The Second Bartender

Paradox: The Unbelievable Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“You know… It’s been a day since they left for that tough mission.” Minho randomly said while cleaning a glass in the bar on the second floor.

“I know, oppa…” Luna trailed off.

“Yah… And making me work too.” The substitute bartender grumbled. Minho and Luna just laughed at the unfortunate fate of their favorite hyung and oppa. “Hey. Don’t use sarcasm on me!”

“Hahaha, how do you always know what we’re thinking?” Minho asked while laughing.

The other bartender smirked, “It’s because I’m Kim Heechul. Anything having to do with me, I instantly know what’s going on.” He gave them a devilish smile.

“Anyways~!” Key’s voice interrupted them from downstairs. “Stop glaring through the floor, hyung.”

Aish, all divas must have that talent…Minho thought.

“Yah! We heard that!” Both Heechul and Key yelled at the same time. Minho just held his hands up in defense.

“Anyways, if they need help, boss will send out more people.” Key stated. Downstairs, he watched as his best friend came in to work. “Hey, Jjong-hyung. How’s Sam Dong?”

Jonghyun gave his bag to Key who put it behind the counter. He grabbed his earpiece and apron and started tying it around his waist. “He’s good! He told me his dad is going to court soon for that restraining order deal.” He flashed the bartender a big smile. “Oh!” Key turned from his substitute bartender partner back to the dinosaur. “How tough is that mission, you think? They even put a top agent in that group.”

“And they’re even bringing in two of the best agents, if needed.” Eunhyuk added in.

 

)()(Flashback)()(

 

Victoria looked at their new clients. A young man and woman were facing back at her. “Why are you two here?” She had a good guess, but she needed them to tell her. She watched the man sigh and the woman start to visibly shake. She had bandages covering both her eyes.

“Some person… blindfolded my girlfriend… her… then carved her eyes out so she couldn’t see who did this to her…” The man immediately took the woman into his arms and started to try and comfort her again.

Victoria felt incredibly sad and sorry for her, but she was trained to not show it. “Are there any types of leads to this person?”

The man shook his head. “All I know is that I’ve heard of something happening like this a long time ago… But I thought that person was put in jail…” After a few minutes of thinking, he remembered a name. “Black blood.”

Victoria nodded, “I see.” She heard a voice through her earpiece. “Take it.” “We are taking this case. We will be sure to catch him or her for you.” She gave a gentle smile when she saw the young woman give her a small smile at her words.

The woman gave a small “Thank you.”

Victoria watched as they walked away with one of their bouncers turned bodyguard for safety. She sighed once again.

“Victoria. You are on this case.”

“Arasso.” She knew she’d be needed for a big case like this. She remembered why she was chosen to work there. She was originally a doctor after all.

“Taeyeon. I need you to call these members: Yesung, Zhou-mi, and Jessica.”

Downstairs in the booth nearest the dark hallway, a woman with short hair nodded and stoo

Please log in to read the full chapter