The Faint Killer

Paradox: The Unbelievable Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Two males piled into an interesting colored Fisker Karma electric sports car. In one direction, the color takes on the color deep purple; while in the other direction, it looks royal blue.

“I can’t believe you guys forgot about us this whole time…” The eldest of the two grumbled as he climbed into the back seat of the car.

“Sorry, oppa. We were busy!” Taeyeon exclaimed as the last passenger got into the front seat and closed the door. She started speeding off back to their club. “Oh, did you tell that criminal what’s happened?” She took a quick glance out of the corner of her eyes at the man sitting next to her.

“Of course. He seemed very happy to know his ‘shadow’ was killed.” He turned to look at the passenger in the back seat who had a frown on his face. He laughed, “Come on, Kangin. It wasn’t that bad… right?”

Kangin turned his head to look at his dongsaeng. “…Whatever you say, Junsu. You made new friends while I had to make sure I didn’t get killed in there.”

Taeyeon just laughed at the conversation, “Oh!” She exclaimed, “Before I forget… You know how my memory is... Leeteuk-oppa, Jonghyun, and Sulli already left for a mission that immediately came while we were treating some of the agents who got injured during this mission.”

Junsu and Kangin stopped their talking when they heard that information. “Really? That was fast…” The latter commented. “Are they alright?”

Taeyeon looked through the rearview mirror and nodded, “Neh… I guess. It’s Kang Sora… That’s why oppa is out there. Jonghyun is out there because SeKyung was the one who made the call.”

“Bwoh?”

 

)()(

 

“Hyung! You can’t put that much pepper into one dish! That’s not healthy for someone who isn’t used to it!!” Ryeowook shouted out as Jaejoong continued to pour pepper into a dish as Changmin started to put some in another dish. The elder saw this and quickly turned his head to the side. “Changmin! Not you too! What have you guys been feeding our workers and guests?!” The eternal maknae started to freak out as he watched his two friends continue to make the dishes as they pleased.

“Now you see what happened to us while you were gone, Wook.” A calm voice spoke out through the earpiece.

“Yah, Siwon! Our cooking isn’t that bad! It’s delicious!” Jaejoong protested back at the other male.

“But you did make us cry a million rivers, hyung.” Minho calmly defended one of his favorite hyungs.

“Jae-hyung! Changmin! Please stop! Stop, stop, stop!” Ryeowook desperately called out as he ran around trying to grab all of the plates away from his hyung and dongsaeng.

“Wookie. You really need to calm down…” Yesung’s voice spoke through the earpiece.

“How can I calm down when they’re hurting the pH balance of all of our stomachs?!” Ryeowook yelled back as his two friends kept trying to make new dishes with more peppers into it. “You two! Out, out, out!” He put down the plates he was carrying and tried shoving Jaejoong and Changmin out of the room. “Yesung-hyung! Siwon-hyung! Help me!” He yelled out.

In a few minutes, Siwon and Yesung came into the kitchen to see Ryeowook struggling but failing to push their favorite friends out of the kitchen.

“Stop! These dishes will be perfect with this pepper! It’s sweet, I swear!” Jaejoong yelled out, grabbing onto his favorite basket of Jolokia peppers and trying to add it to another dish as Ryeowook squeaked and pushed the plate of food away from him.

“He’s right, Wookie-hyung. Let us just finish these dishes first.” Changmin calmly replied as he grabbed the black pepper and started piling a black heap of dust onto another plate. The youngest groaned as he tried taking all the peppers away from them and ran to the opposite side of the kitchen.

“No! Leave the dishes alone! Sungie! Siwon! Hyungs! Please take them out of here!” He yelled out once again as the other two chefs started walking their way towards him.

The two other men sighed and started walking towards their way to Jaejoong and Changmin. “Come on, you guys. Let Wookie here cook us all our meals. You know he makes the best dishes around here.” Yesung commented. “Second to you, of course, Jaejoong!” Siwon quickly added as he saw the glare from the feminine man directed to his other hyung.

