Day 3

Paradox: The Unbelievable Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“This is such a lovely event,” Hyoyeon complimented one of the head CEOs as she and Kibum took a glass of champagne from one of the waitresses who walked past them.

“Thank you so much,” a man by the name of Jang responded back with a smile. He took another glass of champagne and smiled his thanks.

Kibum stared at the waiter, as he seemed to get the hint. The waiter finished passing out the rest of the available champagne before he set it on a counter and left to go towards the kitchen. “Seohyun… where are you?” He quickly took a look around before entering the kitchen.

“I’m right here, oppa,” Hangeng took a sharp intake of breath as his partner suddenly appeared in front of him by the entranceway.

“You don’t need to do that…” He muttered before taking off his apron, thankful that none of the other waiters or waitresses were in the kitchen. “Let’s go.”

After the clock 12, midnight, Hangeng and Seohyun frowned, frustrated with their search. “Anything?” Kibum asked them as he and Hyoyeon walked out of the building with everybody else.

“We didn’t get anything useful out of any of the employees,” Hyoyeon muttered as she climbed into the car as Kibum opened the door for her.

Kyuhyun sighed before messing up his hair and standing up from his chair back at the club. He walked out of the room and made his way to the boss’ office. Heechul saw this and quickly followed suit. “Boa!” Kyuhyun exclaimed as he threw the door open and walked in. Heechul walked over to the taller man and started trying to fix his messed up hair.

“Anything, Kyuhyun?” Boa asked as she picked up her head from her desk and looked at him, tiredness evident in her eyes.

Kyuhyun growled as he let Heechul fix his hair calmly, “Nothing. Absolutely nothing.”

Heechul looked to Boa worriedly, wondering what will happen. Kyuhyun knew a silent Heechul was never good as he took a glance at him out of the corners of his eyes.

Boa sighed, aggravated as well. “We wait for that man’s clue.” She looked to the clock. “Tell the scouting team to come back here and get some sleep.” She turned to Heechul, “Go and get some sleep as well… You’re going to be sent out once we have enough information.”

Heechul frowned, not liking to do work before he nodded, “Okay, Boa.”

Boa laughed, “Come on… I’m sure it’ll be fun.” She paused for a few minutes before speaking again. “Amber, Sungmin, and Donghae. You will be joining Heechul-oppa when we get the clues.” She turned to Siwon sitting in the room, “Please call Yoona to inform her as well.”

“Got it, boss.” They all replied as Heechul and Kyuhyun left the room to go relax with the other specialists.

Siwon took out his cell phone and called the aforementioned agent, “Yobosaeyo?”

“Yobosaeyo~. Siwon?” Yoona answered back.

“Yoona… you’re going to be sent out on the next mission with Heechul, Sungmin, Amber, and Donghae when we get the next clue. Come prepared tomorrow.”

A few minutes passed before Yoona responded, “Okay, oppa. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Who was that?” A man asked as he walked up behind Yoona in the kitchen.

Yoona quickly turned around at the new voice before putting a hand over her heart, “You almost gave me a heart attack, Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol laughed as he walked over to the fridge and took out a bottle of water, “Was that the club?”

Yoona sighed as she hopped up on top of one of the counters and nodded, “Yup… I’m going to be sent out on the next part of the mission… probably to find out any of the information and layout of the place.”

Chanyeol nodded as he put his water bottle down and leaned on another counter, “Have you told your special guy yet?” He wiggled his eyebrows as Yoona blushed.

“Yah! He’s not my special guy…!” She yelled out, “And I just got the phone call!”

“Who’s not your special guy?” Another tall member walked into the kitchen hearing the commotion.

Yoona sighed in relief, “At least it’s you, Kris.” She thought for a few seconds. “Done training downstairs?”

Kris shrugged before getting himself another bottle of water, “I guess for now. I’ll probably go back downstairs and help the others with our trainers.” He wiped some sweat off of his forehead with his sleeve.

