Day 1

Paradox: The Unbelievable Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

A sleeping figure heard rustling in the very back of his semi-conscious mind. He turned around to try and get away from the slowly growing noise. Why is it getting louder? He turned back again only to be annoyed enough to wake up completely. He opened his eyes to be welcomed to the sight of… No Minwoo’s adorable, confused face staring at him 5 inches away from his own.

“Ahh!!” Jonghyun screamed out, instantly trying to roll away from the sudden closeness… only to completely roll off his bed and land flat on his face on the floor. He groaned before trying to untangle his limbs from his sheets and getting up. He rubbed his face then looked to the still confused but now amused face of Minwoo. “Minwoo-ah… Don’t do that to me!”

“…What’s going on?” Sungmin sleepily asked, turning around and facing away from the other two very awake occupants of the room.

Minwoo giggled, “You slept with your eyes half-open!”

Jonghyun groaned once again, sitting on the edge of his bed facing away from Minwoo. He rubbed the side of his face again, “Yes, I do.” He turned around to look at Minwoo, “You didn’t have to be that close to my face though.”

“But I was curious if you could see me!” Minwoo explained before hearing another two groans in the room. He turned around questioningly to see a lump moving around in a bed and Key starting to wake up. “Key-umma!” He exclaimed before going back to sit next to his form on the bed.

Key turned from his side to lie on his back then sleepily opened his eyes to see Minwoo’s very awake ones staring at him. He smiled softly, “Morning, Minwoo-ah.” He looked around the room to see Jonghyun’s back in a hunched over form, Sungmin’s back facing him, Ryeowook and Yesung still soundly asleep, and he assumed it was Onew who was still sleeping from the lump moving around under the layers of blankets.

“Key-umma! Did you know-?!” Minwoo started to question happily before Jonghyun cut him off.

“Yes, Minwoo. He knows I sleep with my eyes half-open.”

Minwoo turned around to see Jonghyun tiredly looking at him over his shoulder. The younger smiled back, showing all teeth, “It’s cool!”

Jonghyun smiled in response to that, “Thanks, kid.”

“Mmf…” They heard a new voice join them. Key lazily looked over to his right to see Ryeowook’s head moving on top of his pillow. “…Wh-… -ime… zit…?”

The other three awake in the room stared at him questioningly before Key’s slowly processing brain understood what the other meant, “Minwoo-ah, what time is it?” He politely asked his son.

Minwoo looked to the clock on the wall that read, “It’s 10:13 AM, Key-umma.”

Complete silence engulfed the room before Ryeowook and Key jumped out of bed, the information effectively waking both of them up completely. “We overslept 2 hours?!” Jonghyun sighed then started to laugh at the circumstances as he watched both of the fretting members try and wake up the other occupants of the room. Minwoo watched innocently as Key started hitting the big lump under the blankets and Ryeowook vigorously shake the other man holding a big turtle in his arms.

Jonghyun put in his earpiece before asking, “Everybody awake yet?” He heard a few mumbles before he heard a new masculine voice respond into an earpiece.

“Haha, some are, some aren’t. I suggest starting to cook breakfast before Minho wakes up.”

Jonghyun laughed again hearing that, “Nichkhun-hyung. Welcome back. We’ll try and hurry up.”

“Onew-hyung! Get out of your cocoon! It’s 10:15 AM!” Key yelled at the fighting lump in the bed.

“Mmf! Ki-mmf! S… stop!” Onew tried to get out to prevent Key from smashing his body with a handy lamp he knew was located in the room. He quickly uncovered his head from the sheets to see the famous lamp being hovered above him in midair and gulped, eyes starting to widen with sleepiness and fear. “Kibum… Please put down the lamp gently on the table.” He softly requested, sighing in relief as he watched Key slowly put down the lamp and hugely smile in satisfaction.

“Yesung-hyung! Get…” Ryeowook started shaking the other man harder, “Up!!” The elder man started to move before turning to lie on his back, body sprawled out with Ddangkoma staying still next to his body. Ryeowook huffed before shouting again with a hard slap to the chest, “Hyung! GET UP.”

“Ow!!” Yesung yelled out suddenly, “That hurt!”

“Guys… If you don’t stop being so loud… I’m going to nun chuck all your limbs off of you.” Sungmin sleepily threatened, trying to go back to sleep.

Jonghyun turned to Minwoo still watching everything innocently and softly requested, “Minwoo-ah… Go try and wake up Sungmin-hyung peacefully.”

Minwoo turned back to Jonghyun before smiling, showing all teeth, and then gently padding his way over to Sungmin’s sleeping form. He lied down next to the elder male before gently wrapping his arms around the other’s waist from behind. Less damage if he was behind the elder, right? He softly said, “Sungmin-hyung~ Time to wake up~.”

“Minwoo… You know that doesn’t work on me, right?” Sungmin blatantly said before turning around and facing the younger.

“Ryeowook-hyung, Nichkhun-hyung is here and says we need to hurry up and cook breakfast before Minho wakes up.” Jonghyun informed his elder, seeing as how the other was scrambling to get some clothes.

“Hyung. Start cooking first, and I’ll shower. When I’m done, we’ll switch, okay?” Key explained before getting some of his clothes and heading into the adjacent shower. He looked over his shoulder to see Onew still sleeping under his covers. He looked around for something… “Jjong… can you hand me that book, please?”

