CHAPTER 12

Race Car

In class Myung Soo was paying attention to the teacher's lecture while Woo Hyun was staring at his pen and paper. Myung Soo and Min's words kept replaying in his head: 

"I know her long enough for me to know she despises you in so many ways."

"That's what you think."

Woo Hyun blinked and sighed, "Aish..." *What the hell did they mean? Aren't Eun Mi and I friends?!*

Then in the middle of his mind argument his phone buzzed in his pocket. He brought out his phone under the table and read the text:

Ya, get your out of there and in the car. You've got to the attent the Elite Racers Annual Ball tonight at 7pm.

Woo Hyun texted back: 

But it's only 3:30 PM!! Hyung, can't I be late?!

Tablo texted back: 

MALDO ANDWAE. GET YOUR OUT OF THE SQUARE ROOM OF BORING EDUCATION AND GET IN YOUR CAR.

"Okay, jeez." Woo Hyun hissed and started packing his stuff. 

The teacher noticed Woo Hyun packing his stuff and stopped the lecture, "Are you leaving, Nam Woo Hyun?"

Woo Hyun stopped and looked up to see all eyes on him, "Y-Ye."

"Oh really?" The teacher arched a brow and was about to yell at him when there was a tap on the door. 

The nearest student to the door ran to it and opened it, revealing the principal's secretary. 

"Nam Woo Hyun is excused from this class, Mr. Park. " The secretary announced before bowing and disappearing out of sight. 

"Lucky." Myung Soo weakly punched Woo Hyun's arm. 

Woo Hyun smirked and ruffled his cousin's hair, "I know."

"Aish!" Myung Soo slapped his hands away as he protected his hair, "Don't mess with my hair."

 

Eun Mi was running around her room, searching for her shoes. For some reason, they were hiding from her. 

"Aish, stupid shoes when I find you I'll kill you." Eun Mi muttered as she tossed some stuff around here and there. 

Then there was a knock on the door. 

"It's open." Eun Mi said as she pulled and pushed stuff back in and out from random places. 

"Dear," Jun Ki opened the door and stepped in her room, "I have a few reminders."

"AHA!" Eun Mi jumped and lunged for that familiar black box, "Damn it I found you!!!" she sighed before standing up straight, "Sup dad."

Jun Ki shook his head, "Later at the party be nice. Acknowledge the presence of the supremes, even though we are at the top of the racing heirarchy," he held his chin up high, "don't act like an airhead." he gave her a look. 

Eun Mi sighed and dropped to her bed, "But dad, they're the mean ones! They'll be like: "Oh look at her the child prodigy with no trophy." "She's not supposed to be in that position" blah blah blah!" 

Jun Ki sighed, "Well we can't avoid haters. Just think of it this way," He sat down beside her, "haters are your number one fans. For they always, I mean always, watch your every move."

Eun Mi thought about it for a while before smiling and laughing, "Your right."

"Now that's my girl." Jun Ki smiled before leaving your room. 

Eun Mi sighed and went back to fixing yourself. 


Woo Hyun was busy tapping on the couch as he waited for his hyung to come out of his closet, "I don't see why we have to attend these stupid balls for shallow people?"

Tablo stepped out of his closet dressed in a black tuxedo, "Shallow people," he spun around to check himself out in the mirror, "Explain."

"I mean," Woo Hyun started, "the people there are so, I don't know. They always think that," for some unknown reason he started thinking of Eun Mi, "you must have a trophy to defend your title," he started to feel pity, "I mean, you have to earn their respect through proof of your achievements."

Tablo looked at Woo Hyun through his mirror and knew immediately who he was thinking of, "Why are you suddenly saying this?"

Woo Hyun shrugged and shook his head, "Nevermind. Hey hyung guess what."

"What?"

"Eun Mi and I are friends now."

Tablo let out a loud laugh of sarcasm and looked at his racer, "That's what she wants you to think."

"WHY DOES EVERYBODY KEEP SAYING THAT?!" Woo Hyun guffawed and pouted. 

"Seriously, Woo," Tablo snickered as he fixed himself some more, "are you a moron or are you just plain dumb?"

"YA, Myung Soo said that exact same line to me," Woo Hyun pointed a dirty finger at his hyung, "YOU KNOW HER MORE THAN ME?!?"

Tablo snickered, "Ani," then his smile faded, "I was just there when she said it all." Only then did Woo Hyun's words start to make sense to Tablo. He knew Eun Mi had no trophy to defend her title, an unsettling feeling grew at the bottom of his stomach.

Then there was silence. 

Woo Hyun eyed his hyung, *What does he mean he was there when she said it all?* 

Tablo spun around and eyed his racer, "Ya, tonight I want you to do something."