyuhyun-ah. I have a favor to ask of you. Changmin isn’t here to help though.”

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow in question, “What do you need, hyung?”

Ryeowook looked at both of his friends, clearly interested in what his hyung was going to ask their friend. Leeteuk sighed, “I need you to find No Minwoo’s real brother.”

“Wh… what?” Kyuhyun asked in disbelief with eyes widened. He really took a great liking to the kid. “But… what would happen after I’ve found him? What about you?”

Ryeowook questioned his hyung’s motives too. It was the right thing to do, but he didn’t think the club would let go of the kid that easily. Leeteuk sighed again, “I can’t keep him separated from his real brother. We all basically promised to protect him. Once we find his brother, it’s up to Minwoo to decide what he wants to do.” He paused before continuing, “He’s brought changes to the people within the club he has met. It’s only right we let him reunite with his real brother.”

Kyuhyun and Ryeowook stayed quiet, thinking of their friend’s words before nodding. “Wookie… I’m going to go get my stuff back from the apartment and come back and try to find him. I’ll bring back Hangeng or Zhou-mi to help you with dinner later as well.”

Ryeowook nodded before telling Kyuhyun to bring back Heechul as well. “He needs to meet Minwoo before he makes whatever decision after we find his brother.”

“If Hangeng-hyung is coming, Heechul-hyung is bound to come with anyways.”

 

--

 

“Are you okay with going back to your apartment by yourself?” Victoria worriedly asked Sora as she helped the actress off the bed in the medic room. It was only the two of them in there.

“Neh… I think I’ll be fine…” Sora mumbled out as she started walking towards the door with the help of the queen.

Victoria sighed, “Not in this state. I’m making Leeteuk-oppa go with you. You’re going to bring some of your stuff back with you and stay in the club… or at least back in our own apartment complex for the next few weeks or months.” She looked to her side to see Sora with her head down. “Hey, Sora-ah…” She gently called out, rubbing the girl’s back before they opened the door. “We’re just worried about you. You know how oppa is. He’s going to freak out if I let you go by yourself.”

Sora looked up with a timid look, “I know…”

“Besides…” Victoria left off with a glint hidden within her eyes. She gave the younger girl a smile causing her to laugh, “We don’t need him aging any more than his age allows.”

They walked out of the medic room to see Minwoo happily talking to Key and Nichkhun, causing Victoria and Sora to smile. When they started walking closer, the youngest took a quick glance out of the corners of his eyes then did a double-take before his smile grew even bigger if that was possible. He jumped out of his seat and rushed over to the two women. Key and Nichkhun watched in confusion at what he was doing since they were too preoccupied trying to keep the young boy company. Both of the men let out a small smile as they saw who was approaching them.

“Noo-!” Minwoo started to excitedly yell and going to hug them before remembering what his hyung said. He instantly calmed down ten levels before talking again and taking a step back. “…Noonas~.” He started off softly, smiling at them. He turned his attention to Sora, “Is noona feeling better?”

Victoria couldn’t help but squeal at the cuteness Minwoo seemed to be flawlessly giving off before attacking the young boy with a hug. “You’re so adorable!” Nichkhun laughed while looking at his love with kind eyes. Key smiled at the scene while Sora softly smiled at the boy’s limitless concern for her. She spoke softly, “Minwoo-ah…”

Minwoo gave Victoria a big smile and turned back to Sora who was about six feet away from them. He heard her soft voice calling for him over the noise Victoria and Nichkhun were making. His eyes widened slightly in concern before looking to Victoria for a moment and getting out of her grasp. He slowly walked over to his hyung’s soon-to-be girlfriend and stopped about two feet away from her. He softly said back, “Noona?”

At this moment, Leeteuk, with Kyuhyun and Ryeowook trailing behind, walked out of the kitchen to see Minwoo and Sora facing each other, the former with curiousness evident in his eyes and the latter showing hesitance. The two younger agents followed quietly, the elder of the two smiling that Sora looked better than earlier and the younger smiling at Minwoo’s timid actions. They continued to walk further to reach them when Kyuhyun and Ryeowook suddenly both bumped into Leeteuk’s back when he suddenly stopped walking. They were still smiling but looked around the elder’s back to see his widened eyes and shocked expression.

What he saw was Sora quietly and slowly walking towards Minwoo and softly pulling him into a hug. Leeteuk’s shocked expression grew into a soft smile when he saw Sora’s face soften into a smile and Minwoo smiling happily at his noona. He didn’t even acknowledge Kyuhyun and Ryeowook bumping into him when he started walking again.

“I’m okay, Minwoo-ah…” Sora quietly said to the young boy as she felt him gently return the hug, “Thank you for caring for me.” She pulled away to see Leeteuk, Kyuhyun, and Ryeowook walking towards them and smiled at them.

“I’m happy, noona.” Minwoo said once they parted from each other. He gave her a big smile, “If hyung cares about you, I will too.”

Sora looked back to the young boy and continued to smile. “Thank you.”

“Anything-.” Minwoo paused when he felt a soft pat on his back. He turned around to see his hyung smiling at him. “Hyung!” He softly yelled out, remembering to not be too loud around his noona. He smiled back at him, “You came out!”

Leeteuk softly laughed at his words, “Of course I did. I promised you, didn’t I?” He smiled, showing his dimple, as he watched Minwoo nod happily at him. Sora softly laughed at the scene.

“Hey, Vic.” Victoria turned around away from the scene at the voice of her boyfriend.

“Neh, Khunnie?” She questioned. She walked over and sat next to him and smiled at Key on the other side of her boyfriend. Key smiled back then turned his attention to focus on the boy talking happily with Leeteuk and consequently Sora, Kyuhyun, and Ryeowook.

“I think I’m going to go back to my company. They haven’t seen or heard from me in a couple of days. The only things they heard about me were from Taecyeon.” He laughed remembering a call he received from his friend while he was still sitting outside in the hallway earlier. Taecyeon was getting aggravated that he hadn’t returned and that there’s only so much he and his friends could do without him.

Victoria smiled, understanding, “Okay, yeobo. Be safe, okay?” She hugged him as Key ‘aww-ed’ from beside them, just briefly catching that scene. Victoria blushed a bit while Nichkhun just laughed. They parted and Nichkhun turned around back to Key to hook an arm around his shoulder.

“Wait ‘till you get a girlfriend!” He joked with the younger. Key blushed at the thought. “Haha, and now you see.” The specialist commented seeing the diva’s face slightly turn pink.

Regaining control of himself, Key pushed Nichkhun away from him and stuck his tongue out, “Whatever! You’re lucky you’re dating noona. You would be so dead if you weren’t.”

Nichkhun laughed at his response as he stood up, Victoria following suit. “Haha you wouldn’t be able to kill me anyways.” He winked at Key before walking towards the medic room, which happened to be his makeshift bedroom while he was at the club. Key stayed silent, lightly glaring at him as Victoria followed him to the medic room. Key returned his attention to what was happening in front of him.

“Kyuhyun-hyung! Let’s play again!” Minwoo yelled out happily, tagging Kyuhyun’s arm before running his way to the bar where Sungmin and Minho were just chatting along.

Kyuhyun laughed at the young boy before jogging his way to catch up with him. “Minwoo! You shouldn’t run up here! You could hurt yourself!” He slightly yelled out, saying ‘hey, guys’ to the bartenders then running away to try and catch the younger man.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen Kyuhyun this… happy. Freely anyways.” Sun

Please log in to read the full chapter