Chapter 15: The Action

Paradox: The Unbelievable Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Actual new update! :)

 

“Sunny!”

The girl dodged to the left as the man tried to stab her in the stomach. She took out her star and quickly brought her hand down to slice the man’s arm holding the knife. She quickly took a glance and saw Taeyeon standing in the entrance of the kitchen, waiting until she had another clear shot. She missed when the criminal ran at a full sprint towards her friend. Sunny averted her attention back to Dongmin as he tried to attack her again.

“Oh, no you don’t!” Sunny yelled as she spun and kicked the guy before he had a chance to try and stab her again. In the process, he brought his hand holding the knife next to him and was able to slash her leg. She winced at the sharp slice and ran into the living room throwing a ninja star at him again, hitting him in the left shoulder blade.

“Damn it!” He cursed out as he reached behind him and took the star out of his shoulder. He started to run after her.

Another gunshot was heard throughout the house. Minsu had no idea what was going on outside, but she hoped her unnis were safe. She couldn’t call her boyfriend because he had to go overseas for a business trip for his dad. She didn’t know what to do, and she was scared.

“Finally!” A female voice said happily.

Taeyeon and Sunny turned around to look at the new voice and smiled in relief. Taeyeon was never as great a shooter as she was a driver.

“Taeyeon. You will be in charge of transportation and provide backup in the field to whoever needs it. I understand your background and how you love to race. This will come in handy during this mission, as there are at least three buildings you need to get to that are spread throughout this city. Yoochun and Zhou-mi will be your backup drivers.”

“Jessica!” Taeyeon yelled out happily. “Just in time… Thank goodness!” She thought back to the past to the time she actually injured a different friend of her own on accident while on a different mission.

“You bet! I finally got to shoot someone!” She looked down to the man contracted on the floor grabbing his leg.

“Nichkhun! You stay here and look after the queen! Zhou-mi’s on his way! He’ll be here shortly!” Yoochun ordered and followed Jessica into the house after her with Taecyeon following close behind.

Jessica turned around to see her friends coming into the house as well. “Oppa! Can I shoot him down?” She turned to look down at the man she walked closer next to.

Dongmin looked up at her, aggravated and seething. “!” He grabbed his knife next to him and threw it at her, hard.

Taecyeon saw the movement and sprinted towards the assassin. “Jessica!” He grabbed her and turned around just in time to feel a shooting pain in his right flank. “Crap…”

Jessica looked up at the man in confusion as she saw his face twist in pain. “Op…pa…” She ran her hand along the muscular man’s back to hit an obstacle. She looked around his shoulder and saw the knife sticking out of his back, almost all the way to the hilt. “……” She quickly maneuvered him to get away from the criminal as Yoochun strode forward, angry. He took his gun and aimed it at the .

“Nichkhun…” The man looked down to the woman in his arms who had her eyes closed. They were still sitting in the van where Yoochun told them to stay put.

“Yes, yeobo?” He looked around to see if there were any cars coming their way. Where’s Zhou-mi?

“I remember something the wife told us who was last attacked…” Victoria looked up into Nichkhun’s eyes. “She called me again after her first meeting with us to see how Minsu was doing… When I told her I was working on the case involving ‘Black Shadow’… She mentioned that when her and her husband got married after meeting each other… He kept asking her details about what happened to her…”

Nichkhun’s eyes widened. “So… she knew something was off since all those years ago…” He looked towards the house. “…Do you think she would miss him if he was gone?”

Victoria shrugged the best she could. “She probably would. But she knows to let him go if he has hurt that many girls…”

Back inside the house, Dongmin smirked as he saw Yoochun approaching him slowly. “I wonder what it would be like… to all of the women in this house… then carve out their eyes…” He turned to look at each of the women in the house. Jessica trying to comfort Taecyeon on the couch and Taeyeon helping Sunny wrap her wound but declining to walk around to still protect the hallway next to him. He eyed the ninja star he threw off to the side previously. “They’re all beautiful… if their eyes were no longer a part of them…” He quickly reached for it and threw it at Yoochun. He gave a big smile when he let go of the object.

Bang!

All eyes quickly turned to the two newcomers at the door. They saw a gun being held in somebody’s right hand, using the left hand as support. Their eyes quickly looked up to who w

Please log in to read the full chapter