“Oh, I see…” Yoona responded back before hopping off the counter and walking towards the exit of the kitchen. “I’m going to sleep now so I can be ready in the morning!”

Kris and Chanyeol waved before the former realized something, “Who is her special guy?”

The latter laughed before patting his shoulder and walking away, “You’ll find out soon enough. Just don’t be an overprotective brother.” Kris drank some more water before frowning and following him out of the kitchen.

The next day, Ryeowook watched as Yoona grabbed a duffel bag and headed for the front door, “Good luck, Yoona!” He called out as she turned around and smiled at him before shutting the door behind her.

“Where did she go, hyung?” A masculine voice interrupted his thoughts as he saw the other walk in with Chanyeol behind him.

“Hmm? She went out to get ready for her mission later… or tomorrow.” Ryeowook responded before walking into the kitchen.

Chanyeol walked up next to his friend and patted his shoulder, “She’ll be fine. She’s strong, and you know that.”

“Yeah but… when can we go out and help them?”

Chanyeol sighed before going into the living room and sitting on the couch, “I have no idea. Hopefully it won’t be when a big fight is going on.”

 

--

 

Later that night, the whole club waited for any sign of that man or any of his possible clues. However, as the rest of the agents were skillfully looking out for any possible signs while still working, Key was hovering over that thin line of randomly killing some random guy that is currently drunk and hitting on him while he is trying to work.

“You are so~ beautiful~!” The man sang out, while finishing the drink he was currently holding. “Another one~ please~, beautiful~!”

Usually Key would be more than happy to help him, but with Sunny’s laughter ringing in his ears along with this man’s voice, he was ready to rip the other’s head off. “Sir, thank you for the compliments, but I think you’ve had enough.” He tried to gently let the man know his limit.

“I can handle~ it~!” The man retorted, slamming some money down on the counter.

Key sighed before making him another drink. His eyebrow twitched when he felt the man’s hand touch his forearm.

“I can’t resist~ you~” The man slurred out before gripping his wrist.

Key growled, slamming the drink on the table, about to punch the man in the face when another man came stomping up to him. Oh… he’s well dressed… “Thank you for the compliment.” Key stared at the new man as he turned his attention to his drunken friend. “TOP-hyung. You came here for a reason… not to drink.” Key looked to the drunken man as Sunny tuned in to the conversation.

“But GD~! He’s almost as handsome as Jaejoongie~!”

GD sighed as he tried to drag his friend out of the stool. Key’s and Sunny’s eyes widened when the taller man said their agent’s name. “Come on, hyung… You need to get home before you pass out here.” He managed to pull up the taller and hooked his arm around his shoulders. “The boss better not find out about you getting drunk.”

“Wait!” Key spluttered out, grabbing the drunken man’s arm. GD’s eyebrows scrunched together in annoyance as his hyung was pulled back to the blonde haired man. Key pulled the other closer to where he could kiss his cheek. “You know Jaejoong?” He whispered into the tall man’s ear.

TOP grinned in happiness as he hooked a hand behind Key’s head, trying to kiss him. “I go both ways~!”

Key skillfully avoided the oncoming kisses to whisper into his ear again, “Where is he?” He the shell of TOP’s ear for added effect.

GD rolled his eyes as he answered for his now eager hyung, “He’s at C-JeS.” He pulled his hyung away from the now thankful Key. “He was supposed to give you the clue. But since I couldn’t trust him with going to a club, I followed him.”

“They’re with YG… What are they doing?”

“Who did they take from you?” Sunny instantly asked.

Sadness flashed through GD’s eyes as he managed to start dragging a resistant TOP away to the entrance of the club. “A friend who is like a brother to us.”

Sunny and Key gave them looks of sympathy before they heard their boss’ voice in their ears again. “The high-class group… Get ready.”

Upstairs, Boa turned to Siwon, “Who is this group

Please log in to read the full chapter