CHAPTER 28

Race Car

 

Nam Woo Hyun and Lee Eun Mi’s friend, L seen in school together? Wonder what school that is. They were spotted at the underground Gwangju Sicheong race talking after an accident, raising confusion among fans.

 

“Holy .” Eun Mi’s jaw dropped, dropping the shoe in her hand.

“,” Gi Kwang got up from his seat and started calling people, “who the hell?”

The morning news was buzzing with information about Myung Soo and Woo Hyun. Eun Mi started to panic in worry of the two.

 

*, does that mean we can’t be seen together anymore?*

 

Jun Ki came into the room with a poker face, “So,Gwangju Sicheong race?” he eyed his daughter.

Eun Mi cleared , composing herself. She gave him a blank look before getting up from the seat and walking away.

“You can’t ignore me forever.” Jun Ki followed after her.

Gi Kwang just got off the phone, “Leave her alone, appa.”

 

“You see the danger of hanging around Woo Hyun?” Jun Ki pressed on as he watched Eun Mi pack her lunch.

Eun Mi simply ignored him.

“Now that Myung Soo’s exposed too, I wouldn’t be surprised of your exposure in school.” Jun Ki’s eyes hardened, “Most especially now that Han Seung Yeon’s after you again.”

Her eyes hardened, “There’s only one way to end Seung Yeon’s case,” Eun Mi mocked him a smile, “but then again someone’s too stubborn to let me end it.”

Jun Ki smirked, unfazed by her mockery, “I have my reasons, trust me you wouldn’t be able to handle the pressure when you’re exposed.”

“Yeah whatever.” Eun Mi rolled her eyes at him.

“Appa stop it.” Gi Kwang pushed pass Jun Ki, “Let her be.” He gave Jun Ki a firm look before grabbing Eun Mi’s hand and pulling her out of the kitchen.

 

 

“Thanks for the information, your check will come in by noon, today.”

“No need for the money,” Seung Yeon smiled as she leaned on the table while talking on the phone, “just make sure when people ask mention my name.”

“Of course, Han Seung Yeon-ssi.”

The call ended.

“Let’s see how your little girl reacts to this now, Lee Jun Ki.” Seung Yeon inwardly smiled as she started planning for her next move.

 

 

“Oh my god.” Eun Mi and Gi Kwang gasped at the appearance of the media in your school.

“Back entrance.” Gi Kwang made a sharp turn.

“Wonder how the other two got in?” Eun Mi uncomfortably sat on her seat, a wave of anxiety burning in her stomach.

 

Oblivious to all the media news, Myung Soo was approaching the school gates. He was simply looking at the ground with his earphones plugged in, listening to 4men. The moment he entered the school the media recognized him and ran to him.

“L-ssi! L-ssi!”

“L-ssi over here~!”

 

Myung Soo was startled at the circle that the media formed around him, “What the ?” he mumbled as he squinted at the flashes from the cameras.

 

“L-ssi is it true?!”

“Are you friends with both Nam Woo Hyun and Lee Eun Mi?”

“Does the child prodigy know you’re friends with her enemy?!”

 

Myung Soo covered his eyes, *How the did this happen?*

 

 

“HYUUUUUNG~!!!”  Woo Hyun jumped out of his bed and ran to Tablo’s room.

He banged on the door, “Hyung hyung hyung!!!”

Tablo opened the door with a stern face and pointed to the phone on his ear, signaling he was talking to somebody.

“Oh.” Woo Hyun bit his lower lip, he scratched the back of his neck before bowing.

“Aish,” Frustrated, Woo Hyun rested his back on the wall, sliding down till his hit the floor, “Myung Soo’s exposed…” he ran a hand through his hair, “Aigoo… now what happens?”

 

 

Eun Mi closed the door to the back entrance and made her way to the main hallway. From afar she already heard the buzzing of the student body. There were whispers, murmurs, yells, laughs and even cries. Passing by the students, she overheard the number one topic “L and Woo Hyun”.

“Doesn’t the media know they’re cousins?”
“Ohmygod, they’re cousins?!?”