Jonghyun looked from Key to Onew and back to Key again before sighing, “Nuh uh. You’re not throwing that book at him. Go and shower. I’ll wake up hyung instead.”

They heard Ryeowook say, “Okay,” before the door closed and he was off to the kitchen to start cooking.

Key sighed exasperatedly before saying, “Fine. Hurry up.” He walked to the bathroom door then shut it behind him with a loud slam.

“I’m up!” Yesung exclaimed again suddenly, actually sitting up this time. He looked around then sighed, realizing he wasn’t hit again.

Minwoo pouted at his hyung before snuggling into him, “Sungmin-hyung~ we need to get up~.”

Sungmin laughed before ruffling the other boy’s hair, “I know, Minwoo.” He thought for a moment then whispered deviously, “Let’s go wake up, Kyuhyun-hyung.”

Minwoo’s eyes brightened before he got out of the snuggle and scrambled out of bed. He turned around to see Jonghyun softly waking up the lump in the bed and the still half-asleep man looking around the room confused. He heard Sungmin get up from the bed behind him and smiled, knowing he gets to see Kyuhyun wake up too. He turned around to see Sungmin standing next to him, more awake now. “Come on, Sungmin-hyung!” He excitedly said before grabbing his hand and leading him out the room.

“Yeah, yeah, Minwoo,” Sungmin playfully said before heading out and down the hall to the adjacent bedroom. He heard rustling and talking happening down the hall coming from the main area. They opened the door to still see Kyuhyun slumped over his equipment, Heechul still sleeping, and Yuri asleep on another bed. They looked to the only other conscious agent in the room, “Henry-ah? Did you not sleep?”

Henry jumped a little and looked up from the sudden noise before exhaling a big sigh, “Yeah~ I am, hyung.” He stopped for a minute to correct his jumbled sentence, “Yuri fell asleep trying to help me, but I couldn’t stop trying to search until we found them… So… I stayed up all night.”

Sungmin let go of Minwoo’s hand so he could quietly walk over to Kyuhyun and stare at the sleeping man. He turned back to Henry and sighed, “You’re not working today. I can cover your shift if nobody else can…” He paused a second before asking, “Anything?” He walked over to the other hacker to see a bunch of random windows open and search bars and maps everywhere.

Henry sighed before leaning back in his chair and closing his eyes, “Nothing.”

“Kyuhyun-hyung?” Minwoo gently asked, softly rubbing the other’s shoulder to see if he would wake up. When he got no response, he softly shook his elder again, “Kyuhyun-hyung?” He pouted at the complete lack of response and turned to Sungmin. “Sungmin-hyung… he’s not waking up.”

Sungmin turned to Minwoo before smiling then looking back at Henry. “Henry-ah, go get some breakfast then sleep or go sleep, and I’ll wake you up for lunch later. The other specialists are here so they can take over while you three rest.” He stopped talking to walk over to where Minwoo was trying to wake up Kyuhyun gently. He smiled at the younger’s confused face before gently removing all of the electrical equipment of the hacker’s away from him.

“What are you doing, hyung?” Henry questioned, wondering about the random actions Sungmin was doing.

“Shh,” Sungmin whispered back. He moved away all of the wires away from Kyuhyun’s body and ever-so-gently removed the laptop and mouse from under the younger’s face and hand. He released the sudden breath he was holding when he realized that Kyuhyun’s desk was completely clear of anything electrical.

“But Sungmin-hyung… I don’t think you should put that all on the ground…” Minwoo softly said, wondering the same thing as Henry still is now.

“Well… I’m not about to put all of that on Heechul-hyung’s bed… and the other beds are far,” Sungmin replied back before quickly walking out of the room and into the bathroom, and then coming back with a glass of water. “Minwoo-ah?”

Minwoo furrowed his eyebrows in response. Henry started chuckling, realizing what was going to happen. “Deh, Sungmin-hyung?”

Sungmin smiled, showing his teeth, “Can you please pour this on Kyuhyun’s head?”

Minwoo frowned at the request, “But wouldn’t he get wet then?”

Henry sighed, walking over to an empty bed and lying down, taking out his earpiece in the process, “That’s the point… Minwoo?” He never was formally introduced to the younger.

“That’s my name! I’m No Minwoo,” the youngest said quietly and happily, “What’s your name?” He questioned innocently.

“My name’s Henry. Nice to meet you.” The other paused a second before continuing, “Just pour it on hyung’s head. That’ll easily wake him up.”

Minwoo pouted at the request. He still didn’t understand why they wanted him to do that… But… if it’ll wake up Kyuhyun-hyung… then why not? “Okay?” He questioned, holding out his hand for the glass of water.

Sungmin smiled before handing it to him, “I promise he’s not going to get mad at you.”

The youngest frowned again at that before turning around and staring at Kyuhyun, “Kyuhyun-hyung?” He softly tried again, shaking his shoulder a little bit. He pouted when the elder didn’t move at all. “I’m sorry, Kyuhyun-hyung.”

Sungmin and Henry both smiled at the soft attitude at the younger… then smirked at the scene they were about to see. Minwoo

Please log in to read the full chapter