What a Crazy Banquet!

Paradox: The Unbelievable Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey guys! Quick note! The bold, italicized words are their boss' words to them BEFORE the mission. So there's a little bit of flashback going on in here. Remember they also have ear pieces between all of them. Within the next 2 or so chapters, there will be sections within a new chapter explaining the specific skills each idol has learned or honed. Enjoy~!

 

A man with dark brown hair and a lady with light brown hair walked up to the big doors of a big hall. They looked at each other.

“You have a little bit of blonde hair sticking out, oppa.” The female said quietly while quickly fixing his wig. “You really should dye your hair back to a more natural color. Your hair sticks out way too much.”

The older male just laughed. “I just love this color too much. I look too good with it.”

After his partner was satisfied with how they looked. They walked in through the doors. Men in suits and women in classy dresses were walking around conversing with businessmen, their wives, and other rich couples.

“You five have been chosen for this mission.”

The newly arrived couple entered the banquet and went up to a couple next to the refreshments. “Annyeonghasaeyo. My name is Kim Hyun-woo. This is my fiancée, Lee Ji-min.” They both slightly bowed. The other couple introduced themselves and bowed as well.

“Do you know the Park family in charge of the company?” The other male questioned. “You look awfully young to be here.”

“Ah, my father actually knew the CEO from the past. I figured he would have wanted me to see his old time friend.” Kim Hyun-woo swiftly answered. His fiancée looked at her partner and smiled.

“Eunhyuk and Luna. Your aliases are Kim Hyun-woo and Lee Ji-min. You two are engaged for this mission. The client informed Leeteuk of a banquet he believed his son would be attending.”

“My, your dress is positively gorgeous Ji-min-sshi.” The elder woman commented on the other’s dress.

“Oh, thank you very much.” Ji-min responded back with a smile. She was wearing a deep blue long gown that had no sleeves but a V-neck neckline. It wasn’t deep enough to be daring, but enough to look stunning in it. She wore a diamond necklace, a diamond bracelet on her left wrist, and a silver ring on her left ring finger. She held a small silver clutch in her right hand. She had her arm linked with her husband-to-be.

“I suppose it’s now time to eat, neh?” Hyun-woo questioned, catching the attention of the two women. They looked to see everybody else moving to sit at one of the many tables in the room.

“Neh, yeobo. It is.” Ji-min smiled up at her partner. “It was nice to meet you two. We’ll go now.” Both couples bowed in response. The younger couple made their way to a couple where they knew the man was an employee. Conveniently, they were sitting next to a woman who was also a worker.

“Jonghyun. You will be the hacker and will go into action once they need backup. Find out the workers attending the event and fill in Eunhyuk and Luna as to how they look like. Assist them in finding the kidnapped son.”

“Hyung, dongsaeng. I can track their IDs. It’s on them.”

Hyun-woo smiled at his partner. They walked up to the table with two available seats left. “Annyeonghasaeyo. Do you mind if we sit here?” Hyun-woo politely asked.

“Oh, no. We don’t mind at all. Please, join us.” They assumed it was the employee’s wife who responded back to them. They smiled in thanks.

“My name is Kim Hyun-woo, and my fiancée Lee Ji-min.” They all introduced themselves to each other.

“The male worker you’re sitting with… His name should be Joong Ki. The woman employee’s name is Ji Hyo.”

Ji-min moved her face closer to her partner who was laughing at the conversation he and the others at their table were having. She looked like she was whispering in the other’s ear. “Oppa, can you find out where their IDs are?” She moved back in her seat and smiled along the rest, joining in their conversation. After a few minutes, they heard a response.

“The woman’s ID is actually on her waist. Is she wearing a skirt? The man’s is in his front right pocket of his pants.”

Ji-min swiftly took a quick glance to see if the woman’s ID was visible enough around her waist. She could see a faint outline of a badge under the woman’s blouse. She felt her husband-to-be squeeze her hand. She turned to look at him to see him lean back in his chair just enough for her to see the badge in the other man’s pocket. They sure were lucky to be sitting right next to them around the round table.

While their meal was being served, Ji-min devised of a plan to get the IDs. “Oh, excuse me. I’m embarrassed. These shoes are new and the straps are cutting into my skin. Please don’t mind me.”

“Oh, it’s no problem. I completely understand.” The other woman smiled. Ji-min grabbed band-aids out of her clutch and bent over towards the woman sitting next to her to put on a band-aid on the back of each of her ankles. Before she came up, she swiftly unhooked the badge from the woman’s skirt and sat straight back up.

“Do you feel better now?” The other woman asked. She wondered why such a young lady was at an event. Maybe her looks deceived her age, she wondered.

“Neh, I do. Thank you.” Ji-min smiled in response.

“Are you okay, yeobo?” Hyun-woo concernedly asked his fiancée.

“Neh, I’m fine. I just had to put band-aids on my ankles.” She pointed down to her shoes. “These are completely new. I forgot to break them in.” She smiled shyly back at her partner. He smiled in response. Her eyes travelled down until she noticed something on Hyun-woo’s back. “Oh, yeobo. There’s something on the lower back of your shirt. Let me get it for you.”

“Ah, I do? Okay.” He responded back. He felt her hand brush against his lower back and leave just as quickly.

“Luna. Do you have both tags?”

Ji-min pulled back and whispered into Hyun-woo’s ear again. “I have them both. One is in Eunhyuk’s pocket.”The latter instantly stuck his hand in his left pants pocket. Man, she’s good.

“Okay… I’m turning off the lights. Get ready to move. In ten-”

“Wait.” Ji-min turned to look at her husband-to-be. She saw him looking in a different direction.

“What? I’m getting into their security cameras.”

Once he did, he noticed what was happening. A middle-aged man walked up to a podium and adjusted the microphone. “Excuse me, everybody. May I have your attention?” Everybody in the room quieted down. “I would like to introduce my daughter who will be marrying the son of one of the biggest coffee companies in South Korea.” A teenage girl who looked to be at least sixteen stood up from a table by the side of the podium and walked up to her father. She smiled to the crowd and bowed ninety degrees. “Annyeonghasaeyo. My name is Park Hye Mi. The man I am going to be marrying is Sam Dong.”

Please log in to read the full chapter