CHAPTER 1

Race Car

EUN MI- 5 GI KWANG- 9

"Dad, I wanna drive!" Eun Mi ran to her dad who was busy with the car's engine.

Jun Ki smiled at her and wiped his hands on a ragged piece of cloth. He then picked Eun Mi up from the ground and got in the driver's seat, "Like father, like daughter."

Eun Mi giggled as Jun Ki put her behind the steering wheel, her little fingers gripping the big wheel, "Yeah!"

"Don't forget about me dad!" Gi Kwang dropped his car toy and ran to Jun Ki.

Jun Ki smiled, "Aigoo I forgot about my other racer."

Gi Kwang climbed onto Jun Ki's lap and watched Eun Mi, "Looks like Eun Mi likes to race too."

Jun Ki smiled and ruffled his son's hair, "Just like you."
"I'm going to be like you dad," Gi Kwang beamed at his father, "and like grandpa too."

Eun Mi tried steering the steering wheel while making car sounds, "Vroom! Vroom!"

Jun Ki and Gi Kwang smiled at hercuteness.

"Time to eat." Eun Hye walked in the garage.

"Umma!" Gi Kwang jumped off Jun Ki's lap and ran to his mom.

"Hey." Eun Hye smiled at Gi Kwang as he hugged her leg.

"Come on little girl." Jun Ki tried pulling her away from the steering wheel.

"Aniyo~" She whined and wrapped herself around the wheel.

"Aigoo," Jun Ki let her go and looked at his wife, "she won't let go."

"Just like her oppa." Eun Hye pinched Gi Kwang's cheeks.

"I'll go get her." Gi Kwang ran back to her, "Eun Mi-yah, come it with oppa."
Eun Mi let go of the steering and blinked at him, "Oppa?"
Gi Kwang smiled and extended his arms out, "Come with oppa."
She smiled and reached for Gi Kwang, he gently carried her down. Hand in hand the two of them walked back into the house.

"We're so fortunate that our children love each other so much." Eun Hye pulled Jun Ki out of the driver's seat.
"They'll both bring honor to our racing family." Jun Ki smiled and pulled his wife into the kitchen.

Two years later...

Eun Mi already made her debut into the racing world and she, immediately, was in the spotlight. She awed the racing society with her talent in driving, so they named her, "The Child Prodigy."

One night Eun Mi and Gi Kwang were in her room playing, waiting for the arrival of their parents. She was building a tower with her colorful leggo when she heard a loud crash from outside of their house. The tower crumbled to the floor as she scrambled to the nearest window.

"What was that?" Eun Mi peered out her window but she couldn't see anything since it was raining like there was no tomorrow that was accompanied with lightning and thunder.

"I don't know." Gi Kwang came up behind her and tried to see beyond the rain.

Then lightning flashed right in front of her, followed by a clap of thunder.

"AH!" Eun Mi jumped and wrapped her arms around Gi Kwang as she burried her head on his chest.

"Don't be afriad," Gi Kwang wrapped his arms around her, "oppa is here."

 

Jun Ki's eyes fluttered open and looked at the mess he was in. The rain didn't help him though and the fact that the only source of light was coming from the streetlights.

"Eun Hye?" He searched for his wife in the midst of the car crash.

"Eun Hye?" He started to panic. He weakly sat up and crawled to the other side of the car.

"EUN HYE!" He crawled to her and pulled her into his arms, "Eun Hye!" he wiped her face to see blood dripping from the side of her head, "EUN HYE!!"

 

Everyone was crying at the burial of their mother. Gi Kwang was on his knees crying his eyeballs out while Jun Ki stared at the cofin of their mom with Eun Mi in his arms. She stared at her dad and wondered why he wasn't crying.

"Appa, why aren't you crying?" She blinked at him.

Jun Ki blinked, accidentally letting a drop of tear trail down his cheek.

Eun Mi wiped his tear away and looked into his eyes, "I won't tell anybody, appa."
Jun Ki hugged her tight, 'Eun Mi you're the carbon copy of your mother, I don't know what's going to happen to me if I loose you too.

Three years later...

Eun Mi was preparing for Seoul's Race Tournament for Juniors. She was in the garage talking to Gi Kwang when her dad came in.

''Oh,'' Gi Kwang looked at him, ''what's up appa?"

Jun Ki went to Eun Mi, '' I'm sorry but you're not getting that trophy today.''

Her eyes widened, ''Is it because of what happened last night? I'm sorry I'll make sure that the clutch-''

''It's not about what happened last night.'' Jun Ki sighed.

''Then why am I not going to race?" Her eyes started getting teary.

Jun Ki didn't answer.

''Appa, why am I not racing?" She begged, still keeping her tears from falling.

Jun Ki balled his hand into a fist.

''Dad what's wrong?" Gi Kwang asked, ''You let me race but not her? Isn't that unf-''

''BECAUSE I SAID SO!!'' Jun Ki glared at Gi Kwang, ''NO is no.''

That was the first time Eun Mi ever saw her dad lose himself like that and she didn't like it. Especially since it was about something they both love... racing.

Eun Mi grabbed her helmet and stormed off to her room.

Gi Kwang gawked at his dad, ''What just happened?''

''Nothing.'' Jun Ki coldly answered.

''Nothing?'' Gi Kwang repeated, ''Nothing?'' he went face-to-face with his father, ''Are you sure?!''

''YES!''

Gi Kwang stepped back at the sudden reply of his own father. He couldn't believe the words that just came out of him, it was like he was a different person.

''Why won't you let her race? You can see it in her eyes that she can bag the championship and bring home the bacon with no problem.''

Jun Ki didn't answer, he too, knew that she could win the race with no difficulty... he was just too scared... he didn't want to risk it...

"You let me race but not her, why?" Gi Kwang asked in a softer tone.

"BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO LOSE HER!" Jun Ki yelled, "I don't want her to end up like Eun Hye." he lowered his head to hide his teary eyes.

Gi Kwang shook his head, "This is wrong," he looked at Jun Ki, "and you know it." Gi Kwang turned around and left to look for Eun Mi.

Jun Ki closed his eyes as his hand balled into a fist, 'Mianhae, Eun Mi. Mianhae...this is for your own good.'

 

Eun Mi was in her room, looking through her pictures of her previous races.

She sighed, 'How come appa won't let me race?'

There was a knock on your door, she looked up to see Gi Kwang coming in with a concerned face.

"Hi oppa." Eun Mi flatly greeted.

He sighed and sat on her bed, "Gwaenchana?"
She sat beside him and shook her head. Gi Kwang pulled Eun Mi into a hug and she started crying.

"Wh-why won't he late me race?" Eun Mi sniffled and wiped her tears away.

Gi Kwang sighed and flattened her hair, "Because he's scared."

She blinked, surprised at his answer, "Scared of what? That I won't win?"

Gi Kwang snickered, "Ani, pabo. You'll absolutely get that trophy."

Eun Mi snickered, pulled away and looked at Gi Kwang, "Then what?"

Gi Kwang sighed, "He doesn't want you to end up like mom."

"Oh." She understood, "But doesn't he trust me that I will never get into an accident?"

"He does.. he just doesn't want to risk it."

'Damn.' E un Mithought and looked at her fingers, "So does that mean, today is the," you gulped, "end?"

Gi Kwang hesitated at first before answering, "Ye."

"Aish." Eun Mi sighed, fell back and landed on her pillow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally chapter 1! Woooh hope you guys didn't wait that long ^^ Next chapter coming...