CHAPTER 27

Race Car

“What’s happening?” Eun Mi asked wondering why Gi Kwang was in such a hurry to get her out of school.

“Someone’s here.” Gi Kwang shifted gears and stepped on the gas. His engine roaring as he zoomed out of your school gates.

“Nugu?”

“Han Seung Yeon.”

Eun Mi's eyes narrowed in irritation, “What does she want now?!?

Gi Kwang chuckled, “The only thing that she’s failed to ever get from you.”

“Why won’t she leave me alone?” Eun Mi hissed in irritation, then her eyes widened, “Where’s appa?”

Gi Kwang didn’t answer.

“Oppa answer me!” Eun Mi looked at him.

His fingers shook around the steering wheel’s structure, “He- he w-went…”

Eun Mi raised a hand in the air, signaling him to stop, “Not again,” she groaned, sulking back on her seat, “what’s he gonna say now?”

 

 

Woo Hyun didn’t know what to do, but he a bad feeling about Seung Yeon being in school. Seung Yeon narrowed her eyes at the silence Woo Hyun was giving.

“Your silence is useless to me.” Seung Yeon shook her head before walking away.

Without hesitation, Woo Hyun ran for the principal’s office.

 

Myung Soo just got off the last step of the stairs when he felt a presence behind him.

*Aish, you better not be another fan girl.* he deeply sighed before looking back. There stood a smirking Seung Yeon.

“Hello L.” She bowed, a small one.

Myung Soo stepped back, “How’d you know my name?”

Seung Yeon mocked out a laugh, “You’re very well known, L. Being that you’re a friend of the child prodigy, Lee Eun Mi.”

“And you are?” His eyes narrowed.

“Han Seung Yeon.”

Then it hit Myung Soo, he remembered Gi Kwang telling him stories about this dirt racer who was always after Eun Mi because of her influence in the racing world.

“Psh,” Myung Soo mocked a smirk, “the dirt racer who can’t shine in South Korea’s racing industry.”

The smile on Seung Yeon’s face slowly turned into a frown.

“When will you let go of the misfortune, Han Seung Yeon?” Myung Soo saw in Seung Yeon’s eyes how his words were affecting her. He was pleased.

“You know nothing.” Seung Yeon sharply replied.

“Whatever,” Myung Soo mocked a laugh, “but I do know this,” he smirked, proud, “you will never beat her.” With that he walked away, leaving a displeased Seung Yeon behind.

She shook in anger as she tried to calm herself, “How many more people must remind me of that!!!” she stormed out of the hallway, heading for the parking lot.

 

Myung Soo brought out his phone and started texting. Woo Hyun stumbled into a stop, right in front of the Principal’s office door.

“Who the?” He brought out his pocket to check the text he received.

 

            Don’t tell Seung Yeon anything about Eun Mi, araseo? Yeah, I know she’s seen you too… -Myung Soo

 

Woo Hyun rolled his eyes, replying he was at the principal’s before knocking on the principal’s door.

“Kyojangnim.” Woo Hyun opened the door.

“Oh, Woo Hyun-ah?” The principal slowly placed the papers he was reading on the table, “Problem?”

“It’s about Eun Mi, kyojangnim.” Woo Hyun gulped.

 

Myung Soo was at the rooftop, watching Seung Yeon fussing about in the parking lot.

*Aish, why won’t she give up?* He sighed, frustrated.

 

“Aish why does everybody like that little brat!?!” Seung Yeon stomped her feet on the ground, shaking her fists in fury.

She roughly shoves the key into the car’s key slot and pulls the door open.

 

“Han Seung Yeon!!!”

 

Seung Yeon smirked, recognizing the voice, “Well, well, well,” she turned around to see a straight faced Jun Ki, “isn’t it Lee Jun Ki,” she mocked a laugh, “here to tell me off again?”

“I’m here to ask you to stop.” Jun Ki’s calm face didn’t match his voice that was tainted with anger.

“I will never stop, oh so great Lee Jun Ki,” Seung Yeon flailed her arms in the air before cracking into a sick laugh, “just because you have control over the racing world doesn’t mean you can tell me off.”

Jun Ki pinched the bridge of his nose, “I’m not telling you off, I’m asking you to stop.”

“Why won’t you let her race, sunbaenim?” Seung Yeon smirked, “Afraid she’ll lose?”

Jun Ki snickered, “You are not in your proper state of thinking if you think you can beat my daughter in something she’s very good at.”

“Then why isn’t she out on the race track racing?”

Jun Ki pursed his lips together, “Because I said so.”
“Why you, you hiding her or something?!?”

Jun Ki was about to answer when a chorus of sirens broke their attention. They looked to the school gate to see two police cars pulling up.

“What the?” Jun Ki arched a brow.

“There she is!” One of them pointed at Seung Yeon. The rest started brisk walking.

Seung Yeon furrowed her eyes, “What’s going on?”

“You’ve violated a rule in my school, Han Seung Yeon.” A voice came from behind Jun Ki.

Jun Ki looked back and smiled, “Ah, Principal Jung.” Shaking hands with him, “Your timing is most opportune.”

Principal Jung gave him a short nod before eyeing the trespasser, “You have violated a law that I’ve made clear with previous people like you, Han Seung Yeon-ssi.”

Seung Yeon scoffed as she rolled her eyes at the sudden appearance of the police around her, “And what may that be?”

“Unannounced visits,” His voice not the slightest bit intimidated, “from celebrities, athletes, artists, or any public icon are punishable by a visit to the police station.”

Jun Ki smirked, glad things were going his way.

“Oh yeah,” Seung Yeon crossed her arms, “how bout him and his kids?” she eyed Jun Ki.

“A father of a student,” Principal Jung nonchalantly answered, “his child, a student in this school, is not a celebrity, an athlete, an artist or a public icon.”

“Bull!” Seung Yeon broke into a mocking laugh.

“In this school I’ve filed that her true identity be kept from the other students and staff.” Jun Ki said, as a matter of fact, “She isn’t treated the same way as Nam Woo Hyun in this school.”

“Speaking of that kid,” Seung Yeon smirked, “he’s an exception too?”

“Of what, an unexpected visit?” Principal Jung chuckled, “He studies here.”

“You know what,” Jun Ki spoke before Seung Yeon could’ve said more, “the police are ready to take you, hubae. Just go.”

Seung Yeon glared at Jun Ki for a second before the men held her and started dragging her away.

“I’ll get to your kid Jun Ki,” She inwardly grinned, “one way or another.” She held her chin high as the men forced her in one of the police cars. 

 

Principal Jung and Jun Ki watched the cars disappear out of sight before looking at each other. 

"Thanks." Jun Ki sighed. 

"It's not me you should be thanking." Principal Jung gave him a sad smirk. 

Jun Ki arched a brow. 

 

At the rooftop, there sat a pleased Woo Hyun and a pissed out Myung Soo. 

"Aish that woman is such a pain in the ." Myung Soo roughly ran a hand through his bangs. 

"At least she's gone." Woo Hyun sighed, content. 

"For now." 

Then there was silence...

 

"So how's the media, they dropping the or something?" Woo Hyun broke the silence. 

"Ani," Myung Soo got even more frustrated, "aish, we can't be seen together anymore. , how can that even happen we go home to the same house." 

"And the same school." 

"And , the kids around here know we're cousins." 

Woo Hyun's eyes widened, "Ah , we're screwed..." 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~