They eventually were able to grab the arms of both men and started directing them out of the kitchen. “Thank you, hyungs!” was the last thing all four heard coming from the eternal maknae as they made their way out of the kitchen.

 

)()(

 

“Sunny! Stop bouncing around on that leg of yours!” The bartender yelled at his friend trying to dance behind the counter.

“I can’t stop! I want to dance to the music!” Sunny yelled out as she started tapping her finger on the clean counter.

“Come on! Help me make these drinks. It’s starting to get busier around here.” He started making another drink after placing one on the tray in front of him.

“Onew~! My leg doesn’t hurt that much!” Sunny exclaimed, starting to move her head in time to the music.

“I don’t care, Sunny! I have direct orders from the Kibum, AND I’m worried about you!” Onew protested over the loud music. “I don’t want your wounds re-opening!”

“He’s right, Sunny. I would rather not hear Key worrying over you. He’d be constantly nagging us for not watching you closer.” A male waiter came up to them. “The drinks aren’t ready, yet?”

Onew gave the male waiter a glare before putting down the last drink on the tray. “Be quiet, Henry. Sunny isn’t helping at all here.”

Henry sighed before looking to his other friend behind the counter. “Come on, Sunny. You need to help Onew here not get as stressed right now. One of his friends hasn’t woken up yet. His other friend is obsessing over that friend’s wounds plus two other people’s wounds, including yourself. And two of his other good friends went straight into another mission without any backup besides a top agent.” He explained as the other bartender started to calm down a little bit more.

“…I guess so. Sorry, Onew… I’ll try and focus more.” Sunny apologized while turning to her friend then going to grab a stool for her to sit and rest on.

Onew visibly sighed before smiling at them. “It’s okay. I’m just really worried. I’m one of the originals but I haven’t been on a mission in a long time. I feel like I haven’t done anything yet.”

“If it makes you feel any better, they’ll get you when the time comes for what you excel at.” Henry comforted him as Sunny just nodded from her place next to him.

 

)()(

 

One woman walked up the stairs courtesy of the ice princess. “Ma’am… here you go.” The princess directed as she led the woman to sit in the same booth as Minsu.

“Where am I? It sounds like a lively club before I walked up the stairs. Is this a bar as well?”

Minsu gasped. “Chohee-sshi? That’s you?” She turned to her side where she knew the other woman was sitting.

“Ah…” Chohee was a little shocked to hear the young girl’s voice. She turned back in the direction where she heard the princess move a chair and sit down in front of them. “Does this have to do with my husband?”

“Ah… yes. My name is Jessica. I was on the mission with Sun-ja and Eun Mi to protect this young girl from ‘Black Shadow.’ We have managed to protect her, but in the process…” Jessica paused for a few seconds, watching the expressions on each woman’s faces. “He was shot down by one of our agents to protect everybody involved.”

Minsu gasped at the information while the wife of the man frowned but nodded in understanding. “I knew something felt off after he kept asking questions about that criminal…” She quietly said as she turned her head downwards. “It took him 15 years to act on it… I thought he was just curious…”

“I’m sorry. We would’ve taken him to jail, but he threatened and almost killed one of our own.” Jessica continued, sad at the expressions the two across from her were making. “Eun Mi would have delivered you two the information, but she is currently healing from a large amount of blood loss she sustained during the mission. Sun-ja is currently healing as well although her injuries are not as bad.”

“Omo…” Minsu commented. hung a little open at the information, too shocked to say anything else.

“I hope she gets better soon. I’d like to thank her for everything. I’m so sorry she was injured this badly trying to prevent the man I married from hurting anybody else.” Chohee sadly said. She couldn’t believe how much harm her husband did to those she barely met. Jessica watched quietly as the two women started to get lost in their thoughts. “Oh…” She turned her attention to the older woman. “May I meet the person who shot down my late husband?”

Please log in to read the full chapter