“What happens to Lee Eun Mi?”

“Omo! They said Lee Eun Mi goes to this school too!”
“Wah, how come we never saw her?”

Eun Mi squinted her eyes at the gossip, opening her locker with frustration, *Who the exposed the two? Aish…now I can’t be seen with any of them.*

 

“Jeogiyo?” someone tapped her shoulder.

Eun Mi turned around to see a couple of girls with a couple of boys.

“Ne?” Eun Mi blinked at them.

“Aren’t you friends with both Nam Woo Hyun and L?” A girl asked.

Eun Mi nodded.

One of the boys took a step forward, examining Eun Mi's face, “You look…” his eyes widened, finally recognizing who she was, “I saw you at the Gwangju SiCheong Race!!!”

*Holy …he must be kidding.* Her eyes widened, her grip on the locker’s door tightened.

His friend pulled him back, taking his place he too squinted his eyes examining her face, “Holy the only difference are the eye colors!!!”

Eun Mi's heart beat went up, “Elgomanida.” she covered her face.

“YOU’RE LEE EUN MI, THE CHILD PRODIGY!”

“OHMYGOD!”

“LEE EUN MI!”

Her eyes widened at the sudden crowd forming around her, throwing question here and there.

As fast as she could, she grabbed her stuff and ran to the Principal’s office.

 

 

Woo Hyun was listening to the radio in the car while Tablo was still on the phone.

*Who exposed us and why?* Woo Hyun ran a hand past his bangs as he shifted gears to reverse.

He smoothly parked the car at the school’s back parking and killed the engine. He hesitantly grabbed his stuff before getting out of his car.

“What happens to us now?” Woo Hyun mumbled to himself.

“She’s exposed.” Tablo got out of the car too.

Woo Hyun’s eyes widened, “Jinjja?!?”
“A couple of students recognized her,” Tablo smirked, “some students are smart.” He shook his head.

“That’s great then.” Woo Hyun smiled, remembering how painful it was for you to hide your identity in school.

“Wrong,” Tablo countered at once, “that means the three of you can’t be seen together, at all!”
Woo Hyun’s smile dropped, “Oh right…”

“I’m surprised the source didn’t let out you and Myung Soo were cousins.”

“Jeongmal?”

Tablo nodded, “Then that means the source doesn’t know much.”

Woo Hyun already knew who it was, “I know who she is.”

“She?”

 

 

“Leave me alone jeez!!!” Myung Soo yelled for the enth time this morning at the media’s endless pursuit of getting a word out of him other than, “Ssireo” “Leave me alone” or “Go away”.

“L-ssi, L-ssi!”

“Now that the whole South Korea knows about your friendship with Lee Eun Mi’s arch enemy how do you think would she react?”

Myung Soo sighed, frustrated as he walked to the one place where he knows these pestering media can’t enter… The Principal’s Office.

 

In the Principal’s office.

Principal Jung gave Eun Mi a cup of tea, “How do you feel?”

Eun Mi took a sip from the tea, “Surprisingly, calm.”

Principal Jung sat down opposite her, “That’s good to hear.”
“Maybe because I’ve been waiting for my exposure to happen even before the two arrived in school…”

“So you’re emotions are well controlled.” Principal Jung nodded, “At least that makes one of you.”

Eun Mi smirked, knowing who he was talking about, “Yeah, my dad does have the natural talent of raising his voice in situations like this.”

Principal Jung was about to reply when his door opened.

“Jung kyojangnim.” Secretary Park came in with a worried face, “L-ssi is here.”

Eun Mi got on her feet when Myung Soo dropped his bag on the couch, “Jung kyojangnim I’m going to kill her!”

“You and I both.” Eun Mi snickered.

Myung Soo only noticed her presence now, “Eun Mi!” he smiled but the anger was still evident in his eyes, “Damn I heard you’re exposed too…”

Eun Mi sighed and looked out the window, “Yeah, so what happens now?” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

finally they're exposed! Woohoo, long time no see ya'll! HAHA... hope my readers are still alive :(