Stealing Lives

Paradox: The Unbelievable Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eunhyuk heard the conversation between the previous three members and spoke up. “Hey, Key. So the boy… he’s actually okay?”

Key looked from his spot behind the bar to the DJs. “Neh, hyung. He’s fine. I trust the dinosaur.” He smiled at the DJ then looked at the girl slightly dancing in the crowd who was looking back at him. “Don’t worry, noona.” He had a constant smile on his face… until their waitress came back to the bar.

“Yo, mouse! Three more house specials!” A tray was placed on the counter.

“Amber~, it’s busier tonight than the other night!” Key whined.

“I know… But it’s also because Jonghyun-oppa isn’t working down here as well. We’re down one waiter.” The girl replied.

“And you have me, you know!” Sunny exclaimed next to her partner. She started mixing up the drinks needed for the customers.

“Oh! And Yoona-unni told me that she was on her way from her apartment to fill in oppa’s spot.” Amber added in after thinking for a few minutes.

“Here’s one drink, lizard. Noona~ can you make the last one?” Key asked, hoping she would say yes. There were two drinks on the tray.

“Of course~!” The male cheered in his head as he outwardly smiled his thanks to her. She smiled and started making the last drink.

Eunhyuk watched from across the room as Amber got the last drink and started delivering all of them to various people in the club. “Hey, Tiffany?”

The said girl looked up from the music on the table in front of her to the boy next to her. “Hmm?”

“Oh… I was just thinking…” He trailed off, turning his attention back to the dancing crowd. “Ah… Never mind…” Tiffany looked at him in confusion and worry.

“Eunhyuk. Everything’s okay. If something happens, I’m sure you will not be put in that situation.” A masculine voice spoke up. Eunhyuk’s head shot up as he saw his best friend stand up from his position in the middle of four girls in his regular booth and start walking to the back rooms.

Eunhyuk nodded slowly before responding, “Ah… okay… Thanks, Hae…” The younger male sounded like his own job was not hard and no trouble at all. How? He watched as his best friend stopped in his tracks to turn towards him and gave him a small smile, which he returned, before walking into the dark hallway.

 

)()(

 

“Bull’s eye.” A man with light brown hair stated as he smirked.

“Wow, hyung. How do you do that? You’ve hit a bull’s eye on every target so far!” A taller man commented as he looked at his elder in amazement.

“I don’t know. I just have a skill for it, I guess.” The other man shrugged. “Siwon, you can hit the bull’s eye too. I don’t know why you’re so amazed.”

Siwon just smiled sheepishly. “It’s just… I haven’t hit it a hundred percent of the time like you.” He tried shooting again, but was off by just a few centimeters. He frowned. “See?”

The other male laughed. “Haha, well… I don’t know then.” He stopped talking, seemingly lost in thought.

“Eunhyuk-hyung?” The taller questioned as he stared at his hyung looking forward at the already shot target.

Eunhyuk looked up at his dongsaeng. “I kinda wished I could be a police officer or something. I’m good at shooting targets… So if the need arises, I can easily take them down.”

Siwon thought for a few minutes. “You know that club I work at? I can introduce you to my boss. You can probably easily get the job. You’re friendly and have a good taste in music. Maybe you can be the co-DJ.”

Eunhyuk looked up in surprise and confusion. “Wha-? That’s so sudden.” He watched as the younger just shrugged.

“Let’s just go. You won’t completely regret it.” He gave the elder a smile.

“Well… Isn’t that comforting…” Eunhyuk muttered as he followed his dongsaeng and went to sit in his expensive car. “Sheesh… You’re a spoiled brat.” Siwon just smiled at him in response.

In no time, they were at the club where the younger worked at. Eunhyuk watched as Siwon waved to the DJ and bartender and followed him into a hallway that surprisingly contained a staircase. “Yeah, it’s hidden.” Siwon stated as if reading the elder’s thoughts. The latter watched in confusion as he saw the former pull something out of his pocket and seemed to put it in his ear. They got to the second floor and Eunhyuk’s jaw dropped in amazement.

“Hey, hyung, noona!” Siwon yelled out at the bartenders, who both responded with a wave. Eunhyuk followed his friend until they reached the main office.

“Hey, boss! I have someone who I think would be perfect in our club.” Siwon said excitedly. The elder man still looked pretty confused. He bowed ninety degrees before introducing himself. “My name is Lee Hyukjae, but you may simply call me Eunhyuk.”

“He’s a sharpshooter! Literally! He always hits every bull’s eye when we’re out at the shooting range.” Siwon explained to his boss. The boss contemplated a few minutes then nodded.

“Your job will be tough, Lee Hyukjae. If you accept, I’ll make sure you will have supporting co-workers.”

Eunhyuk gulped at the explanation. He thought about the boss’ words then slowly nodded. “…Okay… I accept…” He watched as his new boss smiled.

“Eunhyuk. You have great looks. I feel like you have a good sense of judgment, and if what my friend says is true, you are an amazing shooter. Therefore, you will become a grifter… as well as an assassin.”

Eunhyuk’s eyes widened at the last part of the sentence. He looked at Siwon

Please log in to read the full chapter