When's the action coming?

Paradox: The Unbelievable Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Yesung, Ryeowook, and Taeyeon stood outside a door in an apartment complex not far from where they were situated as a base. They were dressed in normal civilian clothes so they didn’t look suspicious. Yesung was wearing a black suit jacket with a white V-neck shirt underneath and dark blue jeans. He had on white converses. Taeyeon was wearing an oversized white shirt with black cursive writing across the whole stomach and tight, dark skinny jeans. She also had a cute motorcycle-looking jacket that had sleeves cut at about the middle of her forearm and had cute black comfy ankle boots on. Ryeowook was wearing a lighter shade of blue jeans and wearing a sky blue button up shirt, un-tucked, with a white V-neck shirt underneath. He was also wearing black converses.

Zhou-mi informed the landlord of the complex what they were doing and he accepted, willing to help the situation. Ryeowook and Taeyeon stood to both sides of the door while Yesung stood in front of it. The latter politely knocked on the door to see if anybody was home. After a few quiet minutes, Ryeowook and Taeyeon looked to their calm partner. Yesung knocked a few more times to see if the person living there would open up. He sighed after another five minutes. “Ryeowook?” He whispered.

Ryeowook nodded before taking out a sharp needle from a small thin pack from the back of his jeans under his buttoned-up shirt. He knelt down in front of the doorknob and started working to unlocking the lock. It opened up in four seconds.

“Wah~, that’s your personal best, Wook!” Taeyeon exclaimed as she looked to her watch on her left wrist. Ryeowook just smiled back at her.

“I don’t even want to know where or how you practiced to be that fast.” Yesung commented while opening the door to the small apartment. He thought back to a certain older diva of his.

 

)()(

 

Back at the club, Heechul scowled as he felt something was… off. “What’s wrong, Heenim?” Hangeng asked as he saw the sudden change on the other’s face.

“Either somebody out on that mission or back at the complex is thinking rude thoughts about me… and I don’t enjoy it.” The diva explained while gripping the empty glass he was cleaning tighter. Hangeng laughed at the response.

“Don’t worry about it. I’m sure it wasn’t that bad.”

 

)()(

 

Yesung slowly walked into the apartment with Taeyeon close behind him and Ryeowook quietly closing the door. They each searched various parts of the small apartment trying to find anything that could confirm this man was the killer, or at least give them a clue about it.

Ryeowook went to the kitchen area and searched through all the drawers and cabinets looking for anything suspicious. He sighed, “Guys, there’s nothing here.”

Taeyeon nodded as she searched through the living room. She looked everywhere but didn’t find anything either. “Same here.” She frowned.

Both Ryeowook and Taeyeon decided to try and find the sub-leader of their small group and found him searching through the man’s bedroom. “It’s really a mess in here.” Yesung said while rummaging through everything in the messy room. The former two just frowned and nodded in response while they helped the other search the room.

“I’m going to go check the other room and the bathroom.” Taeyeon said as she saw they were almost done searching the man’s bedroom. The other two nodded as she walked away.

“I don’t think there’s anything in here, hyung. There seems to be no trace of him having anything to do with the killer.” Ryeowook said as he was rummaging through the guy’s closet.

“Yeah. There seems to be nothing off.” Yesung replied as he bent down to look under the man’s bed. His eyebrow raised in interest. “Really now?”

“Wh-”

“Hey, guys. I found something.” Taeyeon slightly yelled from the other room of the apartment. Ryeowook stood up straight and looked to his partner who was kneeling on the ground, holding something in his hands. The latter stood up and walked to where their female partner was. “It’s rather disturbing.” She commented.

The two males walked into the room she was in to see various pictures and newspaper articles taped up on the walls of the room. There was a big metal table in the center of the room and various tools that looked like weapons off to the side on a small metal table. “Oh, the bathroom looked completely fine, by the way.” She added before stepping further into the room with the other two following closely behind.

“‘Black Blood’ has struck again!” Ryeowook read out loud. “So he really is the fan Zhou-mi found. I wonder if he is the real ‘Black Shadow?’” He questioned.

Yesung shrugged beside him. “I don’t know. He doesn’t seem… like a killer.” He finished. “His apartment just sends off a normal guy vibe. He lives by himself so this is what I imagined it might look like if he was a typical guy.”

“There is so much stuff here though. He’s worth interrogating.” The former male finished. “Zhou-mi. We’ll come back later when he’s home. Is he near the complex?”

“Okay. I’ll let Victoria interrogate him. I’ll let you know when I see him walk past the front doors.” Zhou-mi responded back from their temporary hideout.

Ryeowook sniffed around the room, smelling something off. “It smells faintly like… formaldehyde…”

Yesung and Taeyeon turned to the youngest and tried sniffing around. “How do you smell that? It smells completely normal in here.” The former remarked. They tried sniffing around again.

“Well, it’s been a while I think. But it really does faintly smell like it. I

Please log in to read the full chapter